Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965  (Read 1884 times)

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:17:47 am »

Gtk-Message: 14:53:11.581: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965 (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)libGL error: failed to load driver: i965libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965 (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)libGL error: failed to load driver: i965libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)libGL error: failed to load driver: swrastThe program 'Dwarf_Fortress' received an X Window System error.This probably reflects a bug in the program.The error was 'GLXBadContext'.

I got this error today when I started the game. Latest version DF Ubuntu 18. I believe it's a tileset problem( I use an ascii tileset) so I change the PRINT_MODE to TEXT and the game starts successfully. The odd thing is that yesterday I played just fine and didn't update or change anything either in computer or in game setting.

I still want to use the tileset. What can I do to fix the libGL?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 11:09:40 pm »

Hello. I recently upgrade my system from 16 to 20, and got similar issues where my 32bit versions of game (43.03, 42.06) wouldn't start, and this error was part of the problem, at point getting nothing in console but Failed to load module "atk-bridge" or getting " DFHack fatal error: Not a known DF version. " - which aren't necessarily useful errors here.

I managed to solve the issue, however:

For fix, I did the following
1. Install all the old and new libraries wiki mentions - with the exception of libjpeg62-turbo (but I did get libjpeg-turbo8, libjpeg62, libjpeg-tools and libjpeg-turbo-progs).

2. Ineptly try to find more libraries to install like ones relating to ncurses or mesa or libz

3. Get error of curses_640x300.png not found . Use https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Installation#.22Not_found:_.2Fdata.2Fart.2Fmouse.png.22
- note here: for regular DF launching I had bit different path (determined by locate) and needed to use export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libz.so.1 in df file, and have distro_fixes.sh in folder for dfhack file (as dfhack shell script find it and calls it to locate zlib).

- simply adding the same line in dfhack file wont work - this is indicated by the error:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libz.so.1' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

(meanwhile, with ./df you can instead get errors like ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.)

4. ensure the df_linux/libs folder has libopenal.so and libsndfile.so symlinks - present in most, but not all of my lots of copies.

At this point, the game launches in TEXT or 2D modes, but not OpenGL modes, getting same error as OP alongside libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

5. in libs folder, rename libgcc_s.so.1 to libgcc_s.so.1.backup, or delete it. For me, the game now can run all the normal openGL modes such as STANDARD, VBO or TWBT.

Note that this does rely on your system having better libgcc_s.so.1 handy. This may not be always the case.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:23:51 pm by Fleeting Frames »