Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Academy of the Young Gods (IC Thread)  (Read 18906 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Academy of the Young Gods (IC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2020, 05:49:36 pm »

[null] stares uncomprehendingly at the emperor, eyes bright yellow.

What do you mean by “graduate”?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2020, 07:01:23 pm »

Dun squishes herself down and inclines her head in a subservient bow. This is clearly a being of absurd power, which makes her little more than a game tile in his presence. She hopes to fulfill whatever purpose he may have for her adequately, but doesn't think such a being could have much in the way of detailed, genuine concern for such lowly materials.

Accordingly, she doesn't want to address such a power, but he has given her a command to share opinions, and she has some. She'd no sooner remain silent than hold out money from him.

"O Exalted One, I found it strange to do so little and be so isolated for so long. It is not in my nature to remain idle, nor to be without my own meager possessions.

I have many goals here, O Master of Masters. I wish to collect dolls for my own amusement and pleasure, to experiment with methods of rulership and management, and to dwell in luxury and adoration. It should go without saying, O Great One, that I have no intention of becoming satisfied with my current usefulness, and wish always to become more skilled and valuable."

The emperor nods in approval at Dun's answer. "Ambitious, utilitarian, but not above the elegant pleasures of divine living. I like it. Just be sure to research your options. I make no promises on the matter, but there is a real chance you leave my realm too strong to return to your father as a servant."

[null] stares uncomprehendingly at the emperor, eyes bright yellow.

What do you mean by “graduate”?

The Emperor of Scholars grabs a bright orange fruit off the table, which begins to disintegrate in his hands as he addresses the nameless god. "Education is only a temporary state of affairs, child. A stepping stone on the road to whatever comes next. You will not be here forever."

He waves a hand idly, before addressing the other students. "The people who sent this one here messed with its memory. A rather unforgivable offense that I think I'll send some divine warfare or advanced devilry students to punish at a later date... Regardless, in spite of its potential, this one has nothing. Not even a name. I trust that as its classmates, you look after it, and don't exploit or abuse it too much before it has a better idea of what is going on."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2020, 09:31:09 pm »

The emperor nods in approval at Dun's answer. "Ambitious, utilitarian, but not above the elegant pleasures of divine living. I like it. Just be sure to research your options. I make no promises on the matter, but there is a real chance you leave my realm too strong to return to your father as a servant."

He waves a hand idly, before addressing the other students. "The people who sent this one here messed with its memory. A rather unforgivable offense that I think I'll send some divine warfare or advanced devilry students to punish at a later date... Regardless, in spite of its potential, this one has nothing. Not even a name. I trust that as its classmates, you look after it, and don't exploit or abuse it too much before it has a better idea of what is going on."
The tips of Dun's tentacles twitch slightly at the mention of being too strong to serve her father. The thought of being even more powerful than her father, of ruling at the very top of her own domain, perhaps even of keeping her father as a doll... she would never dream of expressing such ambitions in her current lowly state, but they were intoxicating possibilities.

"I will endeavor to make my interactions with it instructive," Dun assures the Emperor. Her eyes shift from the ground to the peculiar construct, wondering when she'd get a chance to demonstrate the workings of life to it. Perhaps raiding its people in a simple, easy to understand battle if she found them, or offering some kind of representative pet as a gift.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2020, 07:59:34 am »

She returns his puzzled stare. "I do not. I know of extermination, obliteration unto dust, and the yawning abysses of both sea and mind, but I am not familiar with this nothing-beyond-nothing. It does sound rather wasteful and boring."

'Yes. It is.'

The Emperor's arrival distracts Qu from continuing the conversation. He bows his head low for the master of this plane and stares at his companion with his eyes wide.

Koaring cannot tell for sure, but for the briefest moment he feels as if The Emperor is glancing at him from under the golden mask. "I do apologize if my gaudy entrance and choice of companion was a tad distasteful. Oftentimes students are sent to me for protection as much as they are for education. On the off chance one of my charges is being hunted or chased, a show of power oftentimes puts them at ease. There is very little that can pose a threat to my domain or those upon it."

Qu cannot help but get the feeling that the emperor is speaking of him.

At the Emperor's words, directed him or not, Qu's posture seems to relax a touch more. Only a touch. Shows of power can just as well be taken as challenges, well-defended bastions as something to be cracked open.

He nods at the god's comment on the nameless god. It seems a broken thing, deserving of compassion and guidance. Qu gives the strange godling a long look. He would endeavor to help it in the ages to come.

'Great One, I... I am not certain what those who sponsored me said, but I would learn of creation. I will restore what has been lost or create anew where there is nothing. I do not know for sure what is to become of me, but this is what I wish to strive for.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 09:49:10 am »

Koaring struggles with the Emperor's question; his life so far has had little direction. At last he speaks: "My new follower, Qīzi, refuses to abandon her village even though her former god has abandoned her. I would not have it said of me that any mortal is stronger in faithfulness toward my people. Therefore I would make of my lands a fortress against despair. I do not know how long anything work of mine may endure against the whims of future students, but I wish to so construct it that even if its power fades away and is replaced, it will never fail and turn against those whom it serves."

Knowing the Emperor can hear his thoughts, he adds in his own mind, If it be permitted, Majesty, I would seek to bring some portion of my followers with me when I leave this plane. I do not ask this as a boon, but as a challenge for myself to discover the method.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »

At the Emperor's words, directed him or not, Qu's posture seems to relax a touch more. Only a touch. Shows of power can just as well be taken as challenges, well-defended bastions as something to be cracked open.

He nods at the god's comment on the nameless god. It seems a broken thing, deserving of compassion and guidance. Qu gives the strange godling a long look. He would endeavor to help it in the ages to come.

'Great One, I... I am not certain what those who sponsored me said, but I would learn of creation. I will restore what has been lost or create anew where there is nothing. I do not know for sure what is to become of me, but this is what I wish to strive for.'

The emperor offers a light, friendly, hum before speaking. "A most worthy goal. We might well find you a realm to tend to should you meet it. I keep in touch with a handful of benevolent yet warlike students who are more interested in reclaiming realms from evil than rebuilding them."

Koaring struggles with the Emperor's question; his life so far has had little direction. At last he speaks: "My new follower, Qīzi, refuses to abandon her village even though her former god has abandoned her. I would not have it said of me that any mortal is stronger in faithfulness toward my people. Therefore I would make of my lands a fortress against despair. I do not know how long anything work of mine may endure against the whims of future students, but I wish to so construct it that even if its power fades away and is replaced, it will never fail and turn against those whom it serves."

Knowing the Emperor can hear his thoughts, he adds in his own mind, If it be permitted, Majesty, I would seek to bring some portion of my followers with me when I leave this plane. I do not ask this as a boon, but as a challenge for myself to discover the method.

The Emperor of Scholars gives a low chuckle. "I wouldn't worry too much about being shown up by a mortal... but measuring yourself against your fellow students, both present and future? Well we do appreciate the spirit of competition here. Freshmen, such as yourself, generally receive some measure of protection against unprovoked aggression from more experienced students. Someone will go over the rules governing inter-student engagements in more depth once I take you to the Academy.  As for your fortress against despair, I'm curious to see how long it might hold."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2020, 06:19:22 pm »

He leans back in his chair, and grabs a glass of wine from the banquet. Rather than drink it through his mask, he slowly assimilates it into his being in such a fashion that you can see the level of liquid slowly drain from the cup. "I have reviewed the applications that each of your sponsors have sent to me before admitting you all to the academy, but I have not heard from any of you yet. Do any of you have any goals for your time in my care aside from 'graduate'?"

Elbakaepsnu takes notices of all who speaks to their his being of inevitable power that resided in this universal construction, intrigued on how this individual is wholesome with the constraints on his power yet is humble with power, and than Elba takes the stages and announces his presence to the Emperor with flattering tone to instill a beneficial relationship between the god who maintains the school that he shall reside at in the following milennias

”Avavaen hiine grace”. Elba uses this time to notion his words in his eldritch tongue to state “Your Grace” to the emperor. ”If we are to speak about our main objectives while residing in such a glorious palace such as the one that you have crafted with refined taste, mine is simple if often complex due to the framework that I shall plan. I shall make the plane of Qiángdà understand the meaning of obedience and authority, the mortals, powerful monsters, and civilizations of the world shall become grateful for having a newly established order and regimented of the realms, establishing a society that is not authorities or permissive to the gods who can quake their entire world, but rather authoritative, a efficient voice for these people to respect and command. As well, to create and command new regiments of forces, strategy, and plotting to understand the best way to approach situations many would consider impossible to defeat with a complex and creative mind to approach situations, to understand the feelings of betrayal, alliances, and trust between others to how to manipulate the agreements and conflicts between gods, for me to be on the better end of things.”

The emperor offers a light, friendly, hum before speaking. ”A most worthy goal. We might well find you a realm to tend to should you meet it. I keep in touch with a handful of benevolent yet warlike students who are more interested in reclaiming realms from evil than rebuilding them."

”Your wisdom as a god is unfathomable to the lesser entities that are us Avavaen hiine grace, and I to improve at my own goals and own abilities I shall desire and achieve to meet the more senior students more acclimated with the complex affairs such as the efforts of reclamation, fighting being of pure enemy that rival our godly power, and more. Understanding the time of how your experienced students, will reside in me how to spend my efforts to full fruition.”

“As for one last investigation of mine is of the very what makes you, Emperor. You are the most powerful and intelligent entities in this very construction of a room, one must consider especially of the more human personification of gods, is that of emotionality and attachment. As omniscient and primordial gods come to existence, to my own assumption it results in these beings becoming more abstract and subtle in their affairs, gods become less like individuals who you can converse with but just the force of the universe balancing the cosmos and such, the fact that you have access to this type of power yet still converse with lesser gods, shows a form of compassion and humility that should be commended.”

He waves a hand idly, before addressing the other students. “The people who sent this one here messed with its memory. A rather unforgivable offense that I think I'll send some divine warfare or advanced devilry students to punish at a later date... Regardless, in spite of its potential, this one has nothing. Not even a name. I trust that as its classmates, you look after it, and don't exploit or abuse it too much before it has a better idea of what is going on."

”We share the same sagas with each other as well as the same corresponding on the same region of mortals, don’t worry this blankness entity that refers itself as [null] will be under my thousands of eyes of gazes, making sure it fully develops to a powerful god before more advanced interactions are to happen to it, in a way I shall be the eye sentinel of this deity in a manner of thinking.”

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2020, 06:41:47 pm »

The Emperor of Scholars gives a low chuckle. "I wouldn't worry too much about being shown up by a mortal... but measuring yourself against your fellow students, both present and future? Well we do appreciate the spirit of competition here. Freshmen, such as yourself, generally receive some measure of protection against unprovoked aggression from more experienced students. Someone will go over the rules governing inter-student engagements in more depth once I take you to the Academy.  As for your fortress against despair, I'm curious to see how long it might hold."

Koaring blushes; 'fortress' had been the first word to mind and now he feels obliged to stick with it. "My follower is partly inspired by The Warriors of Light from terms past. I intend to outdo their record, at the very least."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2020, 07:09:55 pm »

[null] steps away from Elba and, if they are not toward Elba, toward Koaring.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2020, 07:12:00 pm »

Koaring blushes; 'fortress' had been the first word to mind and now he feels obliged to stick with it. "My follower is partly inspired by The Warriors of Light from terms past. I intend to outdo their record, at the very least."

The Emperor offers a slight shake of his head. "Not a hard record to outdo. The Warriors of Light, as a true force upon the realm, was more or less over as soon as the goddess that created them graduated and left. She took most of them away with her, leaving only the weak and corrupt behind. Now all that is left are a few isolated temples, and the name and legacy which is primarily fought over by groups such as The Witch Hunter's guild who would use it for profit."

Elbakaepsnu takes notices of all who speaks to their his being of inevitable power that resided in this universal construction, intrigued on how this individual is wholesome with the constraints on his power yet is humble with power, and than Elba takes the stages and announces his presence to the Emperor with flattering tone to instill a beneficial relationship between the god who maintains the school that he shall reside at in the following milennias

”Avavaen hiine grace”. Elba uses this time to notion his words in his eldritch tongue to state “Your Grace” to the emperor. ”If we are to speak about our main objectives while residing in such a glorious palace such as the one that you have crafted with refined taste, mine is simple if often complex due to the framework that I shall plan. I shall make the plane of Qiángdà understand the meaning of obedience and authority, the mortals, powerful monsters, and civilizations of the world shall become grateful for having a newly established order and regimented of the realms, establishing a society that is not authorities or permissive to the gods who can quake their entire world, but rather authoritative, a efficient voice for these people to respect and command. As well, to create and command new regiments of forces, strategy, and plotting to understand the best way to approach situations many would consider impossible to defeat with a complex and creative mind to approach situations, to understand the feelings of betrayal, alliances, and trust between others to how to manipulate the agreements and conflicts between gods, for me to be on the better end of things.”

Elba feels the gaze of the Emperor upon him from beneath the mask. "So more interested in the administrative and political aspects of goodhood are you? I wont lie. Divine politics may not be the easiest path for you to walk. I know many gods who would want nothing to do with one of your origin. But I have a feeling that you will prove that attitude to be their loss."

”Your wisdom as a god is unfathomable to the lesser entities that are us Avavaen hiine grace, and I to improve at my own goals and own abilities I shall desire and achieve to meet the more senior students more acclimated with the complex affairs such as the efforts of reclamation, fighting being of pure enemy that rival our godly power, and more. Understanding the time of how your experienced students, will reside in me how to spend my efforts to full fruition.”

“As for one last investigation of mine is of the very what makes you, Emperor. You are the most powerful and intelligent entities in this very construction of a room, one must consider especially of the more human personification of gods, is that of emotionality and attachment. As omniscient and primordial gods come to existence, to my own assumption it results in these beings becoming more abstract and subtle in their affairs, gods become less like individuals who you can converse with but just the force of the universe balancing the cosmos and such, the fact that you have access to this type of power yet still converse with lesser gods, shows a form of compassion and humility that should be commended.”

"Some gods do forsake the study of social graces in the pursuit of greater power." The emperor explains, "that is a shortcut which I do not practice nor endorse. A god that becomes little more than an extension of natural law, is predictable, and therefore often vulnerable."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2020, 03:03:43 am »

Eventually the feast concludes, with everybody (well everyone who eats) having eaten their fill. "Come," the emperor declares, "let us go to the Academy!"

With a snap of the emperor's gloved fingers, the table, chairs, and food before you dissolves into ash and dust. The ceiling above you opens up like a set of swinging doors, revealing the night sky, and the carpet below your feet rises into the air. Once clear of manor, the large carpet, and all its occupants, lurches foward. Unlike Shizi's flight, which was slow enough to enjoy, The Emperor's carpet moves fast enough that even a god cannot help but find the experience a bit scary; It is almost as if the land below and air around you is yielding to the Emperor's will and moving you faster than the laws of physics here would otherwise allow.

Within a matter of seconds, the carpet stops. It is now daytime. About noon. Before you sits a large, pristine, and crystal blue lake. At the center of the lake is a mountainous island that belches thick black smoke. "The body of water is called Lake Línshí. It is enchanted to be particularly responsive to divine energies, so new students such as yourself may enjoy relative ease when experimenting with life. To prevent you from using the lake as a crutch long term, note the island. It is called The Zhùdìng Funnel. From time to time, school administration will cause it to detonate, spewing molten rock that is not only destructively hot, but cursed to snuff out any non-divine sentient being it comes in contact with. Students will be given at least an age of notice before such an eruption takes place."

The carpet moves slowly toward the volcanic island as The Emperor continues to talk. "The Zhùdìng Funnel also serves as gateway to The Academy Grounds. To reach the school, you must pass through the magma chamber. A god or goddess acclimated to the local laws of time and fate, as well as any being holding their hand, may pass through the magma unharmed."

To demonstrait The Emperor's point, the carpet swings down into The Magma. To you it has the consistency of watery jelly, is cool to the touch, and impedes neither your senses nor your ability to breath. After a few moments, the carpet clears the magma, and you all find yourselves in a shaft with rock walls about as wide as a mountain. As far as you can see, there is no bottom. The walls are smooth, but blemished with the occaisional tunnel entrance, many of which have wooden or metal docks jutting out of them. "There are many wonders on the academy grounds, but you will be given directions only to your own class' chambers, the student services compound, this exit shaft, and the locations where any of your classes are taught. Further exploration is optional but highly recommended. This campus is constantly expanding. Each time a new class arrives, new chambers are prepared for them. When that class graduates, their chambers are left empty for future students and staff to fill as they see fit."

The Carpet slows, and approaches one of the docks jutting out from a tunnel on the wall. Upon the docks waits a woman almost identical to the cast from bronze concubine that was hanging from The Emperor's arm when he was first introduced. Her flesh, however, is cast from silver, and she wears the robes of a distinguished scholar rather than those of a lowly concubine. You can also sense that she slightly more powerful than the already impressive bronze figure.

The Carpet comes to a stop. "This is where I leave you for now. But first, I would like to introduce you to Professor Yínfà." The mighty Silver woman offers a slight bow. "As most of you are signed up for her entry level course on divine miracles, she has been selected for the honor of becoming your homeroom instructor. For this first term, until you elect a prefect, she will be in charge of your class, and she will meet with you to discuss school matters at least once a term for the duration of your time here."

You disembark the carpet, and Professor Yínfà leads you down the dock and into the surprisingly well lit tunnels. You walk for several minutes, making several sharp turns, and crossing several flights of stairs both going up and down. Eventually you reach a large six sided chamber with walls made from the same Silver as Professor Yínfà. Upon five of the are doors, and you note that each door is perfectly sized and shaped for you or one of your classmates. Along the sixth wall is a large stone throne sitting upon an equally large box crafted from what appears to be adamantine, a material so tough that even gods cannot easily break it. The center of the room is a large pit.

Professor Yínfà clears her throat, and speaks in a voice that is both silky and elegant...

Term 17010, Age 1:

Saga of the Rat -

"Welcome to homeroom. As the Headmaster stated I am Professor Yínfà. We have four items on the agenda today. First, I must post the class schedule..."

The professor gives her hand an elegant wave, and a large sheet with class information appears upon the wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After giving you all a moment to read the poster, the professor speaks again. "Next I must distribute these. You may fill them out and return them to either myself or the Appeals Office at Student Services if you see fit to do so." she declares, before handing out a paper form to each of you. The form states that each student is entitled to have their personal chambers decorated and presented however they wish. It fields two questions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As soon as you finish reading the forms, Professor Yínfà places something else in your hands, a thin but elegantly bound tome titled Student Handbook (See the second post on this thread. The rules there are included in this handbook)

"Our third order of business here is for me to distribute these handbooks. Our fourth order of business is for me to field your questions regarding these handbooks or anything else on your mind. Please take your time. I will wait for you to read."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2020, 08:30:23 am »

[null] takes the chamber form, reads it over carefully, and writes:

1. I would like it to snow.

2. I am unsure what I would like to construct, but I want to make something. I would like access to wood, metal, stone, and other raw materials, as well as one of every tool you have available.

The questions follow.

What is an observatory? What about a shipyard? Can you get your Miracles from the bank whenever you want? Does rule four mean we can’t attack our classmates yet?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:13:37 pm by Glass »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2020, 12:49:13 pm »

Koaring looks over the schedule and sees that he will not be alone in either of his classes with great satisfaction. Although, he does not share anything with Elbakaepsnu, who is the classmate Koaring feels most keen to see at work at the moment. When he receives the student handbook, he compares the list of saga effects against his schedule and sees that his classes will be held at exactly the times most effective for the first few ideas he had regarding his mortal followers. He smiles wryly and chuckles to himself, thinking that this proves his coursework is a good fit for his personality. Unfortunately it seems unlikely that he could bend the rules of time by using the handbook alone as justification for doing something during the Saga of the Ox "against the advice of others."

Room Decoration

1. I would like my room to be decorated with a forest bower theme in three parts. First, a sitting and study area with table/desk, chairs or similar to receive two guests, and small waterfall at hand from which to serve light refreshments. Second, an extra large bed and several sizes of pillow, all covered in fine furs. Third, slightly partitioned from the rest a private crafting bench. No specific tools are requested at this time, beyond those appropriate to part 2.

2. I would like to craft a personal lockbox for precious items and discovered materials I might not wish to share with my class. The ideal material would be a strong metal or stone with slight preserving properties, such as innate refrigeration.

To Professor Yínfà

What is an observatory? What about a shipyard? Can you get your Miracles from the bank whenever you want? The Complete Victory roll system doesn’t look like it’s right to me. What is a GM, and why would it be writing for people? Does rule four mean we can’t attack our classmates yet? Why is everyone referred to as a character?

Again the unnamed god's questions are insightful, even if some of them question the handbook on premises Koaring had never even acknowledged as premises before. Perhaps the golem's (if that were an accurate description) strange history had primed it to see all situations at a skew.

"Professor, the section on Actors and the section on the Prefect's Throne both refer to a 'month' as a unit of time. I'd like clarification on how that correlates to Ages and Sagas."

To the other Students

"I see that we have four open rooms available; among five students we can either fight over them or share them. There are certain ideas which may make our lives simpler, such as building a common workshop or forge that needs only one or two complete sets of tools to serve us all in turns. Another obvious candidate would be to improve our common storage with better methods of preserving volatile resources than an open pit."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:51:02 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2020, 12:54:07 pm »

[null] takes the chamber form, reads it over carefully, and writes:

1. I would like it to snow.

2. I am unsure what I would like to construct, but I want to make something. I would like access to wood, metal, stone, and other raw materials, as well as one of every tool you have available.

The questions follow.

What is an observatory? What about a shipyard? Can you get your Miracles from the bank whenever you want?

"An observatory and a shipyard are both types of location," The professor explains kindly, "the former is where things, often things in the distant sky, are observed, although I believe the one your classmate will be using as a classroom is more a tool for observing the mortal world. The latter is where vessels that travel on the air or water are constructed and sometimes stored. As for the Miracle Bank, withdrawl is generally not possible. The point of it to give The Prefect a large pool of miracles to work with when dealing with issues that affect the entire class, not to grant individual students the ability to save their divine energy for later personal use."

To Professor Yínfà

What is an observatory? What about a shipyard? Can you get your Miracles from the bank whenever you want? The Complete Victory roll system doesn’t look like it’s right to me. What is a GM, and why would it be writing for people? Does rule four mean we can’t attack our classmates yet? Why is everyone referred to as a character?

Again the unnamed god's questions are insightful, even if some of them question the handbook on premises Koaring had never even acknowledged as premises before. Perhaps the golem's (if that were an accurate description) strange history had primed it to see all situations at a skew.

"Professor, the section on Actors and the section on the Prefect's Throne both refer to a 'month' as a unit of time. I'd like clarification on how that correlates to Ages and Sagas."

To the other Students

"I see that we have four open rooms available; among five students we can either fight over them or share them. There are certain ideas which may make our lives simpler, such as building a common workshop or forge that needs only one or two complete sets of tools to serve us all in turns. Another obvious candidate would be to improve our common storage with better methods of preserving volatile resources than an open pit."

Oops. Month = Age. Rules are adapted from an old game where Months were a thing. The 4 open rooms on the rules post are different from the five personal chambers. You all get personal space. Should have been a bit more clear on that.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2020, 01:00:34 pm »

((I understood that we all have personal space. My character is – maybe prematurely, that seems to be a habit of mine – making suggestions that we find a common use(s) for the other empty rooms, in case it might factor into anyone's personal room plans. He's hedging his bets by getting a personal work space even while he suggest a shared one, so maybe it won't.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13