Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54298 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Lucidan smiled at the sound of a distant "wao food" as a blob discovered some untended morsel and promptly tended to it.

"I should get a blob. They're cute."

At least things were peaceful right now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Tomo nods.
"I used to have a pet blob. I'd stick it in my headwrap on longer jobs so I could keep up with feedings..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"What happened to it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"...Not to interrupt, but I had a pet once as well. It was a Cerberine Ember Plumed Killwolf who followed me into battle as my companion. I was not supposed to name him by orders the church-Dragonheart ate a dozen Borea footsoldiers before he went down." Xerxe commented idly, though with unmistakable pride in his first partners sacrifice. He did not often talk about his past, but he was feeling whimsical tonight.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"It took an arrow during a fight and I rehomed them... Uh, Lil' Jiggles was fine, by the way. Just didn't like most pointy things."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Oh."

"Maybe we should just get one for the guildhouse, then, and keep it inside so that kind of thing doesn't happen to it."

Lucy turned to Xerxes.

"Sorry about your wolf. Sounded like a good dog."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lucy turned to Xerxes.

"Sorry about your wolf. Sounded like a good dog."

Xerxe nodded in thanks. "...He died well. It is our final gift from the Gods." He said, a bit sadly.

Sometimes Xerxe thought he saw his own death in dreams. When he was younger it seemed so remote and fragmentary, but as he grew older it had become more and more solid...one day-perhaps tonight-the face of his killer would be clear enough to see.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Family never let me keep a blob. They always said they'd eat too much....even when I promised I'd pay for all the food and take care of him myself..."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile

"Hm... Sorry for your loss, Xerxes, but it sounds like that dog really was something else. He'll continue being your partner in your heart."

Largo checks his arm guard and fixes its binding for a moment.

"Must be nice, having a pet. Maybe I'll get one when my life situation becomes more stable. A blob or a small animal that could always play and crawl around on my shoulders, sounds cute."
"Then again, I've always been the nomadic sort before I joined this crew... If the wild parts of Generia call my name again, it'll be hard taking care of a pet if me being well-nourished every day isn't guaranteed."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2020, 09:39:47 am »

"I don't think I've ever had a pet. Bowler has always been a trusted companion to me, not just something to take care of to feel good about myself."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Family never let me keep a blob. They always said they'd eat too much....even when I promised I'd pay for all the food and take care of him myself..."

"Perhaps like my former masters, they feared you becoming too empathetic. These are hard streets for soft hearts..."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2020, 11:17:42 am »

"A hard heart won't keep one alive in Ishim, either. It takes a passion, a fire in one's heart. I'd rather fight alongside someone soft whom I can trust, who knows why they fight even though they're scared, than one of that grim not-here-to-make-friends sort of folk."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Uh....I...I don't think my family was particularly thinking about that kinda stuff, Xerxe."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Evie laughed at the whole conversation about pets.
:"I never really had much in the way of pets, although the guy I used to work for had a couple of cats. One of them was a real nasty piece of work. Would take chunks of skin off of anyone but him or me."
:"Real hard not to love the little bugger, ha ha."

Evie's smile actually settled down for a moment at the thought of that, turning more dreamy and nostalgic for a moment, although it was only for a moment before she returned to her normal expression.
:"There are a lot of cats out there that are... kindred spirits to me, y'know."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evie's smile actually settled down for a moment at the thought of that, turning more dreamy and nostalgic for a moment, although it was only for a moment before she returned to her normal expression.
:"There are a lot of cats out there that are... kindred spirits to me, y'know."

"Figures you would be a cat person." Xerxe stated evenly.

It was just more proof of their elemental opposition. Xerxe served order, and she served chaos. He liked dogs, she liked cats. Rainy days and mondays always got him down, while he thought she was always pleased with gloomy weather and loved the start of another work week of pranks. She pulled 'jokes' and Xerxe was the least humorous person who ever lived-though somehow Evie still found reasons to laugh at him. The fact she hadn't tried to pull a prank on anyone all morning was suspicious enough-she was probably waiting for them to let their guards down.

And then bam! Itching power in a pegasus's wings! A Vulneary with a paper snake on a spring that jumped out when you opened the bottle! A pair of bootlaces tied together! All the spoken passwords to the hideouts secret entrances changed to "Xerxe has a limp whip"!

All he had to do was wait and watch and he was sure she would make a move sooner or later.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:10:58 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60