Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 430446 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1485 on: January 09, 2022, 05:19:01 pm »

Actually in the case of Gor and Duskhome we were dealing with a situation were six or seven site files were completely missing from the save game structure. If someone visited those sites there simply would be no site, but all the characters would be there as they are stored elsewhere. This could be fixed by just copying the missing site files from an earlier save. The problem was that someone had visited Gor and Duskhome in the meantime, causing the game to create new files for those sites out of thin air (obviously with no fortress there). Those files could not be replaced, as it caused crashes. The other sites that had not been visited were repaired succesfully.
That's why I voiced some concern about Clearmasters being visited in the meantime. But there may be no cause or concern, it looks like it has not been visited, there was quite a bit of chatter about Clearmasters on the last few pages, but Nogoodnames never mentioned the site.

(disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about coding or programming, so the terminology and other stuff I'm describing will likely make no sense.  I'm just happy that sometimes semi-randomly copying files over will fix things.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:35:01 pm by Bralbaard »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 09, 2022, 11:47:17 pm »

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 10, 2022, 03:25:52 am »

The fix is downloadable here.

Copy the extracted file into the turn's save folder, overwriting the file that is there.
This way the lost progress on the Clearmasters site should be restored.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 03:43:54 am by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 10, 2022, 04:40:05 am »

Here is the save with the clearmasters fix: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15816
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 10, 2022, 11:18:37 am »

Thanks for all the effort put in! It looks like it works. There is just one strange thing:

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

I don't remember having wounded dwarves in the fort at that time. Maybe all the healing disappeared? Moldath is very free and very a mess again. Judging from the scars, the heal was completely ignored.

My theories on why it happened:
* I used autosave, that is to say I retired directly after an autosave. I have no idea how that could revert a site or not remember it, especially since it's the site that is retired, but it may be possible this was the problem.
* Maybe something in the "current" folder remained cached and crosswired with the good save? Again, I see no reason why this could happen, but there it is.

Another thing is the inconsistency in fortress members: the game remembers they existed, their deeds etc. but forgets they were healed. Also my artifacts don't appear in the L menu, only Moldath's. I'm returning to the theory that Moldath went Deadpool on my save. XD

The best news as far as I'm concerned:
* My named reptile woman is still there
* The diamond pedestal is still there
* There is now a clear glass wall that shows the pedestal, so visitors may admire the reason the site was founded right in the center of the map
Some more good news:
* The roads and walls are there
* My modification on the cave actually un-mudified them, so that's great.

I looked through Legends Viewer for new events, none that I can see. Apparently NGN didn't have time for a fortress, a shame.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:42:21 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 10, 2022, 11:41:58 am »

So, yeah. I loaded up Moldath in Clearmasters. There was an immediate cave in on the surface, and multiple animals died of old age. He still has all his scars and rot, and his artifact sword.

I took the liberty of moving Moldath to Stockadeoutrage and retired him there. If I am lucky that will mean he will now join The Staff of Kissing and so won't turn up at Walled Dye forts, kill all your dwarves and terrify your chief medical officer.

Modified save for QD's turn here:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15817
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 10, 2022, 11:50:43 am »

I let the game play with cave-ins and the cave-ins weren't on the surface.

Well, this is an interesting save, QD is probably blinking at all the links and wondering which one to use (hint: yours).

Another... interesting... thing...

It's not even named. It's not even named. Or immortal. What is even happening in this world anymore?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess? I let the game play, and the Ram went back to normal. But that was weird while it lasted.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:52:57 am by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 10, 2022, 11:53:23 am »

That will be for the best, as it will just be years of removing tissue from Moldath, cleaning him with soap only for the process to repeat forever. Used of the soap in my fort until i sealed him away. Its interesting that he would just keep sneaking into fortresses. I wonder what his motivations are or does a migrant wave come across this poor suffering dwarf who is barely alive and insistantly drag him into the nearest fortress for treatment.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 10, 2022, 11:57:22 am »

Barely alive *snorts* You forgot the part where he runs 3-4 times faster than the fastest dwarf and sucks dry of blood 3 dwarves in less than a month. Barely alive, he says...

The guy might not be the Blight incarnated, but if he's that thirsty, he might decimate a fort in the roman meaning, then decimate it in the modern one. XD And if he kills enough people others care about, he might just cause a fort-ending tantrum spiral. That's why I bloody imprisoned him, I was going to seal him off if he was in Newworld and I played for longer than his sentence lasted.

I took the liberty of moving Moldath to Stockadeoutrage and retired him there. If I am lucky that will mean he will now join The Staff of Kissing and so won't turn up at Walled Dye forts, kill all your dwarves and terrify your chief medical officer.
After what he did to my save, I'd be willing to bet you good internets that won't stick. Our Armok-"blessed" friend is thirsty. But, we'll see.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:03:10 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 10, 2022, 12:01:57 pm »

Well in apperance, he did have a habbit of standing still for months at a time. He even stayed in a temple for a few years for his "god". The only reason i found he was a vampire was the moment i disbanded the temple he went on a feeding spree.

I wonder if this will be his last fort infiltration or will he continue his sneaky behavior.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:06:12 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 10, 2022, 12:05:30 pm »

Well in apperance, he did have a habbit of standing still for months at a time. He even stayed in a temple for a few years for his "god". The only reason i found he was a vampire was the moment i disbanded the temple he went on a feeding spree.

That is odd. He doesn't have a God. He was created as an outsider. I suppose he pretends to worship Ala, a human deity. He's a sneaky wee bugger; he now has three assumed identities.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 10, 2022, 12:07:27 pm »

That is odd. He doesn't have a God. He was created as an outsider. I suppose he pretends to worship Ala, a human deity. He's a sneaky wee bugger; he now has three assumed identities.

Yeah, If i recall his allias had a god. So i guess to blend in he tried to pretend to worship his claimed god. (Checked no listed god, but he did spend an awful long time in the temple dedicated to Onget Earthbronze. Might have just been admiring the artifact i put on display.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:22:38 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 10, 2022, 01:35:48 pm »

QD can't play this week and requested to be bumped down three places. That means it is my turn now.

Modified save for QD's turn here:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15817

I'll take that, thank you!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 10, 2022, 01:54:15 pm »

Yeah, apologies about that. Good luck with your turn, Bralbaard!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 10, 2022, 03:11:02 pm »

Nice one Bralbaard. Look forward to your story!
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 265