Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: If(someday when) the creaters of DF passed away, what would become of these foru  (Read 3202 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

-ms?

Where would you go, if they closed down?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

Cyber-oblivion?  Oh wait, I'm already (t)here.  ;)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile

Doesn't he plan to give control of DF to one of his relatives or a trusted person if he dies? Heard something like that somewhere.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

AFAIK there is a document stipulating that in the event of Toady's untimely demise the ownership and creative control of Dwarf Fortress would be split 50/50 between Tencent and Electronic Arts. Pathos would be in charge of arbitrating disagreements.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought Disney was going to buyout everything related to Dwarf Fortress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile

Pathos would be in charge of arbitrating disagreements.

Ah, so we would all get a say in what happens. I love democracy!

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

HOW DARE YOU GUYS THINK SUCH SOMBER THOUGHTS

OF COURSE NETEASE IS GOING TO BUY IT AND HORRIBLY DESTROY IT, RESULTUNG NETEASE'S HEADQUARTERS GETTING STORMED BY AN ANGER MOB
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I thought Disney was going to buyout everything related to Dwarf Fortress.
Could be. I mean Disney has been buying a lot of stuff lately.

But I think it's more likely it will become an Epic Games exclusive
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xyjam3/what-will-happen-to-gamings-most-ambitious-experiment-when-its-creators-die
Fake News! I heard from my friend's cousin's dad's half-brother who is a janitor at Bay12 that ToadyOne and ThreeToe are actually Lizardfolk Illuminati and will live forever!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Disinformation! They are toad man and sloth man necromancers!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Disinformation! They are toad man and sloth man necrothreaders!
FTFY
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of this false information going around is covering up the truth, when they pass away the game and all files related to it are going to put in a safe then thrown into a volcano!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

As it should be.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, as I read the OP, then the question is not about the Dwarf Fortress game, but about the Bay12 community.

I hope we would have time to agree on a new forum to migrate to.
If Rimworld have an independent forum, then that would be a possible successor.
I.e. part of what makes the Bay12 forum is that there is one central game that everyone (I guess) have some interest in, but it allows people to take a break from managing dwarfs, and just hang out in the lower forum until the interest is rekindled or a new version arrives.  :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.
Pages: [1] 2 3