Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 28342 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2020, 09:37:25 am »

Well, everyone's dying.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2020, 09:45:05 am »

It's either a dream sequence or a rocks fall everyone dies scenario I bet. Outta our hands in both circumstances.
:-(

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2020, 09:47:32 am »

The entire point of this was to reach a place with better hospitals and I expect I'll remain alive at least.
Result: I will build a cart and pull you all to our destination if I have to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2020, 09:53:02 am »

Well considering it's gonna be over soon anyway, i'll explain the puzzle.

1. I didnt put the battle phase because there was no battle to begin with when the creature woke up
2. Everyone can literally do nothing and there would be no viruses on the air.
3. Killing them made the situation worse. Bori did the worst thing for setting everything on fire and blows everything up from behind even though they just passing through not doing anything and would not infect anyone else if everyone just ignored them. unknown and jonas kept killing them for no reason as well,
4. The narration make it seem like the creature moved towards the pod when in fact the creature just moving to the left.
5. The objective was to protect the pod when in fact the creature dont even have enough strength to scratch the pod. So everyone can just push it and ignore the creature freely after making the cart unstuck. Everyone besides the pod if anything, are more vulnerable to the plague walkers than invul who is safe in the pod.
6. Everyone is still killing the plague walkers. LOL
7. I kinda just setting this scenario up knowing your solution would be killing anything in sight but didnt expect to still going guns blazing despite dying from killing them.
8. Not everything needs to be solved through sheer violence.
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2020, 10:05:08 am »

It's not a puzzle if there's no clues, and you're killing most of us off because a couple people didn't get the hint.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2020, 10:23:54 am »

The first round wasnt that bad, but staying in the circle while explicitly being shown to have virus rain for the second turn and kept killing them even though they contract disease after killing them doesnt seem to be the best option. Just saying

You'll survive, if unknown and 82-b is carrying you out of the field right now by making a cart or something, just roll invul around, she's unconscious at this point anyway lol
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2020, 12:11:51 pm »

The main reason I left Mystville is because it seemed like a train wreck. There were several GMs saying contradictory things and my attempts to take actions didn't seem to accomplish anything useful.

As for this scenario I think Mona was 100% in the right with her decisions in this encounter, even if the results still weren't optimal for her. Not only did she not attempt to use violence and predict that the creatures may not be hostile, but she also had the sense to escape from the toxic rain. Mona even tried giving the princess a lecture about how not all of the monsters that threaten Solaph are necessarily 'evil'. Do I at least get a little badge that says "Mona was right" or something? I feel like she deserves one at this point.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2020, 12:20:13 pm »

In a game like this, losing a whole round of attacks against something like lockjaws would have been a disaster. We didn't initially know that these enemies wouldn't immediately go eat us if we spent a turn scanning and observing rather than attacking, so I decided to both scan and shoot one.
As for the second turn, I kind of assumed people would stop shooting once it became clear that it was making things worse, so I just started making a vaccine to reduce the damage. I guess I should have immediately ran out of range and yelled at everyone to stop shooting? Eh. This just seemed like a puzzle with way too specific of a solution, and it could have been failed by ANY ONE of us doing the wrong thing. To get out of this unscathed, we would have all had to do exactly the right thing with no evidence.
And I mean, I would be fine with some puzzle encounters, but so far the game had been presented as 100% combat. The last two missions were just "kill these things before they kill you". Also, basically all of the upgrades you offer us between missions are combat-related.

I quit mistville because I don't have to time to keep up with tons of people posting RP all the time, and it was too freeform RP for me. Basically it was just too confusing for me to keep up with. This game is slow enough for me to actually keep track of.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 11, 2020, 12:30:46 pm »

Egan_BW Does make a few fair points. I'll also mention that I feel a bit sore for being punished with a permanent disease for other people's mistakes. Though there was some evidence. All of the plague walkers were facing in the same direction, the GM explicitly asked if the Turrets would auto fire prior to the mission (This hint is kind of meta so its not reasonable to expect players to pick up on this one).

There's also a big hint in the mission introduction, which even explicitly says that the creatures had no interest to attack the group. So the claim that there was no evidence is unsubstantiated in my opinion. I don't see a fault with his other complaints though.

As more creature began to woke up around them, they continue to walk. It felt like it ignored most of the group. It's as if the protector who stepped on the land had woken up the creatures but only to continue the creatures march forward. The creatures had no interest to attack the group. When suddenly, princess invul who finally got a glimpse of the creature nearby, screamed on top of her lungs. She is Terrified.

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Invul

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!! HEEELPPPP!! THOSE MONSTERS!!! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME HELPP!!!!!"
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Some of the creature noticed her screaming. They turned their head and faced the metallic yellow pod that the protectors are guarding. Some of the creatures around them started to walk towards the yellow pod slowly. Trying to get whatever inside the pod for unknown reason. Princess invul is having a panic attack and her condition seems getting worse. At the same time of this, the pod's wheel sunk into the ground, there was a hint that it's broken due to carrying the pods weight which is 1500kg.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 11, 2020, 12:33:41 pm »

Action changed
"Sure thing doktor."

Bori moves the cart to where the pod is and attempts to haul the pod back onto the wheels.
I try helping with this

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2020, 12:38:09 pm »

Egan_BW Does make a few fair points. I'll also mention that I feel a bit sore for being punished with a permanent disease for other people's mistakes. Though there was some evidence. All of the plague walkers were facing in the same direction, the GM explicitly asked if the Turrets would auto fire prior to the mission (This hint is kind of meta so its not reasonable to expect players to pick up on this one).

There's also a big hint in the mission introduction, which even explicitly says that the creatures had no interest to attack the group. So the claim that there was no evidence is unsubstantiated in my opinion. I don't see a fault with his other complaints though.

As more creature began to woke up around them, they continue to walk. It felt like it ignored most of the group. It's as if the protector who stepped on the land had woken up the creatures but only to continue the creatures march forward. The creatures had no interest to attack the group. When suddenly, princess invul who finally got a glimpse of the creature nearby, screamed on top of her lungs. She is Terrified.

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
   Invul

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!! HEEELPPPP!! THOSE MONSTERS!!! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME HELPP!!!!!"
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Some of the creature noticed her screaming. They turned their head and faced the metallic yellow pod that the protectors are guarding. Some of the creatures around them started to walk towards the yellow pod slowly. Trying to get whatever inside the pod for unknown reason. Princess invul is having a panic attack and her condition seems getting worse. At the same time of this, the pod's wheel sunk into the ground, there was a hint that it's broken due to carrying the pods weight which is 1500kg.

In regards to that, I would like to mention that in both rounds 1 and 2 at least half the participants took defensive postures while the remaining attack, and yet everyone seems to have suffered the results. The response was too heavy handed IMO.

Also, I mentioned the exact same thing to the GM as Egan did, we had 2 prior encounters with combat in it and there wasn't enough foreshadowing for what this scenario may or may not have entailed. I think it's reasonable to assume most characters would attack on sight. Just as an example, a peddler could've been doling out antidote on the streets, or maybe a merchant carriage could've come into town, talking about their encounter with these creatures but managing to get through without any sort of hostile response from them. It just seems to me that we went from battle 1, to battle 2, to battle 3 which wasn't actually a battle and we're taking 50% max HP damage per hit for not foreseeing what the GM already knew.
:-(

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2020, 02:12:13 pm »

After i figured out that they were not a threat to the mission directly, I shifted back to trying to complete the mission rather than dealing with the horde. Unfortunately, it seems not everyone is bright enough to figure out that killing things that explode on death is a bad idea.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2020, 02:32:55 pm »

Just in case anyone was wondering about what Mona thinks of their character, here's the answer. Note that the most recent conflict may have had a very large impact on this for some individuals.

Spoiler: Mona's opinions (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »

She’s right, Shara is a young plant and hasn’t dealt with lots if things before

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2020, 02:51:00 pm »

Haha plague walkers go brrrrrrsplsh

Just in case anyone was wondering about what Mona thinks of their character, here's the answer. Note that the most recent conflict may have had a very large impact on this for some individuals.

Spoiler: Mona's opinions (click to show/hide)

Wow. She is a horrible judge of character. Her favorite robot spent half the time in front of her insulting all organic life :V

The main reason I left Mystville is because it seemed like a train wreck. There were several GMs saying contradictory things and my attempts to take actions didn't seem to accomplish anything useful.

As for this scenario I think Mona was 100% in the right with her decisions in this encounter, even if the results still weren't optimal for her. Not only did she not attempt to use violence and predict that the creatures may not be hostile, but she also had the sense to escape from the toxic rain. Mona even tried giving the princess a lecture about how not all of the monsters that threaten Solaph are necessarily 'evil'. Do I at least get a little badge that says "Mona was right" or something? I feel like she deserves one at this point.

I'm pretty sure creatures that walk around exploding disease are pretty evil
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:55:05 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31