Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430356 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum III: Adventure mode succession game.
« Reply #435 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:57 pm »

If it's Sekur Handgoal and Tohwot Drummedknit (I think it's them, as they have Thon Scarone listed as a companion), they haven't been doing much of note. They married in 713, then there's nothing about them until 716/717, when they took on positions in two different religious groups. Maybe they decided that combat wasn't really for them after seeing your adventurer get chomped on?
I'm not sure if legends mode will give you the full picture. History is hidden, so you may have to find them in adventure mode to hear the full story. But they got married as well? That by itself is already interesting.

I'd like to note that I also encountered Kem skinnydeaths, a companion of Bil Hammertome (Emilovich) in my adventure. He had become a legendary swordsman, but was in the service of a somewhat dubious local Overlord. I've got no clue how he ended up there, but I really like how life continues for all characters after retirement (another example is how many of the surviving adventurers have been made barons by the walled dye). Kem joined me and survived the battle with the demon that killed my adventurer. He is probably still out there, somewhere.

Anyhow, I have updated the map. The area around the museum is getting quite crowded, so I had to reformat some stuff:

This is the map of Orid Xem; The Universes of Myth

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-snip-

14: The Shelter of Adventures: This site was build by Glloyd Ancientborn the Round, and he has stated that he will welcome new adventurers to this site. They can even take equipment and supplies, if they promise to support the shelter with donations once they return from their adventures. Rumour has it that Glloyd is a necromancer, so you better follow up on your promises.   
15: Archquakes: Constructed by Tasoth in 733. This distant site is said to be known for its mugs. (unexplored)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:10:37 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 16, 2020, 04:26:04 pm »

Oh shit they got married!

Hold on I thought amsir died. Ah hell that was what eight months ago I don't remember much. It's good to see theyre alive and happy, though. I also assumed they would have returned to the castle where I innitially took them on. Does legends mode say they became residents at the shrine or something?

But, as an addendum, assuming Slenshi could just say it at any point, Donas actually burned to death as a result of the Titan's fire breath. I tried taking off ignited clothes but apparently I was actually on fire myself. I threw my backpack out of the way to try and preserve it, hoping someone would find it. So I killed the titan while engulfed in flames, then bled to death. Slenshi at that point couldn't get anywhere near the fighting because of the flames.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:47:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2020, 05:48:00 pm »

I'd like to note that I also encountered Kem skinnydeaths, a companion of Bil Hammertome (Emilovich) in my adventure. He had become a legendary swordsman, but was in the service of a somewhat dubious local Overlord. I've got no clue how he ended up there, but I really like how life continues for all characters after retirement (another example is how many of the surviving adventurers have been made barons by the walled dye). Kem joined me and survived the battle with the demon that killed my adventurer. He is probably still out there, somewhere.

That's definitely one of my favourite parts of these long succession adventurer games. You get to see where some of the characters from other adventures end up, and pick up story threads from previous turns. i.e. Cog, the headless necromancer. I was surprised at how many of the early adventurers became nobility int he Walled Dye though, and moved elsewhere.

Oh shit they got married!

Hold on I thought amsir died. Ah hell that was what eight months ago I don't remember much. It's good to see theyre alive and happy, though. I also assumed they would have returned to the castle where I innitially took them on. Does legends mode say they became residents at the shrine or something?

Amsir was definitely still alive and well. It seemed that they had just lived at the shrine for the intervening 20 years, although you'd have to dive into legends mode to find out otherwise. As of the end of my turn I had dismissed them from my party at the Shelter of Adventures, so they're likely still hanging around there with me and Ishes. I tried to convince them to become my hearthpersons, but they had no interest in it.

EDIT: Actually that makes me wonder, if Archquakes was built in 733, what year is it going into TheFlame's turn? I wonder if we'll go long enough to see old characters start dying of old age in future turns.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:49:46 pm by Glloyd »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2020, 09:29:14 pm »

Also I just want everyone to know that there is a pacifist werebeast who live up the mountains somewhere in Wall Dyed country. This figure is responsible for creating a spear and gave it to a noble who lost it when they died in battle and has been missing for centuries ever since. The werebeast has a very tragic background and for some reason when it became a werebeast it never killed nor attacked, but simply "Rampage" I like to think that this poor werebeast tries to keep their sanity while in werebeast form, and some how mange it for over 600 years. Not sure if it was killed yet, but future adventurers should look into it

Edit: not the killing look into it, but more on that spear which has been lost for hundreds of years. I personally would wish for the werebeast to be left alone since it had a rough life before it was a werebeast.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:34:31 pm by Luckyowl »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2020, 09:13:54 am »

Okay,

So we have a number of finished adventures for which the stories have not been written down yet, and for which it is unlikely that this will happen.
We had a solution for this in the first museum game: The Historians Guild!
In the current desperate times I'm calling for this guild to come back together.

For now this is only about the second part of Cathar's turn because he has already clearly indicated that he will not be able to finish the story himself. In the future it might be used on other missing stories as well, the first post in the topic mentions which stories are still in the process of being written.

So what will happen?
Everybody who wants can dive into legends mode, to write your version of the story of Cathar's adventurer. We might end up with many conflicting versions, but that would be part of the fun. His adventurer might even have survived somewhere, or might have deposited something at the museum. Note that the fist part of the adventure has already been written down by Cathar. (the writing and art is excellent)

rules (taken from the original museum game):
1) This is only about telling the history of Cathar's turn, so don't dash of on your own adventures, and post about those, you'll have to wait for your own turn to do that. (you can however search through the museums stacks to see if anything was deposited there, if needed) Try to restrict yourself to legends mode for as much as possible.
2) Everybody can join, you don't have to be on the turn list.
3) No uploading of save games, this will run simultaneously with the main game.
4) You can submit your story/analysis until up to two weeks from this post, it can take any form, art, stories, be creative.

If Cathar decides to return, he can post his official version, and we'll laugh about everything we got wrong.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:32:09 am by Bralbaard »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2020, 12:29:56 pm »

Very cool idea! I vote that whoever finishes it should finish it in Cathar's style, drawings and all, regardless of artistic skill. Seeing bad MS paint drawings contrasted with Cathar's amazing work would be hilarious.

I do hope some of the last couple people do come back to finish their turn. I'm interested in reading Tasoth's turn especially, by the looks of legends mode, his adventurer is still alive, and got up to some interesting stuff.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2020, 01:18:37 pm »

just to clarify, this is not to put pressure on people that finished their turns recently! It has taken me a few weeks myself to finish writing everything up.
It's just for filling in the blanks for stories for which we are certain that writing has stopped, months after the save was passed on. I'll usually contact the player first, in Cathar's case though he has indicated in his last post that he is no longer interested in the museum, so it seems fair to try and find out what happened during his turn. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:22:23 pm by Bralbaard »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2020, 01:47:17 pm »

That actually fits perfectly with an idea I had for my turn. I'll definitely give it a shot if I can find the time!
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2020, 03:24:46 pm »

I am downloading the save. I wonder if my guy is still around? Either way, I'm making a new adventurer.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »

I too might join this historians guild. I was thinking, at first seeing your post, of making my next adventurer one to search-and-rescue lost adventurers and write down their tales as the (living ones and rumors) describe them in-game.

It's amazing how little information legends mode has on so many subjects. An adventurer to go seek out rumors might be the only option without just making shit up.

Could also try comparing the saves from before and after his turn, and find out which settlements he travelled through based solely on which ones lost parts of their populations during his turn, to make a best approximate guess of his route of travel.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 18, 2020, 09:52:41 am »

As a reminder we also still have the rather mysterious entry from Timeless Bob first adventure.
That is something people will have to explore during their actual turn though, (this is not historian guild material) I guess to have a chance to find the required items you will need legends mode as well.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 18, 2020, 03:25:01 pm »

Some possible trouble with the file. I'm not sure if 7zip can handle its size, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Save's unpacked. I'm starting my adventure.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 01:46:47 pm by TheFlame52 »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #447 on: September 20, 2020, 11:54:32 am »

someone should embark here. looks like a lava lake with a lavafall in a glaciar biome. I really like this new utility! you guys should try it out it's pretty good to find places to embark to.  https://orenong.itch.io/dwarpher

edit: I hope Orenong add an option to toggle window mode and maybe render sites which could be easily represented with simple icons. Another thing I wish it had was a mini map showing the 2d map in the lower right corner so you could get general feel where is where.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:58:37 am by Luckyowl »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 20, 2020, 12:00:47 pm »

Looking at the map, there is a volcano there, but I'm pretty sure the colour represented on that image is the biome beside it. Someone would have to take a look to be sure though. That is a very cool utility either way.

Edit: it's very cool how you can see the path of the Purged Loot through the tundra even though it doesn't actually flow through there.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:02:54 pm by Glloyd »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 20, 2020, 05:21:25 pm »

Comparing that image for the map on the first page, that orange field does appear to correspond to a desert biome adjacent to the volcano.

Also, that island in the inland sea appears to have White Gold Tower on it. Do the dragonfires still burn?
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 265