Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turf War: Cyberpunk 2020 (OOC)  (Read 555 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Turf War: Cyberpunk 2020 (OOC)
« on: February 13, 2020, 05:14:02 pm »

Boostergangers have long been considered an irremovable part of modern culture. No matter how hard the corporations, police, or other gangs try to wipe them out they always stick around like a bad infection. Historical attempts to limit their power and damage typically took the form of bloody, expensive crackdowns or simply giving up and walling off the inflicted areas as "Combat Zones" allowing them free reign so long as they stay away from the more civilized parts of town. Yet recently corporations have begun seeing them as a potential asset. While certainly lacking in finesse compared to the corporation's own forces or hired contractors, they act as cheap, disposable, and deniable foot-soldiers who can be deployed in-masse for the price of their rifles (so long as they are allowed to keep the weapons for their own purposes after the job is done). This has increasingly resulted in an escalating proxy war between the local corporations and their allied boostergangs.

Word on the street is it started with a standard mission. Corporation A hired a couple of gangers to hit a warehouse owned by Corporation B. What A and B are always changes depending on who is telling the story, but they're always big names. Turns out Corporation B was hiding some major tech in that little warehouse and sent a team into the no-go zone to recover it. The locals didn't cooperate with the corpo forces. They'd either hightail it or start shooting, significantly hampering their investigation efforts. Reasoning that locals will have an easier time navigating the area, Company B took a page from A's book and handed a bunch of guns to the gang's rivals in return for capturing and returning the stolen property. The property was recovered after a major gunfight deep in the city, so the story goes. This incident proved the viability of utilizing booster gangers both in and out of their territory, leading to other local corporations capitalizing on the new trend. Night City saw the rise and fall of multiple gangs as one would take on a corporate sponsor and expand, step on the wrong toes and get suppressed, or forgo corporate backing only to get pushed out by someone who took the guns. Its been full out corporate warfare. The nights are filled with gangers blasting each other with high-quality equipment fresh off the assembly line. The days are too, if you're unfortunate enough to find yourself in a combat zone or the fighting spilled out again.

Now where you come in. A man came to you with a job. Jason, a fixer working for... well, he isn't telling you who he is working for. All he will tell you is that his "sponsors" got burned with their attempts at buying their own personal booster gang. So they came up with plan B, if they can't buy one they'd make one. Your mission is to take the streets for yourself. Jason and "the company" will provide you with payment, information, and the occasional armament. You are left with absolute discretion on how you do the rest. Recruit members, make allies, crush the enemy personally...He'll offer advice, but in the end the decisions all fall on you. Will you raise a violent combat gang striking fear into the population of our fair city? A noble self-defense gang making the streets safe again? Or perhaps a poser or party gang? We will see soon enough.

------

Cyberpunk 2020! Something I've wanted to try out entirely due to hype for 2077. As the opening blurb said, this scenario is focused around The Gangs of Night City either from or inspired by the Night City Sourcebook. Its Cyberpunk! Trade your humanity to have more guns in your body! Recruit followers with Rock an Roll! Be Stylish!

Character creation follows the standard rules, with the following additions:
-You may choose to have 50 points instead of rolling for character points
-The lifepaths are optional. If you choose the charts you may pick the background flavor instead of rolling randomly.
-Non-core 2E books are accepted, as are skills and equipment from them.

The Discord server will serve as a quick way to answer any questions you have about character creation.

Without further ado, lets get cracking!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Turf War: Cyberpunk 2020 (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 11:47:47 am »

Currently one player has expressed interest! We still need a couple more before we can begin.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Turf War: Cyberpunk 2020 (OOC)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:25:47 pm »

We'll probably need at least two more players before starting.