Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40438 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2020, 03:15:34 am »

Is it good money?  Ask obliquely.  Also ask about the ring, but don't mention the one we have.

I thought we had the assassin's signet ring.  Did he have multiple on his person?
+1 lets kill this guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 02, 2020, 02:54:23 am »

Although you can't get her to outright admit a value, you manage to gather that the pay will be in gold rather than silver, which implies a fairly high price.

Anything else to ask?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 02, 2020, 02:57:21 am »

Where does the target live and work, does the method of assassination matter, and does the target have a guard detail?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2020, 03:01:01 am »

Where does the target live and work, does the method of assassination matter, and does the target have a guard detail?
+1 All important info.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 02, 2020, 03:18:44 am »

The target is a Ba Soro.  You are told that you want the younger Ba Soro, and not the elder one.  The home is given as a pair of conjoining apartments in the Merchant Quarters.  There is no information forthcoming as for the guard detail, but she expects it will be somewhat similar to her own, although maybe a little more, given that they probably know their assassin failed by now.  So expect something special.

Also, "Apartments" is being used in a general sense.  These are basically urban mansions with dozens of rooms across multiple floors, not your two-room home.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:20:51 am by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 02, 2020, 03:49:56 am »

What does he look like?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 02, 2020, 04:07:31 am »

You get a description, but he's just an ordinary guy.  You'll recognize him if you see him.

Feel free to ask more questions, but you'll be down to two actions when finished.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 02, 2020, 04:08:23 am »

Let's move on.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 02, 2020, 04:56:55 am »

If there are no further questions:

Make a show of going to the apartments in the area to inquire about open servant positions, citing our experience under Huan Zhang.  After hitting a few nearby apartments, go to Ba Soro's apartment and try to get a servant job there.  Carefully inspect the interior of the apartment building for anything we can exploit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:00:39 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 02, 2020, 05:02:07 am »

Make a show of going to the apartments in the area to inquire about open servant positions, citing our experience under Huan Zhang.  After hitting a few nearby apartments, go to Ba Soro's apartment and try to get a servant job there.  Carefully inspect the interior of the apartment building for anything we can exploit.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 02, 2020, 09:44:57 am »

+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 02, 2020, 12:43:56 pm »

You fail in the primary goal of infiltrating the target.  You do get several job offers on the way there, however.

First off, from the outside the buildings look reasonably secure.  Each building is about four stories tall and made of wood, and the two of them are surrounded by similar buildings.  Some are all residential, either for small apartments, larger apartments, or urban mansions, and some have ground-floor businesses in them with living space above.

There are no sizeable ground floor windows, as is normal, but you make out four doors.. a front and a back one on each of the two buildings.

What was meant by conjoined you can see means that there were two seperate buildings, except they've been connected on the first two floors by a sort of passageway, an addition built linking them across what was once an alleyway.  It's been built up to two stories, but still looks like seperate construction.

You do manage to get inside as part of your attempts at an interview, but you are only lead to a foyer, and are constantly under observation by a servant, as they talk about how nobody is being hired at the moment, and that you should look elsewhere.

You are a bit pushy about things, and try to press the matter a little, trying to wear down the senior servant who is dealing with you, and sort of succeed.  After about fifteen minutes another person enters the foyer; a foreigner who is wearing a full suit of decorated gleaming steel armour, a full on dark-blue cloak, helmet off, and a sizeable foreign-style sword.

He's very intimidating.

Anyway, you are shooed off at that point, being told to leave by the foreigner.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:32:13 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 02, 2020, 01:33:24 pm »

Discreetly watch the building and note who leaves and enters it.  If the target leaves the building, tail him.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 02, 2020, 02:07:58 pm »

Discreetly watch the building and note who leaves and enters it.  If the target leaves the building, tail him.

If you go with that, let me know what weapons you will be carrying.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 02, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »

Is it correct that our Dao training does not improve our ability to fight with the dagger?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47