Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 28288 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2020, 03:26:54 pm »

@Stirk
Maybe her opinions are based on how characters handle situations, the 3 AIs did not continue attacking when they realized that it made things worse

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2020, 03:45:16 pm »

Wow. She is a horrible judge of character. Her favorite robot spent half the time in front of her insulting all organic life :V
"Meatbags" means kingdom animalia, which is far from all of organic life. Alvarsia sees no problem with the little plant baby, or with the grass and trees and bacteria of the world. The other two minds also find her rants sort of annoying and inconvenient, but give her speaking time per their agreement.

I'm pleased to see that Mona has a good opinion of 82-B. That is the result that "Blue" was after when he was interacting with her. He forms friendships with people for tactical gain, and saw Mona as a rational and knowledgeable person. Getting on her good side despite Alvarsia's initial adversarial stance was a small victory.

"Green" likes everyone, but isn't very talkative outside of battle, where his job is to announce their actions for the sake of coordination. "Green's" design is to serve humans, "Purple's" design is to kill them, and "Blue's" design has become his own.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2020, 03:48:34 pm »

To be honest, as an animal myself, I didn’t;t see meat bag as an insult. We animals are filled with muscles, aka meat. It is just a descriptor we’d rather not use. Since Alvarsia is not msde of meat, I’m not surprised meat bag is used as a descriptor, also yes, we animals are pretty fragile compared to machines

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2020, 03:53:24 pm »

Mona put more "weight" on her own discussion with Unit 82-B, Alvarsia228, Site C Autoframe about Lockjaws than the throne room discussion. Mona is also of the opinion that the average citizen of Solaph is a moron, AND the robot was in direct contact with king Foldman... So that diminished a potentially negative impression of the meatbag insults.

That's not to say she is necessarily a good judge of character of course. There's a lot of bias in this. For example the current Jonas opinion is pretty much entirely from the fact that he got Mona splattered even after the Plague Walker's characteristics were already made known. Also, I like how this one isn't even what you're disagreeing with.

As for the Plague Walkers, If they made a deliberate choice to become a Plague Walker and walk around exploding disease then yes they are almost certainly evil. On the other hand, if they only have animal-like intelligence and are driven by instinct, then I do not feel that the 'evil' label would apply. Its like comparing an adult human spreading disease by licking people to a dog spreading disease by licking people. In this scenario, I wouldn't say the dog is being malicious as it probably doesn't even understand the concept of contagious diseases, whereas the human should really know better.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:55:32 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2020, 03:58:16 pm »

Wow. She is a horrible judge of character. Her favorite robot spent half the time in front of her insulting all organic life :V
"Meatbags" means kingdom animalia, which is far from all of organic life. Alvarsia sees no problem with the little plant baby, or with the grass and trees and bacteria of the world. The other two minds also find her rants sort of annoying and inconvenient, but give her speaking time per their agreement.

I'm pleased to see that Mona has a good opinion of 82-B. That is the result that "Blue" was after when he was interacting with her. He forms friendships with people for tactical gain, and saw Mona as a rational and knowledgeable person. Getting on her good side despite Alvarsia's initial adversarial stance was a small victory.

"Green" likes everyone, but isn't very talkative outside of battle, where his job is to announce their actions for the sake of coordination. "Green's" design is to serve humans, "Purple's" design is to kill them, and "Blue's" design has become his own.

So you are perfectly happy with all the organic diseases floating around? Good to know I guess :V

To be honest, as an animal myself, I didn’t;t see meat bag as an insult. We animals are filled with muscles, aka meat. It is just a descriptor we’d rather not use. Since Alvarsia is not msde of meat, I’m not surprised meat bag is used as a descriptor, also yes, we animals are pretty fragile compared to machines

That wasn't exactly his only insult

Mona put more "weight" on her own discussion with Unit 82-B, Alvarsia228, Site C Autoframe about Lockjaws than the throne room discussion. Mona is also of the opinion that the average citizen of Solaph is a moron, AND the robot was in direct contact with king Foldman... So that diminished a potentially negative impression of the meatbag insults.

That's not to say she is necessarily a good judge of character of course. There's a lot of bias in this. For example the current Jonas opinion is pretty much entirely from the fact that he got Mona splattered even after the Plague Walker's characteristics were already made known. Also, I like how this one isn't even what you're disagreeing with.

As for the Plague Walkers, If they made a deliberate choice to become a Plague Walker and walk around exploding disease then yes they are almost certainly evil. On the other hand, if they only have animal-like intelligence and are driven by instinct, then I do not feel that the 'evil' label would apply. Its like comparing a human spreading disease by licking people to a dog spreading disease by licking people. In this scenario, I wouldn't say the dog is being malicious as it probably doesn't even understand the concept of contagious diseases, whereas the human should really know better.

Glorious King Foldman was smart enough to 1. Not attack the plague walkers (or even be in the area when they detonate) 2. Equip his daughter with something that would protect her from the plague walkers 3. Do all that without even know what a plague walker was. Clearly he's more brilliant than Mona could hope to be. I bet Mona doesn't even have a book written about her.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2020, 04:07:37 pm »

So you are perfectly happy with all the organic diseases floating around? Good to know I guess :V

Me? No, I'm sorta pissed off, as evidenced by me yelling at the GM earlier. My characters are also a little pissed off, and suspect that it's mainly the fault of the other mercenaries being dumb. "Green" forgives them, though. They were trying their best!

...You are capable of differentiating IC and OOC, right? Because

The only AI insulting animalia in that scene was the one with a female voice. I may be male in real life, but I certainly would not complain about the Kingdom I myself belong to. Not more than we deserve, anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:33 pm »

Me? No, I'm sorta pissed off, as evidenced by me yelling at the GM earlier. My characters are also a little pissed off, and suspect that it's mainly the fault of the other mercenaries being dumb. "Green" forgives them, though. They were trying their best!

...You are capable of differentiating IC and OOC, right? Because

The only AI insulting animalia in that scene was the one with a female voice. I may be male in real life, but I certainly would not complain about the Kingdom I myself belong to. Not more than we deserve, anyway.

No. I'm fully convinced that you are a robot with multiple personalities in real life. I'm also fully convinced I'm part troll and can open a pocket dimension. It gets really annoying, I keep dropping stuff expecting them to go into my Pocket and they just keep slamming into the floor instead. My life is a spiral of confusion as I join more and more games unable to tell what reality is. It gets worse when I GM games since I keep expecting reality to bend to my whims. That is why my games die so quickly. I try to see a therapist about it but they're all "Excuse me sir but you can't carry multiple 'emotional support' firearms on this premises" and who wants to deal with that. I envy those with the ability to differentiate between OOC and IC.

Or it could be that I was referring to your character in the first place and you never said anything about any of your robot personalities having a specific gender so I defaulted to 'he'. Whatever makes more sense to you I guess. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2020, 04:28:08 pm »

No. I'm fully convinced that you are a robot with multiple personalities in real life. I'm also fully convinced I'm part troll and can open a pocket dimension. It gets really annoying, I keep dropping stuff expecting them to go into my Pocket and they just keep slamming into the floor instead. My life is a spiral of confusion as I join more and more games unable to tell what reality is. It gets worse when I GM games since I keep expecting reality to bend to my whims. That is why my games die so quickly. I try to see a therapist about it but they're all "Excuse me sir but you can't carry multiple 'emotional support' firearms on this premises" and who wants to deal with that. I envy those with the ability to differentiate between OOC and IC.
This part made me laugh

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 11, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »

This part made me laugh

But...you can't laugh! YOU ARE A PLANT AND YOUR CHIMERA DIED! WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 11, 2020, 04:36:40 pm »

I could point out the implicit bias in assuming that a robot is male until proven otherwise but it would be more relevant to just say that I have stated the three voices' apparent genders, back when the character was introduced.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 11, 2020, 04:42:02 pm »

I could point out the implicit bias in assuming that a robot is male until proven otherwise but it would be more relevant to just say that I have stated the three voices' apparent genders, back when the character was introduced.

What, you think just because a robot has a female voice it must be a female? Clearly you are the one with bias here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 11, 2020, 04:43:41 pm »

This part made me laugh

But...you can't laugh! YOU ARE A PLANT AND YOUR CHIMERA DIED! WHAT IS HAPPENING?
me, the human, of course. Shara doesn’t know the existence of this thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 11, 2020, 04:52:23 pm »

What, you think just because a robot has a female voice it must be a female? Clearly you are the one with bias here.

Mhm.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2020, 05:09:35 pm »

What do the robots think of my character?

For that matter, is "skilled engineer" a legitimate compliment, or something else?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 11, 2020, 05:21:35 pm »

Was about to say annoyed because of that time you picked them up, but I don't think that really happened. The unnamed one seems pretty generic, I hope you can see why. :V
I guess on one hand Blue had to tell him to turn off his turrets, on the other hand he actually listened. So pretty neutral.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31