Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67433 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2020, 07:08:29 pm »

"Come to think of it, I haven't heard all that much about this Dark Lord person, aside from a very public announcement to the world about their existence. Do you have any additional intel on this person?"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2020, 08:00:27 pm »

"Come to think of it, I haven't heard all that much about this Dark Lord person, aside from a very public announcement to the world about their existence. Do you have any additional intel on this person?"

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Hope

"We don't know which of his agent that was sent to attack the fort but considering that they use a pack of chimera to attack them. It's
  safe to suggest that we're dealing with an alchemist who can transmute creature with each other and use them to do his bidding. "
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

"Hope, would you think my crafts would sell well on the market?"

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Hope

"What crafts?"
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2020, 08:04:59 pm »

"Let me show you!"
he said this with glee as bones started to grow off his hands and he begins snapping them off to create a beautiful bone bracelet using the ability bone craft and his old file
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2020, 08:23:11 pm »

Ready to proceed to town phase
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2020, 08:25:29 pm »

The unnamed engineer looks around, and then shrugs at Hope.
"I won't claim to know what's going on, I'm honestly just here to do the jobs you give us."

I too am ready to proceed to town and see what I can get and/or go do the mission.
(Does one preclude the other? Prioritize going on the mission if yes.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:51:40 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2020, 08:37:26 pm »

"One more question before we go...is there any way to like keep the Mati from exploding? I was fine last time, but everyone else was blown to Reich komme."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2020, 09:50:13 pm »

once Joey bones finishes making the Bone bracelet he gives it to Hope

"keep it, it will look great on you, and yes i'm ready to leave for this mission"
Joey Bones gets ready to leave for the mission
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2020, 09:56:29 pm »

"The enemy we will initially be fighting would seem to be these 'Mati'. How should I prepare to fight this enemy?"

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 14, 2020, 10:46:35 pm »

"Let me show you!"
he said this with glee as bones started to grow off his hands and he begins snapping them off to create a beautiful bone bracelet using the ability bone craft and his old file

once Joey bones finishes making the Bone bracelet he gives it to Hope

"keep it, it will look great on you, and yes i'm ready to leave for this mission"
Joey Bones gets ready to leave for the mission

Hope

"Hm.. Well i'm not sure how it would be useful on the battlefield later but. Keep practicing your ability.. I think..?"

"One more question before we go...is there any way to like keep the Mati from exploding? I was fine last time, but everyone else was blown to Reich komme."

"The enemy we will initially be fighting would seem to be these 'Mati'. How should I prepare to fight this enemy?"

Hope

"There are two methods in dealing with them, one of them is to buy time without releasing the slightest hint of bloodlust to not draw
  attention to them. After we defend against their attack, there's a chance for them to go away without harming everyone else further.
  The other is to kill them in an old fashioned way though if they come in many it will be dangerous because their explosion when they die
  if combined will create radiation field if they die simultaneously in the same location.

If there's nothing else you'd like to add then you may leave the scene, our next task will require you to perform in multiple battle so it's
  best for you to gear up before we set off tomorrow and commence the mission. If there's anymore question just head back here to the
  palace to clarify more of what you'd like to know. That is all. Meeting Dismissed!"

Quest Summary:

Quest Objective: Faith's squad has been holding his own against dark lord's army and after their defeat. Their location is unknown(not the character) however it is suggested that they are still located near around the northern fort. Battle through multiple foes as you progress through several locations. The quest will be segmented into 4/4 Stage and each stage spawns different kinds of enemies and environments.

Optional: Hope has lost trust in the protectors during the princess incident and this can bring her trust back. If you follow her orders and do as she said, you will gain her trust points. Hope Trust point is now [1/5] and every optional mission accomplish will increase it by +1. This will also earn mite's trust back and unlock his shop

Rewards: Resource development room, Meeting the hero.
Optional Rewards: Expedition team research, Mite's high tech base.

there should be:

- Matis around the front gate. I'm not sure what are the variants.
  - A number of weird statue at the hall.
  - A handful of chimera inside the fort.
  - One of dark lord's agent."

*Dark lord's agent is supposed to be an alchemist
*Matis can be handled by avoiding them
*Chimeras are mixed from different animals

[You can upgrade/buy/gain 3 new abilities/item/equipment or gain +2HP up to +6HP by training at Training grounds This time you dont need coupon and can get the these stuff because you will be off the next day]

[City of Solaph]

Shop Introduction:

Palace:
Talk to the king and his advisor Hope

Steelwick Armory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tuhan's Sanctum

Hall of Literature:

Zic's Odds

Plaza:
Talk to townspeople, see what's going on.

Training grounds:
Train your muscle here, you can increase your Max HP by +2HP or upgrade your skill in this place

Still alive inn:
If you're done exploring the town, simply go to this place to sleep to get +well rested bonus on your next mission.

Cemetery:
Mourn the dead one

Gate:
literally just the front gate

Hospital:
A place where you get healed

News HQ:
A news company.

>>>>>Player Char List

Current News:

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 14, 2020, 10:48:45 pm »

Joey bones trains at the training grounds

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 14, 2020, 10:55:25 pm »

Go to the library and scan all available information on monsters. Create a lookup agent to quickly find the stored information.
Thus gaining a new ability: Knowledge is Power (Whenever new creatures are encountered, complete and accurate information on the creature is immediately supplied.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 14, 2020, 10:56:09 pm »

"Wait but my powers rely on blood-ah, I'll figure that out later. Maybe erasing them from existence will stop them from exploding or something. I'm going to go pick out some nice things."

Head over to Wick's shop!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 14, 2020, 11:18:09 pm »

Do maintenance on the robot to help with their rust, and [assuming that one wasn't an action] first go to the library and read Solaph's and it's advance towards technology Vol.1, and then using my own knowledge of turrets, the assistance from Xiyan Infinite Creation, and the new knowledge from the book (if there is any), construct an attracter "turret" [basically a dummy that draws aggro] and a healing turret using the resources available to me (probably at Steelwick's).

(If one has to get dropped, drop the attracter.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:19:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 14, 2020, 11:29:13 pm »

First, Mona uses her Inhaler.

Next, she would head back on over to the Archive and add some more information to her book in progress, "This world is going to fucking hell - An outsiders opinion of the demonology of Solaph". She would add a new page right to the front of the book with a drawing of a plague walker with the caption "IF YOU SEE THIS, DO NOT ATTACK IT IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT ARE WITHIN 30 FEET OF IT. For more information, see page X". A later page in the book would describe her own encounter with the creatures, she also included an abridged version of her recent encounter; leaving out literally everything related to the princess. Many synonyms for "dumb" were included in this cautionary tale.

Mona would continue to write. The next chapter would be about the most important skill that any Demonologist must have. The Analysis skill! Perhaps some day, future generations of protectors may be able to acquire this skill by reading these notes. Mona wrote that a person who cannot keep an open mind is little more than an oaf no matter how great their combat prowess might be. She would include a fictional story as well.

The story is about a man who sets off to slay a dragon. Rumored to have came straight from hell, breathing fire and a number of other nasty things. The man would enter the dragon's lair, raised his sword and struck the dragon down. After that, he would discover that a dragonling clinging to the dragon that he slew; who had in fact only been fighting to protect its young. The story then goes on to describe the man's son going off to war against the followers of another religion. The son explains the rumors about them, which are written in much the same way that the rumors of the dragon were. The story cuts off at this point; leaving the ending open to the reader's interpretation...

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2020, 02:04:34 am »

At Training grounds

Joey bones trains at the training grounds

Joe

"Hello sir, you're the new guy miss hope hire? Can you grow muscle from training your bones?"

At Hall of literature

Go to the library and scan all available information on monsters. Create a lookup agent to quickly find the stored information.
Thus gaining a new ability: Knowledge is Power (Whenever new creatures are encountered, complete and accurate information on the creature is immediately supplied.)

82-B Searches for books regarding monsters and their information however the book was in possession of mona so it wasn't able to obtain the information from the book that isn't in the shelves. 82-B tried to learn an ability that enable it to analyze it's foe. 82-B reads Plot Armor Vol.1. It reads:

Do you feel yourself that you are the main protagonist and thus you shouldn't die or be damaged from low level monster or even any
  monster for that matter and everyone should bow and do all your bidding because you are an egotistical maniac who only cares about
  yourself and the importance of what you can do and flex those very pride and ability to everyone to know how godly your abilities are.
  thus you are the only thing that matters in this world and nothing can stop you. And make every love interest irrationally fell in love with
  you no matter how insufferable you are? And everyone thinks you're perfect no matter how much mistake you make and do to people.
  Even when you commit several war crimes, or any crime for that matter? Then this book will teach you the necessary ability to obtain
  the plot armor of your story so you didn't die so easily. The abilities you can learn here are:

- means active + means passive

+Omniscient: Your character already knows everything even with something your character oblivious to even breaking character
                    for that matter and be omniscient on something that seemingly out of your knowledge. (analyze everything in the room)
 +God 1: As a main character of course you can't die so you need this ability so every damage counts as 0. Even getting shot point
            blank to the head won't kill you. (Prevent lethal damage that would kill you for the day leaving you +1HP from dying)
 +NPC: Everyone thinks you're the only important character in the game that their script and dialogue become so linear.
          (+1 Free item for the day)
  +Ex-Machina: Everything will be in your favor in times of crisis. (When you have 1HP left, enemies will miraculously die, once per day)

From the back of the book contains a note that is written in japanese. Though there is one english text that was below that japanese text. It reads (IF USE THIS THE WORLD WILL CHANGE). 82-B then learn one of the ability in the book. The text begun to glow followed by earthquake. The world is cracking but the only one who felt it was 82-B. As the world crumbling into destruction it then revert back to it's original form as if nothing happened and it was 82-B's imagination.

[82-B Learned Omniscient]

First, Mona uses her Inhaler.

Next, she would head back on over to the Archive and add some more information to her book in progress, "This world is going to fucking hell - An outsiders opinion of the demonology of Solaph". She would add a new page right to the front of the book with a drawing of a plague walker with the caption "IF YOU SEE THIS, DO NOT ATTACK IT IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT ARE WITHIN 30 FEET OF IT. For more information, see page X". A later page in the book would describe her own encounter with the creatures, she also included an abridged version of her recent encounter; leaving out literally everything related to the princess. Many synonyms for "dumb" were included in this cautionary tale.

Mona would continue to write. The next chapter would be about the most important skill that any Demonologist must have. The Analysis skill! Perhaps some day, future generations of protectors may be able to acquire this skill by reading these notes. Mona wrote that a person who cannot keep an open mind is little more than an oaf no matter how great their combat prowess might be. She would include a fictional story as well.

The story is about a man who sets off to slay a dragon. Rumored to have came straight from hell, breathing fire and a number of other nasty things. The man would enter the dragon's lair, raised his sword and struck the dragon down. After that, he would discover that a dragonling clinging to the dragon that he slew; who had in fact only been fighting to protect its young. The story then goes on to describe the man's son going off to war against the followers of another religion. The son explains the rumors about them, which are written in much the same way that the rumors of the dragon were. The story cuts off at this point; leaving the ending open to the reader's interpretation...

From behind the shelves, Yneth was taking a peek at mona's work. He asked what she was doing.

Yneth

"Golly gosh miss mona, i didn't know you're an author yourself! Do you plan to sell your books once it's done!"

first go to the library and read Solaph's and it's advance towards technology Vol.1

Unknown visits hall of literature for the first time. They spend their time reading said books to search for turret technology. It reads:

Mechanical defense that capable of executing linear command. It's capable of redoing monotonous task that would benefit the engineer
  in their means of defensive skills. With the right material it could create a varying kinds of tools that can be used in multiple situations.
  If you don't have the necessary material you can cheat your way by using other means of imbuing your mechanical device so it suits
  your needs

Healing turret: Able to create healing defense system that regenerates everyone +HP per turn
  Obtainable from: Green smashed powder (obtainable from yasmar's cooking ingredient from zic's odd)/Warm light spell

Spiked turret: Able to create spiked defensive turret that prevents melee attacker from approaching and damage them if they attack
  Obtainable from: Spiked shield

Ballistic turret: Turret that fires rounds
  Obtainable from: Regular bullets

Magnetic turret: Able to pull enemy into the turret
  Obtainable from:  Ancient shield

Repel turret: Able to repel long range attack from turret
  Obtainable from: Rudinal shield(obtainable from steelwick's armory)/Negative pull spell

At steelwick armory

Construct an attracter "turret" [basically a dummy that draws aggro] and a healing turret using the resources available to me (probably at Steelwick's).

Wick

"Hm.. I'm not sure i have the material to help you build your turret. The... attracter turret... seems out of my knowledge. I'm not sure how
  to make one of them. But the heal turret seems possible but you don't seem to have the material for it. Did you read what material you
  need to make it?"

[You need 1 points to create another turret variants and 1 other points to get green powder on zic's odd to create heal turret. Proceed?]

"Wait but my powers rely on blood-ah, I'll figure that out later. Maybe erasing them from existence will stop them from exploding or something. I'm going to go pick out some nice things."

Head over to Wick's shop!

Wick

"Hello Sir protector, how may i be of your service?"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59