Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54257 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2020, 07:08:08 am »

"And you intend to prove yourselves by charging en masse against a superior force? I like your style, but I don't think that's wise. You see, you're going to die. Not 'you' collectively, but 'you' personally."

Lastelle points at the spokesman.

"Even if your gang were to eventually beat us, there's no way the first of you to charge isn't going to die. And considering you're in the front, it seems appropriate for you to be the first to jump to his death."

Lastelle raises her scythe, ready to swing it at neck level.

"Come on then, let's get this over with. Or if not you, who wants to be the first?"

"And don't worry about being the last. That's right, everyone gets a turn."

Lastelle starts pointing at individuals intimidatingly.

"You will die. You will die. You will die. And dragons willing, every. Single. One. Of you. Will die."

This is all a bluff, of course. The Rogues definitely have the numbers on their side; Lastelle could break both of her scythes on their necks and there'd still be more. But a seed of doubt might eventually grow into a tree of fear, and is best planted early on. Breaking through the line and making for the tram will probably be the best move.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2020, 07:21:29 am »

"Oh, so you'll kill us like you did Cassius, huh? Guess Toranosuke was right to bring all of us. It'll take all of us to capture someone like you! We're doing the right thing here!"
Whoever this Cassius is, you have absolutely no idea.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2020, 07:28:33 am »

"What did I do to deserve a fan club this lame?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2020, 08:14:25 am »

"It's a waste to kill so many guys."

"But they're making it us or them, so I guess we have to. Hey! Out of our way!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2020, 08:26:21 am »

"What did I do to deserve a fan club this lame?"

Xerxe was proud of Lastelle and a bit envious she beat him to the big heroic speech moment.

"...Nice speech, Lastelle! Also, sometime I'll tell you about your actual fan club..." He whispered to her, taking his place by her side in what he assumed was an appropriately cinematic showing of shared unity.

He figured it couldn't heard to reason with the fashion horrors a little more. He still needed to limber up his whip arm after last night.

He gave them another, small speech, using his 'church voice'. It was said to be terribly convincing at times.

"...We have no idea who this is Cassius is. It was not us who killed him-if he is indeed dead. But I do not expect you to believe. It is too much to hope that all men are honest, and that all men are moved by honesty. Most cannot recognize it. I can.

You speak of capturing us for some crime. Is it justice you want? If so-I wish to say. You are being deceived by the plots of wicked men in the service of evil. We have seen the marks of conspiracy and could show them to you. Does this deception not rankle your hearts? A warrior may live or die, kill or be killed, for reasons he sees as just and right-but, to be moved to act by a falsehood...there is no glory in that. No respect, either. You will soon be merely seen as tools of greater powers...and tools are not expected act of their own accord."

Xerxe found he pitied the foolish clowns who opposed them. They were not truly warriors, though he had no doubt they could be dangerous in their numbers. Fools were innocents in the eyes of the Gods-their fates not of the one they chose (though of course, no man could choose his fate) they suffered the most when death came upon them unaware. Attacking them would be...distasteful. He had come to know many of these sorts of rogues in his time living in Ishim. While they were all to the man and woman terrible sinners, most were just desperate and lost souls who were only dangerous when cornered. Or goaded by those they trusted. Those who were small and weak often dreamed of strength to protect what little they had.

But once his weapons began to sing there would be no holding back. Xerxe was naive in many ways, sheltered in some-but war was the one thing he had practiced since childhood. He knew what was likely coming next.

"But if wish to forge the Gods truth in combat, we await too, your decision. I can only caution you to think carefully..." He said, sadly. In the end it didn't truly matter. If the Gods meant for them to die today, he and the Warriors were meant to kill them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2020, 08:59:30 am »

"Oh for the love of..."

Largo tries to calm down, keeping his breathing steady.

Crowds. Why does it always have to be crowds?

And why are the others so eager to go for the jugular? Especially against a gang of street rats dressed like circus assistants?

"Listen. Guys. Ladies. Gentleman of the uniquely-fashioned kind. We are adventurers first and foremost. We don't do hit jobs on civilized races, we slay dragons and such. We also don't really have an overlap with the Asher Street Rogues, at least I can't remember us having such a thing. Even if you rise in prominence, we have no reason to go straight for you or whoever Cassius is. Was, sorry, my condolences. In addition..."

Largo goes silent for a second or two.

"... you know that the Wharf Street Warrior's boss could have become a Heavenly Emperor if they wanted to, right? It just so happens that if something happens to us on this very night, you will earn the Bosses' ire, guaranteed."
"We have no beef with you, at least for now. But if you want to have beef with us... Well, don't bite off more than you can chew, because the Warriors serve their ass-whoppings in extra large!"

Well, Largo's not much better about the jugular thing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2020, 09:09:56 am »

"Easy there, Big Blue. All we need to do is soldier right through them. If they end up hurt that's their own fault for being in our way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2020, 09:17:21 am »

"Don't worry, I know my priorities, Lucy. I just have this tendency to swing my massive, muscular arms quite far while running..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2020, 09:23:30 am »

"You don't have to tell me how massive and muscular you are; I've noticed."

Lucy turned back to the Rogues.

"Come on guys. We've got things we got to do in the morning, and you probably do too so let's all just forget we saw each other. Otherwise, the only thing you're doing tomorrow is sitting in the hospital."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2020, 09:28:22 am »

"You don't have to tell me how massive and muscular you are; I've noticed."
Right, I forgot you're an Elf...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2020, 10:21:42 am »

"Listen. Guys. Ladies. Gentleman of the uniquely-fashioned kind. We are adventurers first and foremost. We don't do hit jobs on civilized races, we slay dragons and such. We also don't really have an overlap with the Asher Street Rogues, at least I can't remember us having such a thing..."

"At least we didn't run into the Wharf Road Rogues." Xerxe proclaimed. There was entirely too many 'clubs' in Ishim to his liking. By the time he learned their names, they had usually been consumed by larger gangs, which in turn fell apart and became new organizations.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:26:13 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2020, 06:07:46 pm »

"Orders are orders, lady! We can't let you pass! As Heroes of Justice and soldiers of the Hokage, we can't!"

The brightly-clad fools roar their approval and get ready to fight.

Oh well. Nico looks around the group, frowning.

"Remember, let's not rough them up TOO badly while looking out for yourselves, alright? We're not here to mess people up, just getting out of here!"

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
~~Map Theme (Heading to Kamuro Hills)~~
A masked man stands, three bodyguards and him between you and freedom, at the very end of the back garden.
"Remember, don't hurt them too badly! We need them alive to claim the reward! For the honor of the Asher Street Rogues!"
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 0/100
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:07:39 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2020, 06:31:39 pm »

"Don't worry, Nico. I'll be gentle. As gentle as I can be with these battle-hardened gauntlets, that is."

And with that, Largo bulldozes towards the rogue across him.

"Try to stab this, rogue!"

As Largo winds up his punch, he tightens up his entire body and infuses it with ambient magic at the same time. The result: A body with tense but also hardened muscles. So tense in fact, his skin takes a more reddish tone. But thanks to the same magic, it doesn't hinder his offensive capabilities in the slightest.

"The Oni's in town!"

K, 27. Wild Shape, attack Gen C with Fists.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2020, 07:12:38 pm »

"Did they say something about a reward..?"

Lagata shook her head.

"Well, I guess it doesn't matter.  Nico doesn't want us to mess people up too much..."

With a quick gesture, the kitten flipped open her book, raising her other arm on high.  As a grin spread across her face--a terrifying grin that the Wharf Street Warriors would fear as an expression of purest rage--her hand, suddenly, burst into a blinding flame.

"But you jerks don't really count as people.  So maybe you'll tell us what's going on, before I burn you to cinders for wasting my study time."

Lagata to L-27, Arcfire Gen C.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:19:12 pm by Lucus Casius »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2020, 07:19:33 pm »

Tomo cracks his neck as he starts getting ready to move in on the dumb sods that decided to engage.
"You're obviously not that smart so I'll be nice about doing this..."
In a burst of speed, he's gone to J27 entering from the side via K27.
"So I'll break everything except your neck!"
Knuckles' fist finds it's place in the Genin's ribcage along side his silver cestus.
After a moment he looks to the currently unmolested rogue as if to ask if he got the line right.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60