Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Corruption RPG (Registration) [6/10 Slot]  (Read 28359 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption RPG (Registration)
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2020, 09:59:02 pm »

What a powergamery question~

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2020, 10:00:39 pm »

what do you mean?
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2020, 10:14:15 pm »

The description of this spell is:   - Duplicate: Able to create another object again through your memory. (the duplicated item can't move and only 1 item you can duplicate)

Aside from the can't move and only 1 item you can duplicate restrictions, this can supposedly create anything that the caster has memories of. This is why backstory stuff would potentially have an actual impact on the game. Here is the best example I can think of:

Bori graduated from "University of Shooting Big Guns". It would stand to reason that if such an institution exists then it would be a place where he would have memories of extremely large firearms that are perhaps bigger than you would be inclined to let a player actually have. This combined with Bori's ability to use "any large caliber gun or artillery piece with great proficiency"...

So basically, this would require either the spell needing to be restricted to things witnessed in game, or for there to be a discussion about what a character would reasonably be allowed to do with this ability beyond that.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:03 pm »

The description of this spell is:   - Duplicate: Able to create another object again through your memory. (the duplicated item can't move and only 1 item you can duplicate)

Aside from the can't move and only 1 item you can duplicate restrictions, this can supposedly create anything that the caster has memories of. This is why backstory stuff would potentially have an actual impact on the game. Here is the best example I can think of:

Bori graduated from "University of Shooting Big Guns". It would stand to reason that if such an institution exists then it would be a place where he would have memories of extremely large firearms that are perhaps bigger than you would be inclined to let a player actually have. This combined with Bori's ability to use "any large caliber gun or artillery piece with great proficiency"...

So basically, this would require either the spell needing to be restricted to things witnessed in game, or for there to be a discussion about what a character would reasonably be allowed to do with this ability beyond that.

Yeah, i'll allow it. I like it when players get creative with their ability instead of bori attack bori done type narrative. The mass of the duplicated objects requires higher level of mastery though. So it's not like you can just create a gigantic pacific rim robot upon learning the skill anyway. At best you can make a plate or a fork at level 1. Memory does restrict the ability in the game but your character can just read a comic book about giant robot and learn how to materialize it when you have higher level of duplicate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2020, 10:29:57 pm »

Ninja’d by Akhdas, I’ll put this anyway,

Memories are faulty. Try the telephone game but with a small story instead. Memories will change each time you think of them. Perhaos the player can describe the item, and the GM can roll a few die to see which parts of the memory get changed. EG

Bori wishes to duplicate Artilery Gun model A from University. The gun is as big as 2 people, shoots cannonballs with a diameter of 10 ft, and can pivot in 360 degree motion

DM rolls 3 die, one for each description piece
Let’s say the die are 3,5,1
So the cannon could end up being half the size, shoot 10 ft long cannonballs, but cannot change direction it is pointed

Due to the size of the cannonballs compared to the size of the artillery gun, it would have a longer reload time than the one Bori remembers

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2020, 10:34:13 pm »

It might get very interesting indeed. Probably no giant robots due to the fact that there is still the no moving restriction, but still. If I were a GM I wouldn't leave this particular spell lying around where a player might find it unless the whole game was designed around it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »

It's fine, its not going to be game breaking or plot breaking, if it did and you use it to change the current plot or game, i'll applaud you for it

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2020, 10:40:29 pm »

It might get very interesting indeed. Probably no giant robots due to the fact that there is still the no moving restriction, but still. If I were a GM I wouldn't leave this particular spell lying around where a player might find it unless the whole game was designed around it.

GM said it is basically like the Green Lantern ring. You can make objects based on their size but you can't copy magical properties, just their shape.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2020, 11:01:35 pm »

So... Looks like I don't get any snide remarks from Cynthia upon entering the inn?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2020, 11:04:49 pm »

Im working on the battle phase right now. I feel theres enough interactions already. I'm just responding to aethyrion to explain how his sleep ability works. The fight is short anyway

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2020, 02:04:54 am »

btw king zultan, is your character gonna enter next battle? Your character HP will be at 5/5HP but you'll still be able to join.

I'll take that as a No if you dont respond in the next 3 hour or so
I'm assuming I'm late as hell to replying to this, but I don't think joining the battle would be a good idea at that low of HP sense one hit could murder me.

So am I able to do anything during the battle sense I'm not going to be in it or do I just wait until its over?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2020, 02:18:42 am »

lol i should've check before submitting the post, i guess just wait it until it's done, it's not gonna be long

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2020, 09:41:24 am »

is the turret on auto attack @glass?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2020, 10:17:47 am »

Yes, my general idea with turrets is that they should always be on auto attack. If the turrets are able to attack on a turn and don't without me explicitly saying they shouldn't, then something has gone wrong.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2020, 02:35:36 pm »

The latest update says Standby phase at the top
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31