Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 427530 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2020, 12:58:15 pm »

I know I left it with a net increase in population, but that's because Championvaults is built in a very boring locale. I'd have to go instigate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 29, 2020, 01:23:50 pm »

I wonder, how many dwarves are left standing? Last I checked, populations were around 300 or so and dropping from the failed fortresses.

It's actually been mostly consistently growing. Bralbaard posted a new graph a couple pages back, I think it's still around 600 or so.

Edit: found it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.msg8188297#msg8188297
Looks like it might even be over 700 now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 01:25:23 pm by Glloyd »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 29, 2020, 03:27:27 pm »

It's currently at 762, lowest it's been was 524, that was at the end of my first turn.
At the start of that turn (and the end of worldgen) it was at 568, but I guess many dwarves were massacred in that massive goblin/elf attack that I observed when I was in Treatyseed. (when the king was also nearly murdered by that elf recruit). Anyhow, the death of those dwarves during my turn was somehow balanced by the death of nearly 1000 elves, so some would say that their sacrifice was not in vain.

Of course those surviving 762 dwarves are nothing compared to the millions of undead that we apparently have in this world. I guess I would have to move to a logarithmic graph to properly depict all populations at once :-), I'm not sure if I can easily extract meaningful numbers for undead though.
Kobolds have been sitting at 51 since 712, and have the highest risk to go extinct.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 03:37:20 pm by Bralbaard »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2020, 04:26:35 pm »

On my next turn I hope to build a fortress for the sole purpose of being a large safe place for Dwarves to live and have children.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2020, 02:49:20 am »

How're things going on your end, Ionmatrix?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 05, 2020, 07:07:02 pm »

It's been a week and nothing from IonMatrix. He hasn't been active in a week either, time to skip to the next person?

Also, regarding population numbers, according to legends viewer from a couple turns ago, there are almost 5 million Hands of Planegifts in the world, making up over 95% of the site populations in the world. Over 4 million of those are in the hamlet of Heartwhispers. For comparison, there's 61402 goblins. There's more Hands of Planegifts in Heartwhispers alone than there are certain types of vermin - more than the amount of rats and pond turtles in the world combined. Truly wild. The second most populous race is Soldiers of Night, with a measly 71441, most located in Cog's tower of Glazedriven. This is the race of my companion Ishes.

Despite the massive number of Hands, there are only 224 living Hand historical figures, compared to 1016 Soldier of Night figs and 4451 goblins. Seems like most are content to hang out in Heartwhispers.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2020, 08:37:06 pm »

Hey, hey, I'm here. The Wi-Fi got cut for some days but I've been playing. I'll post the save soon.

EDIT:By that I meant tomorrow because the Wi-Fi went down AGAIN after being good for just a FEW MINUTES. Then the lazy ass mechanic told me that he'll come back tomorrow or something. >:(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:46:22 pm by IonMatrix »
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2020, 10:43:41 pm »

Sounds like there needs to be an exterminatus. Dfhack can theoretically destroy an entire species, but I'm not sure if it would actually work on generated races. Or if they'd just repopulate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2020, 06:26:21 am »

Sounds like there needs to be an exterminatus. Dfhack can theoretically destroy an entire species, but I'm not sure if it would actually work on generated races. Or if they'd just repopulate.

Well, as long as they are content to stay in Heartwhispers there is no real problem. Let's just pray that Toady will not release an update at some point that will unleash them upon the world.

Also, regarding population numbers, according to legends viewer from a couple turns ago, there are almost 5 million Hands of Planegifts in the world, making up over 95% of the site populations in the world.

I wonder if that would give us an "age of the hand of planegifts" after we've murdered all the megabeasts in the world, or if we'll get an age of the goblin. According to wiki:

Once there are no powers left in the world, the ages will proceed as follows.

The Age of (Race)
    Less than 50% of all civilized creatures are mundane (i.e. Human, when using unmodded raws), and the majority are of one race.

The Age of Dwarves was a time when dwarves ruled the world.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2020, 02:58:51 pm »

Now that would be an interesting necromancer experiment: A race of beings who were prolific reproducers, and like locusts went on mass war frenzies every time there wasn't enough to eat.  Grasshopper-people becoming Locust-people... Now that's a frightening thought!

Grasshopper people being these peaceful farming types, very hippie dippy like elves, but at some population point becoming war-beast swarms until the population dips below a certain number per site again...

Mass migration of populations as they conquer and pillage other sites around them would make for an interesting world gen if there was a regular cycle of growth then apocalyptic wars.  Heck, doing this to preserve FPS might be fun too.  At a certain point, a world gen takes a certain number of seconds per year to generate, some apocalypse or other is triggered to "clean up the clutter" and it continues until the number of seconds per year generated is reduced down below the threshold.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 03:03:24 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 07, 2020, 12:41:23 pm »

Have you had any luck uploading the save, Ionmatrix?

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 08, 2020, 02:00:50 am »

Right. Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15237

Also my turn in a nutshell:
OOH whats that?
*Chops that thing up*
OOH SHINY!!!
*Repeats for a long time*
OOH what's that wait that's a lasher oh shi-
*gets lightsaber'd*

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 08, 2020, 04:45:56 am »

I feel your pain on that, IonMatrix. They're hilarious if on your side, rage-inducing when they aren't.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 08, 2020, 04:53:55 am »

Right. Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15237

Thanks for the save game!

Are you going to do a more extensive write up? We love those.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 09, 2020, 10:08:18 am »

Well, yeah, after some tiime.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 265