Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430600 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3525 on: August 16, 2023, 06:28:23 am »

Apparently the Age of Dark Gnomes started in 1022, just after the Third Age of Heroes.

I am not sure who or what is responsible for this but it appears to have changed from The Third Twilight Age between Turn 126 (Maloy) and 127 (Dikbut).

Here is the current save, archived with WinRAR and uploaded to DFFD (478Mb, not much headroom left).

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16813
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:36:19 am by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 16, 2023, 06:46:41 am »

WHAT???!!

Maloy did submit a dark gnome to the museum...( submission #68) what has Steve been up to?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:49:49 am by Bralbaard »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 16, 2023, 06:49:35 am »

I only incorporated 7 dark gnomes into civilization
During my turn I also saw 20 something warriors of udir born
Several elven and dwarven children born at razorbridge
And a lot of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So im completely shocked its the dark gnomes that took over the world lol

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 16, 2023, 06:54:17 am »

I have succumbed to the urge to repost the dark gnome art I did for Borberrorb, my warrior in the Gladiator tournament, may he rest in peace.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 09:10:03 am by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 16, 2023, 07:06:23 am »

Speaking of which, everyone should feel free to bet on my guy Logem Branchsyrup in the final! I've only gotten as far as the quarter finals in the past so this is a big deal for me :D

Your art is amazing Bralbaard.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 16, 2023, 07:13:30 am »

I have more luck betting than fighting in the tournament, still looking at the odds, but Logem has not let me down so far 🙂

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 16, 2023, 12:33:11 pm »

Related to the file size issues, I have noticed there is one particular file which is massive compared to the others.

Site-1717.dat is 802Mb. The next largest file is the WORLD.dat at 180Mb.

Site-1717 presumably refers to a player fort although I am not sure it is possible to figure out which one, and/or why it is such a large file?

Edit: OK, that's new:

Site 1717 is "Scorpiontower the Lost Vault of Books" Not sure why it would be that bloated.

The name of the age would suggest the majority of the worlds population are dark gnomes, which gave me some horrible flashbacks to the hand of planegift crisis, yet as far as I can see there is nothing actually wrong. Since the dark gnomes were hired to do bookkeeping I think they have been up to some clever administrative trick to inflate their numbers. We'll see if the age switches back to something more reasonable at the end of the year.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 12:39:18 pm by Bralbaard »

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 16, 2023, 12:40:29 pm »

What in the actual bloody hell is happening. Never thought it's possible for an age to be named after anything outside the primary races or megabeasts. I also thought back to the HoP incident' and I think the game should've recognized an 'Age of Planegifts' at some point; since it didn't happen back then' probably there was some DFhack dark magic involved this time.

How about we make gnomes playable' then? Guess it'd make for an interesting experience playing as one of those tiny useless critters' especially so if one of them ended up playing the oxang' probably larger than itself' to recruit Kol.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 16, 2023, 12:41:40 pm »

Ah OK. How do you know that / work that out?

Scorpiontower is absolutely massive, so that makes sense. Avo made a 16x16 embark over the entire map tile to try to find the lost slab!

According to LV, there are only 17 dark gnome historical figures alive. Another strange bug?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 16, 2023, 12:42:31 pm »

What in the actual bloody hell is happening. Never thought it's possible for an age to be named after anything outside the primary races or megabeasts. I also thought back to the HoP incident' and I think the game should've recognized an 'Age of Planegifts' at some point; since it didn't happen back then' probably there was some DFhack dark magic involved this time.

How about we make gnomes playable' then? Guess it'd make for an interesting experience playing as one of those tiny useless critters' especially so if one of them ended up playing the oxang' probably larger than itself' to recruit Kol.

Dark Gnomes and Mountain Gnomes, presumably due to their small stature, are incapable of opening doors in adventure mode. That would make a gnome adventurer very hard indeed.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 16, 2023, 12:54:47 pm »

I think the age was done through editing the save somehow, the first events recorded for the age go back to early 1022, and that conflicts with what earlier save games say.

Ah OK. How do you know that / work that out?

Scorpiontower is absolutely massive, so that makes sense. Avo made a 16x16 embark over the entire map tile to try to find the lost slab!

The site numbers are in the files you can export from legends mode, just as the population numbers

We had no age of planegifts because we still had megabeasts back then, and they are more important for age names. I also doubt the game would have recognized them for age change even if there were no beasts.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:46:00 pm by Bralbaard »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 16, 2023, 12:56:51 pm »

I have an idea on how to fix this.

Ill find mountain gnomes. Recruit them and drop them off in the same settlement and let the two groups sort each other out! Easy!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 16, 2023, 01:04:31 pm »

I have an idea on how to fix this.

Ill find mountain gnomes. Recruit them and drop them off in the same settlement and let the two groups sort each other out! Easy!

Time to bring out the gnomeblight, I say!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 16, 2023, 01:40:17 pm »

Strange scorpion tower has grown, i wonder what the scorpion is up to

Age of Dark Gnome, how ominous. What did I summon with that instrument.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 16, 2023, 04:27:57 pm »

Related to the file size issues, I have noticed there is one particular file which is massive compared to the others.

Site-1717.dat is 802Mb. The next largest file is the WORLD.dat at 180Mb.

Site-1717 presumably refers to a player fort although I am not sure it is possible to figure out which one, and/or why it is such a large file?

I'm no expert, but it's going to be one of three possible sites, two of which are player fortresses, the other a hillocks.
Scorpiontower the lost vault of books, Entrancegrape, or Lashedpraise (which is the hillocks.)

One of these is likely to be source of the file bloat. And more likely it'll be one of the player forts. My money is on Scorpiontower btw.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:30:32 pm by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 265