Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope  (Read 10793 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2020, 10:57:19 pm »

Tarmo's face formed into a scowl for a moment, prompting a noticeable deep breath from him as he attempted to calm himself down again. He knew it was mostly his inability to carry on a proper conversation that was causing the issue, but the defensive reaction provoked an immediately hostile one from him. "I was just commenting on the time." Slower, more measured speech. "Though it does give you an advantage I don't have." More heat entered his tone; though it was technically possible for him to have watched her matches, it would have been difficult, and so he was going in blind when she apparently had knowledge of his style going back to when he'd still futilely been pretending nothing had happened to him.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2020, 11:13:18 pm »

Aleks stared for a few more seconds, thinking the question over. "Well, Miss, now that you have asked, I suppose I should tell you what I would do if I won. You see, despite my dress sense," he gestured to his purple snake-print jacket and black jeans, "it has always been my lifelong dream to rule over a plane with an iron fist. Hoarding all the resources, murdering dissenters, and forcing multiple generations to live in fear of a violent, merciless dictator has made my blood boil with excitement for as long as I can remember."

Then Aleks broke into a grin of his own. "Of course I wouldn't be like that! If there's anything I've learned from my time in the world of business, it's that a smile takes less effort than a swing! The latter is a lot more fun, though. In all honesty, though..." The grin faded. "I'm really just wondering how far I can take this. Seen some of the people here - Greed's tournament had some tough customers, but none of them carried themselves with the kind of weight these people do. Just the chance to fight them is enough for me, really. That probably means I'm gonna lose, though, what with your intentions being nobler than mine - or at least, what you say your intentions are."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2020, 11:44:09 pm »

"Right, my bad..." What had she done now to piss him off...? "Advantage? What do you- ooooh, I think I get it. Naaah, I don't think so - odds are we're not going to be fighting each other first, so you'll have plenty of time to find the videos of my matches." ...Admittedly, there would be a lot less of those than of his, and what she was doing would be less clear, but she recognized that she probably shouldn't say that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2020, 03:20:51 pm »

Celica

Rather than being placated, Winter was actually upset even more by Celica's remark. The dismissal was bad enough, but to have her worth as a person attached entirely to Bear really hurt. Celica wasn't the only one to treat her as just "Sleeping Bear's assistant," it was a sentiment she frequently had to contend with. And yet Celica had taken it step further. More than just seeing Winter as nothing more than an extension of Bear, she had apologized for not taking note of that particular degradation of status sooner.

"I didn't do anything special." Winter said, although it wasn't the deflection it sounded like, "Anybody could have done that, you just have to be respectful."

Ookami and Caradin

"Lucifer." Arcturus explained, "He deemed himself an observer, and yet his ways were nothing but meddlesome. A broken man, he believed it was his destiny to become a villain so that true evil could never flourish. His power of destruction was unparalleled, the smallest ray of his light was enough to crack the universe itself. Unfortunately, his very nature turned against him, and more often than not he destroyed himself. When last I fought him, there wasn't much left you could call human."

Although Arcturus spoke of tragedy, his tone was full of rage and spite. Watcher and Arcturus had a long history, and each time they had met it had been in opposition.  Though to some extent he could understand Watcher's choices, he could never truly sympathize with them.

Neon Aletheia vs. Trinity

In response to Neon's attack, Trinity did as expected and threw down a Reflect Trigger rune which temporarily raised a transparent pink barrier in front of him, protecting him completely from Neon's attack. At the same time, the cannon to his left fired on Neon's new location while the right cannon finished its firing sequence and adjusted its aim to be slightly above the second shot, in case Neon dodged upwards again. The third cannon in the center targeted itself slightly to Neon's right, covering that direction as well. Trinity felt confident in the offensive momentum he had garnered, although he didn't yet have a plan for how he was going to achieve victory.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2020, 04:31:09 pm »

"Perhaps." Another quiet moment as he reasserted self control. "What I see should be interesting. I'm curious to discover how one that taught themselves to meditate with such efficiency fights." He shifted his icy blue gaze back to the Revenant. "Lacking such ability, I must trust the experts that I will be fighting at full strength."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2020, 04:49:11 pm »

Celica

"Perhaps, but I have a feeling you're selling that part short" Celica replied with a small shrug. She highly doubted it was that easy, but who was she to say any different?

"I suppose I don't have any place to pry about it though, nor do I have much reason to stay and continue bothering you. So, I'll take my leave Miss Winter" Celica continued, giving Winter a small bow of the head before moving her chair back and wheeling herself away from Bear's Assistant, covering her annoyance by closing her eyes and letting out a silent sigh. Now she'd likely have two enemies within the Gods, one more than she would've preferred. She'd share a word or two with Astra, learn a bit of the Trial from one who had gone through it before, and then take a step back to take things slow, plan her next move, and cover herself in case things continued to spiral downhill. Her status here was shaky at best, and she would not lose her chance.

"Greetings, Astra" Celica instinctively said as she rolled herself towards the white haired man who seemed to possess a perpetually angry glare, much like her own tired expression.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »

Celica

Astra shifted his position slightly when Celica rolled up to him, opening up his presence to show she had his attention. "Hi." he said nonchalantly, "I heard. What do you wanna know?"
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2020, 08:42:29 pm »

Neon

Neon continued to exert pressure on Trinity, as she prepared to evade the next set of lasers. It was a good opportunity to test her reflexes, and she would most definitely need it more against Ethereal Hunter. She pivoted towards the right, as Trinity had predicted, forcing her to use speed glitching to dodge the third laser in time. This time, however, she warped downwards, flying just a bit higher than the floor. The distance between the two had already been halved, and they would soon enter melee range if Trinity couldn't find a way to stall her approach, but at the same time, the next round of lasers would test her reflexes even more.

Speed Bonus: Short-Range Teleport - 4/5 Left

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2020, 08:59:44 pm »

Neon Aletheia vs. Trinity

Trinity smiled happily. Even if he didn't have an audience, he still intended to enjoy himself to the fullest, and Neon had just given him something especially enjoyable to do. as soon as Neon flashed downwards, he activated a Reset Trigger rune, allowing the cannon she had just dodged  to immediately reset and fire at her new location. The other two moved closer to the center, narrowing their range of focus to make it more difficult for Neon to approach directly. He wasn't entirely sure what Neon's plan was, but he had a decent guess. Since she had yet to make any attempt to deal damage and seemed hellbent on getting closer, Natasha could only assume she thought she could prevent him from attacking by getting close enough for him to potentially fire on himself. If that was the case then he had an idea for how to win, although without knowing the details of Neon's build, he had no clue if it would work.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 09:42:50 pm »

Neon

Neon had been expecting him to use a Reset Trigger sooner or later. The only thing she could really do about it was expending another teleport, but the good news for her was that the risks that came with using it increased substantially after the first use. Warping slightly above the shot, she sped towards the cannon that had just fired on her, deviating from the previous trajectory. She knew well that if she were to tackle him head on, she'd have no choice but to meet the devastating blasts directly. However, an off-center cannon was a slightly easier target... And she only needed to get close to a cannon for her to be able to initiate her plans.

Speed Bonus: Short-Range Teleport - 3/5 Left
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:08:19 pm by IntSys »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2020, 11:36:55 pm »

Revenant's workshop
For the most part, it seemed Revenant had been busy working on his initial report while Maddie and Tarmo had talked. In reality though, he'd intentionally refrained from interrupting thus far, figuring it would be more interesting to let the two competitors interact for now... plus this report genuinely was quite important and required as much detail as possible. As their conversation drew to a close and Tarmo turned his attention back to the mechanic, the Revenant just so happened to be nearly done... for now.
     "You've got nothing to worry about here, Dragon," he nodded as he swiveled back around in his chair, "Keeping all of you in tip-top fighting shape, mech-wise, is just about the only fun the big dogs are letting me have around here. We can start your diagnostic anytime you're ready, by the way."

Caridin (pondering deep questions with his elders in the Arena)
"Lucifer...?" Caridin pondered aloud as Arcturus explained. That name... it sounded familiar. He could've sworn he'd heard it in some of the obscure, ancient stories and allegories Erikur had told him. The same stories and allegories he had plucked the name Raguel from. Or at least, he was fairly certain they were all connected, somehow. Honestly it had been really fecking confusing at times. Something about falling from good graces and going on to become a villain. Yeh, that sounded about right going off what Arcturus was describing, so the name was pretty damn apt for his nemesis. There were far more pressing things in the man's story than the name, however. Caridin couldn't help but glance down at his own hands at the mention of light so destructive, even a mere mote of it was enough to crack the cosmos. So destructive that it had a bad habit of turning on the very one who wielded it.
     They were still there, on his hands. Where they'd been for a decade. The webbed scars arcing along his palms, fingers, and just under the thumb. The marks of his quest, the permanent reminder of his own nemesis and the crimes which set him down this path to begin with. Palms that, Caridin supposed, were barely human. Would those scars, this inhuman ugliness that marked both his purpose in this festerin' world and the source of his hatred, metaphorically spread if he kept kindling the light in his heart? Would he become just like the Lucifer from Erikur's allegories, and the one from Arcturus' past? Would he eventually end up the villain, the very thing he seeks to destroy? No better than the man he's chasing? Destroying himself right along with innocent folk around him?

"I'd rather feckin' die a thousand times over..." he whispered in answer to his own query. After a moment more of staring, he finally forced his attention off his hands and back to Arcturus. "I can see why ye fecking hate the man then. I'd hate him too. And I'd hate meself even more if I ever fell that far."

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2020, 11:46:43 pm »

"I would hope I didn't." Wandering Dragon hoisted himself up onto the table, wasting no time in removing his shirt. The body beneath was wiry and strong; Tarmo wasn't a bulky man, but that didn't mean he was lacking in muscle. Other than the more obvious old injury, he had a number of scars decorating his chest, some as ragged as one might expect and others looking almost too precise. "You sound frustrated by your current role, Revenant."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2020, 02:01:17 pm »

Celica

"Nothing serious, but I'm curious as to the potential differences the Trial will have in comparison to normal tournaments, aside from the normal" Celica began after Astra acknowledged her, leaning back in her chair before continuing, "This is meant to try and create more Gods for the new planes after all. I doubt it's as simple as they've been making it out to be. "
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2020, 05:05:07 pm »

Revenant's Workshop
"Yeh, I suppose you could say that," Revenant said as the apparatus once again lowered from the ceiling. Much as it had with Maddie, it pierced Tarmo just to the lower left of his sternum, giving him a quick prick before it phased into his dreamspace. "Well... not exactly frustrated, just annoyed. When they asked me to be the presiding mechanic for this trial, Asmo and I didn't know they were going to disallow modifications till after we arrived. Takes out half the fun of being a mechanic, ya know? But eh... I'm here now, and it is what it is. Plus, I... get why they want you lot to go through this completely static in terms of build."
    He chuckled as he pulled up Tarmo's readouts, mentally noting the Wandering Dragon's electrical capabilities. "Heh, electric blasts eh? That brings me back. During the Nil tourney, a lot of us ended up altering things as the matches progressed. Trying to patch up holes made apparent in our builds. Me and Astra were easily the biggest offenders- I was trying to better optimize my defenses and range, and Astra outright changed his whole build after I left. I have the sneaking suspicion our shenanigans back then might have factored in to why they banned modding for you all. Trying to keep things simple, more leveled. Plus it forces all of you to make the most of what you're currently stuck with, which might end up making growth a lot faster for those of you who manage it."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2020, 05:10:44 pm »

Maddie visibly relaxed as Tarmo disengaged and went to get his own mech maintained. "I have to admit, that's going to be a little disorienting. Not getting the mech modified I mean." she said. She was done, really, but well, she had nothing better to be doing right now. "But then I'm not sure how I'd start patching holes in the build anyway, I guess. It makes sense though, since then we can't just go change up the mech in prep for a battle."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16