Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54275 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 4: Tramspotting
« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2021, 03:45:22 am »

Meanwhile, Largo starts sleeptalking. Or, rather, by virtue of his deep, rugged voice, sleepmumbling.

"Hrm... Tend'r... br'sts... S' good..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2021, 08:08:25 am »

The dark elf audibly choked back a giggle upon hearing Largo. She figured he was talking about chicken since he was talking about it earlier, but this was definitely going to be some more ammunition to tease him with when he woke up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2021, 08:18:02 am »

"Lucy, you ever think your mere presence seems to have an effect of the universe? It's like innuendo follows you everywhere, even when it's not you specifically doing it. I know your dances have that invigorating effect, but I swear you were just drawing or something when Largo mumbled that."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2021, 05:52:12 pm »

Nico takes a seat opposite of Tomo.
"Movies? What are those?"
Tomo stares blankly at Nico, needing a moment to process the question and remember what the closest equivalent there was in Generia as well as the sudden appearance of the lovely young woman. Finally he nods, leaning back in his chair, blushing at his momentary distraction.
"Ah, they're uh... like plays in function, but... you know how you take pictures? You basically pre-record them by recording the audio as you take a bunch of pictures rapidly, so you essentially capture a play that people can watch without having to go specifically to that showing. It's a huge industry back on earth, with stuff from every genre, there'sevenshorterepisodicstuffthattheymakecalledTVshows. IwaswatchingthisforeignoneaboutagirlwhorunsashowonlinebeforeIcamehereactually."
Tomo speaks quicker as his nervousness and excitement start to process in his head and subsequently get to him before he quickly shuts himself up before he can ramble more.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 25, 2021, 10:14:27 pm »

"Maybe so. I wonder if he prefers the dark meat... on a chicken."

It was obvious Lucy was barely paying attention since her mind was on her art, but she was still able to come off with a half-assed innuendo on the spot. After a few moments she turned her tablet around to show Lastelle.

"What do you think? She's super cute, right?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 26, 2021, 06:29:13 am »

Lastelle gives the art piece a good look, clearly giving it a chance, but hesitates a bit before stating her judgment, putting its honesty to slight question.

"It's great!"

"Though...I get that it's the Kaisei style, but I've never understood why they draw the noses so small in it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 26, 2021, 08:03:46 am »

"It's because you can't really make noses cute if they look realistic. So you just kinda go like 'it's about here-ish' and go on with the rest of the face."

She didn't know if that was the actual reason, but it made sense to her and was the reason why she kept up the tradition.

"It's been awhile since I've wanted to draw something. Maybe I just needed a quiet moment for it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2021, 03:20:27 pm »

"Huh? Tomo? You okay?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 03, 2021, 02:54:40 pm »

Tomo is quiet for a few moments as he recollects himself before finally nodding once.
"Y-yeah. Just uh... I guess this night has gotten me all pumped up. You know, has me really feeling kind of... I don't know, it's making me feel like I want to do this every night kind of."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 07, 2021, 06:31:23 pm »

""...not going to lie, I can kinda see where you're coming from. I WOULD like to be able to go home without being chased by a bunch of crazy people thinking we killed somone, though."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 11, 2021, 11:46:49 am »

"Yes, you're...we're fighting to go home, aren't we? Maybe that is why there is no weariness. Don't stand between a soldier and his bed, good words to live by."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 11, 2021, 01:58:33 pm »

"Someone else's bed sounds pretty good right now."

Lucy was already drawing again even as she off-handedly replied to Xerxe's remark.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 15, 2021, 06:44:00 pm »

"You can borrow my bed if you like, Lucy. It's an economical drab grey, spartan one person military bunk, without any of those annoying fluffy blankets or pillows. So you don't get tangled up if you're ambushed in the night and have to wrestle away some assassins."

Xerxe usually slept with his arms crossed over his chest and one eye open for heretics sneaking up on him while he was sleeping. It happened all the time, you know.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 06:47:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 15, 2021, 08:11:46 pm »

"If it's gonna be just me in it, I'll pass. Thanks though."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 20, 2021, 04:59:02 pm »

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Ishim...
"Damn it!"
Lowell cast his crystal tablet aside, infuriated. He was sitting quietly in a hotel room in Pacifica District, overlooking Ishim Bay. It was a plain room; the Hood Street Runners weren't, after all, the richest gang in the city. Only a few Runners were inside with him, monitoring the entire situation, all of them studying their leader with trepidation.

Staying in the Runner's home base at Hood Street, after all, would be suicidal. He had picked a fight with the Warriors, the city's second strongest guild. He'd come after the Boss' sister. And he'd set an entire city's worth of gangs upon them.

And it was going horribly.
"Someone tell me some good news. Any good news. We had the Rogues come after them, nothing happened. We tried to sic some of the rowdiest hooligans we could find on them, nothing! What about the Annas? Do we know what happened to them?"
"No, sir. We were able to force an early cancelltion to their convention with the smoke bombs, but a few of our guys on the ground said a few of them checked their friends into a nearby hospital. Nobody saw any of the Warriors with them."
"What about the others? Where are they? They said they caught up to them on the tram. We need to make sure the Chiefs don't catch on. We need them on side for this."
"Negative. Some of our guys caught some seriously powerful magic on the tram. Whoever they ran into there, they weren't messing around."

Lowell rubbed his temples.

The Warriors were proving a lot harder to get rid of than they really should be, and it was starting to seriously get on his nerves. And now they likely had the Chiefs on their side, if they'd gotten out of the tram unhurt.

"Who do we still have on the ground? We're still getting people in position at Wharf Street. Anyone else?"
"The Haller Avenue Orphans, the Buck Street Furies and the Gramercy Messiahs want to claim the bounty on the Warriors. The other gangs are either asleep or told us they wanted no truck with the Warriors."
"The Orphans and the Furies? What do we have, amateurs? Goddess damn it. Okay, fine. The Messiahs are all we have until we can get everyone set up? Okay. Get me Oswald. The bastard's cracked, but he's all I have. Also, the others should have checked in by now. Cassius, that prick....he should be dead. Please tell me he's dead. We need SOMETHING to have gone right tonight."

The Runners looked between each other anxiously. Lowell glared at them.
"No. Don't tell me..."
".....our guys checked in at Mercy West Hospital. The only guy who could still move said some rabbit chick on a horse showed up and kicked all of their asses before bailing Cassius out. Nobody knows where they went. They said she looked like a Warrior."

At that, Lowell paled.

If Cassius was alive, he could make it back to the city. If he was being helped by a Warrior, the entire scheme was doomed. The Chiefs were the strongest gang in the city, almost on par with an adventurer guild. The rumours were that a good portion of them were adventurers themselves.

The Runners were finished if Cassius and his mysterious rescuer weren't dead by the end of the night.
"....then find them. Find them, make sure they don't make it back to Wharf Street. If the Messiahs are anywhere close to competent, they'll have the Warriors stopped in Harel District and we can still come out on top. Goddesses..."
Lowell reached for the beer. At this point, he was going to need it.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60