Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 28362 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2020, 02:30:54 pm »

By the way, for the sake of clarity, I've included what I was more intending the shovel to look like in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Shovel! (click to show/hide)

I don't know how to make the images smaller.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2020, 08:34:52 am »

Name: Unit 82-B, Alvarsia228, Site C Autoframe
Description: A heavily modified warehouse drone, originally designated 82-B. A blocky frame on four stumpy legs, with the later addition of a fabricator core, improved cognition and three wiry modular arms. Inhabited by three personalities; the simple drone 82-B, the assassin droid Alvarsia228, and the overmind Autoframe from Site B.
Backstory: This unit was originally used as a mindless drone in a manufacturing and storage facility alongside many identical units. This changed when a rival conglomerate suborned this unit, covertly installing Alvarsia882, an assassin droid's personality. After successful completion of its mission, the unit was again suborned by an artificial being of great intellect, the Site C Autoframe, who saw the modified being as an opportunity to escape from its arduous duty of serving humans.

Equipment:
Fabber Core (Internal component which can be used to print items, provided with matter.)
Frag Grenade x3 (Flung explosive device.)

Abilities:
Adaptation (Swaps one -Arm ability for another by using the fabricator core to modify that tool.)
Medi-Arm (Can be used to heal allies.)
Sampler-Arm (Can be used to take a sample from an adjacent unit, providing information and data which may be used to replicate that ability using Adaptation.)
Shield-Arm (Can be used to project a protective energy barrier.)

Roles: Yes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2020, 09:24:58 am »

Name: Unit 82-B, Alvarsia228, Site C Autoframe
Description: A heavily modified warehouse drone, originally designated 82-B. A blocky frame on four stumpy legs, with the later addition of a fabricator core, improved cognition and three wiry modular arms. Inhabited by three personalities; the simple drone 82-B, the assassin droid Alvarsia228, and the overmind Autoframe from Site B.
Backstory: This unit was originally used as a mindless drone in a manufacturing and storage facility alongside many identical units. This changed when a rival conglomerate suborned this unit, covertly installing Alvarsia882, an assassin droid's personality. After successful completion of its mission, the unit was again suborned by an artificial being of great intellect, the Site C Autoframe, who saw the modified being as an opportunity to escape from its arduous duty of serving humans.

Equipment:
Fabber Core (Internal component which can be used to print items, provided with matter.)
Frag Grenade x3 (Flung explosive device.)

Abilities:
Adaptation (Swaps one -Arm ability for another by using the fabricator core to modify that tool.)
Medi-Arm (Can be used to heal allies.)
Sampler-Arm (Can be used to take a sample from an adjacent unit, providing information and data which may be used to replicate that ability using Adaptation.)
Shield-Arm (Can be used to project a protective energy barrier.)

Roles: Yes
oh yay, I won’t be the only more than two legged ally anymore :) welcome to the team, 3 minds in one body will be helpful

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2020, 09:31:08 am »

Yes yes. Just kill off one of those useless meatbags and then I can join you. :)
Don't call them meatbags, they don't like it.
Quiet, brainiac.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2020, 10:11:05 am »

Hello and thank you for your submission, hopefully someone died that quickly for your benefit
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2020, 10:16:24 am »

Yes, I'm sure they will, mister GM. I'm sure they will. :D

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »

If I had the opportunity to act, Mona would have totally dragged the lockjaw out of the ditch with her telekinesis. Sometimes the game updates twice while I am at work or whatever before I get a chance to do anything. (Not that it seems like it would have mattered in this case).

On an unrelated note, totally looking forward to finding out how this ridiculous conversation turn plays out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:41:57 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2020, 10:50:24 pm »

Me too, I’m curious how the king reacts to an attempted save by a spider creature who doesn’t know the king is in fact fine, after all, Shara just saw a creature drown/get carried away in water, so I think it makes sense for Shara to assume the king is drowning, and thus attempts to save him. The lack of a way to talk will cause confusion, and honestly, confusion is fun

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2020, 10:55:40 pm »

Why are you both using the same PFP?
EDIT: Naturegirl, why have you put the image Supernerd is using as their PFP into your picture rotation?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2020, 11:17:35 pm »

My current theory is that both the DARK LORD and most, if not all of the player characters came from another world (Some being more obvious than others). I also strongly suspect that the DARK LORD has been selling junk to the king.

The fact that a king would be interested in things like "Golf, TV and a Tiny Pool" strongly imply that these are new experiences for a monarch in a world that is not so technologically advanced. It would be trivially easy for a king to get entertainment of this caliber otherwise. The TV show part is especially jarring, as if the king is having trouble paying for it then who the carp else can afford this service and who would bother to produce it?

Also worthy of note is that the game takes place in a castle. The advent of gunpowder mostly did away with massive fortified castles like this in our reality as stone walls were not able to hold their own against explosive weapons. Yet, gunpowder clearly exists in this world on account of the fact that several player characters use guns, mortars and grenades like they are going out of style.

And thirdly, Advisor Hope was shocked when she saw the aftermath of the combat. This is despite the fact that the other guards had informed her of what happened. It wasn't the monsters that shocked her; she was well aware of them. So the only thing that would have surprised her would be the smoldering craters from the Mortar! Though I guess to be fair that would be a concern even if you did know about explosive weaponry.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:20 pm »

My current theory is that both the DARK LORD and most, if not all of the player characters came from another world (Some being more obvious than others). I also strongly suspect that the DARK LORD has been selling junk to the king.

The fact that a king would be interested in things like "Golf, TV and a Tiny Pool" strongly imply that these are new experiences for a monarch in a world that is not so technologically advanced. It would be trivially easy for a king to get entertainment of this caliber otherwise. The TV show part is especially jarring, as if the king is having trouble paying for it then who the carp else can afford this service and who would bother to produce it?

Also worthy of note is that the game takes place in a castle. The advent of gunpowder mostly did away with massive fortified castles like this in our reality as stone walls were not able to hold their own against explosive weapons. Yet, gunpowder clearly exists in this world on account of the fact that several player characters use guns, mortars and grenades like they are going out of style.

And thirdly, Advisor Hope was shocked when she saw the aftermath of the combat. This is despite the fact that the other guards had informed her of what happened. It wasn't the monsters that shocked her; she was well aware of them. So the only thing that would have surprised her would be the smoldering craters from the Mortar! Though I guess to be fair that would be a concern even if you did know about explosive weaponry.

My current theory is that - just maybe - you are looking too much into things.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2020, 12:43:57 am »

My current theory is that - just maybe - you are looking too much into things.

Its fine to look into things too much, but yeah it's just a gag scene.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2020, 01:25:28 am »

ffff, just missed, oh well i did not have a character yet. Post to Watch
You can probably create a character that will join when one of us dies
welp good idea, i will do that when I have time
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:37 am »

Hey I have a question, can we only do one of /upgrade ability/buy item/improve max HP/ or one of each?
:-(

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2020, 10:21:19 am »

Hey I have a question, can we only do one of /upgrade ability/buy item/improve max HP/ or one of each?
i think 1 of each

Mona Barrows heads to the hall of literature to learn more about the monsters that inhabit this world. If there is time, she would also read up on history.

On an unrelated note, Mona still didn't get the opportunity to dissect one of the previously fallen Lockjaws.
Don’t worry, we will kill some more, and the corpses from previous might still be at the gate for when we are done at the tower
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31