Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427415 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III adventure game
« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »

It's been a few days, any word from Th4dwArfY1?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2021, 07:06:36 am »

It's been a few days, any word from Th4dwArfY1?

No response, Yarlig is next..

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2021, 01:15:50 pm »

I shouldn't have cut my adventure short.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2021, 01:59:17 pm »

At the risk of coming off as overly pessimistic or skip-happy, it looks like Yarlig hasn't been active for a couple weeks. Hopefully they'll be able to pick up the game, but I wouldn't exactly count on it.

Oh, and Flame? Having thought some more on it, I'm fine with you killing (or trying to kill) Lonelythrall during your next turn.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 11, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »

Oh, and Flame? Having thought some more on it, I'm fine with you killing (or trying to kill) Lonelythrall during your next turn.
May the best abomination win!

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 12, 2021, 05:56:29 pm »

No worries' I just downloaded the save; going to start this evening or tomorrow' sorry for the holdup there.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2021, 06:40:51 pm »

No worries' I just downloaded the save; going to start this evening or tomorrow' sorry for the holdup there.
Good to hear! Here's hoping that third time's the charm.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 17, 2021, 04:55:22 pm »

How's it going Yarlig? It's been the better part of a week.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 18, 2021, 01:28:01 pm »

How's it going Yarlig? It's been the better part of a week.

Surprisingly well' actually; I managed to reach Boltspumpkin this time and leave a small submission; then I went out to achieve something better. Most of my plans fell short of the mark' and I wasted a lot of time hunting down one of Bob's skulls' but still got decent results in all; now I want to make one last expedition before my inevitable death and'll likely post the save sometime in the evening.

I actually started writing my log right away this time' but it's been pretty slow; you can expect the first update soon' if everything goes right. All in all' it was quite an experience' I don't think I learned so much about advMode ever since my first couple playthroughs.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 18, 2021, 03:47:47 pm »

Also making a new post on this because it seems there's a serious problem with player-made fortresses. I visited Gor and Duskhome and they both had no buildings at all; I loaded them up in fortress mode and in 47.04 those buildings do show up' while in 47.05 it just crashes the game. No idea what could possibly be the cause of this' but I'd say it makes building new forts questionable at the very least.

In other news' I ded.
Here's the save:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15424
My official submission is: hands of Hob Tileddoctrines' leader of the last major necromancer coven' now stuck crippled and defenseless in his tower.
My unofficial submissions are:
Skull of the Murky Filths to be added to the library of whispers;
Head and bearings of Thon Scarone' retrieved from the cave in which he had met his end;
And roughly a dozen of mostly useless artifacts.

Hopefully we manage to work around those issues' I think Eric visited Duskhome at some point and reported nothing unusual? Perhaps only the latest saves are broken like this.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 18, 2021, 04:40:59 pm »

Hmm... I can unretire LanceSavage with no issue, but EmeraldCrown crashes. It also crashes in TheFlame's save but is fine on the last one I uploaded (post necro-experiment cleanup). Could be related to being visited by an adventurer in 47.05, or maybe some bugged migrants that moved in since then.

The error log just shows a bunch of
Code: [Select]
succession traveler placed out of boundsmessages.

Edit: Unretiring EmeraldCrown from TheFlame's save in 47.04 also crashes, so it's not just the new version. It's fine in Quantum Drop's save so the corruption seems to be relatively recent.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:13:31 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 18, 2021, 05:18:25 pm »

There are several refugee camps that will crash your game. One I noted is around my goblin capital and I'm pretty sure the law-giver is there.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 18, 2021, 06:34:25 pm »

Duskhome and Gor were both constructed by Imic during his last turn' and Emeraldcrown was the next one; Relicward seems to unretire perfectly fine though' and so does Archquakes. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact those problematic sites were built during the height of the overpopulation crisis?

That being said' this 'succession traveler' bug seems to be in the game since 2014:
https://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7808
Someone mentioned the possibility of an overflow error in the comments there' similar to what we had previously' I think; refugee camps are likely suffering from the same issue; although visiting those sites in advMode doesn't yield any problems with population' artifacts are present also; only buildings seem affected.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2021, 07:38:26 pm »

Added Yarlig's adventurers to the table (though it may be a bit inaccurate).

A warning to anyone about to go legends-diving in the current save: LV really doesn't like something in legends_plus.xml (to be exact, it came up with an unhandled exception error, stating that an 'input string is not in a correct format'; this seemed to crop up somewhere in the loading of the Events section), so you may have to do without the legends_plus file for now. I'm not sure whether this is due to DFHack 47.05 still being in beta right now, or if it's down to some issue with the save file.

I'll have a look about in adventure mode this weekend, and try to find out if any of the older player-built sites are bugged or otherwise inaccessible. If they are, it might be an idea to add a note to the site's description on the list on the first page (which needs a bit of updating anyway, by the look of it).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:48:32 am by Quantum Drop »

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 19, 2021, 08:11:26 am »

Added Yarlig's adventurers to the table (though it may be a bit inaccurate).

Nah' I think all's correct' except I don't recall killing any megabeasts. Though you might want to change 'struck down by an angel' to 'punched in the foot by an angel'. I don't think I've died such an absurd death ever before:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the bug front' I ran some minor tests and noticed the following:

Luckyowl's save is unaffected by bugs' so the cutoff point seems to be between turns 33 and 34;

Adventurer sites are also affected in that no structures appear in advMode; Monkeycurse is broke' Shelter of Adventurers is not; again' problems seem to arise in sites built in the turns 27 through 29. Curiously' ashes from campfires seem to remain on site even when it's bugged.

Newly built adventurer sites seem to work fine as well.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 265