Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430602 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3660 on: October 17, 2023, 09:26:15 am »

I have only just begun and I found my city with three times the regular amount of soldiers with several wearing High Confederacies armor

Then I had an insurrection that is either the fault of the High Confederacies or those darned dark gnomes and their age of dark gnome nonsense

Also I filled a town with zombies (not mine)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: October 17, 2023, 03:16:20 pm »

Aha! Kothvir told you that the High Confederacies would retake Incenseorder one day!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: October 19, 2023, 06:34:22 pm »

I've kind of hit a block now.

I powered through and did all that I really wanted to do this turn and now I can't really think of anything else right now...
I could run some Razorbridge and continue to produce more Warriors of Udir and Elves to distribute globally, but I also don't really wanna deal with all the tediousness either right now.

Thinking of dropping it back off early if that's fine

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: October 21, 2023, 01:11:04 pm »

Turn list needs updating but it looks like it’s Imic or Dikbut next.

If you haven’t any ideas for a fort I’m sure the next person wouldn’t mind starting early?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: October 22, 2023, 06:44:47 am »

save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DXxTN0-o8LpkgrhBS7Y6crdRwLOqwOhu/view?usp=sharing

Got up to some interesting things

I did also discover that wherever Warriors of Udir are born they adopt the local customs and beliefs. So now we have human-cultured ones running around.
So, technically you could spawn a small army of them in a Most Sin settlement and they would be just as vicious and bloodthirsty as goblins - just way more dangerous!

You can throw me back on the list

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: October 23, 2023, 09:32:56 am »

Hope you're feeling well enough to take your turn, Imic!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: October 28, 2023, 11:32:23 am »

Hope Imic's turn has been going well?
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: October 28, 2023, 12:49:28 pm »

The first page turn list hasn’t been updated for a while and I don’t even know if anyone has the save just now, which is a shame considering how many names are on the waiting list.

Can you clarify Bralbaard?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: October 28, 2023, 02:34:37 pm »

Sorry for not keeping up with the thread lately. Have been busy and distracted with other things.
I'll try to get stuff updated. I'll also send Imic a message, I had not done so yet.   

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: October 28, 2023, 04:33:07 pm »

Ehm, you need to remove me from
Code: [Select]
133: Lurker Z (writing) since I didn't do my turn, and add me at the end of the list for a new turn, thanks.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: October 28, 2023, 05:34:07 pm »

Take me off the list again, sorry. The world is conspiring to prevent me from taking another Muesum turn.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: October 29, 2023, 03:55:56 am »

Take me off the list again, sorry. The world is conspiring to prevent me from taking another Muesum turn.

Sorry to hear that Imic. Hope you’re doing ok.

I guess that makes it Dikbutdagrate’s turn. Get ready for more weirdness…

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: October 29, 2023, 06:14:07 pm »

On the subject of that weirdness, I still had to do a write-up for my visit to Honeyhammer and the rest of my turn..

link to part 1

The Gremlin's Journey, Part 2

Crownhall was an amazing place. The surface above had been a cacophony of  of animal noises and violence. The fortress below was the opposite.

Enormous halls stretched endlessly into the distance. but there was no dwarf in sight. And it was not just a lack of dwarves, but a lack of items. not a single errant sock lingered on the polished floors. And yet the place was so large that it must once have housed hundreds, if not thousands of dwarves.

There was a grand throneroom, from which, Awi was certain, a dwarven king must have ruled over the mountain range. But this oppulent throne room and its treasures was not what Awi was drawn to. He descended deeper into the fortress untill he finally found it.

The lever room! Awi pulled the levers one by one. Mechanisms that had been stuck in position for centuries came into motion under heavy grinding noises. The fortress must have levels filled with secret channels and machinery, as cascading waterfalls erupted from the ceilings as Awi pulled the right levers. When he pulled others, mighty bridges and other machinery obeyed the commands of the small gremlin. It was the happiest day of his life.

----

But this was not to last forever. Eventually Awi grew tired and fell asleep. The next day he left Crownhall to travel to the end of the world, to Sodor-Ngug or Deephalls, following the voice that had send him on this journey.
From Deephalls he planned to descend deeper to places where the dwarves, goblins, and humans had never gone.  Yes it is commonly known by gremlins that Orid Xem, connects to other worlds if you only know where to dig. This is why hundreds of gremlins can seemingly appear out of, and dissapear into nowhere. 

The dwarves who claim to know so much about the deep earth have indeed often dug deep, but only to satisfy their lust for gold and adamantine, and they have therefore been caught by  ust† zuspzeb, the trap of greed, time and time again. They have unleashed demons and terror upon the world, but never found the true secrets that hide in the depths of the world. 
There are places that go deeper, and connect to other worlds. From Deephalls which lies at the edge of the world these places can be reached.

But first Awi had to get there, and that is were the problems began. He ran into a pack of terrible monsters. These beasts where twice the size of a gremlin and there were many: Dingoes! Other races might have laughed at these small canines, but for gremlins they were a mortal threat.
Awi made the mistake of trying to fight them, but they were simply too strong. The scratches by Awi's dagger did not deter them, and it was only a matter of time before one of the monsters managed to charge in with it's maw wide open.  It's teeth were stopped by Awi's armor, but then it violently shook the gremlin, and with a terrible sound, the gremlins spine snapped. Awi rolled down the hill with his remaining momentum, and it was only then that he did what he should have done from the start. He tried to blend into the shadows, to hide.
It worked. He managed to crawl away from the beasts. He was alive.

It was clear though that his spine would not heal. Still the small gremlin continued his travels, slowly crawling forward. A few days later he was found by a human who took pity on the small creature. Zar Evenchirped, as the wrestler was called, promised to help the gremlin reach the next village.

Now it is often said that gremlins can not fall for traps, but it was then, that Awi and Zar fell for ust† stoz "The trap of Honey"
They had passed too close by Honeyhammer, a place inhabited by a new demonic force that the gremlin had no knowledge of. Somehow the scent of honey and demonic whispers lured Awi and Zar into his nest, and what they saw there was deeply, deeply troubling.

There was a structure in the middle of the site, with walls that were somehow entirely constructed from the teeth of megabeasts. Great pillars made from forgotten beast extract guarded the entrance. Statues crafted from the entrails of dead dwarves served as decoration. The scent of honey was now thick in the air. As in a dream Awi entered the site and he quickly lost sight of his human companion. He was still crawling as his legs would not carry him. There was a slade structure to the east, Awi found a crack in the walls and entered, oblivious to the danger. Inside there were green glass cages, the glass was opaque and hard to look through. When Awi crawled close suddenly a figure slammed itself against the glass wall from the other side. It was a mad dwarf, drool and blood dripping from its face. There were others like him in other cages.

Awi continued, he dragged himself up the stairs, following some whispered promise, and the smell of honey.
The tower narrowed to a single staircase and kept ascending. Then suddenly it widened again, and Awi found himself in some sort of giant hive.

The walls were made of bees wax, and other substances vaguely familiar: frozen honey, royal jelly and dwarven cheese. There was a throne made of insect eyes and other bee tissues. He vaguely became aware of the sound of buzzing bees. Everything was somehow twisted in a strange nightmarish way. And then he saw it. A terrible monster, maybe it had once been human, but it had been disfigured in horrible ways. Her intestins were on the outside, and parts of other creatures had been grafted on. It slowly came for Awi.

He could hear nothing but the sound of bees buzzing in his skull, and the smell of honey permeated everything.
Awi panicked.

And that was the end of Awi.

(Dikbutdagrate, you may notice there is a gremlin corpse under the tower, also there is a human wandering about with no idea where he is and what he is there for, feel free to do with them as you please)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 06:24:40 pm by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 29, 2023, 06:23:28 pm »

It is terrifying.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 29, 2023, 06:29:13 pm »

A true monster, loved this
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 265