Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)  (Read 67504 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (IC Thread)
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2020, 09:29:41 pm »

"Oh, nothing so romantic as that. My name is Mona Barrows, one of those protector people. Don't believe every rumor you hear about me. Might be some merit to the witch part though, considering what I came here for. I've recently studied a spell that would permit me to talk to the dead, and I wanted to test it out. Do you know of anyone underground who would appreciate the opportunity? Alternatively, I could try passing a message along on your behalf."

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Smitty

"Oh.. You can... miss protector..! If you can make the dead talk... please... can you *Cough Cough*... Hhh... Hhh.. Can you please talk
  to my friend... Captain Optimist... I'm sure he has something to say.. or help you..?.. Thank you..!"
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2020, 09:37:41 pm »

"I can certainly try. It is beyond my current ability to 'make' the dead talk. That would require magic on the same level of that which is used to steal souls, which would fall into the field of necromancy... My old professor said that I just don't have the aptitude for that. What I can do however, is 'allow' dead to talk. If you could bring me to the place where he now rests, I would be happy to talk to him; should he so oblige."

Mona attempts to call Smitty's friend 'Captain Optimist' using the Peace of Mind spell
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2020, 10:04:21 pm »

"I can certainly try. It is beyond my current ability to 'make' the dead talk. That would require magic on the same level of that which is used to steal souls, which would fall into the field of necromancy... My old professor said that I just don't have the aptitude for that. What I can do however, is 'allow' dead to talk. If you could bring me to the place where he now rests, I would be happy to talk to him; should he so oblige."

Mona attempts to call Smitty's friend 'Captain Optimist' using the Peace of Mind spell

After being guided by smitty towards captain optimist's grave. Mona then cast her peace of mind spell to enable herself to talk to the fallen soldier know as captain optimist. The light on her hand started to glow, from around the area. The wind started to compress towards her location, it created a tiny cyclone. As the cyclone begin to vanish, a knight appears... Though it's not an ordinary apparition. Actually, never mind, it's a familiar face. The ghost that appeared in front of her. It was a MATI.

As the Mati fully materialize itself.. it didn't attack nor it was hostile.. it.. stood there doing nothing.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2020, 10:24:15 pm »

Mona figured that she should not jump to conclusions. There was a chance that he looked just like a MATI by co-incidence, albeit a small one. It did however occur to Mona that this spell could potentially be extremely dangerous. Mona would take a quick side glance to see if Smitty appeared to be able to see it as well. If it was a MATI, there was a good chance that things would be just fine provided that there was no significant conflict in the area.

"Captain Optimist, I have called you here today at the behest of the man who introduced himself as Smitty. If there is any wisdom you would desire to impart, I would be happy to relay it on your behalf."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:44 pm »

Whenever the mercenaries protectors are gathered for their next assignment, 82-B will suggest they stop and have a short meeting to discuss strategy and information gathered.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:34 pm »

Mona figured that she should not jump to conclusions. There was a chance that he looked just like a MATI by co-incidence, albeit a small one. It did however occur to Mona that this spell could potentially be extremely dangerous. Mona would take a quick side glance to see if Smitty appeared to be able to see it as well. If it was a MATI, there was a good chance that things would be just fine provided that there was no significant conflict in the area.

"Captain Optimist, I have called you here today at the behest of the man who introduced himself as Smitty. If there is any wisdom you would desire to impart, I would be happy to relay it on your behalf."

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
  Cpt. Optimist

".... Hm..!!!! What.. I was... not in tuhan's side...!? This place... seems familiar...? Huh..!? I'm in my mati form!? I remembered my death..
  it was through decapitation.. I died honorably in the battlefield.. My belief in canza shouldn't turn me into this creature then..
  No... Someone summoned me.. it must be.. "
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

The mati turned around to look at the purple witch that was besides him.

Cpt. Optimist

"You.. What do you want from me? Message... I have nothing to say.. I was fine at lord's canza's side. It's none of your business to   
  interrupt me from being dead. Smitty..? He's... a friend.. Though he doesn't believe in canza, i won't be able to meet him after he died.
  tell him to praise lord tuhan before he dies. May tuhan forgive his sin and maybe, he'll be at tuhan's side like myself."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 16, 2020, 11:12:34 pm »

"It is not my inclination, nor even within my ability, to force a spirit to talk to me against their desire. If you truly have nothing you want to discuss, then you may depart at any moment... If you cannot however, then I fear there may be far more troubling magic at work here than my own. Either way, I shall pass along your message."

Mona will inform Smitty that "Cpt. Optimist was less than happy to be called upon, but he did have some words for you. He said for me to tell you to 'Praise lord Tuhan. And, may tuhan forgive your sin and maybe, you'll be at tuhan's side like myself'.

If the spirit is unable to take his leave, Mona will inspect the graveyard carefully using truesight, then truesight combined with X-ray Vision should truesight alone not reveal anything. Mona would be looking for some kind of magic phenomenon that may be interfering with those who rest in this place.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 16, 2020, 11:31:07 pm »

"It is not my inclination, nor even within my ability, to force a spirit to talk to me against their desire. If you truly have nothing you want to discuss, then you may depart at any moment... If you cannot however, then I fear there may be far more troubling magic at work here than my own. Either way, I shall pass along your message."

Mona will inform Smitty that "Cpt. Optimist was less than happy to be called upon, but he did have some words for you. He said for me to tell you to 'Praise lord Tuhan. And, may tuhan forgive your sin and maybe, you'll be at tuhan's side like myself'.

If the spirit is unable to take his leave, Mona will inspect the graveyard carefully using truesight, then truesight combined with X-ray Vision should truesight alone not reveal anything. Mona would be looking for some kind of magic phenomenon that may be interfering with those who rest in this place.

The mati vanishes after mona set her spell free. After telling smitty the message, the old man, fell to the ground, sitting.

Smitty

"Oh.. I knew it... Captain.. You're still fighting aren't you.. I know canza belief won't allow you to rest, you're still fighting in heaven... i'm
  sorry but.. i'm not going to join lord tuhan.. *sob *sob.. hh.. Hh.. Not after what they did to everyone i know and love... I'm not going
  to idolize a false god.. hh.. hh.."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2020, 11:42:18 pm »

"In my duties, I have had some encounters with the creatures known as Lockjaws. My research into them has proven rather conclusively that they are specifically borne of followers of Xiya, which is also of the Tuhan religion; and more recently I've read of different aberrations connected to Rhama. And I find it more than a bit suspicious that the powers connected to a god would be considered 'corrupted' if there is supposedly only one god."

"Apologies, I'm rambling a bit. If its not too much trouble I would very much like to hear about your experiences with this potentially false god."

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2020, 02:45:55 am »

"In my duties, I have had some encounters with the creatures known as Lockjaws. My research into them has proven rather conclusively that they are specifically borne of followers of Xiya, which is also of the Tuhan religion; and more recently I've read of different aberrations connected to Rhama. And I find it more than a bit suspicious that the powers connected to a god would be considered 'corrupted' if there is supposedly only one god."

"Apologies, I'm rambling a bit. If its not too much trouble I would very much like to hear about your experiences with this potentially false god."

Smitty

"All of my friend who believed them are.. they are not right.. in the head.. One of my friend who believed in Xiya transformed himself into
  a zombie, an undead, that's far away from what god believed. What kind of god created such unholy creature, there's no way, i don't want
  to accept, that kind of god."

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2020, 04:27:11 am »

Joe

"I can use the flute and you can try your singing sir.. Maybe that will make your vocal skill improve.. maybe?"

Bori nods in agreement. He clears his throat and starts singing a modified version of The Partisan's Song. Various lyrics have been replaced by the word "potato".

If upgrading "Singing Ability" is successful, +Next.
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 17, 2020, 05:27:58 am »

Aethyrion fetches the pan and then goes to tell Jonas that's he's welcome again at the inn.

"Hey so I talked to the innkeeper, seems like they've lifted your ban. I also got this pan for heating water. Anyway I think we can boil the water and set up the tub at the inn?"

“At the inn? Why not set up in the plaza so the peasants who didn’t help us earlier can finally witness a bubble bath in all its glory?”

"Hmm okay, I'm down with that. We can get water from the moat or maybe a faucet if they have one at the plaza, but I think we'll also need a fire to heat it up. Damn, this is a lot of work..."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 17, 2020, 05:42:28 am »

“I can move massive amounts of water with my pocket, distance should prove no issue. As for the fire the inn should have one, or an electric equivalent, in its kitchen. Some genus made holes in the inn that will cause it to be quite chilly if no hearth fire is present. Even should we find ourselves barred from das kitchen we can heat water over that. Many opportunities present themselves! Come quickly, as our time runs short.”

Jonas rushes off to boil bath water at the inn!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:25 am »

“I can move massive amounts of water with my pocket, distance should prove no issue. As for the fire the inn should have one, or an electric equivalent, in its kitchen. Some genus made holes in the inn that will cause it to be quite chilly if no hearth fire is present. Even should we find ourselves barred from das kitchen we can heat water over that. Many opportunities present themselves! Come quickly, as our time runs short.”

Jonas rushes off to boil bath water at the inn!

"Huh yeah that doesn't sound too hard now." Aethyrion follows.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2020, 08:01:24 am »

It occurs to Mona that it is far later than she initially thought. Days were much longer back where she was from, and her circadian rhythm was all messed up.

Mona heads back to the Inn

After meeting to head out for the next mission, but BEFORE actually leaving the town, Mona will mention to Advisor Hope that... "If we are expecting to encounter MATI, then it may be optimal to summon the ones in the general in advance using her magic; either to negotiate or at the least challenge them to fight on our own terms in an area prepared in advance with places to hide from death explosions. Based on my research into weird statues, it would be bad to deal with them at the same time as the MATI for a number of reasons, such as MATI death explosion being more dangerous to us than the statues, Bow MATI forcing some of us to move in a way that could enrage the statues just to get in striking range and Shield MATI forcing us to move involuntarily with the gravity pull."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:55:14 pm by Supernerd »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59