Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430796 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2790 on: January 20, 2023, 02:02:09 pm »

So came across this interesting event. Kasat Decentcherish the Angelic Consideration (The Armored Confederacy goddess of consolation)  had destroyed a masterwork iron low boot. Not sure who was playing at the time but anyone know what is up?

The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: January 20, 2023, 02:10:29 pm »

I've seen a few references in LV to gods destroying various things. I think it is a weird LV bug.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: January 20, 2023, 02:18:07 pm »

Ah, well i think its funny to think that the gods are just doing minor acts like that to mess with people. Imagine your almost 200 year old masterwork shoe getting destoryed by seemingly nothing.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: January 20, 2023, 02:22:06 pm »

I've mentioned this a few months ago, it seems when someone melts a masterwork item in fortress mode, or destroys one in any other way, or probably even muddies a masterwork engraving, some part of the code (I assume it's part of Dwarf Fortress proper rather than LV) assigns a creature that has been worshiped to its destruction: this includes dragons or rocs. My theory is that it's supposed to be the overseer blaming worshiped creatures so the overseer doesn't get lynched themselves.

It's a weird mechanic regardless. Maybe it's just some duct-tape improvisation to stop the game from crashing when a masterwork item is destroyed, who knows.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: January 21, 2023, 05:31:05 am »

I've also noticed that the graphics for the save seem to have gone a little wonky. (Goblins going from 'g' tiles to 'ù', wall tiles changing colours and symbols, etc.) Anyone know what's up with that and how to fix it?

How’s the turn going QD? Did you solve the raw corruption?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: January 21, 2023, 08:03:39 am »

How’s the turn going QD? Did you solve the raw corruption?
Finished off the adventure mode bit, now going to do some things in fort mode. Should have the save up by Monday 23rd at the latest. As for the graphics issue, I managed to solve it by replacing the turn 102 (current turn) raw folder with turn 97's raw folder - tried with those from turns 101-98 on a backup save and those didn't seem to solve it.

A quick note, though: while visiting Boltspumpkin late in my turn I found a bunch of items - including Museum exhibits - had scattered around/outside the site. I've done what I can to get them back in place (collected them, put them back on pedestals or in containers on pedestals), but I'm not sure why they scattered or if I got them all. Might be something to keep an eye out for in case it happens again.

EDIT: It also seems that any scattered containers' contents have been scattered as well - Skullcarried, Stargaze the Knowledge of Worlds, Heartstolen, and Aril's backpack with the 13 books in are all empty, though their books are almost certainly somewhere in the soup of scattered items.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 08:32:17 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: January 21, 2023, 09:08:36 am »

This happened on my last turn too! I spent a long time putting everything I could find back on pedestals and containers, so it’s not unique to your turn.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: January 21, 2023, 09:35:49 am »

Yeah i had the same, found several exhibits just lying out in the front of the musuem.

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: January 21, 2023, 09:40:14 am »

Okay, that was weird. Moment I left the area the exhibits were stored, they seemingly re-scattered. I definitely put Okirramtak, Ruination Within Reason, and the figure of THE WORM on constructed pedestals, but when I left Boltspumpkin to pick up the rest of the scattered artefacts they'd scattered again (though containers seemed unaffected this time; books were still in the chest I used to store them all.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: January 21, 2023, 09:53:34 am »

Is Galka's bag of rocks empty? Finding all those small rocks is going to be pretty hard.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: January 21, 2023, 10:26:35 am »

Hm. No one embarked over Boltspumkin or Reclaimed it in there turn?
I've lost control of my life.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: January 21, 2023, 10:34:15 am »

Hm. No one embarked over Boltspumkin or Reclaimed it in there turn?
Looking at it in LV, there's something labelled "Important Location" on the same map tile as the Museum, with almost the same position (X 274, Y 1970 for Boltspumpkin, X 273 Y 1970 for "Important Location".) And since all the items seem to consistently scatter about one screen north-west of Boltspumpkin, I'm guessing that's where the "Important Location" is.

EDIT: For a bit of context, here's an image I took when finding this out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is Galka's bag of rocks empty? Finding all those small rocks is going to be pretty hard.
Yeah, the Revered Rock-Sack is empty. I've had a long look around the place and I can't find where the rocks have gone, same as Heartstolen's contents (which is now empty, no demon hearts in it).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:45:17 am by Quantum Drop »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: January 21, 2023, 10:49:02 am »

There might be a flag one can flip in gui/gm-editor should one be able to navigate to the specific site. However I'm certain that it would be unlabeled.

'Important Locations' seem like they often come up around player-made camps. Maybe someone attempted that at the castle?
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: January 21, 2023, 12:06:36 pm »

Dfhack has the " lair" command to prevent item scatter, we used it a lot in the previous games. Not sure if it works from adventure mode.

I remember we had item scatter on the very first turn as well, but after that it was gone for a long time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:08:58 pm by Bralbaard »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: January 21, 2023, 02:05:21 pm »

Yeah they were in a similar spot on my turn as well. I just presumed it was normal.

I was hoping if I left all the items I dropped off there INSIDE the backpack then they'd be safe. I hope bral's parts are alright
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 265