Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope  (Read 10787 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2020, 07:19:23 pm »

Maddie raised an eyebrow at that. "Really? Was there more amateurs in the tournament, or was there just not as much... what's the right word here, knowledge I guess? Was there not as much knowledge of big name fighters as there is now?" She knew... basically everyone, to more or lesser degrees. The big tourney fighters obviously, but even the lesser ones she had some knowledge of. Maddie winced internally at the mention of motivations - and then just skidded past the subject. "It's probably not going to get as crazy as your tournament ended up, at least. So maybe it's fine for it to be different."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2020, 07:33:44 pm »

Caridin
As the grogginess finally cleared out and she introduced herself, things began to click for Caridin. He knew he'd heard that voice before. "Ah, right. Four. Sorry 'bout that...first time actually seeing yer face, and all."
    He stopped for a minute. Alright, so he know who she was... infact now that he knew, it was difficult to forget even if he wanted to. Of all the people he'd fought over the years, Four had definitely stood out among them, mostly thanks to her chaotic energy on the battlefield. But that still didn't answer how she had found him, or what the feck she was even doing here in Hope right now. Unless....

"So... did Arcturus send ye, by any chance? I doubt ye just happened to stumble on me by chance here."

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2020, 11:16:59 pm »

"It was before the mossnet. People were well-known in their, um, home planes, but that was all." She shuffled in her seat slightly, wondering if she should mention how she handled that. At the topic of the tournament's. . . unusual course last time, though, she shook her head. The Hellfire Knight looked back at Maddie, and for the first time, the quiet intensity behind her halting speech was notable. "I don't know. If the tournament hadn't been the, um, way it was, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. I would be dead, and so might you." She glanced down. "Sorry. I'm not trying to make you nervous. But it forced me to do better."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2020, 07:36:19 am »

Day in the life of an Inexplicable Battle Grandpa

Ookami had spent a lot of time reflecting... while building up the intent to speak with the enigmatic Winter. Reflecting on the depths of his own soul, and what the world meant... you know, the typical. Ookami oft did so while cooking and preparing tea. In truth, it had been awhile since he had such a quiet time to himself to reflect and meditate on his self, the inner soul. For awhile now he had been training Tarmo, or there had always been another in his presence. He did not like to retreat inward while in the presence of others, he felt he should give them his attention and the typical acts he had practiced took the rest of his body's process to maintain. The scents of spices ad herbs wafted the air of his private chamber, the wonders of nature in all her forms. They helped to maintain his focus and he had a lot of baking and brewing to do this day... but more importantly... a lot of reflection.

They said he won. Ookami didn't feel that way. That boy, he deserved to whet the appetite to learn, to see the fruits of his learning and watch them bloom. Victory would've set that lesson all the more... and yet... he couldn't just be handed it, could he? Had he stopped his blade, given up, would that not insult the boy's courage his ability to adapt and change? You learned your lesson, fight's over. That wasn't how real battle went. Sometimes learning came to late, in the face of destruction sometimes we learned what we should've done. And, we could always try try again. It had worked for himself... he wasn't sure how it'd work for others. Ookami... he was willing to learn the lesson of defeat a thousand times over, to have those lessons beat upon his flesh and engraved on his soul. Each notch on Unequivocal Soul was a bead of sweat and blood. A pure crystallization of a lesson well learned, wisdom carved from the dialogue of fists. Battle wasn't about win or loss to Ookami, it was a means of betterment for himself and for those that fought him. He hoped whether he won or loss that both of them learned something. Had that bo... Cardian learned something from their fight? Had Ookami himself learned something? The first was a resounding yes. After all the boy showed him the fruits of those labours. He even told him that that move should've defeated him. There was no way he should've been able to defeat the young lad... and yet... he did? He couldn't wrap his head around why this occurred. That flare of Cardian's soul should've done him in, and yet the armour broke under his blade. How, why? What did that mean? Why did he achieve victory? He did not seek it in the moment, he only kept fighting. He could not stop, that was how a dialogue worked. You kept speaking, you couldn't shut down and let the other have their way. They would learn nothing... worse than nothing at times.

Yet why did he triumph? Unequivocal Soul did as asked, he continued on the path his master had put in place for him. One the should've found ineffective. Did he act on his own? Did he do something that hadn't be directed? It was conjecture... but the events did not add up. It only came back to that part of him he still didn't understand... The Inexplicable Skill. A part of his own soul he had no understanding of. His reason to speak to Winter. He had finally found some way, someone, who could possibly help him understand. Perhaps with that he could move forward, or at least find a means to. Battle was no longer working... not for this. He had learned much from the dialogue of fists over his long 80 years of life. But it could not answer every question in this world, not this one.

The day passed, the later hours began. A day of reflection and mediation. A night of conversation and discovery lay ahead. Ookami prepped a basket, filling it with the work of the day. Baked goods of all types shapes and sizes filled the simple wicker walls. One he had weaved himself, Ookami found great satisfaction in creating everything he used with his own hands if he could. It was a journey, and even if he wasn't skilled at it, he found greater appreciation for craftsmen and artisans. Battle was his artform, and he believed that to it's core. He wished to understand the simpler arts, those meant to evoke emotion, or eve just create useful everyday objects. There was beauty in even the supposed mundane, the hard work that went into making a craft effortless. Those masters of the basket, painting, etc, they too honed a craft beyond limits. What they did seemed effortless as if it flowed from them like water. They had put as much work into their craft as he did his. He respected them as equals. And so, out of respect he wished to pay his dues. He had done well, a sea of golden brown filled that handmade basket. Warm treats that were created in the fugue of self reflection... he hoped that didn't make them taste funny. What would he even taste like? BWAHAHA! Whatever it was it probably was hardly pleasant. Next he prepared himself, after making sure to preserve the heat of his work. He wanted them to be fresh or.. as much as they could be, for Winter. She always seemed so cold... so alone. Even a little warmth would mean the world he felt.

Ookami redid his hair, adding to it his favourite ties, dark green, that of verdant and healthy nature. Every so often he tied in a little brass bell, they chimed cheerily, happy to be there again. "It's been awhile fellas, but today is a special occasion, I need your help okay? We are gonna met a new friend today, and she is... well, I don't mean to presume but I feel a great sadness in her. So, my little chime spirits, I need you to give her a warm welcome for me okay?" no answer came, but the old man laughed as if one had. He continued tying each into his hair, one by one his collection of small golden baubles adorned his silver mane of hair. "BWAHAHA! We're looking good fellas! I knew we still had it, still in our prime!" he said admiring himself a little. He shook out his mane, the glittering and chirping of a thousand little stars the accompaniment. He dressed himself in the finest clothes of his he could find in his belongings. He found little but... enough he could work something out. His only particularly nice shirt was several years old and didn't fully fit his large frame anymore. He could only manage a few buttons before it no longer had any slack... hopefully Winter wouldn't mind.

He had just tucked the basket under his arm as the request came through, finding himself in unfamiliar quarters. "Hello? Miss Winter? I come bearing gifts!" he said gesturing the basket forward almost knocking over a loose light fixture. He quickly caught it with his free hand, almost spelled disaster. He hoped she not notice that particular little incident. Ookami was always nervous in new spaces... the unfamiliarity messed with him and the sense of his body ever so slightly. In truth it was the most unnerving part of all this for him. Not even that he might poke a sensitive subject for Miss Winter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2020, 08:10:17 am »

Maddie

"O-Oh, no, that's... that's not what I meant," Maddie stammered, "I know that the tournament's course was important... and, well, it let you grow as much as you did. I more mean, I hope there isn't an existential threat that changes the course of this one. I'm not minimizing it's importance, but... a catastrophic threat here might be good for growth, but potentially not so great for..." she gestured vaguely around the room.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2020, 01:24:37 pm »

Elspeth

Just before the broadcast was scheduled to start, Marita found her seat in the opposite chair. The crew quieted down and took their positions, and then one of them counted down to the start.

"Hello viewers! It's your favorite mech enthusiast, Marita. This is episode 215 of Afternoon Lemonade, and I've got a super special guest for you to meet. Ruby Darter, why don't you tell the viewers a little bit about yourself?"

Marita spoke directly to the camera without much difficulty, the way she acted it was almost like there was a physical audience in the room with her. The fact that she could look so natural was more than just practice, she was naturally talented.

Aleks

"Still trying to sleep." the girl answered in annoyance. She groaned melodramatically and raised her head up to rest on her hand. It seemed like a more uncomfortable position than she'd be in if she just sat up. Now that he could see her face, Aleks recognized her. It would be hard not to, giving she was among the most famous people in all of Tempest: the Fifth God, Blink. "The name's Amelia, since we're apparently on a first name basis now. What are you doing here anyways? You can't have come by just to wake me up?" Amelia trailed off during the last sentence as she seemed to realize something, "Hiroki didn't send you, did she?" her flippant attitude was suddenly missing, replaced by a genuine concern.

Tarmo

Astra looked more annoyed than usual at Tarmo's question. "Let me see if I can remember, it went something like: 'Hey did you see that match yesterday? I cut off the one guy's arm during a raid. He's from the same place as you, you know.'" he explained, "That was a while ago. When I tried to get more information when you turned up as one of the challengers he told me it was a mystery and then made a weird noise with his mouth that I think was supposed to sound spooky." Apparently Astra had come to speak to Tarmo directly because he'd given up on getting useful information out of the God of Lust.

Caridin

"Arcturus?" Four cocked her head curiously and took a couple steps closer to Caridin, "Yup! He said you could use my help. I guess he meant with mech stuffs though, huh? Too bad." She stepped forward some more, blatantly violating Caridin's personal space, "I wouldn't mind ignoring what he wants."

Suddenly, Four sprung forward and latched onto Caridin. Swinging around him, she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. She was surprisingly light as she leaned into his back. Her head moved to his shoulder and she put her mouth to his ear.

"So, you need help learning to use that big sword of yours better?" she whispered gently. This was immediately followed by her releasing her grip on Caridin and shouting, "Well I think I can be of assistance! But you have to do me a favor first, okay?"

Ookami

Winter mostly just looked confused. She'd noticed Ookami's fumbling, but didn't seem to care. She was still trying to figure out what he'd come to her room at all. Her soul still radiating with that same lonely coldness Ookami always felt from her. Since this was the first he'd had her alone, it was also the first that he could be totally certain that it was indeed her that gave him that feeling. But now he had confirmed it, and he could look to discover its origin.

"Gifts? For me? Why?" Her tone was deeply suspicious. It was clear that she wasn't used to people giving her things without wanting something in return. Despite her wariness, she didn't seem afraid.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2020, 02:21:26 pm »

Inexplicable Sword Grandpa Sagas

Ookami took a second, he never expected such a reaction. Wasn't it what guests did? Regardless, he could be sure the things he felt in her soul were hers, and not that of Sleeping Bear. It was a good reassure in this moment ad would make the followup markedly less awkward as this was out of the blue. He leaned a bit, all the brass birds chirping in his hair with the motion. "Don't more people bring food when they visit? BWAHAHA! They truly should, a host of an unexpected guest shouldn't be expected to provide, at the very least not everything." He said gesturing the basket forth, it looked tiny in the giant's hands. Ookami's mirth and the like was infectiously warm, and it was only helped by the scent of cinnamon and freshly baked goods wafting from the tiny basket.

"The only thing I seek in return is to ask you a few things, but first we should enjoy ourselves a little no? You do plenty of hard work, and I am sure it it greatly appreciated even if it seems to go unnoticed. Just an Elder's token gesture." he said, a hint of knowing in his voice at that last line. Ookami could never guess one's exact age, but he knew something about souls from seeing so many... the emotions and feelings within them... they could only grow so large in a human life span. Cardian's light, the pale flicker of a match against the flames of the sun itself in that mysterious man. Winter... well her sorrow was like that which she was named for. It vastness was a force of nature in and of itself... the worth's of a season. Ookami would perhaps come off as more suspicious if it wasn't for the fact his mirth and cheer was utterly genuine. He was not being nice for the sake of pleasantry or because he should be. His kindness radiated from a place that was a part of him, the part that always found the wonder and beauty in every soul he looked upon. Even if they were not truly open books Ookami had a unique insight into people, he could see who they were... literally. He had to interpret what he saw before him, but... he had his entire life seeing the world in this way. His friendliness spoke to who he himself was, that he wished everyone to live to their best, their fullest no matter what that meant to them. So long as it didn't harm of others of course.

Ookami was less of a wild wolf here, and instead a noble wolf spirit. His grace could perhaps be said that he was the fae king of beasts, but that was horribly presumptuous now wasn't it? He smiled warmly, and with a hearty laugh, continued. "Is there a place we could sit? And could you guide me there?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2020, 02:25:27 pm »

"No, no, it isn't anything that important. Was just wandering around when I happened to see you at Hiroki's desk, really."

Well, now Aleks felt like more of a fool than normal. First he'd engaged in a self-fulfilling prophecy of not making it very far, and how he was bothering the gods without even knowing it. Well, he'd woken Blink whether he'd meant to or not, so he might as well ask what she was suddenly worried about.

"Why do you ask that, anyway? Something the matter?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2020, 02:33:26 pm »

Caridin
A mix of shock and several other feelings he'd seldom felt fluttered through Caridin as he felt her breath on his neck, her voice whispering in his ear. Fecking hell, she was even crazier than any fangirl he'd ever had to interact with. And yet... part of him did not dislike this current situation, enjoyed it infact- a part which quickly retreated back into the primal depths of his chimp brain as his light awoke from the physiological commotion and glowered with utter disgust. Needless to say, only mild annoyance remained in its wake. At least they had gotten to the point here.
   "Uh huh... " He said after Four got off him "And uh... just what would that favor be, pray tell?"

He didn't bother trying to hide the skepticism about all this. To his knowledge, Four was no swordswoman. Though... knowing her, perhaps that wasn't it. Perhaps it was the chaos she seemingly embodied which Arcturus felt may prove helpful to him. But be that as it may, even he wasn't dumb enough to just go agreeing to something before he heard the terms first.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:39:53 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2020, 03:53:36 pm »

Hellfire Knight

The girl glanced back up at Maddie for just a moment too long. "That would be good, wouldn't it?" Hiroki sighed slightly on the inside. She wasn't really accomplishing her goal of not making Maddie nervous. "You don't need to, um, be so worried, by the way. You don't need to earn, um, the right to speak with me, or something. You made it through all of Gluttony." No need to burden her with the cryptic words of a villain, either. If she needed to know, she would learn.

Wandering Dragon

The swordsman wasn't sure whether to be amused or irritated at hearing what Astra had and hadn't gotten out of Swag. He'd long gotten over hating the man, but Tarmo had a sneaking suspicion that a lack of contact with him had sped the process up, rather than impeding it. Not really knowing how to address that particular nugget, he moved on to answering the rest of the god's questions. "We were raised in the same facility, as I said. You were eventually removed, along with several others. They held onto me until the day I fought Swag. Needless to say, I lost, and being useless, I was thrown out." His tone, relatively even to this point, darkened with something other than anger at that. "We may have even been part of the same project. I didn't have the details. I am not surprised you don't remember me, though. Fate had a path in mind for you, it seems."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:04:40 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2020, 04:11:40 pm »

Maddie

Maddie winced a bit. "Y-Yeah, of course. I know that. I... made my way here." Was she that obvious...? Although in this case, it was actually less about having the right to talk to her, and more that the Tenth God was a little- er, somewhat intimidating. She shook her head. "Honestly, the thing probably bugging me most right now... Everyone's saying how spectacular a win it was, but well, they weren't in the ring. You ever feel like you didn't really win a fight? ...Well of course not, I'm talking to the Hellfire Knight, but..."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:14:54 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2020, 04:17:33 pm »

HK

The echo of her own thoughts made the Hellfire Knight blink. "Of course I did." Her gaze shifted to the side slightly, as if she were physically looking into the past. The interim might have been subject to the normal wear and tear of time, but those days remained crystal clear in her memory. "My three greatest accomplishments were two draws and a loss." A note of bitterness entered her voice. She also remembered another match she'd fought, after the clash in what was Nil at the time. The wall she had never been able to climb no matter how furiously she had scrabbled at it.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2020, 04:27:30 pm »

Maddie

Maddie blinked, and counted off on her fingers and mouthing to herself. Lost to Lord... doesn't count because everyone loses to Lord, but probably felt like it anyway. Tied with Arcturus, which is just really impressive anyway. Won against Cardinal. Where did the second tie come from? "...I don't think what happened with Cardinal counts as a draw, if that makes you feel better? ...Granted, considering the topic, I guess it probably won't."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2020, 04:39:34 pm »

HK

Cardinal. Right. Maddie didn't know, how could she know? "You weren't there," she said cryptically. "I almost died. Multiple times." This time, her sigh was visible. She still felt like there had been some mistake, sometimes. She had earned her place, yes, but did she really deserve it? Rationally, she knew that it wouldn't have happened the way it had if she hadn't kept going despite everything else, but there was still that niggling voice in the back of her head that said it had been handed to her by others that held the true power. Instead of continuing to dig herself into that hole, though, the Tenth God decided to change tracks slightly. "But, um, yes. People don't always see what you see, when you're in the mech. I understand what you mean."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »

Maddie

Maddie stared for a few seconds - what had she been fighting that she counted as a greater accomplishment than beating Cardinal and saving everyone? She nearly asked; she was definitely a fan of the Hellfire Knight even before joining the ring herself and that sounded epic. But she did notice that the God of Hope didn't seem to want to talk about it. "...Yeah, right. In my fights more than a lot, I think, since for most of them the people watching can't actually see me. That first fight... well, it didn't feel like a win. Neon was basically setting the pace the whole time, and I don't think I actually did any real damage until the last shot. It was a stupid plan that only worked because she didn't expect me to do something so suicidal, and it shouldn't have worked anyway. And yet I've got one win chalked up and her dominating the fight doesn't count for anything." she leaned on the table, rubbing her forehead. And then remembered who she was talking to. "...Dangit, I was ranting wasn't I..."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16