Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!  (Read 25672 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4re: IC Thread!
« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2020, 11:07:03 am »

As soon as the final undead went down, Maria immediately slung her bow back to its normal position on her back, running over to her fallen Lord just as Baruk and Dumt went to help him. Ordinarily, she would've pushed them aside and patched up the Prince herself, but due to how the wounds appeared, she elected to allow the two to do their job, hovering over Baruk's shoulder while he did so, and quickly taking his place once he turned to heal the rest,

"My lord, are you okay? Can you stand? I pray that creature didn't happen to hit a vital organ."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2020, 11:57:57 am »

As the undead youth collapsed, Anumita put away her tome and crept closer to the remains. Noting the fading sounds in the distance, she pulled out her research journal and began furiously scribbling down her observations. This was, truth be told, a rather disappointing outcome, but a fascinating one nonetheless. She'd never encountered an undead that simply disintegrated into ash when stilled. And the feeling that had permeated the area as it died again- there was obviously powerful magic at work.

"Hmmmm... incredible preservation of flesh, possibly connected to potent regenerative capacity... which itself seems to have relied on the intake of fresh blood... disintegrated upon destruction, no specimen left to autopsy... also may have been in control of lesser undead in the area. My my, you were one big bundle of discoveries. Shame there's only ash left now."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:01:27 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2020, 12:33:09 pm »

"Thank you for your assistance." Lieutenant Dumt spoke to Aliberti as the Prince stood up with Maria's help.

"No... no problem." Aliberti groaned and brushed himself from the dust.

"You've fulfilled your part of the bargain, so I guess I have to fulfill mine. Did you... 'find' anything you might want to keep?"

"Huh... did we?" Aliberti turned to his comrades.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:14:04 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2020, 05:18:00 pm »

"Here." Alexis held up the orb. "One of the dead had it. It hit hard, probably because of this."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2020, 08:16:39 am »

"Ah, yes, the orb."

"You told us we can take it."

"Like I said before, it is not in funeral inventory, so feel free."

"Thank you. That makes things easier..."

"Then I assume no graverobbing occured?"

"Uhhh..."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 04, 2020, 08:18:34 am »

Konstantin jogs up to the group from where he was.
"Friends! Are you okay? Kostya is not doctor, but I can provide help!"
Then Alexis holds up the orb, and Kostya tilts his head at it.
"Is possibly magical artifact. Without tools or time to test it, I could not tell, but is better left to actual expert. Rare artifact from other world no good in the hands of salvage expert."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2020, 03:39:58 pm »

As the undead abomination thing disintegrated into ash, Giuseppina let out a long sigh and curled inwards just a little, placing her hands on her knees as she allowed the fatigue of battle to wash over her. But then the awful feeling of this horrible monster-infested place seemed to fade away, and Giuseppina found herself able to breathe more freely (although it was still a tomb, so she wasn't feeling TOO comfortable).
:"Um... well, I have this key that I used to open one of the doors, but that's all I know about. Do you want it? I mean, it's just a key, but maybe it's useful for archaeology or, uh, something."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 05, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »

With the feeling of danger gone, Gaspar pockets his tome and brushes his clothes clean of grave-dust. He was momentarily dismayed at seeing the Prince fall, but the local medicine is clearly no less effective than Zorestrian stock and he feels relieved to see the Prince back on his feet.

"No graverobbing that I could see, Mister Dumt. I'll admit I was tempted to see what was inside a particular locked chest, but I can sate my idle curiosity elsewhere."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2020, 04:09:42 pm »

"Each tomb has - or had - a small chest of burial goods, personal items and trinkets favored by the interred person when they were alive. As for the key, I would gladly take it back, miss."
SigFlags!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:37 pm »

Irina looks at the newly-dusted vampire.  Sighing slightly, she puts away her tome and relaxes as the others start talking.  When Alexis pulls out the orb, she immediately stiffened up again in shock. 

"Is that...may I examine that?"

She pulled out her small notebook, stuffed full of most of the notes and studies she had collected over the years on the Centaurs, the Hero-King, and the repeated cataclysms that had been turned aside by these orbs, already leafing through it based on what she could see of the orb as it quietly shone in Alexis' hands.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #430 on: November 05, 2020, 11:05:01 pm »

"Of course. " She handed the artifact to Irina carefully. "Study it while you can, I'm sure the royal scholars will want to take a few cracks at it." Alexis waited momentarily to ensure the handoff was complete - an unnecessary precaution, perhaps, given the simplicity of the task - then moved toward Giuseppina. She looked as if she were about to speak for a moment, then apparently thought better of it. Best to wait.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:51 pm »

Accepting the orb, Irina immediately sat down with her legs crossed, examining it more closely as she compared to her notebook.  It was not long before she switched to taking notes as well, doing a quick sketch of the orb as well as writing down additional details on the coloration and the magical patterns in her own shorthand. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2020, 11:12:48 pm »

Callimachus was hovering nearby, also taking notes. Maybe he could compare them with Irina later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2020, 05:00:27 pm »

The nearly-perfecetly spherical orb was beautifully orange and slightly transparent.

The reddish specks inside the crystalline form numbered exactly eleven.
SigFlags!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2020, 01:58:46 pm »

:"I'm, um... I'm glad nobody took anything that belonged to the dead... that would bring terrible misfortune, I'm sure."
:"And also be kind of just wrong-- but-- um-- yes, here's the key. I hope it's useful!"
And Giuseppina handed the key off to Dumt.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39