Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67850 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2020, 11:14:23 am »

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Nun

"Excuse me Mister aethyrion sir, but before we go through with this, i would like to ask, which branch of tuhan would you like to follow
   before we proceed?"                                                                                                                                                      →                                                                                                                                         
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

"Uh hmm... let's go with Rhama."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2020, 11:21:47 am »

“I’ll take that ‘junk’ off of your hands then. I should be able to keep it in my Pocket until I find a book telling me where the on switch is. Thanks for your kind donation to the city’s defense.”

Pocket the mech armor, wave goodby to the shopkeeper, then go off to find this thing’s user manual
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »

While the book was interesting, Moan figured that the 28 day variant is probably something that she would have been informed about by now if there was actually one at the tower. As the book appeared to be lacking any skills to learn, Mona figured that it would be better to check this one out and read it while waiting for the next turn when she accomplished what she needed to do during the standby phase.

Mona would then take a closer look at the books "Beyond the veils Vol.1, Zic's Notes Vol.1 and I AM DEAD AHH AHH Vol.1"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2020, 02:42:30 pm »

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Cynthia

"Oh..? So you're the one guarding the city then... You don't need to pay to stay... You can drink water for free but alcohols, you need
   to pay for those."                                                                                                                                                          →
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Bori drinks some water.

"How strange. Is taste like beer, but without the alcohol."

+Next
:-(

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2020, 09:33:21 pm »

At Hall of Literature

“I’ll take that ‘junk’ off of your hands then. I should be able to keep it in my Pocket until I find a book telling me where the on switch is. Thanks for your kind donation to the city’s defense.”

Pocket the mech armor, wave goodby to the shopkeeper, then go off to find this thing’s user manual

Yneth

"Oh hello there! You're one of those protectors arentcha! Well if you're looking for manual just head over to the guide book section there!"                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                     →

It is unknown why the book covers all use a picture of egg. The Guide book section contains:

• How to become rich in 10 easy steps Vol.1
 • Solaph's and it's advance towards technology Vol.1
 • How to play the game, the ultimate basic guide tutorial Vol.1
 • How to become famous by becoming C-Celeb Vol.1
 • No No No, thats not how you're using magic dumbo Vol.1
 • How to get club noble membership Vol.1
 • How to kill your enemies for beginners Vol.1

Jonas tried to read the book about Solaphs and it's advance towards technology but it doesnt contain the manual he looked for. Instead he reads the other book called how to kill your enemies for beginners Vol.1. He skipped through all the pages until he found the manual to the mech suit. It reads:

Ancient Mech Suit.

There are variants of these types of armor, there are Assault mode, Turtle mode, Heal mode etc. You can find the type of this armor
  by inspecting the collar of it's suit
. These variants have varying use, to soaking damage and burst damage. You can push the button on
  the torso and it would shrink into a portable size. You can carry it by your hand. It's formed like a flat coin around the size of an adult
  human palm. After equipping the suit, it gives you:

When equipped, the suit has [10/10]HP
  Assault mode ability
  - Reckless Dive, Quickly dashes in a forward motion from a jetpack behind you
  - Photon energy blade, A blade placed on it's right arm, able to cut through diamonds perfectly
  - Laser burst riffle, fire a laser projectile from your left arm
(The suit can't tank damage well but it's really fast in mobility, can perform more action than normal)

Turtle mode ability
  - Full shell barrier, cover yourself in a holographic impenetrable defense, protecting you from any attack
  - Spherical discharge, emit a varying element and damage nearby enemy during time
  - Deploy-able wall, Create a holographic wall, preventing enemy from charging through
(The suit move really slow, you'll likely have a turn after everyone made theirs, this suit don't break so easily however)

Heal mode ability

- Rejuvenation tower, Erect a tower from the suit's back, emitting a light that heal wounds
  - Pocket medic, Able to put a person in the suit's pocket, preventing them from harm's way
  - Regen beam, fire a directional beam, by channeling them, it regenerates your teammate HP overtime
(The suit lack the capability to damage other but it repair itself automatically)

There are upgrades you can apply to this mech suit but this book dont talk about them. Go to Plot armor if you want to upgrade it. When
  using these suits, you won't be able to use your regular abilities. You can deactivate these suits just by pressing the button on it's torso 
  and it instantly transform.

Mona would then take a closer look at the books "Beyond the veils Vol.1, Zic's Notes Vol.1 and I AM DEAD AHH AHH Vol.1"[/b]

Moan flip all the first pages of those book. They read:

Beyond the veils Vol.1

- Index
 - Escaping Solaph
 - Lyoneyalus Dallus
 - Patarus
 - Gates of Ixem
 - Closing statement

Greetings adventurer, my name is Dyanma Elise, If you're reading this book, then you must be one of the curious one. Wanting to explore
  what lies beyond this deserted and corrupted land. Before we begin with what lies out there, we must first dissect the route that we can
  use in order to escape from this hell hole. First off, the forest is invested with lockjaws. They appear to be roaming around preventing
  everyone from traveling freely without a proper soldier guarding them from danger. These creature must've come from somewhere however
  it is still unclear. The world government tried to deal with them but we still can't figure out how to completely remove them from the map
  whatsoever. Many have theorized their existence might originate from outer dimension but it is still just theory. There are conspiracies
  that the world had put those horrid creatures roaming around the globe as a weapon for people to keep them contained in their home,
  from exploring the world. It won't stop me. This is the beginning to my journey as i find myself a new world away from this piece of shit
  land

Zic's Notes Vol.1

- Index
 - Knowledge beyond
 - Test subject No.1
 - Test subject No.2
 - Test subject No.3
 - Test subject No.4

What is creation, why does tuhan want us to make something, build, produce... what does it all mean? I'm creating something more than   
  what we could hope to understand. Those worms... Those apes... all of them just want to eat, shit, and fuck... worthless creatures they
  are... I always want to uncover what we as people can achieve... but no, people desires and their laziness always get the better of
  them... They are nothing more than a test subject to me... They call me crazy, because i want to create something greater, to enhance
  more than we're able to do. Evolution is the way to go past beyond our limits. And with that i use my ultimate knowledge to create the
  perfect being. The perfect creation. The ultimate creature.... Soon the world will know.. just how much they are behind. They'll appreciate
  my creation. Closer and personal... They'll get what's coming to them.

I AM DEAD AHH AHH Vol.1

- Index
 - I am actually dead
 - No like seriously dead dead
 - Before i die
 - Now that i am dead
 - To those who wished me dead

Hello, if you're reading this that means you can read what i write which is weird because i'm already dead.... This feels really weird... at
  first ok, a piece of debris pierced through my head and i'm like ah i'm asleep, this is it for me. But then i woke up again... the debris is still
  on my head, i thought i was a spirit already which is weirder cause why would someone who have something stuck on their head would be
  able to write this down, moreover think with their crushed head... this is really weird. Maybe i'm immortal who knows? Basically this dark
  lord guy or whatever launch an attack and my house just so happen to get crushed by one of his assault, i don't exactly remember how
  he destroyed my house really... all i remember is that something something crushed the roof and now this wood plank is in my head. Well
  to be honest by believing canza in tuhan's way, i should go to heaven but i didnt exactly died in the battlefield... or something like that,
  maybe this is tuhan's decision to say, 'Hey, you didnt die on the battlefield jackass. here's a second life.. now go fight or whatever..."
  but instead of fighting i'm pursuing the career of an expert journalism instead. Can't believe how popular your work become when you're
  dead.

At Tuhan's Sanctum

"Uh hmm... let's go with Rhama."

The nun takes out the green colored berry and dumped it unto the fountain. It changes color. After a while the pool around surges upward around aethyrion and cleanse every bit of his body. And then it stops.

Nun

"All done! Welcome as a worshiper of tuhan Mr aethyrion sir!"                                                                                                 →                                                                                                                                         

At Still Alive Inn

"So when's this dinner at, because almost dying makes me hungry."

Cynthia visits durgs table as he kept on nagging about not getting food for dinner. She gives him a premium sized lobster and a water.

Cynthia

"If you're asking why we have this type of food, it's not because we're rich. It's just because these foods are randomly generated. Now
   eat and *sigh* please keep quiet."                                                                                                                                    →

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2020, 10:30:09 pm »

Mona considered some of the implications of these books. She was already aware that the Lockjaws were a kind of undead raised from those who have died of starvation. This suggested that the Beyond the veils book predated this discovery. The claim about the purpose of the Lockjaws however, was quite interesting. One way or another, a lot of people must have starved to death in order for these Lockjaws to be created and finding the root cause would be extremely useful; especially since the writer claims to have "Escaped" Solaph.

As for the I AM DEAD AHH AHH book, while it seemed at least moderately interesting, Mona had her doubts that whatever pseudo immortality this person stumbled on probably wouldn't be quite as useful to her. Especially since much of the book seemed to be assertions that he is indeed dead. Mona would place this book pretty low on her list of things to read.

At first glance Zic's notes were extremely interesting, and his motivations implied that he might actually be a fellow demonologist. While Mona was dubious that it would ever be possible to achieve perfection, this research might have produced some amazing byproducts! Mona would look through Zic's notes to see if any of his research might have any practical uses to her.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2020, 10:53:22 pm »

Yneth

"Oh hello there! You're one of those protectors arentcha! Well if you're looking for manual just head over to the guide book section there!"                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                     →

"Thank ye good frau. You are quite skilled in the librarian arts to be able to tell what book someone is looking for just by the look on their face."

Ancient Mech Suit.

There are variants of these types of armor, there are Assault mode, Turtle mode, Heal mode etc. You can find the type of this armor
  by inspecting the collar of it's suit. These variants have varying use, to soaking damage and burst damage. You can push the button on
  the torso and it would shrink into a portable size. You can carry it by your hand. It's formed like a flat coin around the size of an adult
  human palm. After equipping the suit, it gives you:

When equipped, the suit has [10/10]HP
  Assault mode ability
  - Reckless Dive, Quickly dashes in a forward motion from a jetpack behind you
  - Photon energy blade, A blade placed on it's right arm, able to cut through diamonds perfectly
  - Laser burst riffle, fire a laser projectile from your left arm
(The suit can't tank damage well but it's really fast in mobility, can perform more action than normal)

Turtle mode ability
  - Full shell barrier, cover yourself in a holographic impenetrable defense, protecting you from any attack
  - Spherical discharge, emit a varying element and damage nearby enemy during time
  - Deploy-able wall, Create a holographic wall, preventing enemy from charging through
(The suit move really slow, you'll likely have a turn after everyone made theirs, this suit don't break so easily however)

Heal mode ability
  - Rejuvenation tower, Erect a tower from the suit's back, emitting a light that heal wounds
  - Pocket medic, Able to put a person in the suit's pocket, preventing them from harm's way
  - Regen beam, fire a directional beam, by channeling them, it regenerates your teammate HP overtime
(The suit lack the capability to damage other but it repair itself automatically)

There are upgrades you can apply to this mech suit but this book dont talk about them. Go to Plot armor if you want to upgrade it. When
  using these suits, you won't be able to use your regular abilities. You can deactivate these suits just by pressing the button on it's torso
  and it instantly transform.

Well that button thing would certainly be useful for anyone who can't just pocket anything. What a terrible existence that must be, carrying objects around by hand every place you go! It would be like living as a packesel. I don't know how everyone else handles that.

In all three cases my instincts where correct. Mega geil. Lets see what we rolled in the gatcha!

Jonas takes his shiny "new" ancient mech armor out of the Pocket, reading the inscription on the collar. He then attempts to don it to show off to all of creation.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2020, 11:48:00 pm »

The nun takes out the green colored berry and dumped it unto the fountain. It changes color. After a while the pool around surges upward around aethyrion and cleanse every bit of his body. And then it stops.

Nun

"All done! Welcome as a worshiper of tuhan Mr aethyrion sir!"                                                                                                 →                                                                                                                                         

"Right, uh, thanks..."

Aethyrion gets out of the pool and tries to notice if he feels any different than before.

"So are there like, any kinda perks or anything, to being a worshiper of tuhan?"
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2020, 05:04:36 am »

"Randomly generated?"
Durg asked as he ate the lobster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2020, 07:55:35 am »

At Hall of Literature

Jonas takes his shiny "new" ancient mech armor out of the Pocket, reading the inscription on the collar. He then attempts to don it to show off to all of creation.

Jonas found a green shell like logo from inside the collar.

Mona would look through Zic's notes to see if any of his research might have any practical uses to her.

Moan flip the 2ND page of zic's notes. It reads:

To begin with my project, i use a rodent to test these mutations i've found throughout my journey. The mutation sample number #1. It's
  classified as a starvation virus that infects people and mutate them as they deteriorate into corpse. Once they die they walk among the
  planes as a creature that feeds on flesh. To clarify the rodent is still alive, however this virus doesn't start mutating the corpse until the
  host is dead. Now, what if, we can activate the virus whilst the host is still warm? The first experiment is to electrocute my test subject
  and made it experience near death state. The virus doesn't trigger. The virus has some unique properties to it... It doesn't infect other
  people... The virus also didn't come as a sample that i can just get from lockjaw. It's pretty uncanny, but 99% of the people that became
  such creatures just so happen to be a xiya worshiper. And the sample isn't exactly a virus... but some kind of corrupted mana essence.
  I was able to rip out one of them from a lockjaw corpse located in their heart... it's very rare but some 14 days lockjaw may carry this
  essence with them. The regular one doesnt carry this essence for unknown reason. I injected one of this virus essence to the rodent for
  my experiment and kept torturing it, if it would trigger the virus essence. The rodent kept begging to be released, asking for his family for
  help. How pitiful.

At Tuhan's Sanctum

"Right, uh, thanks..."

Aethyrion gets out of the pool and tries to notice if he feels any different than before.

"So are there like, any kinda perks or anything, to being a worshiper of tuhan?"

The nun slowly murmurs to herself until her eyeball and mouth started to glow upwards. Looking like she's possessed. Her voice sounds echo-ey

Nun

"Welcome worshiper, as one of us. You'll find many hardship along your path. Your destiny will guide you that you'd be an asset worthy
   to carry our name, the religion of tuhan! Serve humanity for it is your purpose."                                                                →                                                                                                                                         

The glow had stopped and she stopped floating above the ground. She landed and feeling extremely exhausted.

Nun

"*pant, *pant, Your... *pant, Your destiny will guide you... as you venture on your journey. You'll find a way to appreciate life and tuhan
   who created everything. The perks will slowly aid you as you grow and appreciate everything that was made by tuhan."                     →                                                                                                                                         

Everyone in the sanctum raised their hand and started chanting, "For tuhan!'. Repeatedly for 16x Times. The prayers was really loud it felt like it shook the ground.

At Still Alive Inn

"Randomly generated?"
Durg asked as he ate the lobster.

Cynthia

"Yeah, it's pretty random what we can get from whatever supplies left back in the warehouse."                                                     →

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2020, 10:54:01 am »

It appeared that the actual cause of the Lockjaw might actually be the influence of a god. Which meant that this world was even more screwed than Mona initially thought. She would definitely need to return to Zic's notes later, but she even she didn't think that trying to manipulate the power of an unknown god would be a good idea for her to try. At least not with her current understanding of the virus.

Mona would return to Horrors of this world Vol.1 and look up Religions and their effect to this world. Suddenly it seemed like a more essential read than it did before.

Mona would also take some time to look at the knowledge section of the library
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:49:22 am by Supernerd »

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2020, 01:20:49 pm »

At Steelwick's armory.

Construct as many ballistic turrets as I have time for before the next mission is declared.

The sound of heavy metal clanking against each other can be heard from outside. [Unknown] kept building as time pass by.

At Hall of Literature

Mona would return to Horrors of this world Vol.1 and look up Religions and their effect to this world. Suddenly it seemed like a more essential read than it did before.

Mona would also take some time to look at the knowledge section of the library

Mona skipped through the pages and read the following:

There are several religions in this world but this book will focus on one specific thing. The main culprit of the increase in number of these
  creatures. The religion of tuhan. Before we get started, this belief isn't necessarily the main reason how the creatures become what they
  are. However, the reason how they affect them is through their respective branches and some of them that made others into cult like     
  group that converts other people into something that they are not supposed to be. For example, a Xiya branch from tuhan religion would   
  teach that the means of preserving something is the way to live and giving your life to increase the number you produces to reach
  prosperity. However the other part of this cult translate it in the worst possible way. A cult of xiya branch have a certain belief that not
  eating or drinking by becoming completely without nutrient by sacrificing themselves for other meat eater such as lion would make a great
  example to use it as a shortcut to go to heaven. However the effect does the opposite. Many had suspected that these cult is the main
  reason why the creature was born in the first place. Corrupting their own mana with this crazy ideals. Who and what goal do they intend
  to achieve with this terrible ideal?

Mona goes to the knowledge section:

-Critters and Spirits Vol.1
-Plot Armor Vol.1
-Elemental Thurnce Vol.1
-Shadows beyond the darkness Vol.1
-Kolaps's infinite knowledge Vol.1
-Destruction Vol.1
-Tuhan's Sacred Tome Vol.1

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2020, 01:47:18 pm »

The nun slowly murmurs to herself until her eyeball and mouth started to glow upwards. Looking like she's possessed. Her voice sounds echo-ey

Nun

"Welcome worshiper, as one of us. You'll find many hardship along your path. Your destiny will guide you that you'd be an asset worthy
   to carry our name, the religion of tuhan! Serve humanity for it is your purpose."                                                                →                                                                                                                                         

"Hey uh, w-what's going on?... Are you okay?"

The glow had stopped and she stopped floating above the ground. She landed and feeling extremely exhausted.

Nun

"*pant, *pant, Your... *pant, Your destiny will guide you... as you venture on your journey. You'll find a way to appreciate life and tuhan
   who created everything. The perks will slowly aid you as you grow and appreciate everything that was made by tuhan."                     →                                                                                                                                         

Everyone in the sanctum raised their hand and started chanting, "For tuhan!'. Repeatedly for 16x Times. The prayers was really loud it felt like it shook the ground.

Aethyrion gets startled at the sudden chanting of a crowd; he didn't realize anyone else was there.

"Uagh! What the... um, okay then... yeah... for tuhan... for tuhan... for tuhan... For tuhan....... For tuhan........ For--"

He snaps out of the strange trance.

"Wait what the hell was that!?" He shakes his head trying to awaken himself, feeling a bit confused.

"Err, ehem... well then, right. My destiny will guide me to my perks. Okay, sounds good. Well, thanks nun lady, this was uh, interesting." He glances at the others who were chanting just now and awkwardly waves. "Uh, nice to meet you all too."

He turns back to the nun, who seems to be really tired or something. "By the way are you okay? You look a little pale... which I'm guessing for a human isn't so great." He tries healing her with Holy Flash.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2020, 03:59:53 pm »

Mona could not recall any instances of mana being corrupted by ideals alone from her own world. The implication of this was that the influence of the local gods was a larger contributing factor for mana being corrupted than the beliefs of the individuals.

From the books in the knowledge section, the ones that were of interest to Mona were Shadows beyond the darkness, Kolaps's infinite knowledge and Critters and Spirits. In that order.

Mona would go through the index of these books, starting with Shadows beyond the darkness.

Since the end of the standby phase is coming very soon, can you please just give me a list of skill options on the next update?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:33:26 pm by Supernerd »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2020, 05:21:48 pm »

A shell, so Turtle Type? It was nice of them to draw a picture easily understood after their civilization fell. We did kinda need an extra tank anyway, even if I was hoping to not get shot at as much as those guys.

Lets put the armor on then go show off to everyone in the inn!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59