Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67630 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #855 on: May 07, 2020, 06:35:16 am »

"Screw this wedding I'm gonna look for booze or something."
Get up from my chair and look for booze and stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 07, 2020, 07:55:29 am »

”Groom, Unknown? What was up with those podiums? Also, Alvarsia left for somewhere. Groom, do you happen to know of anyone who can mess with air? They might still be at the fort...when did we leave the fort?”
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:36:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 10, 2020, 05:07:42 am »

This Kazu was an interesting person to say the least. It seemed that his actual profession was illusionist. He was quite competent in his field; as evidenced by the fact that he was able to deceive even her truesight, and the condition of the rest of the group; and he actually looked pretty good if that was his true form. Had she met him under different circumstances and if he had just talked to her normally without using charm magic as his first resort, Mona may have actually considered him as a potential partner.

Mona considered her situation again. This Kazu person thought to mess with her ability to cast magic. She would resist the illusionary block with her Mental Fortitude ability in the hopes of being able to cast magic again by the next 'turn', For now though, not all of her tricks required spellcraft.

Mona drew two of her shadow knives and glanced at the location where Kazu wanted her to think that he was. She would then throw the two knives... But not at Kazu. Her targets were Advisor Hope and (Unknown); some of the more useful members of her party. The knives wouldn't cut far into Hope's armor or Unknown's stone body, but the psychic trauma from the knives would almost surely snap them out of their stupor...

And IF the magic in question required Kazu to continually channel the illusion spell to project his will, he could be struck by psionic backlash through the connection with the victims no matter how well he hid himself with his illusions!

"What!? The marriage is a sham!? N-No!..." Aethyrion witnesses the pieces of the dream world slowly crumbling before him. "But they looked like a good couple!... ARGH how dare they exploit the sanctity of marriage to facilitate their deception!"

Aethyrion rushes onto the stage and grabs the groom by the collar. "YOU! Are you the one conducting this masquerade!?"

while Joey uses endless bone growth to grow his arm back, Joey jumps up to the front of the party and uses Hellfire Cannon on Kazu as the target

(sorry supernerd you might die)

The scene where both simultaneously happened at the same time. This time the following scene takes place:

Mona use her psychic knife to wake hope and unknown from kazu's illusion. Due to the amount of weight that kazu put in mona's head right now. She threw the dagger to wake both of them up in her attempt. But the headache induced illusion grew stronger and put her in an immobile state. Hope and unknown felt a sudden jolt in their muscle and into their brain. They woke up but not entirely aware of what is going on. They are shaking their head in confusion. They are still in shock after the trauma so they are unlikely to move for the time being. As aethyrion then sprint towards the direction of mona barrows. He then violently grabbed kazu's collar. It seems that the rest of the group starting to wake up. Kazu and soldier let them do so while still keeping an eye of joey's dath beam that he kept charging between his mouth.

Kazu don't mind it though he told the soldier that he's amused by this. The fact that one of tuhan believer that is able to resist his ability. Aethyrion grabbed him by the collar and said all those things. He then said this to aethyrion.

"Hmmph, impressive, i didn't think one of solaph's soldier is capable of resisting my spell. But as you see its too late, mona and i will marry and it is final."

Kazu and the soldier was taking their time of dialoguing when they then realized a sudden energy that gathered into one spot had suddenly grew stronger. Joey was charging up his attack. Joey decided that it's the best time to fire the laser towards kazu, mona, aethyrion, and soldier's direction. Unfortunately mona was still struck from the damage kazu had inflicted to her mind with his illusion attack and aethyrion wasn't able to fully become aware due to his lack of sleeping training, he's still sleep walking to grab kazu but his senses is reduced. Aethryion wasnt aware that joey is charging his attack. Kazu and the soldier however aware of this and are prepared for what's about to happen next.

Hope and unknown was almost awake at this point as he sees a cloaked skeleton charging his hellish hellfire cannon. Joey finally fired his attack. The ground erupted with earthquake as the cannon projectile with immense amount of speed. The two was aware of this and due to the fact that joey had to charge up his attack made them aware of which direction joey had aimed. The soldier leapt to the side completely avoiding it. Kazu's situation was a bit special as he panicked during the cannon firing and pushed aethyrion who is grabbing his collar to the side. Kazu then teleports away to the corner of the room. Aethyrion and mona has to worst fate as they were the one who weren't able to avoid the death laser fired from joey bones. Their entire body was decimated until all there is left was their foot.

Mona and Aethryion is dead.

Hope and unknown witnessed what happened to the two of them in shock. After regaining their composure, the soldier and kazu both stood up after dodging the laser while the chimera that was caught in the laser attack died. The soldier transformed to his chimera form without any pause and jump towards joey and hammer his head into the ground until it created a shock wave big enough that it create a crater. Joey's body was decimated but every party member who are still asleep woke up from the illusion. hope and unknown was still shook with what happened.

Joey bones is dead but his bones is scattered around the room. You can put it back together to revive him at the end of the combat

Kazu was planning to use his chimeras for an experiment but then he started to have a breakdown after seeing mona splattered into nothing but blood puddle. He then screamed at the soldier.

"Faith... THIS ISNT PART OF THE DEAL! IM NOT DOING THIS. IM NOT HERE TO KILL THEM!"

"Pathetic, you're forfeiting after all of this?"

"MY JOB WASN'T TO KILL BUT TO GATHER DATA.... She.. i loved her.. and she's dead now... Its just like you said.. the solaph kingdom, the people... they are corrupted enough to kill their own comrades just to kill us... this is madness.."

"I know, and its our job to exterminate them from this world."

"Not like this... I can't deal with this.. i'm sorry but i'll head back to base right now." Kazu cried as he opens up a portal and left faith with the chimeras against hope's party. He looked back at mona's corpse and then he said. "I'm sorry.." and proceed to jump into the portal and left the fort entirely.

Log:

Hope, Unknown, Durg, Shara, Jonas takes [-1HP from shockwave] = [9/10HP] Woke up from sleep

Current Map:

Objective: Kill chimeras

Proceed to round 3
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:15:57 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 10, 2020, 05:30:41 am »

Jonas woke up fully under the assumption that he has recently had a proper blackout. If the best weddings are the ones you can't remember, than that must have been a great wedding.

His assumptions are not immediately dashed by waking up win a room filled with Chimeras and the sound of fighting. If anything, that would only improve the quality of the celebration.

The conversation between the "Groom" and what Jonas had assumed was the best man is something different. She's dead?

Confused and groggy from his rude awakening, Jonas turns his eyes towards what little remains of his comrades.

He falls to his knees in shock on recognizing a pair of luminescent feet. He remains in place a moment as his mind processes the scene before him. He opens his pocket and fumbles around inside in a half-lucid state, pulling out a single coin. A coin that someone gifted him only days ago. He clutches it tightly in his left hand.

His state of shock soon gives way to a state of beserk rage - both the ability and the normal kind. Jonas rips open his shirt while shouting "AAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEETYYRION" - activating DIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as he does so.

This rage is directed at his most visible enemy. The Chimera-man standing in the crater in front of him. He rushes into melee with the coin in one hand and his handcannon in the other. He releases a brutal flurry of blows - his left hand unleashing punches that activate Complete Erasure to remove his opponents guard while his right takes advantage of that opening to jam his weapon into the Chimera man's chest and fill his vitals with bullets. All the while the part-troll lets out a bellowing roar that would make his ancestors proud. A warcry loud enough to reach the heavens - a last goodbye.

((I hope I didn't try to fit too many actions in, but player death must be dramatic! Its the law!))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:46:53 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2020, 07:44:19 am »

((Shara has a max of 12 hp, so she’d be at 11/12))

Shara runs out of the room and finds the statues. Upon seeing them, she becomes still, watching them
While remaining still, her mind begins to wander
The talking Lockjaw was an illusion. I was hoping to learn something. Something killed 3 of us, and left a crater reminiscent of the Matis. I hope there’s another worshipper of tuhsn in the group, to talk to the statues. I hope other group members run. I know I’m not strong enough to fight, I’m not sure if they are either. Maybe they can. I’ll wait to find out if others make it out, then try to get past them. They’re probably going to be mad that the one they helped was killed. Just stay still for now, stay still
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:05:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 10, 2020, 08:03:11 am »

"What the fuck just happened...  Holy shit did people die while I was out, and what the fuck is up with that lion guy?"
Shoot the lion guy in the face with my AK-47 as many times as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 10, 2020, 08:29:29 am »

deleted, also, action chsnged
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:41:09 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:10 pm »

:|

Set up the lightning turret and the ballistic turret (the former to chain lightning the lion dude and his chimeras, the latter to focus lion man), and grab the benches for impromptu barricades.
And a healing station? Did I get the stuff for that? I forget. If I did, and I can place that down too, do it. We need everything here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 15, 2020, 02:40:59 am »

Jonas recklessly charge towards faith in hopes to avenge his comrades who are dead. In rage, he combined his fist with his ability to challenge faith in a boxing fight. Unfortunately for jonas, faith's soldier hand to hand combat ability is far above his expertise. Faith's martial arts help him able to parry jonas's attack each one of them. In rage, jonas's direction and where he aim his fist was that much obvious. When everyone was setting up their attack. Faith noticed them. Faith then took one good blow from jonas's though the wound wasn't very fatal. He was taking a hit on purpose. He grabbed jonas and position himself so the barrage of bullets that are coming on his way hit jonas instead. He sees that the turret that unknown had set up fired and, Durg without hesitation, open fire where faith and jonas location is. The bullets hits jonas instead of faith. Faith get hit with bullets though most of them hits jonas.

Jonas is dead
Faith takes -5HP = 25/30HP

Faith commanded the chimeras to transform into other creatures. It was able to mimic the physical of matis. It likely able to explode upon death as well though because faith is commanding the chimeras, it's likely a scenario where the matis won't explode isnt going to happen unless someone kill faith. The chimeras in the form of mati then barricade themselves and ready to explode themselves in the face of Durg and unknown. Hope was still shocked, and with shara leaving the room, hope then had an idea. She leapt forward towards faith and fight him before he could command the chimeras to detonate in the face of durg and unknown. She's trying to buy time for durg and unknown the escape from this battle.

The aftermath come to a close and the protector not only failed protect this land but failed to protect each other in their battle. With hope's death, the kingdom of solaph is at a lost and suffered an astounding defeat in the hands of the dark lord. What become of them after this event. Still a mystery.

The End.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:43:52 am by Mahoroty »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 15, 2020, 02:42:44 am »

This does nothing to convince me that it wasn't the right choice to bail~

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 15, 2020, 02:51:05 am »

The real boss fight was joey bones. DUN DUN DUN

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 15, 2020, 02:56:12 am »

You're going to die too tho

everyone is gonna die

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 15, 2020, 04:12:37 am »

Looks like we go the bad ending.

I wonder how we would have fared if our skeletal "teammate" didn't kill two of our people then die.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 15, 2020, 04:50:30 am »

Looks like we go the bad ending.

I wonder how we would have fared if our skeletal "teammate" didn't kill two of our people then die.

You killed one of us too...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 15, 2020, 05:02:13 am »

I didn't mean to do it, it was an accident, and he did it on purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59