Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54295 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2020, 02:16:53 pm »

"I believe Largo was carrying a weapon I could use...not that I will judge if he keeps it for personal reasons."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:36:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:09 pm »

"...In fact, a fair division of spoils is just and right! That is why I kept a list, to make sure nothing disappeared into a fairies pockets..."

Quote from: Loot List
Sorted
Elegant Tessen (Given to Lucy)
Tiger Katana (Given to Lucy)
Knotted Whip (Given to Xerxe)
Accuracy Ring (Given to Tomato)
1xSilfursverd Brandy (Given to Tomato)
Pata (Given to Tomato)
Singe (Given to Lagata)
Iron Shield (Given to Largo)

Plus~

3xStamina Boosts
4xVulnearies
2xEnergy Boost

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:54:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2020, 03:23:38 pm »

"Right, right, here you go, Xerxe."

Largo passes the Knotted Whip to him.

"Keeping that would only give Lucy the wrong idea..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2020, 03:35:12 pm »

Xerxe lashed it experimentally at imaginary sinners.

"Double the knots for extra pain!

Thank you, Largo. And I believe you might be chosen to bear the iron shield if you want it..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2020, 03:38:11 pm »

"You mean the right idea. What's the saying? 'If it's not rough it isn't fun'?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2020, 03:41:51 pm »

"I'll take the ring and the brandy if you guys don't mind. Could come in handy later."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2020, 03:45:25 pm »

"Thank you, Largo. And I believe you might be chosen to bear the iron shield if you want it..."
"I wouldn't mind the extra layer of protection, but if someone else wishes for it, they can have the shield."

"You mean the right idea. What's the saying? 'If it's not rough it isn't fun'?"
"..."
"..."
"Why you gotta say it like that when I love a good, rough fight..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »

Lucy wiggled her eyebrows suggestively when Largo said 'extra layer of protection'.

"Close enough, though, isn't it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2020, 04:17:11 pm »

Lastelle hands Tomomi the Accuracy Ring and the Silfursverd Brandy.

"What do you folks think, how should we deal with the next band of scoundrels that inevitably crosses our way? The logic of them obviously being manipulated by someone didn't work on the Rogues, and anyone who chase us due to those pictures is probably too dumb to do anything but follow orders anyway."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »

"We should defend ourselves, but....we need to be careful how we fight. If we hurt them too badly, they'll never believe us even if we prove we didn't do it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2020, 11:06:30 pm »

"If we defeat enough of our enemies without slaying them perhaps people will begin to question the stories told about us..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2020, 12:31:42 am »

"I'd say I'm a lover not a fighter in the first place, buuuuut honestly I'm pretty good at both. I'll just keep the weapons under wraps when I use 'em on people."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2020, 01:55:57 am »

Xerxe updated the list.

"..."

Quote from: Loot List
Sorted
Elegant Tessen (Given to Lucy)
Tiger Katana (Given to Lucy)
Knotted Whip (Given to Xerxe)
Accuracy Ring (Given to Tomato)
1xSilfursverd Brandy (Given to Tomato)
Pata (Given to Tomato)
Singe (Given to Lagata)
Iron Shield (Given to Largo)

Plus~

3xStamina Boosts
4xVulnearies
2xEnergy Boost

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2020, 02:02:39 pm »

As the group makes their way out of the mansion, two eyes are on them from afar, viewing them from atop a roof among the houses lining the street.

".....are you sure these are the guys who did in my blood brother?"
"Positive. I saw their handiwork myself. Would I lie to you, Junius?"
"Forgive me if I'm doubting a Runner, Lowell. Not exactly the most trustworthy of people."
"The Hood Street Runners, I admit, aren't well known for their.....trustworthiness. But....Cassius had a vision. Gathering all the gangs in Ishim to fight the real enemy.....well, even I had to admit, I don't find the Demon Lord taking over our city an appealing concept, Junius."
"Remember, the Chiefs don't take shit from anyone, Hood. This better be good intel, Hood. The Warriors.....they're no gang. We mess with them, we better be prepared to fight a war."
"Oh? Are the esteemed Drake Park Chiefs scared of seven people?"
"Seven people? No. Seven people, including their guild leader's sister? Even I'd stay away from that fight. You know the rumours about them. You cross the leader of the Warriors, you've signed your own death warrant."
"Ohoh, rest assured. As long as we take retribution before they get back, they'll never know who it was. And besides.....with the entire city on the lookout....they won't get far."
Junius huffs, before looking aside.
"....I still don't trust this."

The large, imposing man walks away towards the edge of the roof to clamber down the ladder.  When Lowell was sure the man was out of earshot, he pulled out his tablet, to type a quick message.
Is it done?

Within a minute, a short, blunt reply returned.
No.

Lowell looked suddenly at the last of the Warriors rounding the corner of the street. He closed his eyes, sighing.
".....it seems I'm also on a time limit."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 2: Rocky Road to Claudine
(1:10 AM)

The streets of Agreste District are relatively quiet at night. Most other days of the week, the loudest distrubances you'll find are boozed adventurers, mistaking the local vending machines for Cocoa Beetles to slaughter for meat and finding themselves showered in Tauriner, bits of stone and magitechnical devices, or the occasional night worker, heading into the city for the night shift and accidentally tripping over someone's pet blob left outside for the night. Indeed, as a result of Agreste District being almost rural in the northernmost reaches of the area and the place generally being occupied by rich idiots with no day jobs and retired adventurers with no need for day jobs, the District is among the quietest in the city. That is, except one day of the week, differing from week to week but always happening like clockwork, whether it happens on Megara, Rhea or Discordia.

One of the country's favourite pastimes aside from gambling, idling about in the dreams induced by Succubi and general debauchery is the sport known as football. Much money has been pumped into football, in large part due to many adventurer prospects who feel too unprepared for the life heading into sports, where the risks are infinitely higher and the prizes infinitely lower. Tonight's match was a home game between two of the city's football clubs, Ishim City and Gautland FC, two of the most talented teams on the continent. With a crushing defeat of 6-0 to Ishim City, today was a disappointing day to wear the blue and white. Now, one constant across the multiverse is that football fans, whether on Earth, Generia or anywhere else, gather in pubs, plied with beer, fish and chips and what have you, to see their teams play, and have reactions commensurate with their disappointment. In a room full of drunk, angry fans, that can spell only trouble.

Nico leads the group from the front. For the last couple of minutes, she's been leading you down dark alleys and side roads. It seems she knows the city like the back of her hand.
"If you guys just keep foilowing me, we'll be at Claudine Street in about five minutes, and we can juuuuuust slip on the last tram!"

The time is 1:10 AM, the streets are deserted and the lamps need replacing. Not a soul in sight can be seen nor heard, except for the occasional meow, or the mewling of a blob being fed, and an empty can of Staminan blows across the street as you walk down the middle; there being no carriages, horses, wyverns, pegasi or other form of transport this being late at night except for that you'd summon, it's just faster and more expedient this way.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60