Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421382 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1665 on: February 22, 2022, 08:29:27 pm »

Good luck Kasperan! Excited to see whether you'll unretire someone or start a new adventure.
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 23, 2022, 04:04:24 am »

I’ll download the save and get started tonight.

This will be Moldath’s third adventure. His goals include:

Learn as many secrets as possible.
Visit all player forts he has yet to visit.
Amass so much knowledge he becomes a Legendary reader.
Kill bucketloads of goblins and demons (and maybe some elves…).
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 23, 2022, 07:49:57 am »

Do you want another turn Maloy?

Yes, please! Real life took up more of my time than I wanted it to on my turn so I still got things I'd love to do!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 23, 2022, 07:54:53 am »

I’ll download the save and get started tonight.

This will be Moldath’s third adventure. His goals include:

Learn as many secrets as possible.
Visit all player forts he has yet to visit.
Amass so much knowledge he becomes a Legendary reader.
Kill bucketloads of goblins and demons (and maybe some elves…).

The Sadist Scholar. Look forward to seeing what you do.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 23, 2022, 12:33:26 pm »

Moldath rides again! Looking to eclipse the insane murder spree of Avolition Holyblood?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 23, 2022, 04:08:32 pm »

Moldath rides again! Looking to eclipse the insane murder spree of Avolition Holyblood?

Avolition Holyblood is gonna truly live up to his name next turn >:)
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 23, 2022, 05:35:40 pm »

We may have different definitions of the word holy.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 24, 2022, 07:17:25 am »

I am not sure even Moldath could slaughter that many goblins... but he will try his best!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 24, 2022, 07:17:13 pm »

It just crashed, and I lost three hours worth of adventuring...

Save often peeps!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 25, 2022, 01:15:54 pm »

I remember the first time I played with Lurker, I went to the Museum, saved, left for my submission, went to The Shelter of Adventurers and got stuck there by lag.

It's a good thing I had the save made there, otherwise I might have lost all progress. The problem (at least for me) isn't that it crashes often, it's that the more time you play, the most chances are it'll find a bug and crash.

Ah, since I don't remember mentioning it before, my forts in Orid Xem crashed a lot more often than... in any other game, really. I've read that TWBT might be responsible, and I already have a love-hate relationship with it, but Gods damned, I like seeing what's happening from half a dozen levels above the action...

Edit: I found we had a Trope Page. It's covering... stuff. Yeah, stuff. Most of it is accurate, though I'm not sure about some of those things. It has my nickname for Arcturus, which is cool. I'll try to import it to DFLegends when I have time, I'm not great (or interested) at editing TV Tropes and I heard they have some restrictive policies, so it's not for me. The tropes page could use a lot of added tropes, for those in the known.

Hope you have even better adventures, kesperan!

I've added an attempt at in-universe explanation for Legends Mode, LV and LB (Orid Xem). I've also added ALL the names of the known participants in Okgush Irka, the bloodiest war (and an important one historically too) in Orid Xem, bumping it up to 50,000 characters, definitely the longest page for a lasting time.

I've also grouped Bralbaard's tenure as an "active adventurer" under the title "Field worker for the Museum", though I'm open for suggestions of a better title.

I've also made the interesting but probably useless observation that Pis was generated two people after Kom, QD's first char. This begs the question on why the game thought a demon needed to be generated then and there and if Kom encountered it (though I doubt it). For reference, Bralbaard's horse (of which I had completely forgotten about, I wish LV had a pets category, they have a war buddy category for frak sake) was generated right after Bralbaard, so it's something like that.

I've also made the much more interesting discovery that in the last 150ish years there were generated almost as many creatures are in 8 centuries combined (I'm counting 1 to 7th, plus a time before time). Probably all those purged historical figures in World Generation explain the initial low numbers.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 04:45:09 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 25, 2022, 05:33:31 pm »

Edit: I found we had a Trope Page. It's covering... stuff. Yeah, stuff. Most of it is accurate, though I'm not sure about some of those things. It has my nickname for Arcturus, which is cool. I'll try to import it to DFLegends when I have time, I'm not great (or interested) at editing TV Tropes and I heard they have some restrictive policies, so it's not for me. The tropes page could use a lot of added tropes, for those in the known.
Did you make this? It's nice. It mentions some of my characters from the first Museum - Dishmab and Kosoth... I feel famous!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 25, 2022, 05:44:36 pm »

Did you make this? It's nice. It mentions some of my characters from the first Museum - Dishmab and Kosoth... I feel famous!
No, I didn't. I don't even have an account there. It's full of drama, it and the wikia/fandom spin-off Tropedia (link ← warning: drama), that's why I'm importing it to DF Legends Wiki. Also most of the names are in English ("common"), you wouldn't catch me (un)dead using them if I have the original names.

Kudos to whoever made it, but I'm not going there to edit.

Looks like Tropedia changed their admin, hope it's less drama-ry, I'm still weary of getting tangled up in all their drama though.

Edit: I imported the Orid Xem tropes, eh it looks decent enough.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:55:55 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 26, 2022, 06:13:46 am »

I've also grouped Bralbaard's tenure as an "active adventurer" under the title "Field worker for the Museum", though I'm open for suggestions of a better title.

I think actually that technically, at this point in time, Bralbaard is dead. We know he will magically reappear when someone visits Falsetower, but that has not happened yet in our current timeline. There are just some "prophecies" from people checking the save game in alternative timelines.

I've also made the interesting but probably useless observation that Pis was generated two people after Kom, QD's first char. This begs the question on why the game thought a demon needed to be generated then and there and if Kom encountered it (though I doubt it). For reference, Bralbaard's horse (of which I had completely forgotten about, I wish LV had a pets category, they have a war buddy category for frak sake) was generated right after Bralbaard, so it's something like that.

I've also made the much more interesting discovery that in the last 150ish years there were generated almost as many creatures are in 8 centuries combined (I'm counting 1 to 7th, plus a time before time). Probably all those purged historical figures in World Generation explain the initial low numbers.

About my horse,  Mestthos Lovermachines: I'm pretty sure that I bought him during character generation, so that would be quite different from whatever caused Pis to appear.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 06:57:57 am by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 01, 2022, 05:59:38 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 01, 2022, 08:49:12 pm »

We've finally killed, what, 90% of the beasts and night creatures then?

Thats a lot of murder
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 265