Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421354 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1605 on: February 15, 2022, 03:00:17 am »

I've updated the turn list and send Maloy a message.
I see I've died again.  I expect it to be permanent this time, but sometimes the current DF version seems to handle off-screen deaths strangely. (like arcturus coming back to life when I visited his site, only to die of old age again. I think one of the other kings died twice as well). We'll see.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 15, 2022, 03:29:02 am »

In strange aeons, they say, even death may die. If it didn't stop old King Bralbaard the first time. . . Or the second, who's to say a third lapse of consciousness will?
I've lost control of my life.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 15, 2022, 04:18:42 am »

That's easy to find out, just reclaim the fort and try to find the corpse. I don't have time right now to check though.

Avolition, it looks like it's Sethurdim Mestthos Oram's overseer's fault that the battle happened (original name Okutu Olngö). The Roasted War had died down since 798, yet Avolition the Vampire decided to take "an enthusiastic walk" into a Dark Pits in the name of Adilatír and the goblins retaliated. It probably makes the story even better, regarding dwarven hubris and what might led to them having such a small population (though really, that was between Oddom and Malladang).

Well here is the thing about that, Two things in fact. Firstly reclaiming my fort. No one is dead Bralbaard lives, despite his death occuring in legends, head over to my fort in adventure mode just now, first undead dwarf i walk into. Its Bralbaard in some wierd ghost state. He lives I guess the goblins were just spreading fake propaganda of killing an old king.

As for Avolitions little stroll, well i want to do some stuff with Avolition next turn so was just setting stuff up, plus keeps the world interesting and i wanted to see if i could get a Knowing Deceiever diplomat to arrive.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 04:23:23 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 15, 2022, 04:35:18 am »

The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated, again.

I wonder if this has ever been submitted as a bug report?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 15, 2022, 04:47:40 am »

The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated, again.

I wonder if this has ever been submitted as a bug report?

No idea, but i couldn't interact with him so it sounds like a certain black bear man. Especially as he can't be played either

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 15, 2022, 04:59:30 am »

As an azide, I was wondering. Do you folks suppose we should establish the Historians' Guild in a physical location proper? I do think it'd be a neat detail to keep with some of the tales we've weaved on the side.
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 15, 2022, 09:19:29 am »

Apparently the bug was reported before, but I've added a note:

link

About Arcturus being unplayable: He died again right away when I met him, so I think he is properly dead now? or did someone raise him from death after that? I must admit I'm losing track of the dead/undead/living status of characters, including myself.

Edit: That is fine unraveller, we can never have too many sites.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:44:04 am by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 15, 2022, 09:43:44 am »

Seems like an old bug.

I did raise the bear man, which made him playable again (just checked) seems he is chilling in an abandoned house in obeybreads. Bralbaard is in a wierd limbo of being kinda alive but also not alive.

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 15, 2022, 09:52:36 am »

Yeah, Bralbaard seems... weird. LegendsViewer and Legends Mode both say he's dead, and adventure mode excludes him from the list of retired but playable adventurers, yet he's definitely alive in fortress Mode (shows on the citizens list for the new fort and was performing a hauling task when I last checked) and maybe adventure mode (going by AB's words; will try and find him myself to be certain). Here's hoping he doesn't just vanish the moment he goes offf-site.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 15, 2022, 09:59:42 am »

He is on site, you can see and look at him but no interaction, he is the dark one surgeon as there are a few undead and it might take a bit to look at each one. Just tried to expel Bralbaard to see if it would make him playable again. It does not.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:18:07 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 15, 2022, 10:20:56 am »

I think he is dead currently, and that is what legendsviewer etc. confirm. Due to the bug he is only resurrected when avolitions fortress is loaded, either in adventure mode or after a reclaim. If nobody does that he will just remain dead/inactive.  I would not be surprised if he is playable again when the adventurer or fortress that was used to revive him is retired again. Or did someone check that already?

Anyhow, I had no real plans to play him again, so it would be fine if he remains in this state. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:27:15 am by Bralbaard »

diogo_alt_tab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Check out my music!
« Reply #1616 on: February 15, 2022, 10:38:23 am »

I've finished reading up on the original museum thread a while ago, and am currently roughly halfway through this one. Just amazing! Can I get queued up for a turn?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 15, 2022, 10:40:31 am »

Sure!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 15, 2022, 10:51:22 am »

Removed double post.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:56:30 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 15, 2022, 10:55:54 am »

This sounds similar to the... weird effect I had when healing the Guild Representative Amsir Kupestruslot of the blight. Twice I was successful and twice after he left the fort, he came back with the Blight.

I suspect if someone unretires then retires Bralbaard's site (Sethurdim Mestthos Oram if he's still there), Bralbaard becomes a real, "un"living character again.

Speaking of the Historians' Guild, I was thinking of making them a page, if only because there are completely fictional names that are tied to this Guild and I wanted to gather them.

Also bump for visibility:

Also, you sure bred some fearsome cows, Avolition! Too bad they didn't get names from that.

Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 265