Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67568 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2020, 07:11:42 am »

"So the king said people around town would give us stuff for helping defend it, so would the heavy armour count as one of those things?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2020, 08:21:49 am »

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Field

"We're just civilians here mister, i don't think i have anything to offer to you that wouldn't insult you.. maybe find other people that can
   give something actually useful to you. I'm not to try and sound rude but..."                                                                               →                     
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

"Bah!" Aethyrion sits down on the ground, not wanting to move another muscle. "Why does everything have to be so hard, can't a fella just get paid his rightful bubblebath after doin' a days hard work?" He lays back and watches the clouds.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2020, 10:23:44 am »

Dr Z takes a moment to skim through the knowledge section of the library for books regarding electrothurgy (which is the application of Magic to perform electrical feats) in hopes of refining his techniques and discovering potential tools to enhance his current abilities. When he finishes doing that, he heads to the inn and waits for his allies. +NEXT
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:49 pm »

"Bah!" Aethyrion sits down on the ground, not wanting to move another muscle. "Why does everything have to be so hard, can't a fella just get paid his rightful bubblebath after doin' a days hard work?" He lays back and watches the clouds.

"Such is the way of the world. I suppose I should visit das arsenal to get some damage upgrades for the next round, seeing as my former plans have been kaput. Maybe we can bathe in the moat later."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2020, 04:10:29 pm »

"Such is the way of the world. I suppose I should visit das arsenal to get some damage upgrades for the next round, seeing as my former plans have been kaput. Maybe we can bathe in the moat later."

"Bathe in the moat... hey that could be nice. Very well my friend, I'm just going to rest here a while..."

Aethyrion stretches and yawns, daydreaming about having a bubblebath in a grand palace.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2020, 07:53:08 pm »

At Steelwick's armory.

"Da comrade, bigger boom is the way to go yes? No one complain of missing target when you destroy everything. Actually they still complain for property damage, but I tell them at least I missed their house, haha... no wait they complain that it did land on their house. Hmm I have many thing to think about, I leave you my gun comrade labourer."

Upgrade mortar's damage/grenade power.

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Wick

"Sure thing, this upgrade will take a while so you can pick this thing up tomorrow morning once it's done."                                      →
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

[thumbs up] Thanks.
Lets make ourselves a second turret!

Wick takes [unnamed] to his workshop. In there he introduces his tools and such. Varying to gun powders, pistols, armors, and anything related to steels and smithing(haven't explored to this part yet lol).

Wick

"There are other stuff you can make to apply to this automatic gun build but if you want to add another elements to it such as fire,
    lasers, or photons, etc. You need to research to use the correct material first, you'll need to read about it on hall of literature and look
    for some specific build that you desire. Best i can do to help you with your build right now are fortified tower, explosives and just
    regular bullets."                                                                                                                                                             →

"So the king said people around town would give us stuff for helping defend it, so would the heavy armour count as one of those things?"

Wick

"Yes, if it helps you protect the city better, i'll lend you anything you need, although i don't want this shop to go bankrupt just yet.
   Please just take one if it fancies your interest."                                                                                                                   →

At Hall of Literature

Dr Z takes a moment to skim through the knowledge section of the library for books regarding electrothurgy (which is the application of Magic to perform electrical feats) in hopes of refining his techniques and discovering potential tools to enhance his current abilities. When he finishes doing that, he heads to the inn and waits for his allies. +NEXT

Dr.Z browse through the knowledge section. Most are just books on how to be investor and how to get rich, which is somewhat common for whatever reason. The section has some book about magic and such, and those books are:

-Critters and Spirits Vol.1
-Plot Armor Vol.1
-Elemental Thurnce Vol.1
-Shadows beyond the darkness Vol.1
-Kolaps's infinite knowledge Vol.1
-Destruction Vol.1
-Tuhan's Sacred Tome Vol.1

Dr.Z picked up the book titled, Elemental Thurnce Vol.1.  He skimmed through every chapter just to find the keyword 'electricity' in it. He then found:

Part 3: Collapsing Sky

From there it reads:

The lightning produces not only from the frequency of potent energy that comes from the sky. Humans, elves, orcs and many other
  creatures posses the same element within them that can produce the energy to create electricity. To unlock this feat, one must channel     
  through from their inner self and connect it into the world's energy. To convert one's mana into electricity. This elemental property has
  multiple effect ranging from using it to create basic element of electricity to manipulating it into something completely advanced. There
  are multiple abilities you can develop such as:

- Empower your current electricity Skill, upgrading it's damage/capability.
  - Thunderstruck - Call forth upon the lightning above to strike your foe down.
  - Remote Control - Channel focus your electricity to one target, controlling their movement.
  - Electrocute - Channel focus your electricity to one target, burning them until they are fried.
  - Techno - Create a powerful techno music by manipulating the electricity current. It does nothing but it would sound cool.

"Thanks. I think I'll look into that" Mona said, as she went to look at the journalist section for information on Lockjaws and other similar things.

Mona arrived at the journalist section, most books there are found to be really ragged and written in a really messy ink. Most of the books contents also found to be blank and left unfinished, either the author didn't finish it because of their laziness or they are dead, who knows? this is a list of books that are completed and readable:

-Zic's Notes Vol.1
-I AM DEAD AHH AHH Vol.1
-Horrors of this world Vol.1
-Hiiro%Savedata%
-Beyond the veils Vol.1
-King foldman's Success Vol.1
-Tuhan and the truth Vol.1

Mona picked up the book titled, Horrors of this world Vol.1. From the index, the following content she reads as:

┌────────────────────────────────────┐
  Introduction
  Part 1 - Creatures of this world and their origins
  Part 2 - The victims
  Part 3 - Religions and their effect to this world
  Part 4 - New world
  Conclusion
  Closing statement
└────────────────────────────────────┘

Mona opened up the first chapter focusing on the part related to the creatures named lockjaw. She opened the Part 1 page:

Lockjaw, A creature that was born from a corpse that died due to starvation. It's 4 fangs are able to stuck it's victim, preventing them from
 escaping it's grasp. After it catches it's victim, it wouldn't let go of them until their meat and bones are completely consumed. It's physical
 strength is very likely capable of bench pressing around 400kg (Around 900 pounds w/MurricanMeter). Avoid closer contact as much as
 possible because these things healed by consuming other flesh. These creatures also gain more strength the more it hungers for flesh. if
 you see one, kill them immediately before it grows stronger.

Weakness: The creature had the same physicality as humans does so any attack would be proven effective towards them. The stronger
 ones however tends to be more fast and their mutations may varied. It's best to slow them down using cryogenics or ice spells before
 they are able to get closer to you in an instant.

Note: These creatures don't have mouths or nose to breathe so it's likely that suffocating them won't kill them. Only attacks that affect
 them physically does.

At Plaza

"Bathe in the moat... hey that could be nice. Very well my friend, I'm just going to rest here a while..."

Aethyrion stretches and yawns, daydreaming about having a bubblebath in a grand palace.

After a while everyone started watching the fully armored man laying on the ground. Spreading rumors together about the protector thinking there's something wrong with his head.

Random kid

"Mom what's that guy doing"                                                                                                                                              →

Random mom

"Don't look at him, you don't wanna end up as a slacker like him... be nice and study for your grades young man"                              →

At Training Grounds

Continue practicing burrowing

Dummy takes [-3,5HP from burrow]

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:57:37 pm by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:03 pm »

Mona was not particularly pleased at this moment. It wasn't the contents of the book that bothered her. The problem was the fact that kingdom already had this knowledge, yet did not think to share this information with the people who were supposed to be guarding against this threat!

The information in the book itself however was both interesting and useful. Much of this was stuff that Mona had already figured out on her own, but some of the finer details were very interesting. The fact that they were able to consume bones was noteworthy, was was their relation to humans. Though humans weren't directly related to Mona's field of expertise, she was familiar with them nonetheless for obvious reasons. She theorized that it might be possible to quickly down a Lockjaw by causing internal damage to its heart and lungs with her telekinesis; something she would have to try when the tide of battle was already in her favor. The possibility of variants was also important. This meant that what works on some Lockjaw's might not necessarily work on others so there was no "Silver Bullet" so to speak.

The book also implied that the Lockjaw knocked into the moat was probably still alive and kicking. Rather than being easy to drown, it probably just couldn't swim.

The last thing that Mona was able to pick up from this chapter was a method that she could use to hold them back. A direct contest of strength was ill-advised, but if Mona was able to lift one into the air using telekinesis she would be able to halt its movement with less effort than it would take to hold it down; as if it could not push against something to move itself then it could be stopped with just enough force to keep it airborne provided that it lacked ranged attacks; which the majority of them appeared to. It wasn't so much an idea from the book as it was about knowing what not to do on account of the estimations of the force that the creatures were capable of.

Mona would continue reading. She would also ask Yneth for some paper and writing utensil. She figured it might be a good idea to start a journal of her own. She hadn't decided on a title yet, but the first one that came to mind was "This world is going to fucking hell - An outsiders opinion of the demonology of Solaph".
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2020, 08:28:42 pm »

Explosives?
They think it over.
...no, several of the others appear to favor melee combat. Bullets are likely the best option. A high caliber would be appreciated, however.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2020, 08:29:23 pm »

Jonas waves goodbye at his cloud-gazing companion and heads off to the armory.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2020, 08:44:11 pm »

Shara jumps a far distance from the dummy and practices her thorns shots, hoping to train accuracy and rate of fire

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:01 pm »

Random kid

"Mom what's that guy doing"                                                                                                                                              →

Random mom

"Don't look at him, you don't wanna end up as a slacker like him... be nice and study for your grades young man"                              →

"Hey I'm not a slacker! I did a whole buncha work earlier, almost lost my head, and they didn't even pay me! Now I can't even get some peace and quiet without bein' hassled!" Aethyrion yells to the mom and kid, still laying on the ground, splayed carelessly in the middle of the street.

"Psh lady you're just like those snobs that kicked me out. Always judgin' me. I bet you dunno two halves of what you're doin' either!" He's getting emotional now.

"Don't act like you know me or where I've been! Y-You... you dunno nothin'!!"

He tosses and turns on the ground nearby, groaning and making a mess of whatever is around.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2020, 11:25:27 pm »

At Steelwick's armory.

Jonas waves goodbye at his cloud-gazing companion and heads off to the armory.

Wick

"Hello and welcome to steelwick's armory, how may i help you protector!"                                                                                  →

Explosives?
They think it over.
...no, several of the others appear to favor melee combat. Bullets are likely the best option. A high caliber would be appreciated, however.

Wick

"Very well then, you can take as many time as you like and use the amount of steel resources and creation tools as much as necessary,
   please let me know when you're done building your machine once it's done!"                                                                            →                                                               

At Hall of Literature

Mona would continue reading. She would also ask Yneth for some paper and writing utensil. She figured it might be a good idea to start a journal of her own. She hadn't decided on a title yet, but the first one that came to mind was "This world is going to fucking hell - An outsiders opinion of the demonology of Solaph".

Yneth

"Sure thing Miss Mona!"                                                                                                                                                    →

Yneth hands over a collective amount of HVS A4 paper used to print something but no one uses them so he just gives them to Mona for free. Mona continues to read the book. Next page the variant mutations of lockaws:

7 Days Lockjaw. This creature had not eaten for 7 days and it's body completely mutated and it started walking in 4. My name is keith
  lawton i've captured this creature and examine his physical property for research purposes. We locked this creature by it's neck with
  steel chain. It's unable to break free for the moment. I'm looking directly at it as i wrote this sentence. It's still struggling to break free to 
  eat my face. I shot it once with a magnum directly towards it's stomach. It bleeds for 6 hour and then the wound is gone. The other   
  lockjaws i've shot died in 6 shots to the stomach and they all writhes in pain... this one doesn't. It's physical resistant has grown stronger
  significantly. This project will likely kill me, but i know the knowledge i would uncover from it. Would be all worth it.

At Plaza

"Hey I'm not a slacker! I did a whole buncha work earlier, almost lost my head, and they didn't even pay me! Now I can't even get some peace and quiet without bein' hassled!" Aethyrion yells to the mom and kid, still laying on the ground, splayed carelessly in the middle of the street.

"Psh lady you're just like those snobs that kicked me out. Always judgin' me. I bet you dunno two halves of what you're doin' either!" He's getting emotional now.

"Don't act like you know me or where I've been! Y-You... you dunno nothin'!!"

He tosses and turns on the ground nearby, groaning and making a mess of whatever is around.

Aethyrion continues to make ruckus while the townsfolk avoiding him. Even the narrator started to get pissy about him, wake up and do something useful ya dingus.

At Training Grounds

Shara jumps a far distance from the dummy and practices her thorns shots, hoping to train accuracy and rate of fire

Shara takes a couple of shots from a distance:

It misses the dummy!

It misses the dummy!

Dummy takes [-1HP]

It misses the dummy!

It misses the dummy!

It misses the dummy!

Dummy takes [-1HP]

It misses the dummy!

It misses the dummy!

Dummy takes [-1HP]

It misses the dummy!

It misses the dummy!

((BTW any gains/upgrades/new items you get will be tallied on the next day standby phase cutscene, so as long people are still talking with npcs i won't wrote it down until you're all done with it. Next mission will probably start next quintillion years or something))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:28:37 pm by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2020, 11:30:46 pm »

"I need a bigger gun. Either by making this gun bigger or getting a second larger gun. Also I need it for free. I didn't actually get paid and am terrible at taking inventory of the junk I store in my Pocket. I'm pretty sure I have a slightly-dropped sandwich if you are interested in trading."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2020, 11:48:50 pm »

Mona continues to read. The "7 Days Lockjaw" was interesting. Mona supposed that "walking on 4" meant that it would use its arms and legs to move in a manner similar to a quadrupedal animal. Usually a creature would get weaker if it cannot get access to the nutrients it requires, though its not unheard of for animals to exhibit bursts of energy in desperation... But not to this extent and that wouldn't explain a greater physical resilience. If it isn't able to react to pain then it would possibly be vulnerable to psionics? This would require testing.

Mona's current hypothesis is that the Lockjaw is born of a very dark magic. Possibly cast by a demilich, or maybe one of the four mythological horseman of the apocalypse known as "Famine". If the spell feeds on the suffering of its victim then that could account for the 7 Day Variant's mutation. Regardless of its creation, Mona would need to inform her allies to be extra wary if a Lockjaw walks on "four legs".

Mona continues reading
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2020, 12:36:27 am »

"Uagh..." Aethyrion gets up after a sulky, half-assed, disturbance-filled session of resting on the street. "...This hard ground isn't even comfortable for sleeping on. *sigh* Guess I should go somewhere else..."

Aethyrion wanders around sluggishly, eventually arriving at Tuhan's Sanctum. "Huh what's this place? Feels familiar... in a weird and slightly crappy way..."
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59