Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 54339 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"OK. I'll keep an eye out for you Xerxe."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

As some members of the party, presumably, wobbled off Xerxes voice echoed back into the street.

"...Hey, shouldn't you be watching in front of me...?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Lucy sighed, walked back, and put an arm over Xerxe's shoulders.

"Can't leave you alone for ten seconds, can we? Well, you just keep watching the sky and I'll make sure you don't trip."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Tomo smiled at the high spirits of everyone, but looking to Nico, he sighed to himself.
I hope this doesn't cause trouble for Nico. I don't think the Police would let her in if she had murder charges...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

The painted man, after conversing for a while with his men, comes back over to the Warriors.
".....so, you ready to get goin'? My boys and I, at least the ones who can walk, are ready. We called the medics for the others, they'll be here in five minutes."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Tomo nods, not wanting to cause even more trouble at this point.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, let's go!" Xerxe said, walking straight toward a bucket.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Lucy gently pulled him slightly to the side with her arm around his shoulders so he'd miss the bucket.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A hopeful sign could be spotted dimly in the distance.

[NOW ENTERING THE BUCKET DISTRICT. ENJOY YOUR STAY!]

Hopefully the team would be taking a different street.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:33:39 pm by Dwarmin »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The man begins to set off, before he pauses. He looks almost sheepish.

"Alright, where are my manners? Name's Owyn. Owyn Pendergast. Seems like I should introduce myself, given we'll probably be together tonight....and I'm gonna need some names, just in case the wife asks."
"Actually, you know what, we'll miss the tram. Let's talk on the way."

Owyn Pendergast has joined the party.
As the party walks away briskly towards the last open tram station north of the city, they miss a pair of eyes fixed right on them.

"....hypnotism, huh?"
"I don't like this. Not one bit."
"But....no. Surely that....no. If anyone could've taken Cassius on, these Warriors....they look like they could do it. Lowell wouldn't lie to me.....I hope."

He whistles to a group of armored men, wearing black and gold like him. They begin running up behind him silently, pausing as he stops them with a finger in the air.

"Chiefs! We ride! Stay in the shadows, and keep away from lights. And be careful. We might outnumber them, but we're nothing to an actual adventuring group. Remain cautious."
Someone's head is rolling for killing my blood brother tonight, that's for sure.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 3: Money, Money, Money
« Reply #430 on: August 04, 2020, 10:56:14 am »

Chapter 3: Money, Money, Money
(1:40 AM)

As the districts get closer and closer to the city, they become less and less affluent, with people too poor to afford either a country home or a home smack dab in the middle of town buying property on the outside. Aureliana District is one of those areas. Being a buffer between the rich Agreste District and the even richer commercial district in Aviane, Aureliana is generally far quieter than either, generally being home to the churches as well as commuters into town. Fiorina Street has a long history as one of the oldest running stations in the city, being one of the first out-of-town areas to get a tramlink. During the daytime, it is a popular tourist destination for those interested in the history of tram lines, generally restricted to those who flunked out of Adventuring Academies.

However, at night, it is sometimes home to those far more unsavory, from the gangsters who operate in the city, as well as worshippers of Freya. And tonight, it is home to the most unsavory group of all....

The time is 1:40 AM.

The streets are deserted, except for the Warriors and the small group that had accompanied Owyn. Ahead of you, down the street, you can see the bridge carrying the tram line to and from Fiorina Street station, the sign flickering above the stairs from ground level. The bridge has a few advertisements for Clash of Legends and energy drinks nailed onto it. The street lights are flickering again, and an unnatural quiet sets into the air.

"Alright. We'll be there in like....two minutes, at least."
"Gonna need to top up my tram pass. Used up the last of my credit getting out here. Don't own a wagon, you see."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:17 am »

"I've always though the warriors could use a wagon to carry our spoils. I don't like supplies being left behind..." Xerxe said conversationally. "But our funds are limited, and the tram is cheaper. Or hoofing it...then again, I'm used to marching."

Indeed, Xerxe rarely varied his step or pace, relentlessly making distance with measured strides and no complaint or signs of fatigue. Unless he ran into a bucket, that was.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 04, 2020, 11:25:54 am »

"Didn't you guys break the wagon after the last job? Still need to drop by the repair shop. I always said, "dragonfire insurance is a good idea"...."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 04, 2020, 03:09:46 pm »

"I'm not sure those were Dragons. They looked like firebreathing bats. Does the policy cover those too?" Xerxe said. This was a strange town.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 04, 2020, 06:20:51 pm »

"Ugh."

"I'm going to be glad to get home and put my feet up. Maybe soak them in some hot water for awhile."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60