Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope  (Read 10794 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2020, 05:21:07 pm »

Revenant's Workshop
"Yup, that's likely a factor as well," Revenant nodded, "During Nil, we barely had any information about each other besides our general build types, and whatever we could scrounge up from talking with each other. The Mossnet has made in depth details about someone's build and style more accessible than ever though; hell most, if not all of you, have at least some video presence out there from your past matches. You could probably fill a small harddrive with video files from Raguel and Wandering Dragon here alone."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2020, 05:57:13 pm »

Celica

Astra's expression didn't change, but somehow Celica felt like he got angrier. "We didn't go through a 'trial'." he said with disdain, "This is just a tournament on a larger scale, that's all. I hate to disappoint you, but there aren't exactly any world-altering threats around to increase the stakes." Astra's glare shifted in Winter's direction, although since his expression still refused to update, Celica couldn't tell why. Perhaps he too had become fed up with Celica's presence and was attempting to pass the buck back to Winter. This didn't last long and when he returned his attention to Celica, his expression had finally changed for the first time. Though still angry, he now had more than a hint of weariness added on top. "Heck didn't reach the heights she did because of a little fighting. There was a challenge in front of us, and she was the only one willing to take up the mantle when the gods fell short."

Astra hadn't opposed the Godhood Trial, and he could admit that bringing powerful fighters together for such a grand display was a great way to build their strength and potentially bring about the ascension of a new god. But he despised the choice to call it the second. This was merely mimicry, nothing would ever live up to the tournament.

Neon Aletheia vs. Trinity

Neon's decision to ignore the pilot and head for the center cannon after all threw off his plan a little, and he was back to uncertainty in regards to how he planned to win. But he didn't have time to worry, if there was a way to win, he'd find it. Strategy was his strong suit not in spite of his inability to see through his opponents, but because of it. What might seem outwardly like a genius predicting their opponents' moves was actually just the result of his ability to set up opportunities and quickly take advantage of every opening those opportunities created. With that in mind, he stowed a rune at his feet and began to walk to the left. The center cannon stayed put where Neon was headed, but the other two moved along with him, while also flying a bit further forwards so they were alongside him when he turned around. Although he'd left the cannon wide open and seemingly abandoned it, that was hardly his intent. He just didn't want to make a move until he saw what Neon was planning to do. He didn't know for certain what kind of damage she could output, but her build was an SAU design, so he felt confident that with his quick reaction speed he would have more than enough time to respond to whatever offense she was mounting.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2020, 08:31:25 pm »

"I believe I've read on that." Silent Requiem, a very dramatic name for a clown who didn't take the tournament seriously until he was nearly killed twice. Though he seemed to have more or less gotten his act together. "I was. . . occupied, at the time of the tournament itself., so I did not witness him fighting." Tarmo shifted slightly where he laid; it seemed like the man still had some pent-up energy waiting to be released. "I'm glad to see that he has grown since then. We haven't spoken in. . ." Tarmo trailed off, realizing he may have made a misstep. It wasn't a secret, per se, but it related to potentially sensitive information. "It has been a very long time. I doubt he remembers that I exist." And Raguel is here, too? Another reminder. I wonder how he has grown since our last clash.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:02:29 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2020, 08:46:54 pm »

Neon

Trinity's cautiousness, however, only made things easier for Neon. Having finally gotten close enough, she was able to grab hold of the cannon's schematics. Between its devastating firepower and its bothersome, clunky armor, it was fairly obvious which one would be better against its user. She made a token effort to conceal things briefly by taking a position where the cannon's body would block out Trinity's view of her. Then, she worked her magic.

A replica of the bare cannon took shape next to her, levitating, and another was soon to come. It wouldn't be long until she could match Trinity's firing rate, but before that, while her replicated cannons weren't nearly as powerful as the original, they were more than enough to wreck their original counterparts.

"One," she locked her first cannon on the cannon Trinity had distanced himself from, and fired away. Using the recoil, she set herself on a course to strafe around Trinity.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2020, 09:11:12 pm »

Trinity wasn't aware of what Neon was doing behind his cannon, but that was irrelevant. If she was trying to hide it then he didn't want her to get away with it. The cannon turned around to target Neon, but she had already crafted her own to fight him. It was too late to stop, so he wrote the cannon off and pulled the trigger in the hope that it might take the copy with it.

This turned to his favor when the lower strength of the replica came into play. Trinity's immense firepower wasn't just characterized by raw strength, it also included the surprisingly high rate of fire, something the replica just couldn't hope to match. Because of this, Trinity's cannon fired first. The blast went straight down the throat of the copycat cannon, turning the recoil Neon planned to launch herself with into an explosion.

This gave Trinity a ton of information on Neon's abilities. She could clone his cannons, but the clones were clearly much weaker. If Neon's gameplan was to beat him at his own game, then she wasn't likely to get far. It was almost like she'd taken the version of him from ten years ago and challenged him to fight it. Too bad for Neon, because he'd already overcome that version of himself.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2020, 09:59:37 pm »

Neon

That, however, wasn't all. Riding the knockback, she set up a fresh replica and slung it back at the previous cannon, with the tip aimed at the previous cannon again. With this newfound asset, she was able to project threat much more effectively, diverting Trinity's attention and forcing him to respond.

That was where her advantage was, that even a lesser replica can beat its superior counterpart in the right hands. She pulled up and away to the sky using the opportunity, her next replica starting to form again. Most mech weapons weren't designed to be used in quantity, but Trinity's cannons seemed to be an exception with how they were used. And that was the key to her plan.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2020, 10:06:36 pm »

Celica

Celica remained silent as Astra's anger seemed to grow, face impassive despite her own growing annoyance as the man spoke down to her. First Bear, now him. It was as if those in power saw her as completely helpless, worthless, and meaningless. Such a fact never failed to frustrate her, and here was no difference. Still, she remained silent, folding her arms onto her lap to avoid accidentally clenching her hands into fists as Astra continued to speak, until he eventually looked away and finished, "... I see. Somehow I'm hardly surprised at that" was all she said, letting out a silent sigh as she waited a few seconds to see if Astra would say anything else to fuel her newfound dislike for the man. In a way, it was good that she did, since Astra decided to add one last thing, commenting on the Hellfire Knight once again.

It always came back to that one.

"I guess you really can't plan for something like last time to transpire again. Thank you for the clarification, however" Celica replied, giving Astra a slight bow of her head out of habit, pausing for a brief moment to let that part sink before she continued with her next question, "What was the Hellfire Knight like? You fought them in the... Second round, correct?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2020, 11:10:08 pm »

Trinity was impressed. His cannon had never been designed to be used in numbers greater than one, the switch to three had only even become possible after he abandoned the pursuit of magic for the Revelation System and gained much more Favor. For Neon to copy even one was a feat that easily qualified her among the most powerful mech users in the world, no wonder she was in the tournament. And she seemed intent on more. If she could mass-produce his entire mech, then he absolutely wouldn't be able to keep up, even if they were weaker. He needed to end this quickly.

The first thing to do was distance. He ran in the opposite direction that Neon was traveling, throwing down runes in every direction as he went. He wasn't anywhere near fast enough to actually escape, but since she was already moving away from her replica, he hoped the inferior nature would also limit her control distance and he might be able to save his third cannon. But since that seemed unlikely, he basically wrote it off, although he did have one more trick up his sleeve with it in mind.

Celica

Astra shrugged. "Well, I almost killed myself against her, so I'd say she was pretty tough." he explained, "If she's your interest I'm the wrong one to ask, at that point she was already well above my level." He glanced down at Celica's chair thoughtfully, "I'm sure you've already surpassed Silent Requiem as well."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2020, 11:30:14 pm »

Revenant's Workshop
"I can tell you from first hand experience, in those early rounds he was an absolute mess," Sully said as he poured over the rest of the data on his screen. No anomalies thus far. Unsurprisingly, this looked like it would go far more uneventfully than Hunter's diagnostic. "Tried to cheat against Hellfire Knight, nearly got his ass killed thanks to it. Only reason he's alive now is because Blink stepped in when she did. Now, you'd think someone would learn better after a near death experience like that, but when he fought me later on, he tried the same shit on me as I was playing pinball with his mech. Knew he couldn't win that fight except by cheating, and so thats precisely what he did. Won by cheating, I mean. From what I hear, things finally took a turn during the Interlude exhibitions, when he had to face Aries, and ended up surrendering immediately. A little while later he showed up in his new, and current, build... and a good bit of humble pie on his face."
    "It looks good on him though, honestly," Asmodeus interjected.
    "I won't argue with you there. It really does. Anyways..." Revenant breifly considered acknowledging that bit about Dragon apparently knowing Astra. As he reached the end of the readout however, he decided that could wait until some other time. He wasn't certain, but he knew enough about Astra's history to have a rough idea what time period Dragon may have been alluding to. Very curious... seems there was even more to the taciturn warrior than first appeared. "Everything looks to be in top working order, Dragon. No problems at all."
     As he finished, the apparatus began to retract itself from Dragon's chest, phasing back out of his dreamspace and rising into its default position on the ceiling. Unlike with maddie, there was no favor pill to be distributed via the small machine beside the table.

"You're free to go."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2020, 12:31:46 am »

Neon

Neon had but one plan for the previous replica, and that was to provoke the cannon it was targeting. Already primed to fire, she was fairly content with its contribution already. Whether Trinity would be able to destroy it in time or not, it was trivial to her. She took note of Trinity's next move, however. It seemed that her opponent had caught on to her plan, and was already setting up to increase his ability to deal with multiple targets using refraction. Unfortunately, Trinity was merely on foot, limiting the spread of the runes.

She had a very simple response to that, and that was to loom over him from high above. She readied a new replica to fire down on Trinity's as soon as it became ready, while she herself continued to pepper him with energy blasts - and by extension, hitting the runes he was setting up along the way. The distance was becoming more comfortable for her, and with how mobile the cannons were around her - on top of how fast she already was, she expected no trouble in preserving her replicas, or at least, replicating more quickly than Trinity could shoot them down.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:36:04 am by IntSys »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2020, 09:39:20 am »

Trinity threw up a Reflect Trigger to protect him from Neon's attack from above. Zooming up there had pulled the cannon she'd aimed at his third out of position before it fired, sparing his own cannon which had traveled back to hover around him. It seemed she didn't quite have the hang of how the mech worked yet. But even if she didn't know what she was doing, he wasn't going to be able to keep up with her ability to reform the cannons as fast as he could blow them up. It was all or nothing time. All three cannons took aim directly at Neon and fired, striking at her from multiple directions at once to minimize her chances of dodging. He doubted the gambit would actually give him the win (otherwise it would have been the first thing he tried), but all the cannons striking at once had been known to blow through some pretty heavily armored opponents. Trinity had even used them like this once to take victory in an exhibition match when Gryffin underestimated his raw power output. If Neon wasn't prepared, he might be able to pull out a similar surprise victory here.

Firepower 6 bonus used
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2020, 10:11:15 am »

Neon

It wouldn't be the first time Neon was put to trial against serious firepower. But, this kind of treatment was most certainly something she could only get from Trinity, and the kind of treatment she had been waiting specifically for - taking care not to resort to brute-forcing through his previous attacks. Concentrating, her electromagnetic shield morphed into a pair of upward spirals wrapped around her, designed to guide energy past her with minimal damage. As the lasers engulfed her, she primed one of her cannons to strike back at one of Trinity's cannons.

And at the end of it all, she was able to finish another replica, though it would also become apparent that she couldn't charge multiple of them simultaneously - given that if she could, she would've done it just now.

Armor Bonus: Negate one attack completely. [Used]

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2020, 12:12:02 pm »

Neon completely blocking was technically a problem, but not enough of one for Trinity to give up just yet. He activated three reset triggers, prompting the cannons to immediately repeat their previous attack. The cannon that had already been reset once let out a crackling noise that informed him he hadn't waited long enough for it to recover from the last reset. He'd get one more shot out of it before it lost function entirely. It would have been convenient if that had been the cannon Neon chose to target, but unfortunately she had stuck to targeting one of the closer pair, meaning that if he didn't get Neon with this attack, Trinity was going to be down two cannons with his remaining one unable to reset.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2020, 01:27:59 pm »

Celica

Although Celica's distaste for the man grew upon seeing him look specifically at her chair, she was admittedly thrown off when he said that she had likely 'surpassed' Silent Requiem. She wasn't interested in surpassing something already put behind and lost, but she couldn't understand why he would say that after looking at her chair. Was is an insult disguised as a compliment, on how a girl without the ability to walk could be stronger than Astra's old namesake, or something else?

She didn't know, and that's what confused her.

"Please, no need for flattery. I haven't even gone into the first round yet" she replied after the brief pause, lifting her hand as if to deflect the 'compliment', "I simply wondered because I, admittedly, don't know much about the Hellfire Knight. It's a bit hard to learn about them aside from their strength and what they've done... Though I suppose that's what really matters in the end."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2020, 02:07:24 pm »

Celica

Astra brushed off Celica's protest, it didn't matter to him one way or the other. He just said what he thought was true, that was all. "Yeah I heard you and Mel didn't get on very well." he said, "If you want to hear more about Heck and Mel is off the table, you could try asking Winter, although I think dehumanizing her might have pissed her off a bit."
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16