Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9556 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« on: February 22, 2020, 03:17:02 pm »

Mornin' Chief. Its going to be weird calling you that. You're lucky they just stuck you with a desk job after what you pulled last week, but the city owes you waaaay to much to just fire you. Here is your coffee and today's paperwork. There is going to be a lot of both from here on out.

First up is restructuring and hiring. Our sector has five X-class precincts, and we have a limited hiring pool to share. Anyone you impress enough will definitely want to work with you over the others, but its been hard going pulling people out of the vigilante life. Your old sidekick fits that category, they'd probably rip their own arms off before letting the city transfer them to another precinct. Otherwise we ain't really in competition, but we have to share or the criminals will find our weak point and exploit it to hell and back.

Our last chief had a three-point organizing scheme. I'll use it just for the convenience, feel free to change things around if you think up a better system. First point is the "Average Joe". He changed this name around a lot, trying to come up with a way to say "Average Person" without making them sound powerless or making the supers sound like freaks. AJs are people who don't have any special powers, or have powers too weak to make a difference. This includes beat cops, detectives, SWAT-team members, and everything else that you can do without shooting lasers out of your eyes. Their performance depends on skill, equipment, training, and numbers... well that goes for everyone, but they rely on the "equipment" part a bit more than Supers. All the other precincts tend to underestimate AJs and they're pretty common hires, so we will usually have more of them than SKs or Heros. Sidekicks are the next class, people with some power that they have limited control over, or a power just barely strong enough to bring them out of AJ class. Their abilities give them a bit more options than AJs, and with time, experience, and training they'll grow stronger likely turning themselves into Heroes. Your old sidekick is one example of that, they're now a fine hero in their own right following in your footsteps. Sidekicks will need support in dangerous or difficult situations, unless they are particularly powerful and lucky. Last but certainly not least is the Heroes. Heroes are professional power users who know exactly what they're doing. They are idols to the public, often becoming icons to their location to the point permanent transfer from one precinct to another is incredibly difficult. Still they are very useful if you can manage it, or if you can pick up some "Freelancers" who work without government oversight. Their experience and abilities mean they excel at nearly any role given to them even outside of their specialties, which tend to be potent on their own. With you suck behind a desk we just have your old Sidekick for now. Come to think of it you still need to fill out their profile. They'd do it themselves, but we both figured you need to get used to filling out forms.

Former Sidekick Profile: (Suggest the Name, Powers, Backstory, etc).

After that we need to find out who else is going to be working with us. I've developed a "Point System" to estimate who we can get away with. With your name attached, we can probably spend 1000 points from the following list:

AJ: 100 Points Per Man
SK: "Gloria" (Telekinetic) 300 Points
SK: "Bulldozer" (Super-Strength) 300 Points
SK: "Gene/Generator" (Electricity Producer) 300 Points
SK: "Abyss" (Controls Darkness) 300 Points

Everyone else will go to one of the other precincts with no hard feelings. We should probably get that done to move on to the rest of today's business. If you have any questions about your new role, don't hesitate to ask.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 03:42:27 pm »

Darkness Control sounds like the best ways to deescalate a situation without collateral damage or casualties, so Abyss definitely sounds like a good choice. Depending on Gloria's precision, they could also be a good way to shut things down safely. Too little though, and all they'll be good for is demolition. Perhaps if we had some more detail for the Telekinetic?

Super-Strength, unless they come with the typical Secondary Powers isn't going to be much more useful than an AJ, whilst Gene sounds like excessive force in pretty much every situation.

So my suggestion would be "Abyss", "Gloria" and four AJs.

Now, about our sidekick. She's your standard "Turn into a Really Hard Material" type. She goes by "Bassault" cos she's made of black stone and she has an unhealthy obsession with puns. I picked her up one night a few years back when I was on a routine patrol of the dockside. Found her clobbering a couple of muggers who had picked the wrong target. I had to intervene before she accidentally killed one of them. Kid didn't know just how hard she could hit with a solid stone arm. Anyway, I taught her how to take a beating, and apply just the right amount of force to subdue an opponent. She's come a long way since then, and whilst she likes to joke that she'd be in a jail someone without me, I know of a few different incidents I wouldn't have walked away from without her.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 07:04:05 pm »

Darkness Control sounds like the best ways to deescalate a situation without collateral damage or casualties, so Abyss definitely sounds like a good choice. Depending on Gloria's precision, they could also be a good way to shut things down safely. Too little though, and all they'll be good for is demolition. Perhaps if we had some more detail for the Telekinetic?

Super-Strength, unless they come with the typical Secondary Powers isn't going to be much more useful than an AJ, whilst Gene sounds like excessive force in pretty much every situation.

So my suggestion would be "Abyss", "Gloria" and four AJs.

Now, about our sidekick. She's your standard "Turn into a Really Hard Material" type. She goes by "Bassault" cos she's made of black stone and she has an unhealthy obsession with puns. I picked her up one night a few years back when I was on a routine patrol of the dockside. Found her clobbering a couple of muggers who had picked the wrong target. I had to intervene before she accidentally killed one of them. Kid didn't know just how hard she could hit with a solid stone arm. Anyway, I taught her how to take a beating, and apply just the right amount of force to subdue an opponent. She's come a long way since then, and whilst she likes to joke that she'd be in a jail someone without me, I know of a few different incidents I wouldn't have walked away from without her.

From what they tell me, Gloria is a newbie who hasn't even chosen a codename yet. I'm not sure of her power's capabilities, but we can assume her control is currently limited by her own inexperience.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:44 pm »

How effective could or would a techie, gadgeteer, tinker Side Kick be? If we assumed that a super could be something like “hyper-intelligent” as for their super power as for this side kick, how high off the margin could they be so that their not heroic levels but still miles above the average human. Would they need to specialize in certain type of technology if they were to be created by magnetic, teleportation, space-time continuum manipulation, etc?

As well, if a gadgeteer (this being a side kick)  would say have a specialization in a certain type of technology field, I believe your intending some sort of R&D field for our AJs and so could such a individual help assist with the researching of such tasks?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 08:48:13 pm »

How effective could or would a techie, gadgeteer, tinker Side Kick be? If we assumed that a super could be something like “hyper-intelligent” as for their super power as for this side kick, how high off the margin could they be so that their not heroic levels but still miles above the average human. Would they need to specialize in certain type of technology if they were to be created by magnetic, teleportation, space-time continuum manipulation, etc?

As well, if a gadgeteer (this being a side kick)  would say have a specialization in a certain type of technology field, I believe your intending some sort of R&D field for our AJs and so could such a individual help assist with the researching of such tasks?

((The next phase will be Equipment and Training, which will allow you to develop and order equipment including gadgets. A tech-based Hero or Sidekick should be able to assist with creating the equipment, if you put that as their job rather the other jobs we're going over later. For the most part effective gear will be limited in how broadly applicable it is compared to superpowers, but we wouldn't need to hyper-focus our gadgeteers. A hypothetical genius Super would be able to assist with any kind of gadget. A Super isn't needed to create gadgets. High-tier powers like time manipulation would be difficult even with super-genius assistance.))

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 10:02:29 pm »

Can we assume that each of those AJs will be supported with complimentary military equipment, well really anyone for the missions or quests that we will be given with our suicide squad?

Now for the sidekick, I think a gadgeteer would be really beneficial to get some support gear for our squad to assist the heroes more effectively in whatever task we are given.

The side-kick we have is fondly named “Iconoclast”, and is a man from an asiatic background who lived in a too much disciplinary and strict family environment, that stunted his creativity growth, which resulted in him isolating from that place and transitioning into a unaffiliated programmer. His expertise in technical aptitude, being excellent at both software and hardware manipulation allowed him to pinpoint one of our previous hideouts and identity through also utilizing the dark web to garner such information, and thus garnering enough of our attentions to allow him join us and allowed us train his untapped mind to a superhuman level. Being familiar with a general amount of exotic and advanced technology, this allows him with the proper funding and support of his creative mind to built experimental and unique technologies more effectively with a distinct specialization in information gathering based  gadgets, which we have previous utilized and experimented with the success of previous missions as a aged hero. Now with the experience of being our personal tinkerer and tech support for our operations, and than leading a side business with the helping other superheroes finding the locations of villain’s hideouts and other things to help them for a financial benefit. Now he’s a tinkerer-for-hire more suited for a computer lab than a battlefield with a motivation to show his inventiveness nature to the world, and was hired to help us with the assistance of constructing new gadgets for our operatives.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 10:35:14 pm »

Can we assume that each of those AJs will be supported with complimentary military equipment, well really anyone for the missions or quests that we will be given with our suicide squad?

((You get standard police gear, you'll have to requisition military-grade equipment.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 07:18:23 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 11:59:21 am »

Former Sidekick:
Name: Tether
Powers: can turn air into strings, trapping people
Backstory: Tether gained a random power after doing an experiment with a company. At first she didn’t figure out what her power was, until she ended up surrounding someone with string after bumping into them

Hire “Abyss”

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 12:28:44 pm »

Okay. we all seem to agree on hiring Abyss.

I think we should give Gloria a shot. She's inexperienced, but that means she doesn't have any vigilante habits that need breaking, so hopefully we can mold her into a solid officer.

I wouldn't want to hire more than two Sidekicks, and no one else has suggested hiring the others, so we'll definitely be getting at least 4 AJs.

The old Teammate is a sticky issue though. I obviously prefer my own suggestion, but perhaps we can come to a compromise with some sort of Iron Man type? Gadgeteer who built their own Power Armour. I get someone who can just walk into a firefight and detain everyone and you guys get someone who knows how to make cool tech.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:26:31 am by Kashyyk »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 04:48:53 am »

Higher Gloria and Abyss.

Also +1 to the rip-off iron man idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 02:25:15 pm »

((I'll still need a full writeup of off-brand-iron-man if you end up going with that option))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 05:55:04 am »

Seems like a interesting hero game, so we need a brand ripoff of iron man now then?, maybe use the daughter first name as a base, and than try to make her power being of a super-engineer who has broke the code on making a power armor suit, that she can wear to battle but because she is just a Sidekick. No at-will propulsion system, AI-controlling the suit just finger-controlled and arm-mounted weapons, as well as no energy blasts. Seems within the realm of probability for this kind of individual? Would I have to specify her super-power any more, if the needs be I would.

Former Sidekick Nickname: “Morgan”
Powers: Super-intelligent gadgeteer/engineer
Background: Morgan was a heir and child to some corporate boss, and while she had the connections to become some well-known actress or musician, and generate a stream of revenue and be apart of the 1%, this was not the career path she desired but rather would want to become a chief engineer or the research lead of a newly created subsidized company that she would create by herself, or even the chief research company of her parent’s corporation. Eventually this led to her disconnecting from her parents and forcing us to recruit her when she bombarded with constant emails and text notices about that she’s be a great side kick for our personal vigilante for our assistance. She brought her first, “prototype” of the technology she was interested, being clearly inspired by fictional works such as Spartan II and Doom Slayer as a frame-work for this steel-clad heavyweight armpit that was nearly unmovable especially by a untrained non-personnel. She even to mix-match military equipment into the suit as hardpoint, such as trigger-based flamethrowers and grenade launchers on her power armor, that had a likely chance to jam and malfunction. We saw something in her that day, even with her talented oratory skills as a producer, she made a fine prepared speech why she wants to use her own intelligence as a gift, to help the people who weren’t so lucky, and it was a tearjerker during that time. She through her own funding and using of her knowledge, as a sidekick of our own, going through many “Marks” and prototypes of her gear has used her super-human level engineering and technical expertise to help create a form of the power armor she dreamed of and we don’t even know which Mark of armor she is on, mainly coming with kinetic inertial dampeners to handle large falls and physical attacks, steel-plating that doesn’t increase the weight or hamper the agility of the suit, as well as weapon points for guns and launchers, all through being an advanced electrically powered grounded suit. She left us, learning much of the hero-vigilante business to her own devices. But now we need her compassionate and moral center who always tries to do the right thing our own decision-making and the creation of new technology for our operatives.

Quote from: VoteyBoxey
Plan Not-Ironman: Hire Morgan, Abyss, Gloria, 4 AJs: (1) SC777

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 07:06:31 am »

Quote from: VoteyBoxey
Plan Not-Ironman: Hire Morgan, Abyss, Gloria, 4 AJs: (2) SC777, King Zultan

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 07:30:46 am »

I'm in favour of hiring Gloria, Abyss and 4 AJ. As for the sidekick, i think Iconoclast is the better one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9