Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54258 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2020, 08:11:01 am »

Startled, Lastelle takes to the air and shouts behind her:

"We're under attack, Warriors! To arms, warfaces on!"

She turns back towards the dark trees, draws her scythe and strikes a sneering aerial pose.

"Show yourselves! Show yourselves, or Lagata will burn the whole garden down! Or maybe you'd rather have Largo uproot those trees and beat you to death with them?! Surrender now, and we'll show you mercy!"

Of course, Lastelle would rather not cause so much collateral damage; burning down the whole garden is "probably" a bluff.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2020, 10:39:03 am »

"Sure, I'll tell you later Xerxe. We can talk about it on the tram."

Then Lastelle yelled out a warning, and Lucy drew her sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2020, 01:28:50 pm »

"For the love of the Gods, a battle approaches!" Xerxes said, jubilant.

Here was something he could understand perfectly. His whip cracked out in a familiar circular defensive posture-it's holiness in question, but its efficacy unhindered.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:30:39 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2020, 01:45:00 pm »

Tomo quickly donned his cestii, taking up position in the door way and trying to get a view of the attacker. He may have been dumb, but he had learned some things. Things like "Don't stay in full view of ambushers are range." and "When Lucy is asking about farming, it's probably not actually farming.".

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2020, 02:06:04 pm »

Largo checks if his new copy of "Flow Like Water - 101 Ways to Make A Splash", that kind of tome collectively known as Yliaster, is still in a good condition, then he readies his gauntlets.

"So be it. Let's show them what the top tiers of the Warriors are capable of!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2020, 02:08:41 pm »

Nico runs up to Tomo's side, assuming her own battle pose as Hare rides out on her horse to take point.
"I'll take point! Warriors assemble!"
"I've got your back, Knuckles!"

Several moments pass, before Lastelle is answered by a veritable army clad in the most god-awful stealth disguises ever, so awful you wonder how they even snuck in past you, with bright oranges and obvious blues clashing with the green lawn and the pale brick and stone of the mansion walls.  They spill out in front of the front gate, seeming to form a loop around the mansion.

And there are way, way too many for the Warriors assembled here to fight. Hare thinks quickly.
"I have a plan! Warriors, take Nico back inside the house and head out the back! I'll lead off as many of them as possible to clear the way!"
"W-wait! I...these guys look familiar-"
"I don't need to know that right now! Warriors, can I trust you with Nico? I'll meet back up with you when I can! Greyhound!"

Hare charges forwards through the crowd, smashing a path through for herself into the army gathered to deal with the Warriors. Most of them distracted by her charge, none of them are looking back at the Warriors remaining behind, leaving them the opportunity to run while they can; indeed, a large portion break off to chase Hare, but her horse is too quick and she too agile to be caught.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2020, 02:12:50 pm »

Knuckles nodded at Nico's support. Watching Hare run off, he quickly called to the others.
"Quick, get in here and shut the door behind you! There's too many for us to stop them all."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2020, 02:15:44 pm »

Largo returns and silently closes the door behind him after making sure the rest is also inside. So silently and so devoid of attention-raising, only a true Oni could have done that.

Lucky that Largo was such one.

"Guess I owe Hare a bottle of her favourite now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2020, 02:20:27 pm »

"I guess the back door is fine too. Largo, mind moving something heavy in front of the door before we slip out the back?"

Lucidan was already moving toward the other exit to the mansion, doing quick sweeps with her eyes to make sure nobody was going to jump out at them before they they got outside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2020, 02:47:06 pm »

Grudgingly accepting the retreat, Lastelle has Bowler land and dash inside. She makes sure to duck her head just as she goes through the door (she's hit her head enough times to know to do that).

"Can't say I expected them to actually show themselves. But let's hurry, Hare's trick will only work for so long."

Not bothering to dismount, Lastelle heads for the back door.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2020, 03:36:34 pm »

Watching from behind the doorframe, Lagata shook her head and stepped aside to let the others hurry in.

"What the heck is going on?"

She paused as a thought struck her, and as the others hurried back. 

"There's no way we're catching the tram, is there?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2020, 03:40:11 pm »

"If we make it to Claudine Street before one-thirty, we should be fine to make the last tram back and it'll land us directly back at Wharf Street. I think."
Nico seems distracted.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2020, 04:08:38 pm »

As suggested, Largo moves something heavy that was nearby in front of the, well, front door.

"Then let's hurry to the backdoor. I'll be at the front, crashing through the group like they're bowling pins and you'll deal with anyone still standing, just in case I won't score a strike."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2020, 04:27:37 pm »

Xerxe seemed half ready to charge after Hare, until he was possibly yanked back by one of his friends.

"Such villainous colors! An eyesore on Ishim!" He declared, flipping his bright rainbow cloak testily as he followed the rest, bringing up the rear in case any opponents should break through. "I'll guard our flank! Advance without delay, friends!"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:29:32 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2020, 06:46:58 am »

As the Warriors make their way through the mansion, Largo having located a massive bust of what looked like the Goddess Freya to place in front of the door to hold it shut, they are surrounded by the noises of feet on stone, rushing to chase them around. They can just about hear them giving up on breaking the door down behind them, which is both good and bad news.

Good news, they won't be backstabbed by a ton of fashion disasters.

Bad news, you're likely going to be plowing right into the path of most resistance.

....and indeed, as you round the corridor into what looks like the dining room, several iceboxes scattered around the floor, you can see just enough to see that the back door is blocked off by the colorfully-dressed fighters. Under the light of the mansion, you can see that almost all of them are donning metal headbands with odd symbols.

Nico finally speaks up.
"I think I know these people from the Academy! They're the Asher Street Rogues, some small-time band of Revivians who operate out of Agreste. All they normally do is try to pickpocket people and play stupid pranks on people. They usually hold 'em up in the drunk tank along with the disorderlies. They're not really a threat....normally...."

One of the Rogues blocking the way outside hisses at her.
"You underestimate us! We'll be the next big gang of Ishim! We've already got two-hundred members AND people actually avoid us instead of laughing at us like the fools they are! Soon, we'll be at the top of Ishim and everyone will give us the respect we deserve! Believe it!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60