Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope  (Read 10792 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TTG2: Public Void - Chapter 1: Hope
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2020, 07:41:19 pm »

Maddie

The question of why she was here... well, why was she? When it started, she was just trying to get some of the prize money from the sub-tournaments leading up to the big one. She'd won one, then won another, and... hadn't really stopped. As she got further and further, she was waiting for the inevitable crash, but it hadn't yet arrived. She was going because people had their faith in her to keep going... but that wouldn't be enough for much longer. She'd been thrown for a loop enough that she hadn't been able to respond before Neon left.

She didn't get why she got all the credit for the fight; she'd managed to pull a win from her ass at the last second, but even if Maddie had landed a couple hits, they hadn't done anything up to the last one; Neon had been the one controlling the fight; Maddie had simply been reacting to how she changed the game. She should have been able to influence it; while the build was a painful counter to her, the arena should have evened those odds. Instead she'd been toyed with until she managed to do something so suicidally stupid that Neon hadn't seen it coming and she won. If the match on the whole was what counted, rather than who's mech went down first, it would be the other woman's victory.

Outdone in both motivation ("Survival?" What was going on behind the scenes for Neon?) and skills. And yet she got the win. The world wasn't fair, sometimes, even in places where skill was supposed to be king.

But for now she put that all out of mind, because she was facing the tenth god, the Hellfire Knight; the last godhood tournament had began when Maddie was a child, just getting into watching mech battles with her dad. She hadn't understood the greater implications of the battles at the time, but, well, they'd been spectacular.

She ate some of the food, staring at her plate and desperately trying to figure out how to start a conversation. Summon up Boo and let her ask about them? No that's condescending and also just kinda cheating. Maybe ask her how Hope's doing- no that's so dumb, obviously it's great. Ask about the tournament? Well yeah but that's not something you just start with... "...Food's pretty good! Dinner from a chef is a nice change of pace after these last couple days..." What no why did you say that- "...Uh, I'm, nice to properly meet you, Hellfire Knight."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2020, 07:46:17 pm »

Neon

Mr. Eyman didn't have to make a sound for Neon to know he was sneering at her. He hated her groveling, despite the fact that it was his very training that had resulted in her learning the habit.

"Don't bother, we already have a statement prepared." Mr. Eyman instructed, "Since you've taken this route, we've decided to play it up for spectacle. There's already an entire line of goods themed in black with yellow lightning in the design stages. You're going to play that you got tired of acting cute and decided to get serious for the Trial, try to come off as aggressive. I'm talking a real villain here, we want the public booing at the mere mention of your name. Of course we'll make sure the public is aware that it's all an act, but that we want them to have fun hating you. It's unorthodox, but Tim--you know Tim, from accounting?--pointed out that heel personas can still be very lucrative, and we think we can work with this."
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2020, 07:57:35 pm »

Celica

"I don't try to hide much in the first place. My goal is to prove that anyone can become a god if they put in the effort needed, regardless of their disabilities, and that Blink wasn't a one time thing" Celica replied, brushing a bit of hair out of her eyes and waving her hand, "Either way, the only thing I'm afraid of is being forgotten. But that's part of the reason I'm here in the first place" she added, and although she was half correct about not hiding anything, she was certain that she was lying about the second part. She didn't have fears, fear was a useless emotion that hampered her, so she simply got rid of it.

Once more, Celica was thankful that she was able to at least contain her general annoyance and less savory emotions. Everything about Swag seemed engineered to annoy her, from his annoying back to his annoying presence. Knowing his reputation, he was probably doing it on purpose. Which frustrated her even more.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2020, 08:34:00 pm »

Neon

"Understood. I won't let you down, Mr. Eyman." Neon answered without the slightest protest. As always, she waited for her manager to hang up first.

Then, she picked up a pocket mirror from the desk and stared into it. It was a face molded by plastic surgeries, makeups, and suffering.

"You're a rotten person. An arrogant light bulb that dared to compare herself to a star. The lunatic that barked at the underdog and got trampled. You're the worst."

Trinity's words echoed in her ears again. He was likely correct - that was how she should've been seen. The heel that spat at what the sport stood for.

"So act like it."

Abruptly, she screamed and ravaged her own room like a maddened banshee, smashing decorations and flipping tables all around. Even the lights were struck down. There weren't any tears, only bitter sweats. There was a time when she cried to herself, but she had used up her tears long ago. What was left was merely a crocodile's.

In the end, she found herself sitting idly on her bed. Everything was the way it should be, once again.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2020, 08:38:58 pm »

Celica

"I don't believe a word of that." Swag stopped spinning the bag and looked Celica dead in the eye, his presence flaring up to full again, "I'm not just cold reading you, I looked into your past, went nice and deep. It's not pretty. Now, I could go back and tell my furry friend all about it, let him come to his own conclusions, maybe inform the loli rocket too. But I don't think that's fair to you. You're a liar, sure, but the lies we tell ourselves are always more potent than those we tell others. Whatever you've said to convince yourself you're cut out for this path, it's a lie. If you just wanted revenge or to regain your lost life, there's much easier ways you could have pulled that off. Whatever it is that's really driving you, whatever it is you're afraid of, I just want you to know that I'm here to help."

With that, Swag stood and turned to the transporter to leave, his presence dying down entirely. "I'll tell Bear you're just guarded because of your disability and that Blink is just being paranoid. He won't believe me, but he won't press the matter any further either." With those final words, Swag saw himself out.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2020, 10:00:13 pm »

Wandering Dragon

Tarmo mulled the question over for a moment. He didn't usually bring up his origins in conversation. "We were raised in the same place, at first. I don't know how much you remember." He took another bite. "It gets fuzzy thinking back. I was intended to be your bodyguard, I believe. There were others, too. The situation changed several times." Tarmo glanced sideways at Astra. "What did he tell you, anyway?"

Hellfire Knight

The Tenth God peered back at Maddie from beneath a peaked cap, violet gaze unreadable. "It's good to meet you too." Despite the decade that had passed since her ascension, she still looked nearly as youthful as she had at the time. Which was to say "very," as the Hellfire Knight had always looked younger than she was. "You're, um, Ethereal Hunter, right?" She sounded just a bit less certain in her words than she intended to. As if to cover for this, she abruptly stuck her hand out towards Maddie, standing slightly to get the proper reach for a handshake. "Good to meet you too."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:05:43 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2020, 10:18:47 pm »

Maddie

Maddie wasn't all that much taller than Hiroki, so she also stood up a bit to reach over. She... had admittedly expected the Hellfire Knight to be a bit taller than in the videos, but then, she wasn't exactly in a spot to comment. "I, uh, yeah! Yeah, I'm Ethereal Hunter. Right." She nodded as she sat back down, more to herself than to the Knight. Then she was quiet for a bit. "So... you've been watching the fights, right?" she asked. Right. Segue into things. Talk about the thing that's relevant here and then you can move to asking her questions about her tournament then her mech and- should probably wait for a response before getting ahead of yourself like this Maddie come on...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2020, 10:38:20 pm »

Caridin
Caridin stood in the middle of the empty arena, growing more tired of this charade by the minute. What the hell had Arcturus meant? He'd been here since he'd bloody gotten up, and still couldn't find a damn thing of note. Was it all some ruse, just to teach him something? He was beginning to think so, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.
    "Fecking hells..." He sighed under his breath in defeat. With a thud, he lowered himself to the a seating position, and eventually onto his back so he could stare up at the ceiling "All this time I wasted searchin', I coulda been training instead. What the hell does he even want me to find?"

Training... in all honesty, that had occupied most of his waking hours since his match against No Equal. The old man had proven an unsuspected font of wisdom, during their talk after the fight. Figuring out the right balance between trusting yer gut and trusting yer head, and all that good stuff. It was a balance Caridin had still admittedly yet to find, but if doing so was the one way he could overcome his current roadblock, he was going to keep pushing for however long it took to do so. Hell, he was apparently already well on the way to doing it, given the old man had actually praised that final move. There weren't many times Caridin had felt bashful since he'd started down this route, but well... that had been one of them.
    Mostly since the old timer admitted that the play had damn near gotten him. That right there had confirmed that a Favor Burst could've well won him that battle, had he thought to use it in the moment. But even besides that, it had been a very long time since he'd received that type of raw praise, the type you get when someone genuinely, 100% felt what you did was brilliant, and doesn't come immediately counter-balanced with constructive criticism on how your technique was a bit sloppy, or how you needed to tighten your stance, or whatever. Not since... no. Nevermind. He'd only give himself more heartache if he let those memories out to the surface. He already got more than enough of it from the damn dreams. They'd only gotten stronger since the match.

"Hmph, maybe that's why I'm so fecking intent on trainin' meself to death?" he scoffed internally. Training was the... one thing that had always taken his mind off of it, for however briefly. Had been that way since this mess started, really. He could remember it now, back in the old days when sometimes Erikur would have to bar him from exerting himself any further until he got some rest.  How he used to argue back that sleep was for the weak, and that he wasn't gonna stop until he finally got that shit down pat. Then of course, Saga would chip in and say something along the lines of:
   "'Just go to bed already, ye little shite,'" He recited from memory, "'You can't wallop those feckers if you keel over from exhaustion first.'"
    He had known she was right, of course. But though rest brought renewal, true, it also brought the very things he was trying to avoid. Just like now. Maybe it was time to finally stop running. Stop wishing he could go back. Stop the pain that came every time he woke up and realized that was then, this was now, and his experience just seconds before hand had been nothing more than a cruel figment of his own troubled imagination.

But the part of him that wanted so badly to just lose itself in the memories had always overpowered the part that warned against it, the part that knew, and would not be seduced by the past. The part that had raged, and wrought destruction, and would continue to do so until naught remains. When he slept was the only time his light lost it's edge enough to be subdued...

"Feck, now I've gone and made meself sad and shite anyways... bah, what now? Am I just supposed to fecking sit here, wait for somethin' ta happen?"

He didn't have any other ideas, so....he folded his arms behind his head and got comfortable.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2020, 10:56:33 pm »

Caridin

Caridin was awoken by something poking and prodding at his face. A voice was talking, but it took a moment for his groggy mind to register what was being said. In the meantime, he was able to recognize that he'd been asleep a pretty decent while.

"Hello, sleeping hottie, you there?" the voice finally came through in its entirety and Caridin was able to open his eyes.

What met his gaze was certainly unexpected. Kneeling beside him and prodding his face was a very attractive young woman with pale skin, medium length red curls, and green eyes. She was dressed in all black, a tank top with an excess of cleavage, a skirt, leggings, what looked like dance slippers, and a large black cloak, the hood of which was currently down. Also, there were two of her.

It might take a couple of blinks to confirm that in his grogginess he wasn't just seeing double, but Caridin seemed to be faced with a pair of identical twins. The one messing with his face noticed that he was awake and stopped her prodding.

"Aww, you're not dying." she said, apparently disappointed, "Any longer and I was gonna get to give you mouth to mouth."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2020, 11:33:06 pm »

Caridin ("Sleeping Hottie")
"What in the goddamn..."

Caridin ran through a variety of scenarios as to what the feck Arcturus had set him up for here, as he took in the current situation. He falls asleep and wakes up to identical twins poking him?
Actually, maybe they had nothing to do with whatever Arcturus had planned. Perhaps they were just... two random fan girls who happened to find him by chance? Or they tracked him down. But that was the creepier option, and a bit too egotistical and unlikely to pan out, in hindsight. He definitely couldn't shake the creepy fangirl vibe he was getting here though, so... he decided to just play it as cool as he can while he sussed this whole situation out. If his gut was right, he might need to start thinking up an exit strategy.
    "Uh huh..." he said as began picking himself up off the cold ground. "Sorry to disappoint ye, ladies, but nae, I'm still very much alive for now. I got the feelin' ye both already know that I'm Raguel, so... might I ask yer names?"

"Please don't let this get fecking weird... I already got enough on me plate as it is."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2020, 06:47:25 am »

The Hellfire Knight nodded. "Mostly my own tournament, but I tried, um, to watch the highest levels of the others." The topic of the tournament almost seemed to make her uneasy, though it was difficult to separate that from her general awkwardness about talking to strangers one-on-one. "There's a lot of different builds in play but, um, I think everyone here is a strong contender." She was unmistakably thinking about something else as she spoke.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2020, 09:10:47 am »

Maddie

Well that had been a segue into asking for her thoughts on the fights here, so that derailed the plan that she shouldn't have thought of in the first place, but Maddie could work with this. "Yeah, I agree..." Maddie shifted awkwardly. "I wasn't really able to watch the other tournaments, since Gluttony took so long, but I recognize most of the fighters from watching tournaments before..." she said. "...So, uh, how does this compare with the last tournament you think? I watched the recordings as a kid, and I just... well, it kinda helped me get into mech fighting." While Maddie delivered that in a mostly neutral tone, internally she squirmed. Why did you put it like that you dolt now you sound like a starstruck fangirl-
Sigtext!

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2020, 04:09:12 pm »

Celica

As soon as Swag admitted that he knew of her past, a dark shadow suddenly manifested over Celica’s eyes, her somewhat flippant and casual appearance now completely gone.

He knew her past? Ever since that day, Celica had made sure to take care of any loose ends that would reveal her nature to the world. Yet he claimed to know,  and even admitted that it “wasn’t pretty”. She could agree to that, when one looked at her history, but she didn’t understand how he could’ve known. No, he could only be referring to her Father’s assassination by a rival, and the day that left her unable to walk. There simply was no way for him to know more than that.

Of course, any thought Celica could give to his words was immediately thrown out once he stated that she wasn’t cut out for the Tournament, the only visible indication that she took offense to it being a small narrowing of her eyes. Remaining completely silent, Celica merely watched Swag move from his corner to the teleporter, and in the moments before he left, Celica let out an agitated sigh, leaning back into her bed’s pillow,

“As if I’ll need it.” Celica muttered to herself, just loud enough for Swag to hear moments before he teleported, leaving the lone Ezner in utter silence. Despite being alone and fully awake though, Celica remained still for several minutes, brown eyes staring into the emptiness of her room, before ultimately pushing herself back up, dark expression still lingering on her face.

She had work to do, seeing as she was still not seen as having earned her spot.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2020, 05:04:20 pm »

HK

"It's. . ." The god thought for a moment. "Different. I had no idea who I was fighting. A lot of the people here know each other already. And, um, the reasons for fighting feel different." She wasn't sure she should speak further on that. There seemed to be something missing from a lot of the contestants; there were so many of them that were just here for fun, or as some kind of bizarre training regimen. Self-improvement was what they were looking for, but what did building yourself up towards no goal at all accomplish? Not that she could say that much: in a sense, she'd been fighting for something less than almost everyone else in the tournament.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2020, 05:56:59 pm »

Caridin

"You don't recognize me? I'm hurt." the standing girl was the speaker this time. Perhaps disturbingly, it seemed their appearances were not the only thing two two girls shared, but their voices as well. "And here I thought we'd made a connection." her pouting was clearly an act, but Caridin got the sense that she was genuinely a little hurt.

The kneeling girl stood up and they both waited for caridin to join them on his feet before continuing the conversation.

"Allow me to introduce myself again, since you went and forgot about me." both girls spoke in unison. They intertwined their fingers and pressed up against one another, each lifting one leg up in the air. It was a ridiculous pose. "It's me, the chaotic and sexy champion of the arena, Four!"

Right as she said her name, the Four that had been standing initially vanished, and since she was balanced against herself, the remaining Four stumbled forwards in surprise. Impressively, she managed to convert into a cartwheel and come out of the ordeal on her feet. Considering how much of her combat style revolved around constant improvisation, it wasn't much of a surprise that she was so spontaneous in person.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16