Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)  (Read 9547 times)

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Precinct 4 (Superhero Management SG)
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2020, 06:59:05 pm »

We still haven't shutdown a violent offender and Abyss's power was needed to takedown the Sandman.  Also, the carjacker implies there's going to be some kind of high speed chase involved.  If Dart could chase a car on foot, even better.  Unless we really want to do a wide patrol net with 3 extra bodies, a bullet-dodging Flash seems the way to go.
Quote from: WhoShouldWeGet
Dart: (3) Sanctume, SC777, ConFive
3 AJs: (2) Kasshykk, King Zultan

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »

Quote from: WhoShouldWeGet
Dart: (4) Sanctume, SC777, ConFive, NG1999
3 AJs: (2) Kasshykk, King Zultan

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2020, 03:34:47 pm »

We're hiring Dart then? He'll be here in a flash, just as soon as you finish with these papers. They tell me he was a solo act as a vigilante. He always had a good response time, but lack of an information network meant he mostly responded to the more visible jobs. We see that a lot with the vigilante types. Its hard for someone working alone to perform a series of investigations successfully leading to an arrest, easy to show up to whatever incident is making headlines and bust some heads.

Now that that is dealt with I've brought the requisition forms for Equipment and Training. Remember that if we have Morgan work on equipment we can't deploy her at the same time.

Spoiler: Current Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leads and Clues (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2020, 04:49:28 pm »

Since we already have the Drones, we shouldn't need Morgan to make more. Thus I suggest we get the standard R&D bods to build us another batch of EB-1s.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2020, 07:44:41 pm »

Equipment: Unmarked Police Interceptor(s)

As capable as the standard squad car is, its readily identifiable livery are a detriment to our investigative and raid deployments.  You can't exactly do an effective stakeout from a plainly marked squad car.  Furthermore, any criminal lookout can spot a squad car coming from a mile away.
The solution is to reallocate several Unmarked Police Interceptors from the Highway Patrol.  Highway Patrol should be able to provide not-too-flashy four-door muscle cars, like a Dodge Charger or the police version of the Chevy Impala.  We'll have the motorpool refurbish these interceptors to a high performance modern standard, including communication technology and safety features.  If not already modified, obviously lights and sirens should be concealed when not in use, such as behind the front grill.  The car should come with a laptop and datalink to the Precinct VPN as well as open internet for general research.  Recommend acquiring a USB optical fingerprinting scanner for the laptop, allowing rapid enrollment and cross-checking of fingerprints in the field.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:07:05 am by ConscriptFive »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2020, 08:12:57 pm »

Equipment: Advanced Knockout Rifle: the AKR is a rifle dedicated to the knockout of powerful supers and minions that could handle pistol caliber and taser-level ammunition especially when dealing with large-sized cat minions and super-strong mutants, this rifle contains a mix of an automatic powerful electric barbs for its barrel and “box” magazine, a store box for morphine, ketamine, and even Carfentanil tranquilizers, as well as finally an undermounted 40mm stun grenade launcher for breaching and entering and other scenarios where flashes are useful. Made with a polymer frame to be able to be lightweight while on the move, and be able to handle any kind of tough threat while on the field in a nonlethal fashion, and Morgan will help the creation process so that this weapon doesn’t jam in the field and increase its reliability rate and so that we can get more of them on the production line and than more of these in patrols and investigations.

Metamaterial Infiltration Suit: This skin-tight suit combines the technology of metamaterial cloaking so that with the activation of a button on the suit while being stationary, you can allow light waves to pass around the uniform and be able to be nearly invisible to the naked-eye, great for infiltration and reconnaissance purposes, while this does use the advanced battery while active and can run out with extended use, it will allow a operative in the field to be able to utilize pseudo-invisibility while on the field, as well since the suit reduces the footprint and vocal imprint that operatives have as it just naturally makes them more quiet as they move and explore areas, allowing them to be more effectively in their subterfuge and ambush activities. Experimental and theoretical cloaking technology was a breakthrough with force field supers, and Morgan can utilize her technical expertise especially in electromagnetic radiation to allow metamaterials with their bad reputation to be able to reliable cloak and hide by blending themselves in with the light spectrum very much more reliable.
Sorry I understand we hate AI revolutions, but this idea was kind of hilarious to me.

Deployable Sentry Gun: Through our technical expertise with artificial assistance systems that Morgan, this allowed the creation of a either an autonomous or remote-controlled through a device usually a smartphone, this turret is while hefty with all the advanced wiring and computer system inside it to be able to track real-time friend-from-foe target acquisition to avoid civilian casualties, is able to still be placed in the back of a police cruiser and stores a respectable amount of shock-rounds that electrify their targets to intentionally incapacitate them without permanently ending their lives, it takes a bit to set up, but can act as a sentry and alert a team on the presence of villains and criminals to be able to knock them out in combat as this “turret drone” covers a team six.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:22:33 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:13 am »

Metamaterial Infiltration Suit: This skin-tight suit combines the technology of metamaterial cloaking so that with the activation of a button on the suit while being stationary, you can allow light waves to pass around the uniform and be able to be nearly invisible to the naked-eye, great for infiltration and reconnaissance purposes, while this does use the advanced battery while active and can run out with extended use, it will allow a operative in the field to be able to utilize pseudo-invisibility while on the field, as well since the suit reduces the footprint and vocal imprint that operatives have as it just naturally makes them more quiet as they move and explore areas, allowing them to be more effectively in their subterfuge and ambush activities. Experimental and theoretical cloaking technology was a breakthrough with force field supers, and Morgan can utilize her technical expertise especially in electromagnetic radiation to allow metamaterials with their bad reputation to be able to reliable cloak and hide by blending themselves in with the light spectrum very much more reliable.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:22 am »

Hmm, as tempted as we may be to put out something really sci fi, Morgan may be best used this turn for going full Dr. Vahlen on that captured specimen.  It may be just steroids, metal prosthetics, a GoPro, and voice commands over earbuds.  Or it could be CRISPR engineered superorganism, with Wolverine-esque systemic body mods, traceable/jammable/hackable long range audiovisual feed, and mind control technology.  We're probably going to get a coroner's help to get this autopsy done, but otherwise none of our guys have the STEM skills to do any of that except Morgan.  Maybe I'm overestimating this adversary, but Morgan seems like the only appropriate asset who can follow this lead.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:17:41 pm by ConscriptFive »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2020, 02:39:11 pm »

Hmm, as tempted as we may be to put out something really sci fi, Morgan may be best used this turn for going full Dr. Vahlen on that captured specimen.  It may be just steroids, metal prosthetics, a GoPro, and voice commands over earbuds.  Or it could be CRISPR engineered superorganism, with Wolverine-esque systemic body mods, traceable/jammable/hackable long range audiovisual feed, and mind control technology.  We're probably going to get a coroner's help to get this autopsy done, none of our guys have the STEM skills to do any of that except Morgan.  Maybe I'm overestimating this adversary, but Morgan seems like the only appropriate asset who can follow this lead.
i agree with this

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2020, 02:45:52 pm »

I imagine that would be part of an investigation assignment. Which I'd support.

To do that though, we dont really want to push the boat out on Tech, which is why I suggest building some more EB-1 drones from the schematics we must already have.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2020, 04:58:20 pm »

Hmm, so you know what we could do that wouldn't tie down Morgan?  Super-power training.  Both Abyss and Gloria have a lot of potential for development.

If Abyss could manipulate darkness, it means he can manipulate light, which means he could do some form of invisibility.

If Gloria can move things with her mind, that includes herself, and that means flight, knocking weapons out of hands, or even Darth Vader force-choking.  Think about all the stuff Magneto does in the X-Men, and we could eventually turn her into that.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »

I don’t think additional reconnaissance drones would be that helpful since we have four non-super operatives on the field, and the other SKs would probably be better using their superpower on the field. As well for that Biolab Breakout super I was mainly worried the villain was going to make some widely infectious and viral disease for nefarious purposes and that is probably the most scary threat that we would have to handle and like Ironman, I think the Mandarin is a villain based on genetical superpowers (don’t know much besides being the main villain of the techie hero) so it would make a cool flavorful villain for someone like to Morgan go against.m

Anyways an argument of using Morgan for improved or exotic technology is that it’s utilizing the superpower that we give her in a beneficial long-term way to help make our AJs on the field much more respectable and dangerous threats. But the Police Interceptors we’re still a fine design, and I am interested in a Telekinesis improvement to Gloria to be able to restrain weapons and opposing supers in the air, and probably the most significant upgrade we make while still having Morgan on the field for this turn, however I imagine we will need her more critically when we have to raid or assault whatever hideout this white-collar man has.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2020, 11:46:18 pm »

The Chief thinks to himself, "Man, why did I have to pick those two fancy pants supers?  You know what's the best power?  Invulnerability.  No training required.  Get shot in the face?  Don't die.  Jump off a rooftop and miss the bushes?  Don't die.  Squad car bursts into flames and careens into ongoing traffic during a high speed chase because you used the green diesel pump instead of unleaded?  Don't die."

"I may not know how to use them, but back when I was with the Dream Team, we had supers like them.  I'll give them a call, see if they're interested in a freelance training contract."

"I got along real well with Master Mentala.  We used to be in a bowling league every Thursday night.  Guy bowled 300 every game.  Everyone else got so jealous, they banned us!  Claimed he was using telekinesis to knock down pins.  Bunch of salty losers."

Training: Telekinetic Force Push and Leap Technique for Gloria
"It's been awhile pal!  Well, I had to start over as a sidekick, I'd probably develop my force push first.  Yeah, telekinetic fine grasping is great for retrieving loose weapons and juggling at your kid nephew's birthday party, but a solid brute force push will really knock them off their feet.  Literally.  I doubt she'll have the reflexes to stop a speeding bullet, but deflecting a speeding car or pouncing tiger should be doable at her hero rating."
"Better yet, you can also push yourself off into the air like a leap.  Hit it again for a safe landing, or just keep bounding along like a human kangaroo.  One day, try some massive leaps (over water of course,) and see how much air you can really get.  All flying is just falling with style, right?  Get a solid rhythm down and it becomes second nature."

"Anyhow, good hearing from you again.  Let me know if you want to hire my services.  I'll give you the friends and family discount."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2020, 11:56:55 pm »

I'll cheers to that

Quote from: VoteyBox
Equipment:
Metamaterial Infiltration Suit: (1) King Zultan

Training:
Telekinetic Force Push and Leap Technique for Gloria: (2) ConscriptFive, SC777

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2020, 12:16:27 am »

Quote from: VoteyBox
Equipment:
Metamaterial Infiltration Suit: (1) King Zultan

Training:
Telekinetic Force Push and Leap Technique for Gloria: (3) ConscriptFive, SC777, NG1999
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9