Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9561 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2020, 04:00:49 am »

I changed my vote.
Quote from: VoteyBox
Equipment:
Metamaterial Infiltration Suit: (0)

Training:
Telekinetic Force Push and Leap Technique for Gloria: (4) ConscriptFive, SC777, NG1999, King Zultan
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2020, 05:11:14 pm »

Getting the newby some training time? Doesn't sound like anything too difficult. She should be able to deploy while training. I'm sure your old comrade will be a great inspiration to our rookie.

Gloria spends her evenings training with Master Mentala. In addition to his expertise, his abilities come in to play as he animates training dummies, targets, and the occasional junker creating a realistic and practical "simulation" for Gloria to respond to. Her abilities line up well with the "Push" skill, her colleagues have previously described her as a "psychic grenade" capable of impressive output but little fine manipulation. By the end of the training regiment, she is capable of pushing back speeding cars and knocking down multiple human targets in close proximity with controlled lethality. It is also capable of picking out a single target in a crowd, so long as it has enough room to push the target back. It is considered line-of-sight, but is also capable of pushing loose cover into whoever is hiding behind it.

Consequently the "Leap" skill start out as more of a "psychic rocket jump". On more than one occasion Mentala had to prevent an unplanned dive into the lake at near terminal velocity. Her leaps have improved as her overall control improves, but the concentration required to perform it and walk away afterwords is still difficult for Gloria to master. She is capable of performing one Leap safely, with impressive horizontal and vertical distance, but will need time to catch her breath after hitting the ground.

Red phone is ringing, Chief. You know what that means? Its time to handle your first Disaster. Its a big one too. A couple of guys from NextGen are holing up in a hotel taking as many hostages as they can. One of those big, towery hotels up-town. District 2 picked up a couple of big name NextGen members in a recent raid. Now these guys are making a fuss trying to get them released, the type of fuss that'll end in a lot of bodies if we don't put a stop to them quickly. We've got their demands, 'release the three executives', but no direct threats to the hostages yet. I'm sure you've dealt with them before, but I'll restate the facts just for procedure sake. They're something between a Super-supremacist gang and a terrorist organization. The type of people who think you're more of a person just because you can lift a car over your head. As a consequence, all their members are power users. Usually with the type of powers that come with a sense of superiority. They're not usually trained in using them, but with a bunch of hostages around that could just make the situation worse. They'll have normal weapons too, unless they're incredibly confident in their powers. Only bright side is that their numbers tend to be low.

We've already got some media converge. Expect some vigilantes on sight at any moment. It is time for Deployment.

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leads and Clues (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2020, 05:42:31 pm »

Whilst I'd kinda like to throw a load of AJs at the hotel to rub in it their face that you don't need powers, we should probably put Supers on this one.

Specifically, here's my suggestion:

Morgan, Gloria and Abyss, plus Jack handling the three Drones attends the Hostage Crisis.

King Investigates the Biolab Break-in.

Ace Investigates the Butterfly Thief robberies.

Queen investigates the Car Jacker.

Dart patrols the streets.

We need to throw most of our weight at this Hostage Situation, but this plan still gives some attention to each of our current cases. Meanwhile we put Dart to work doing what he's already been doing as a vigilante: Cruise the streets and deal with crimes as they happen.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2020, 02:11:30 am »

Slightly Edited Plan
Morgan, Gloria and Abyss, plus Jack handling two of the Drones attends the Hostage Crisis.

King and Queen Investigates the Biolab Break-in. Queen gets EB-1 (1x) Drone Duty

Ace Investigates the Butterfly Thief robberies.

Dart patrols the streets.

I don't think sending AJs by themselves for investigation is the best idea, even if two trained martial artists with Glocks could defeat a panther, it’s likely one sent to a Super-Strong or minion swarmer super will not have enough support and get their back broke on the field. At least for the Biolab, they should get support of an AJ with Drone, more support should be allocated here, and if the SuperStrong super acts up, at least we have a Flash Vs Rhino fight? We don’t know the super of Butterfly, so I think sending a single investigator will be able to handle himself, doesn’t seem too dangerous as of yet.

I think the two question I have directed at @Stirk are, didn’t we capture a large cat precious, have we gotten a chance to “interrogate” the creature yet or even some form of autopsy report?, maybe the creature can speak English or something!. As well can AJs on the field effectively manage two EB-1 Drone or more simultaneously, without reducing their scouting effectiveness?

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2020, 11:25:20 am »

Ok, so the hostage situation is the obvious priority we can't afford to screw up.  The some of the other three leads could be backburner'd better than others.  Here's a breakdown.

Hotel Hostage Crisis:
Three interesting details here: they're ideological terrorists with demands, vigilantes on 'site,' and it's a high-rise.  Normally all of those are generally bad, but we can work with that.
1.  Ideological terrorists love nothing more than to rant about ideological bullshit.  We can exploit that to drag out 'negotiations' to allow thorough recon and distract them from maneuvering assaulters.
2.  Plenty of loose cannon potential with other supers on 'site.'  Rein them in immediately and see if there's anything we can use.  If not, 'thank them for their service' and instruct them to help keep the cordon secure.
3.  High-rises are traditionally a nightmare to deal with tactically.  Assaulting high ground is never easy.  Luckily we have several flying drones and a super who can now leap tall buildings in a single bound.  It's doubtful they'd guard the roof, and if we keep the suspects sufficiently distracted with negotiations and ground activity, Gloria can probably leap there from a nearby rooftop unnoticed long enough to catch her breath.  If we have to assault, she can now flank from an upper-floor ingress they wouldn't expect.

As for general assault strategies, Abyss could pull his blackout maneuver to disorient the suspects, and Gloria can look to push them out windows and balconies.  Falling several stories onto a street overwatched by armed uniform police seems like a surrender or die situation for a low-level super.  If there's any uniformed SWAT available or worthwhile vigilantes, get them involved as appropriate.  Otherwise, we're asking a lot from our supers in a lethal situation, so we need at least one AJ to assault with Abyss from the ground.  If Dart is free on patrol, he can use his speed to respond quickly if needed.  Unless they impede super-power use, now's the time to break out the longarms and body armor.

(Resources: Gloria, Abyss, 1 AJ, 1 Drone)

Biolab Break-in:
As I talked about earlier, we captured a technologically enhanced live specimen.  I'm assuming we have a coroner to do the bulk of the medical investigation, but we need somebody with STEM-skills to really exploit this.  Morgan seems more electromechanical-oriented than biotech, but might be able to help out the coroner.  Furthermore, the metallic implants and electronic headband are totally her domain, and she should be able to prepare specialized countermeasures or even a hot lead after thoroughly probing them.  She should try to avoid dangerous field-work, but call on Dart as backup if needed.

(Resources: Morgan)

Butterfly Thief:
Kinda going nowhere fast on this one, but luckily nothing too ominous so far.  We'll send an AJ with a Drone backup to retrieve and investigate the footage.  Just like with Morgan, he's rolling out pretty light, so don't take any unnecessary risks and call for backup if needed.

(Resource: 1 AJ, 1 Drone)

Carjacker:
This guy is getting pretty dangerous flinging cars around and we need to keep him in check before he kills somebody.  We'll assign the last two AJ's and drone to try to locate and disrupt his activities.  They'd probably need a super like Dart to actually take him down though.

(Resource: 2 AJ's, 1 Drone)

Patrol/QRF:
Dart... and only Dart...  So thing is, by having him roll solo on this, he doesn't get held back by anybody when he needs to get to the opposite side of town in three seconds.  He's more a QRF for the other four cases than actually doing any policing though.

(Resource: Dart)

Quote from: Deployment Plan: Dart to the Rescue!
(see above for additional guidance)

Hotel Hostage Crisis: Gloria, Abyss, Ace, 1 Drone
Biolab Break-in: Morgan
Butterfly Thief: Jack, 1 Drone
Car Jacker: King & Queen, 1 Drone
Patrol/QRF: Dart

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:20:41 pm by ConscriptFive »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2020, 12:27:54 pm »

CUT

+1 I like the sound of this plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »

I don't like putting only two supers on the Hostage crisis. Tis why I suggested also putting Morgan in that team.

So long as our AJs are careful I believe they can do the majority of the investigatory work solo, allowing us to put a bit of work into each lead.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2020, 01:19:31 pm »

I think the two question I have directed at @Stirk are, didn’t we capture a large cat precious, have we gotten a chance to “interrogate” the creature yet or even some form of autopsy report?, maybe the creature can speak English or something!. As well can AJs on the field effectively manage two EB-1 Drone or more simultaneously, without reducing their scouting effectiveness?

We have captured the Panther and its equipment from the last Investigation. It seems to be on the higher end of animal intelligence and has been declared non-sapient, but further investigation is the purview if an Investigation action. Said investigation will likely be done by our forensics lab barring relevantly skilled Hero appointment.

AJs can operate one EB-1 drone effectively at a time. They are capable of setting one drone to hover and switching to another drone, but can only direct the flight of one at a time. They may take video and data feed from multiple drones at once effectively.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2020, 02:46:55 pm »

They say a good game is a series of tough but interesting decisions.

We just don't have the manpower to comprehensively cover every lead, but if we can pitch to the GM how to cleverly use what limited resources we have, it could work.

Abyss and Gloria's powers complement each other well as a one-two punch.  We got lucky with the opportunity flank vertically with a leap on a multi-story building.  But if we send Dart, it really leaves the other deployments vulnerable without backup.  But if we send Morgan, we prevent the lab investigation from revealing anything fantastically interesting.  Backburner'ing the lab might not be the worst thing... unless we end up having to face down that supervillain next turn while missing key intelligence.

As for relying on AJs solo, we had two AJ's get ambushed by the big cats on what looked like a relatively safe investigation last turn.  They survived only because of Team Cohesion.  I'm banking that an expendable drone and Dart on backup will save lives if things get ugly.

You're not wrong, I think it's just the best way to economize on the hostage mission without completely short-changing every other deployment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2020, 09:19:21 am »

CUT

+1 I like the sound of this plan.
+1 Whelp we got to keep the game moving, seems good for what we intend for our current situation.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2020, 07:19:37 pm »

Hotel Hostage Crisis

Our three-man team arrives on-sight to a perimeter secured by a variety of small animals. A group of squirrels and mice formed a handy "Do not Cross" line while a flock of birds kept watch from every relatively tall object in the area. This is likely the work of "Princess", a vigilante known for having control over wildlife. With the assembled urban militia, they're probably mostly for observation and crowd control. They can probably swarm anyone trying to escape (and move forward to gently harass any rubberneckers trying to form a crowd), but we shouldn't expect them to bring down any terrorist on their own. A group of news vehicles - including two helicopters- gathers right outside of their harassment range regardless.

We've come equipped with SWAT gear as the Chief mandated - a P90 for Ace, MP5 for Gloria, and an AR-15 for Abyss with hard armor for everyone. Ace begins to activate the drone while making contact with the terrorists using a number painted on a cardboard cutout in one of the windows. After three rings a NextGen member picks up the phone and makes their first demand:

"Show us your powers"

before hanging up. It is unlikely this is an ideological demand, they are most likely sizing up the enemy. There are several Power users who can control minds using verbal suggestions over the phone. Checking to make sure that you won't be immediately shutdown by the negotiation process is an obvious move. To this moment our men have avoided revealing themselves, with Gloria splitting off to climb a nearby building for her upper-floor infiltration. Ace and Abyss have stayed out of sight (and gun range) by ducking behind a nearby building using the drone to observe the scene. Ace nods to Abyss. With a gesture, the "bat signal" appears on a building across from the hotel as a thick shadow in the middle of the day. Immediately thereafter the flock of patrolling birds moves to form the same shape, before returning to their posts.

Our phone rings. Ace picks up.

"Try anything funny and the hostages die. Identify yourselves..."

Ace gives him the non-codename for himself and Abyss. As per the plan, he attempts to gain time by allowing the enemy to rant. This proves difficult, it seems like NextGen picked one of their more level-headed members for the negotiator. He brushes off all non-business talk while making demands. Shifting the plan for the new expectations, Ace stalls in a businesslike manner by asking for clarification, providing additional questions or offering additional information, and calling District 2 for more information. It doesn't buy a lot of time, but it is enough to perform recon and get Gloria in place.

It seems like a team of 4, split up on different floors throughout the building. All the windows are curtained over throughout the hotel - but we are capable of piercing the thin sheets with several of the Drone's senors. The largest group is in the penthouse on the top floor. Second largest group is in what appears to be a gym. Last two just shoved the hostages into a normal room. A couple of people hiding elsewhere, but we can reasonably expect these to be civilians desperately trying to avoid becoming hostages. In most cases it is easy to tell who the NextGen member is, given they're standing up while the hostages are on the ground - but everyone seems to be standing in the penthouse.

Gloria manages to get into position, make the leap of faith, and stick the landing while Ace keeps the terrorists distracted...but as she lands Ace hears the concerning sound of the businesslike man on the other side of the phone shouting profanities at the top of his voice before the phone itself hits the ground with a crash of glass. From the drone's sensors we can see the targets making hostile movements. Ace shouts the order to begin the assault.

Dart is on scene so fast enough he might as well been there the whole time, but Abyss is the first to act. He has trouble utilizing his powers in an area that he can't see, mitigated by using the drone data and aiming for entire rooms. Fortunately enough the fact that the NextGen goons had covered every window in the building meant the building was filled with darkness giving him plenty of material to work with. Unfortunately enough the rooms where crowded enough that we can't count on a sudden darkness to buy us much time - and they knew about his powers from the demonstration earlier.

Almost immediately after the raid starts it turns into pure chaos. Gloria pushes her way into the penthouse to find dozens of hostages all running towards the windows like lemmings in an old movie. Immediately comprehending what is going on, she tries to knock them to the ground as gently as possible. When they immediately get up and return to their charge she gets progressively less gentle. Downstairs Dart charges ahead of Abyss and Ace towards the nearest room, poking his head into the target location and immediately pulling back to dodge the incoming hail of bullets. That one glance was enough to note the room had been wired with explosives tripped by a deadman's switch in the Nextgen member's hand even in the supernatural darkness. But the chaos came in from a series of explosions across the midpoint of the hotel. It seems the vigilantes have finally joined in on the raid.

In hindsight, it became clear Princess's minions where not just watching the NextGen members. They where also watching us. Her own 'drones' reported back everything we did, everything we said. That is probably how she was able to form the symbol as we did earlier. Her drones took our drone data and fed it to the Vigilantes. No opportunity to instruct them to stay out of it, or to offer advice. From what we saw it looks like in addition to Princess, there was Raid (Energy-blast), Shooting Star (Super-accuracy),  Metallica (Metal-control), and Knight (Cuts things). While not a team, they worked together for this assault. Taking the location of the targets from Princess (and indirectly us), Metallica constructed what was effectively a rocket powered by Raid's energy blasts. The team then got on said rocket and fired themselves at the hotel from a nearby building. Knight cut the projectile in half halfway there, Shooting Star aimed both halves towards a "safe" landing, and Raid made the building explode so they'd have somewhere to land safely. It was thus that the Vigilantes managed to assault midway up the building.

As you have probably noticed, Vigilantes tend to be an unstable, reckless bunch.

Back on our end, Dart made several attempts to get in a shot at the terrorist, each time being forced back by a hail of bullets despite the darkness. As we later confirmed this target was called "Farsight", he had a degree of ESP allowing him to see anything he wanted using a third eye on his forehead. With this ability he acted as a scout for the others. While he is unable to keep up with dart's movement, the extra time allotted by his ability effectively let him secure the door with no impediment from the localized darkness. Abyss and Ace caught up to Dart as he was in the middle of what was effectively a rope-a-dope strategy trying to get Farsight to run out of bullets. Abyss attempted to assist by increasing the darkness to no avail, while Ace pulled out the controls for the drone. A moment later it crashes through the room's window. In the instant Farsight turns toward his new enemy, Dart is in the door squeezing off a handful of shots. The detonator is in his hands before Farsight's body hits the floor.

Meanwhile Gloria is sweating with the effort of keeping a room full of people from killing themselves without harming any of them. She's been forced to continuously knock everyone to the ground, only for the last group she pushed over to get up and try again. Normally in this situation she was told if you take out the puppetmaster then everyone will be released...but there is nobody that clearly fits that description. He could be hiding in the crowd pretending to be his own victim. He could be hiding in the closet, or on a lower floor, or even in a separate building. It looks like his command was simple enough and they haven't tried to change tactics as of yet. She couldn't think of a way to find the puppetmaster - especially not when all her efforts where spent handling the puppets herself.

Then her eyes narrow. While contentiously Pushing with her left hand, she reaches for her gun with her right. She shouts out "FINALLY GOT YOU!" as she moves her gun into the ready position....

Nothing happens. Needless to say her fake-out gambit failed. She sighs and returns her full efforts to hostage defense, occasionally maneuvering the furniture to make the job easier.

Downstairs becomes a warzone. It is obvious that the vigilante's plan to protect the hostages began with immediately entering combat with NextGen. Of the targets one had the ability to control Ice, while the other had the ability to regenerate wounds nearly instantly. "Icecube" and "Unkillable" respectively, from what we're later told. This leads to a much flashier fight. Raid forces Icecube on the defensive before he can make some hostage-cicles, firing a series of beams blocked by walls of ice. Knight attacked from a different angle, slicing through Icecube's defenses as they regenerate themselves. Princess's woodland friends rescue the hostages from their bonds, then lead them to safety as the powerhouses slug it out around them. Icecube attempts to go on the offensive several times, his chill creeping up the floor towards the Vigilantes only to be pushed back by a series of beams or cuts from Knight's sword. Our floor squad arrives halfway through the fight. Dash and Ace look for openings finding very few, while Abyss concentrates the darkness in the room around the target's eyes. Unable to direct his defenses, he seals himself up in a ball of ice. Remembering their instructions, the group ends up pushing the now literal Icecube out of a hole cut by Knight. Unable to retaliate while blinded, he has no choice but to take a several-story dive towards the pavement crashing his defenses to pieces and leaving him in the hands of "I'm still holding this detonator" Dart, who promptly performs the arrest.

The third battle goes much more smoothly for the vigilantes. Even in the darkness Shooting Star has no trouble disarming the target with a bullet, following up with two to the kneecaps. Both wounds recover quick enough for the target to act, but without a weapon he is easily caught by Metallica and encased in what was formally 50% of a 'rocket'. The hostages are freed and leave with the group escorted by Princess.

Back in the penthouse Gloria is now breathing heavily from her constant efforts. Some of the hostages arn't getting up anymore, some are trying but clearly are too broken to make the trip. Her blasts are getting less controlled and more violent as she runs out of steam. Yet still dozens pick themselves up only to run toward their own destruction yet again. With no clear way to stop it she had no choice but to continue this pattern over and over and over. She grew more tired as the hostages showed no sign of fatigue themselves...no, there is one other person here showing fatigue. It was hard to notice in the darkness, but a frail looking young woman was breathing harder after the last push. Such a small thing was impossible to notice in the crowd. Now that it has thinned out a bit it is easier to see. Betting everything Gloria lets out the most violent Push of the day.

Everyone in the penthouse finally collapses.

Metallica later uses his powers to safely disarm the explosives present in the building. All four targets have been taken into custody, one is in critical condition from gunshot wounds. Thirty hostages report injuries ranging from bruises to broken bones, but there are no fatalities. Property destruction was mostly limited to the hotel.

DISASTER AVERTED

Biolab Break-in
As reported before, the specimen was determined to be on the upper-end of animal intelligence allowing for more invasive procedures under Morgan's watch. She starts off investigation the metallic parts she is more familiar with. She describes the prosthetics as incredibly primitive, essentially being lumps of metal placed at the end of the limbs and mouth. They're apparently weapons more than anything, simply in place to give the creature more killing power. She notes that the stolen data could likely lead to more advanced designs. The headband itself is also comparatively low tech. Exactly as we expected, the headband is used to give orders to the creature while the video camera lets whoever is giving the orders know what is going on. Morgan records the frequency utilized by the band and keeps it in the Drone server allowing us to track or jam it if we come across it in the future....assuming his powers don't prevent us from doing so. Given the video data from the lab break in, it is very possible he uses his powers rather than a tool to order his beasts around. If that is the case he might be able to flip things around and disable - or even takeover- our drone instead.

The Panther itself proves to be much more "high-tech". Its body is highly modified on a genetic level, in rather cutting-edge ways. Its strength levels are superhuman. It is intelligent enough to follow relatively complex orders and learn in the field. It seems to have redundant organs and the natural ability to ignore pain and fear. It appears resistant to disease and has increased telomeres theoretically leading to an extended lifespan. Its bones are dense enough to withstand damage. Its eyes are comparable to a hawk in all light conditions. It essentially took the frame of a Panther and rebuilt it from the ground up as a killing machine. Had this been a human specimen she wouldn't hesitate to call this a super-soldier project....'had it been a human' was her important note. It looks like the techniques the scientist used here would only work on big cats. Most of the stolen research in this field would only work on humans. As far as weaknesses go most are placed in upkeep. All that brain and muscle requires nutrients, more than a wild panther could hope to get. They'd need nutritional supplements in addition to larger than normal supplies of raw meat. Theoretically they should have a second weakness in their reliance on sound to receive orders, a loud enough environment could drown out their master's commands even if we arn't capable of jamming them. Otherwise they would be resistant to sonic or light based attacks, adapting quickly to each despite their sharp senses.

Butterfly Thief
Jack casually drives around collecting footage from the many, many locations visited by the butterfly thief. He then begins to review the many, many videos. In some cases the cameras focus on the merchandise itself, others spread throughout the store focusing on the customers. In the former case it is very clearly a power user who is the culprit. One moment the object is there, the next it replaced by a card. Unlike the biolab the video is unedited. It really is just getting replaced in real-time. In the second case, we see two general outlines. He seems to strike either when there is a heavy crowd in the store, or when the store is completely empty barring the employees. Those two extremes are when he acts, in cases there are only one or two people it seems like he waits until they leave before partaking in his theft. This naturally suggests that he doesn't have to be in the building to use his abilities, but is close enough in the area to see who is in them. His targets seem almost annoyingly random, hoping around to stores across town from one another within minutes and picking out lower-priced goods rather than the more expensive pieces of the same size right next to them. Given he apparently has the ability to use his powers to travel right after, he could probably clear out the stores regardless. It doesn't seem like he is doing something as crazy as stopping time either, the calling card seems to be part of his power.

After reviewing hours upon hours of footage, Jack is left with nobody appearing in a suspicious number of the videos and a long list of what was stolen. Given the amount and nature of the stolen objects, it is very likely that he may be attempting to resell them somewhere. Jack suggests investigating pawn shops and the like to see if any of the stolen objects have turned up.

Car Jacker

Queen attempts high-altitude surveillance utilizing the drone while King keeps watch and questions witnesses. His crimes seem like the simple type. He has super strength and wants money. So he uses that super strength to take money. His lack of subtlety is a big weakness in that regard, given how easy it is to locate his crimes. Fortunately just as subtle is a stolen sportscar parked in the poorer side of town, with fingerprints corresponding to an unsubtle super. It lacks subtly to the point someone can pick it out from a drone above the location and follow it around town if it decides to move. So that is what Queen did. Taking into account their order not to engage, they contend themselves with watching the culprit move himself around town and watching to see if he is making any trouble. The actual suspect seems to be much smaller than the carjacker, but you can't fool the drone's sensors. At least this guy can't. It appears that his powers change his own shape when in use. That is likely one of the causes of his unsubtlty, the assumption nobody will be able to recognize him with his powers off.

We have located the location of his home and are ready to make his arrest.

Patrol

While Dart's speed is a great asset when responding to emergency calls, he finds doing so himself incredibly awkward. Someone reported a break in. He showed up and made the arrest. Now he is stuck on foot with a burglar. Now they both have to walk back to wherever he left his patrol car at a handcuffed burglar speed and he's stuck escorting him until that's done with. Even back when he was doing vigilante work he could just tie the guy up and wait for the cops to show up. Despite his grumbling, he made one arrest for breaking and entering, responded to one OD, and performed an on-foot police escort before being called to the hostage situation.

No new incidents are otherwise reported.

We don't expect any new hires this time. That means we jump back into Equipment and Training. We had some minor equipment damage recently, we should be able to repair it without any issue for the time being. As per X-class precinct use-of-force guidelines everyone partaking in an officer-involved-shooting will undergo a mandatory psyche evaluation and be prescribed appropriate therapy based on those recommendations. Due to our practical reality and higher rate of violent crime passing through X-class, that'll be the end of it unless we end up gunning down the wrong guy or someone is having a hard time of things. I know you might be worried about Gloria's first big mission going a bit rough on her. It sounds like she is taking things well. Needless to say the veterans involved are all physiologically fine. Everyone should be able to deploy and train as per the usual schedule.

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leads and Clues (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2020, 01:25:43 am »

Whelp, I thought that was gonna go sideways at a few different points there. Well done team.

My first thought was a Self Driving Module for our cars, so Dart and others can happily abandon their vehicles as needed and call them back over. It would also allow us to deploy additional empty cars in a chase and the like. May not be possible, as our current Drones aren't particularly smart, and if it was was, we'd need Morgan on it.

Alternative is the EB-2 Drone. General improvements based on feedback from the team, plus smarter behaviours such as predefined flight paths, "follow that target" and basic hand gesture and voice command recognition.

Final option is working on our Supers. Gloria could get some Endurance training, Morgan could get leave to upgrade her suit, I'm sure Dart and Abyss have a few things they want to try...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2020, 09:21:13 am »

I like the sound of self driving cars, hopefully ours don't run people over.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2020, 09:30:47 am »

Wow, Gloria carried that harder than I expected.

As for this turn, looks like we're assaulting the Incredible Hulk carjacker and trying to locate the mad scientist with his big cats.  In terms of new gear/training, we should be able to handle the carjacker, but we probably need some specialty hardware for the mad scientist.  (We still don't know enough about the Butterfly Bandit to prescribe anything yet.)

Equipment: Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van
A refurbished vehicle from the Organized Crime Squad, the Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van is stakeout site on wheels that blends in seamlessly blends in as just another delivery van on the city streets.  After subpoena'ing several local telecom companies, it can clone any telephone number, allowing for real-time wiretaps or even spoofing.  Furthermore, it can lookup telephone service addresses for landlines or query what towers a cellular set is using for tracking purposes.  Call records (metadata) can also be rapidly queried for lead generation.
Able to track and intercept more than just telephones, the van includes a spectrum analyzer, software-defined radio, and a directional antenna.  The spectrum analyzer identifies what frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum are being used.  The software-defined radio can be tuned to listen to raw data from any of those frequencies.  The directional antenna can be rotated to locate specific signals.
Includes an SLR camera with telefoto lens, coffee-maker, and chemical toilet for extended stakeouts.

All of that is pretty standard big city law enforcement tech, and shouldn't need Morgan to put together.  The software-defined radio and directional antenna should locate the mad scientist this turn.  The undercover vehicle with wiretap and stakeout gear provides a versatile investigation solution for other cases.

If you guys want to tie down Morgan this turn, here's the Morgan-enhanced version...

Equipment: Self-Driving Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van with AI Assistant
A refurbished vehicle from the Organized Crime Squad, the Undercover Electronic Surveillance Van is stakeout site on wheels that blends in seamlessly blends in as just another delivery van on the city streets.  After subpoena'ing several local telecom companies, it can clone any telephone number, allowing for real-time wiretaps or even spoofing.  Furthermore, it can lookup telephone service addresses for landlines or query what towers a cellular set is using for tracking purposes.  Call records (metadata) can also be rapidly queried for lead generation.
Able to track and intercept more than just telephones, the van includes a spectrum analyzer, software-defined radio, and a directional antenna.  The spectrum analyzer identifies what frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum are being used.  The software-defined radio can be tuned to listen to raw data from any of those frequencies.  The directional antenna can be rotated to locate specific signals.
Morgan sank some of her wizardry into the van, and converted it to a self-driving model.   Furthermore, a sub-server to her drone server has been installed in back.  Beyond merely providing high-speed access to the Precinct network, it houses a basic AI assistant.  Although human supervision is highly recommended, the AI assistant can drive the van and operate the surveillance gear with mostly satisfactory results.
The 360 degree sensors required for self-driving provide an innate surveillance capability when archived by the sub-server.  An SLR camera with telefoto lens, coffee-maker, and chemical toilet allow for extended manned stakeouts.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:35:32 am by ConscriptFive »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »

Quote from: Kasyyk
EB-2 Drone. General improvements based on feedback from the team, plus smarter behaviours such as predefined flight paths, "follow that target" and basic hand gesture and voice command recognition.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9