Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54253 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 5: Starlight Legend
« Reply #810 on: August 07, 2021, 10:28:09 am »

Xerxe rewrapped his whip and attached it to his belt.

"Oh well. With all their talk I'd thought they'd be tougher...guess dishonor doesn't make you that much stronger after all, Oswald? You played dirty, and you're still the one kneeling to us. Might as well develop some morals in the future. It's clear this path just led to your defeat-try a different way, or you'll just end up in the same place. Friendly advice...

You know, we're really at a danger of overconfidence now...no gang in the city has done much to slow us down. But anyone whose smart is going to be waiting for us outside our front door. I mean, it's the one place they'd know we're going."
He mused.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #811 on: August 07, 2021, 01:28:40 pm »

"Would they really come to our front door? I'm pretty sure attacking Nico in the Boss' earshot would be their last mistake."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 07, 2021, 01:35:19 pm »

"It would be pretty stupid of them to attack us on our own turf, but I haven't seen any proof they're that smart, either. Sure they hit us with a frame-job, but it was pretty poorly done... nevermind that no one that's tried to come after us could take us even with a million years to train first."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 25, 2021, 05:06:44 am »

Nico sighs, resting against a lamppost. The night was wearing even on her.
"How are you guys holding up? I'm....getting a little beat myself, after all this."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 25, 2021, 10:44:46 am »

"My legs aren't tired in the way I'd like, but I could use a long sit-down once we get back to base. Otherwise, I'm great. You guys have done a real good job of clearing out everyone so I can be lazy for once."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 25, 2021, 06:36:25 pm »

"I've always had a thing for brawling, Nico. So although this if is pretty extreme even for me, I can still hold up somewhat."
"Plus, you're all family. My own pride doesn't allow me to stop as long as there's danger around and I still have something to spend. Energy, willpower, as long as I have reserves, I'll use them."
"... Even if I have to admit that the fights lately also pulled on my sanity. Getting real battle-drunk there. That's no good in the long run."

Largo now slowly stood up, looking at his fists before pressing them together.

"Good thing we're almost home. If we all get home and can get some well-deserved rest, then getting cranky for a bit is no big deal."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 25, 2021, 07:56:12 pm »

"I'm holding up fine."

"Well, that's a lie. I'm high as a kite on adrenaline and will probably crash the moment we get to safety. Bowler will probably have to have a rest day tomorrow as well."

"At the very least, he's getting plenty of exercise."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 07, 2021, 07:15:06 pm »

After a moment to catch a breather, Nico picks herself back up.
"Right, you guys ready? We're pretty close. I'd say if we keep moving, we'll get back to the guildhouse within...an hour."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 07, 2021, 07:31:10 pm »

"As ready as I can be. Don't want to crash just yet, so can't stop for too long either way."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 08, 2021, 01:54:40 am »

"Let's go, then. The sooner you're home safe the less worried Boss'll be."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 08, 2021, 03:28:52 am »

"And the sooner I can... go to class.'"

Lagata sighed, morosely holding up the vial she'd recently mixed together.  At this rate, it was the only thing stopping her from passing out the moment she walked onto campus.  And she'd not even had the chance to test it yet.

"Pfeh.  &@$# with it.  Somehow I don't feel like this is over yet, and I am deeply hoping that, if someone is left to be crazy enough to jump us before we get home, that the @!*#&$% professor that decided to have a test this early in the week is there so I can set him on fire too."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 08, 2021, 08:43:48 am »

For a moment, Largo got surprised by Lagata's colorful choice of words.

"..."
"Hum..."
"Yeah, I'll chalk that one up to major exhaustion. Let's go if everyone's ready. One final push!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 11, 2021, 03:37:30 pm »

Let's see if they saved the best for last.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 13, 2021, 08:39:25 pm »

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Ishim...
Lowell downed another can of Ishim's finest budget beer, Moors Lite. The Hood Street Runners were not known for being the richest of gangs, but Lowell needed the drinks. This had to be the third case.

After all, his last ditch attempt at stopping the Warriors from making it back home had just failed.
"....useless. Absolutely useless."
This wasn't going at all how he'd planned. The Warriors were supposed to be out of commission, Cassius was supposed to be dead, and the Messiahs were supposed to be telling him all about it right now.

To find out that the Starlight Soldiers, of all guilds, was now siding with the Chiefs and the Warriors, was the last thing he needed, on par with finding out that the Heavenly Emperors had shown up again.

Some of the Runners stood near their boss, waiting for orders.
"Not even Oswald....who do these bastards even have?"
"Well, sir, they have that L chick, girl on the pegasus. The big oni, Big Blue, he goes by. The dancer chick, too; supposedly she used to be an adventurer outside of the guilds. The others, we don't know about, not yet. We'll get you more info-"
"No. That information's useless now. If the Chiefs, the Soldiers and the Warriors are getting together, we're not gonna have much of a chance. Not unless we put Cassius in the ground, get those pictures out, and get our scheme rolling. Do we know where in the seven hells he is?!"
"No, sir. Nobody's found him or the girl who saved him. Apparently she goes by Hare."
"Shit."

Lowell rubbed his temples harder, taking another swig. If Hare was involved, it wasn't long before the Boss would be involved. And if the Boss got involved, he might as well say his prayers.

"What forces do we have left on the ground?"
"Some of the Messiahs are still willing to go up against the Warriors, said they'll meet up when they can. The Rogues said the same, and the Orphans and the Furies are still in play. Of course, we got our own group."
"....let me guess, we didn't get the Riffs?"
"They hung our messenger upside down and took his clothes. Walt's okay, but he'll need some time to live down the embarassment."
"....guess we don't have any choice, then."

Lowell stood up.

"Get your weapons. We're going to Wharf Street. Those Warriors aren't making it back, and if I have to do it myself, then so help me Goddesses, I'll do it."

He paused.

"And while you're at it....prep the trump card."
"Sir? The trump card? It....it won't be ready until-"
"If an entire city of gangs won't stop the Warriors, do you really think we will without that thing? Get it ready. Get the team moving it into position. I want this ended NOW."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:49:44 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 13, 2021, 08:40:03 pm »

Chapter 6: The Fiercest Warrior
(5:00 AM)

Historically, Wharf Street was the first street in the city to face the new day, as new ships would sail in on the Erite River and dock at the various wharfs for which the street was named. With the rise of the Magitram system, of course, early morning trams now run long before the sun rises, but back in those days, the earliest quests might be acquired by hanging around Wharf Street and waiting for requests to flow at bulletin boards at the wharfs. The wharf houses, originally simply meeting houses for adventurers, began to be run by those adventurers directly, becoming the city's first guildhouses for adventurers specifically. Even when the ferry terminals moved further into the city, the wharf houses remained, as adventurers could simply chart boats down the Erite into the rest of Midgardia. In any case, the transport links nearby make Wharf Street prime property for any adventurer group able to pay the rent on the now very expensive guildhouse properties, including the Wharf Street Warriors.

The Wharf Street Warriors is one of many adventurer groups that make their home on Wharf Street. However, being the strongest and most famous, even other adventuring groups that take up Wharf Street know; there is only one group called the Wharf Street Warriors, the fiercest of them all.

The sun was beginning to poke up over the horizon, the dark blue of the night sky giving way to light blue, and shortly, orange.

The streets were empty, save for the occasional worker heading towards their workplace, whether to open up the guildhouses for their compatriots or to head into the city proper. A few blobs slinked about, gnawing on pieces of forgotten fast food, and nearby, an adventurer sleeping on a bench snorted, almost falling off and waking up, catching himself with the grace of a crippled goose. The harking cries of salesmen from Sanada and Lipiz district could be heard in the distance, hawking their crafts.

Nico held her crystal tablet in her hand, quickly flicking through it.
"Okay, guys, I think we have signal. We're getting close, so...let's call in for help when we get inside, and maybe we can get some rest, yeah?"
//Everyone may post!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60