Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Academy of the Young Gods (IC Thread)  (Read 18957 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Academy of the Young Gods (IC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2020, 01:12:40 pm »

(Ahh. Okay. And fixed the Month thing for ya)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2020, 09:06:40 pm »

Dun grows visibly excited as the Emperor explains the lake's purpose. An ideal cauldron to create and experiment with life in... and to salvage those of worth from certain destruction.

Sage of the Rat

Dun needs only a few minutes of thought to begin filling out her form, which she presents to Professor Yínfà in a groveling bow.

Quote from: Room Decorations
A large, central bed of snuggly clamflesh to sleep in and conduct most business from. Like all good organisms, this one should adjust its temperature, texture, and composition to match the current whims of its occupant.
A method of controlling the room's temperature, light, moisture, and pressure, ranging from a warm, brightly lit surface room to the cold, lightless depths of the sea.
Ideally a method of protecting inhabitants from discomfort or damage due to incompatible conditions mentioned above.

I intend to produce or acquire various servants and organisms for aesthetic and comfort purposes.

"I see that we have four open rooms available; among five students we can either fight over them or share them. There are certain ideas which may make our lives simpler, such as building a common workshop or forge that needs only one or two complete sets of tools to serve us all in turns. Another obvious candidate would be to improve our common storage with better methods of preserving volatile resources than an open pit."
"A place to store or house mortal life comes to mind. Perhaps a pool to raise sacred sea life, or a great block of amber to suspend life within.

How would we divide responsibility for constructing and maintaining such shared resources?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 07:50:44 am »

Everything they see and hear leaves Qu a little bewildered. He returns to reality when the Professor finishes her speech.

Quote from: Qu's Room
1: Qu wishes his room to be a garden of wonder and beauty. Fragrant flowers, lush greenery, quiant vine-wreathed stone bridges over running water; orbs of water which contain worlds in miniature with their own cycles of bloom and withering; life at its most vibrant everywhere the eye may fall. Qu desires to be surrounded by nature and growth at all times. He abhors empty space and any reminder of the void. He would appreciate instruments of music, canvases and paint, ink and parchment, and other tools of creation to try his hand at.

2: Qu intends to grow new life and desires fertile blessed soil for these purposes. Beyond that, Qu has no requests yet.

'What counts as provocation, Professor, for the rule for not antagonizing freshmen? What counts as antagonizing?' he asks. 'Who decides these things? If a senior decides that something I say is a provocation, will someone else judge the truth of it?'

Memories of godlings in Lady Murietta's court coming after him haunt Qu's mind. There always seem to be gaps for the bullies and sadists to abuse.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2020, 11:02:33 am »

The Professor considers the question for a moment. "If you feel that you have been antagonized without provocation, report the incident to myself or another member of the staff. The person you report to will decide if offense rises to the level of 'antagonize without provocation', and deal out whatever punishment may be necessary and proper. If you disagree with the decision, you may take it up with the office of appeals."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 02:27:49 pm »

Dun turns to stare at Qu, intrigued by his strange questions. Is he afraid of those stronger than him? Does he think he can hide behind those stronger than them?

Is he weak?

She decides to test this last question by wriggling very close and staring at him. If he knows he's weak, he'll cower or flee. If he thinks he's strong, he'll try to take control of the situation. If he thinks he's somewhere in between, he'll flare up in challenge. Either way, she'll learn more about him.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2020, 04:46:17 pm »

Dun's approach draws little reaction from Qu. The young god stares at his peer unblinking. The invasion of personal space does not seem to strike him as anything odd.

'It is pleasant to meet you,' he says after a prolonged silence, remembering his foster-mother's instructions to always be courteous. 'Would you like a flower?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 05:44:58 pm »

Dun blinks. No response... Not in the same category? Position resolved somehow? She doesn't know what to make of this.

"I would," she answers honestly. Flowers aren't as nice as animals because they're cooler and don't move as much, but she still likes pretty things.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2020, 06:09:18 pm »

"I see that we have four open rooms available; among five students we can either fight over them or share them. There are certain ideas which may make our lives simpler, such as building a common workshop or forge that needs only one or two complete sets of tools to serve us all in turns. Another obvious candidate would be to improve our common storage with better methods of preserving volatile resources than an open pit."
"A place to store or house mortal life comes to mind. Perhaps a pool to raise sacred sea life, or a great block of amber to suspend life within.

How would we divide responsibility for constructing and maintaining such shared resources?"

"I spoke while thinking of a simpler scenario where each user would be responsible for replacing any Tools that are excessively worn by their actions. That could be resolved by consensus or by our prefect, I should think. For something like an ecosystem of mortal life that might require regular input, perhaps we could make it a duty of the prefect to perform routine checks and maintenance. You could describe my father's job in that fashion, and it doesn't require anything like his full power, so unless we have fashioned the environment catastrophically bad it ought not to take too much time. Plus it would be a signal even beyond what the handbook already lays out that we expect our prefect to bear the power of their office with a corresponding amount of responsibility."

"And it might even put you in the frontrunning, Dun, since I've heard you express the most interest in living things out of all of us so far."

To Professor Yínfà
"Can the Prefect access the miracle bank for minor, communal purposes or only while locked on the Throne for an age?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2020, 02:07:14 am »

"I spoke while thinking of a simpler scenario where each user would be responsible for replacing any Tools that are excessively worn by their actions. That could be resolved by consensus or by our prefect, I should think. For something like an ecosystem of mortal life that might require regular input, perhaps we could make it a duty of the prefect to perform routine checks and maintenance. You could describe my father's job in that fashion, and it doesn't require anything like his full power, so unless we have fashioned the environment catastrophically bad it ought not to take too much time. Plus it would be a signal even beyond what the handbook already lays out that we expect our prefect to bear the power of their office with a corresponding amount of responsibility."

"And it might even put you in the frontrunning, Dun, since I've heard you express the most interest in living things out of all of us so far."

Dun's tentacles twitch at the mention of gaining power. She glances at the eldritch dragon; she can't imagine him letting her gain the upper hand without incident. She can imagine him letting her seize the throne and then hurling her off of it when his armies are ripe.

"If we wish to have communal workshops, it would only be natural to appoint someone to direct efforts related to their maintenance and upkeep. Such an individual could similarly manage exchanges between individuals, if they desired something best performed by another.

I am familiar with both organic and inorganic materials as they relate to servant creation, so I would be well suited to such a position."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2020, 08:45:29 am »

Dun blinks. No response... Not in the same category? Position resolved somehow? She doesn't know what to make of this.

"I would," she answers honestly. Flowers aren't as nice as animals because they're cooler and don't move as much, but she still likes pretty things.

Qu nods, pleased. Another successful step towards friendship. He picks out a flower from his hair - a rose of such dark red it appears almost black - and breathes on it. Crystals of ice form on the surface in intricate fractals. The flower appears to be living even so. He places it in Dun's... well, she doesn't have hair, but in her jellyfish mantle. It's close enough to hair, anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2020, 12:12:46 pm »

Qu nods, pleased. Another successful step towards friendship. He picks out a flower from his hair - a rose of such dark red it appears almost black - and breathes on it. Crystals of ice form on the surface in intricate fractals. The flower appears to be living even so. He places it in Dun's... well, she doesn't have hair, but in her jellyfish mantle. It's close enough to hair, anyway.
Dun smiles excitedly.

"Pretty and fitting! Are flowers your specialty?"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 10:31:52 am »

Abyssal Furnishing:
I: A sanctum sanctified in a half an area of purplish flesh that extruded out sentry eye stalks and tentacles while the rest resembles a volcanic cave with lava interior heating, the tentacle and its flesh with Elbakaepsnu’s will could form adjusting areas to sit and rest upon, with the bed for him being a huge hoard if magically illusionary pile of random purple coins, trinkets, and baubles that Elba shall lay upon when the entity needs to... trance to the far realm to reenergize his power, a focus to help him with his trances.

II: A storage area for all of magical artifacts that Elba shall gather for his collection is desired, that can contain and lock-up all kind of primordial and wild items without it affecting the room.

”I have already read through the handbook a multitude of uncountable times and have made all my logical conclusions based on all possible questions that could come from it or this prescint, meaning that I have no questions to administer to you, Your Grace.”
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:00:07 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 12:27:05 pm »

”I have already read through the handbook a multitude of uncountable times and have made all my logical conclusions based on all possible questions that could come from it or this prescint, meaning that I have no questions to administer to you, Professor.”
Parsing statement
...I believe the point could have been expressed much more succinctly. Do you require assistance in statement formatting?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2020, 08:43:51 pm »

To Professor Yínfà
"Can the Prefect access the miracle bank for minor, communal purposes or only while locked on the Throne for an age?"

The professor frowns."Negative. The throne is for larger scale events. If the prefect feels the need to perform a minor communal miracle, they should do it themselves or convince a classmate. Consider it an emergenc-"

Yínfà is abruptly cut off by the doors to the homeroom chamber swinging open. A figure enters, a tall dark skinned humanoid with the head of a Dolphin. His body is muscular, and covered only by a pair of rugged boots and a strategically placed live starfish for modesty. You note that he is nowhere near as strong as Professor Yínfà, but still far out of your league.  "Oi! Kids! Yínfà! The Student Index office wanted me to drop this off!"

The newcomer snaps his fingers, and a large mostly empty board appears on a nearby empty wall. "You are all hereby advised to make note of all your mortal and divine holdings and discoveries here... Well anything you don't want to keep secret anyway. This allows you to better keep tabs on, and hopefully, cooperate with each other. This board is also synchronized with the Student Index, which will receive any information you list here. Non student divines in this world are generally forbidden from dabbling in student affairs, so y'all will generally want your possessions listed on the student index to keep bored staff from fucking with em."

He then pauses, noticing the class listings on the wall. He takes a peek. Summons a quill from the ether, and makes a few changes before addressing you all again. "Oh. Right. Introductions! You lot can call me Chet, I'm one of the court scholars here on The Plane of Qiángdà. This term I'll be running the resource lab for Koaring and the unnamed one, as well as sitting in on the Eugenics lab Dun is taking to help with any field work that might turn up! Sounds like fun, right?"

---

Alright. The time has come to post and schedule your actions for the first Age. Professor Yínfà will sort out any scheduling conflicts that crop up. During the first Age, you may not choose to ditch class.

Feel free to continue RP with the NPCs or each other while waiting for the turn to go up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:14:27 pm by Weirdsound »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2020, 10:12:35 pm »

Elbakaepsnu sees that to act is now upon himself and the other gods, only hoping for himself that none of them interfere with his goals in the other Sagas, primarily being in the one he’s taking classes in so their shouldn’t be any, and will take flight to the classes and the main goal that he set himself forth with

Attend Introduction to Worldly Interactions Class in Sage of the Monkey, Elba take a calm yet reserved approach when trying to understand the material, but study the other god students and see what they are like, any one that would be decent to make a form of bond ship and connection with, and understand the type deities that would have their first class be about improving with their interaction to the world, ascended mortals, perhaps?

Attend Leadership I: Mortal Combat Tactics in Sage of the Tiger, Elba shall try to get the most grasp of the material as he can, as he desires to be a legendary god in this kind of work as well as the other gods who would take such a class.

Spend an Interaction in the Saga of Dragon: Elbakaepsnu shall fly with his tentacled wings towards where the human’s fortresses influence reach seeking his ambition to rule all of the lands under his own domain, corrupting and disturbing the lands as he lands onto a castle top, demanding a presence from the local lord or riff whoever owns the local region where the humans claim, seeking the castle’s ruler and demanding to gather an audience with such a person, to tell this individual where their position will be in the following years and the situation of their nation as a whole will understand. Diplomatic affairs should happen before any confrontation happen, if only to make the other civilization realize the situation they are in and understanding how this people are and react to his very otherworldly presence

Elbakaepsnu makes a statement to the Alpha-Huntress before taking his leave off to the human’s land.
”Now Alpha-Huntress the time for pleasantries are over and your purpose shall be met with, I shall seek an audience with the human kingdoms that you have been attacking, understanding if they have ay religious idols or guardian spirits that will attempt to challenge my rule, and maybe they will be very wise to surrender to us before any confrontations happen and become apart of my army and domain. Prepare your insect-like men for the following skirmishes and ambushes that will happen to these people, and even more so when I return back, I shall give you some of my magical miraculous might to fix your reproductive and stagnant growth problems, just need to figure out the way to enhance you to serve the goals that I will transpire. Now be ready to compose yourself with the trouncing that I will need your help with.”

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:42:59 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13