Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421308 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1215 on: November 02, 2021, 05:55:20 am »

Thanks, hoping Avo is still around for my next turn. Interesting time that my turn falls on. Perhaps a Christmas miracle for the kobolds.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 02, 2021, 07:20:44 am »

Great story Brit. Must have been hard as a kobold with no armour.

I did some research into Moldath's adventures. He migrated to your fort in 818, and was subjected to extensive surgery. He had his rotten flesh flayed off by an amateur surgeon weaponsmith, which seems to have driven him insane and turned him into a sadist.

He then was beaten and imprisoned for murdering one of your dwarves. Beaten so badly in 823 he got a compound rib fracture and torn left lung, which again was repaired by your medical team. Sadly, imprisonment didn't do anything to his vampiric urges and he killed a total of 12 of your dwarves over the years.

I think I have found why he was a terrible scholar. His eyes have completely rotted away, and he is now totally blind. He still managed to author two works... (He also has a constant *MORTAL WOUND* as his left lung is torn apart...)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL;DR - my adventurer is now a blind sadist.

Now, what am I to do with a blind vampire? I assumed necros and vampires get [extravision] but apparently only intelligent undead do, and maybe husks? I can't think of a way to heal his eyes. He can't become a werebeast. He can't pray to shrines anymore because he is one of the cursed undead. Guess I will have to figure out a way to husk/ghoul him... any suggestions?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 02, 2021, 08:22:36 am »

Honestly it was a nightmare. A farmer woke up and stabbed me in the leg with a carving leg. Instantly lost function. He finally got armour as when I retired him at my fort and came back I saw he was wearing armour.

Yeah I did convict you but they were struggling to get you so I just locked you away. I like to think Moldath is writing braille scrolls. You have one hope. It's what I tried to do. The 20 sided divination die have a chance to heal wounds. I got cursed as I kept rolling different 20 sided die for the same god. I think it's why I became linked to another vampiric bloodline and messed up the charts. I wonder if come my turn Avo will get some treatment

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 02, 2021, 08:26:57 am »

Yeah, that was one of the things I hoped for but I found this on the Wiki:

Any creature cursed by the gods in such a way will be unable to benefit from any deity's dice again in the future.

Pretty sure that means Moldath can't - he was cursed by Rogon the Umber to become a vampire.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 02, 2021, 08:41:48 am »

I think it resets if you die and get raised. Was planning to get Moldath to kill me but no hands so no dice rolls

Drunken scholar

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 02, 2021, 10:22:44 pm »

Guess I will have to figure out a way to husk/ghoul him... any suggestions?
Homesafe The Shrine of Guarding on the northernmost island is full of mist-husks.

Also, add me to the turn list, I'm rarin' to have another go at this!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:56:28 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 03, 2021, 03:34:17 am »

Now, what am I to do with a blind vampire? I assumed necros and vampires get [extravision] but apparently only intelligent undead do, and maybe husks? I can't think of a way to heal his eyes. He can't become a werebeast. He can't pray to shrines anymore because he is one of the cursed undead. Guess I will have to figure out a way to husk/ghoul him... any suggestions?
The Museum has a bag of husking dust stashed away on the top floor, in one of the corners, if you want to go down the get-husked-fast route (throw some dust onto a tile, strip everything off, crawl through it); as tonnot98 said, Homesafe also has the same kind of husking weather and maybe some dust piles lying around (IIRC it looks like red sand, so be careful when looking around).

Ghouling him (via Blighted Thrall) is sadly going to be impossible, since the infection requires you not to be a vamp, werebeast, or raised undead (though Necromancers are cool with them).
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 03, 2021, 04:05:36 am »

This is good info - thanks.

If I could figure out a way to kill him without mangling him I could conceivable have another adventurer raise him as a Gaunt Zombie or whatever.

I suppose I have a month to figure out a plan :D

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 03, 2021, 06:12:59 am »

If I could figure out a way to kill him without mangling him I could conceivable have another adventurer raise him as a Gaunt Zombie or whatever.

Well, Monkeycurse is currently vacant. That worked quite well the last time around (Raki starved to death, btw, that worked well for preserving the corpse). It might take some time before someone comes by to raise you though.

I've added Tonnot98 to the turn list.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:17:32 am by Bralbaard »

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 03, 2021, 07:59:10 am »

FWIW, I know a two ways of doing so. Presuming you want to do this before turning him into a husk (IIRC IntUndead can still become husks, though I'll have to double-check in the world's raw file):
  • Go to or build a site like Monkeycurse, then give into starvation. Hope that someone decides to come around and resurrect your blind vampiric sadist (note: the corpse may become a skeleton over time, but this doesn't seem to have any real impact on gameplay or resurrection). You might need to find new gear afterwards; I'm not sure whether or not the armour, weapons, etc. will scatter about the site or just vanish if you give in to starvation.
  • Start out as a new adventurer and unretire the blind guy as part of a party with this adventurer. Find a necroslab with the IntUndead secret you want. EDIT: Make sure to take off any armour and/or clothing your adventurer has on before the next step, so it doesn't interfere by absorbing any blows. Using tactics mode, scratch (quick attack would probably be best) your vampire's throat until a major artery is opened, then talk with him and ask to cease fighting; tab-swap to him and have him agree. Wait for him to bleed out, then switch to your necromancer companion and rezz him as an IntUndead.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:31:29 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 03, 2021, 09:58:02 am »

I think option two sounds more reliable.

So if anyone gets a blind sadist scholar migrate to their fort in the next few turns, banish him or lock him up…

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 03, 2021, 10:28:05 am »

So I did some testing. Sad news. You are still blocked by the dice even after being resurrected.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 03, 2021, 11:38:45 am »

So I did some testing. Sad news. You are still blocked by the dice even after being resurrected.
Yeah I thought that might be the case. If you’ve been cursed by a god, no more freebies.

I didn’t know that giving in to starvation preserves your corpse. That’s good info too.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 06, 2021, 02:07:49 pm »

Lurker, how's your turn going?

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 06, 2021, 08:05:49 pm »

Uhhh, turned out I've had a busy week. Not much progress than nominally claiming Palacework as an adventurer. I'll probably just kamikaze into another goblin pack just to keep the game going, then see what I can do with a fortress and my plans in a single day. Ah well.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 265