Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40520 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 11
« Reply #525 on: April 10, 2020, 02:53:30 pm »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 10, 2020, 02:57:02 pm »

"There are also those working professionally.. you can do some asking around and finding out who are the key people in the area, and then you can try to track them down and see if you can confront them."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2020, 04:41:12 am »

"There are also those working professionally.. you can do some asking around and finding out who are the key people in the area, and then you can try to track them down and see if you can confront them."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 11.2
« Reply #528 on: April 17, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »

Going with the slow method, you decide to see if you can find some publications or people who are celebrated recently, and take down names, starting with magical theory and methods.

It doesn't quite go well.  Of the first two leads you follow, one of them is dead, and the other one spends half the year in the northern provinces, and won't come back to the city until the Autumn.  Waste of time, that, unless you're willing to cross half the continent to speak with a slightly more prominent magical researcher than most.

The third lead is a little more promising.  There is a Bu Siro who looks interesting.  You cannot understand his paper, but it's something about some kinda transitive propery leading to.. something, but you'd hardly expect to understand something this advanced with your little training.

More importantly, you know the guy works in town, and Zhang should be able to find out where, if you want to make contact.

With that, the week comes to an end.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 17, 2020, 06:56:52 pm »

There are no dreams this week.

The news is pretty unsettling.  There's a full on riot going on in the foreign quarter, with the streets full of looters and more than a few buildings burning down.  Nobody is stupid enough to attack your weapons school, although it does mean you end up practicing elsewhere this week.  This turmoil certainly means danger, with many normal activities subject to more risk than normal.  Then again, it might also mean opportunities.

Training does go pretty well, perhaps with events sharpening your focus a bit, but not enough to yet gain any significant improvements.

You have time for three actions this week.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 12
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2020, 07:03:07 pm »

Go to the Foreign Quarter and offer to assist the guards with the riot, citing combat skill.

This should be a decent way to gain prestige and skill.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 07:09:35 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 18, 2020, 06:43:31 am »

Go to the Foreign Quarter and offer to assist the guards with the riot, citing combat skill.

This should be a decent way to gain prestige and skill.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 29, 2020, 08:09:51 pm »

I know this is dead, and I apologize for necroing it, but I was just wondering what that black dagger did. Was it truly minimally useful?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 29, 2020, 08:40:54 pm »

It's not actually dead.  I'll update this after k-com this weekend.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 29, 2020, 11:41:40 pm »

In order to volunteer, you first need to get to the right area.  This can be difficult.. things are unsettled, but you eventually work your way through the various crowds and get an overall look at the situation.

It's.. bigger than you thought.  This riot is far too big for one person to handle.  At least one person such as yourself.  Maybe some of those other selves would have been able to quell an enormous riot.

But you can probably find someone you can help out.  Some possibilities that come to mind, from less risky choices to more dangerous ones:

1.  Protecting quiet small apartment buildings.  You'd basically be standing in the foyer or by the door, to encourage people to move on.
2.  Protecting quiet small businesses.  You'd be doing the same, but there'd be more exposure to the public and more risk of combat.
3.  Protecting active small apartment buildings.  Same thing as before, except now there will be people on the streets and you can almost ensure some confrontation.
4.  Protecting quiet mansions or installations.  Larger businesses or small estates, foreign or otherwise.  Might be hard to talk your way in, as there will be some security already.  These sorts of places are much more attractive to looters.
5.  Protecting active small businesses.  Similar to the above, but the rioting is already in the area.  From here on the choices will get increasingly dangerous.
6.  Protecting active mansions or installations.  It'll be challenging to talk your way in, and you can expect combat, (quite possibly to arrive at the area) but things will be dangerous.
7.  Protecting a guild of artisans shop.  These seem to be at the centre of most of the riots, and are responsible for making many high end luxuries for the foreign trade.  You're not certain if these are just accessable luxury targets or the thing that kicked off the riots, but these are the dangerous positions.
8.  Breaking into the Iernan Ambassador's Mansion.  This is just mobbed and it looks like it'll get burned down sometime soon.

Alternatively, maybe protecting things isn't your bag, and you'd prefer doing something else?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:47:39 am by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 30, 2020, 12:09:10 am »

May I ask what the looting opportunities are?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 30, 2020, 12:20:39 am »

Same sort of things in reverse, basically.  Or something else if you come up with it.  If you have any specific questions I could answer that?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 30, 2020, 12:24:26 am »

Is there any intel in the embassies that might be of value to someone?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 30, 2020, 01:21:57 am »

That'd probably take at least one action if you want to gather info about that first.

..and another roll to see if you get out of the district safely, since you're already in there.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 30, 2020, 01:36:13 am »

Hmm. Do people think we should protect or steal?  We need money, a lot of it, in order to travel to Mzulft, and ideally we would get language tutoring before we leave, which would be another expense.

Looting might net us some things we can sell, or it might get us into trouble, or both. It could even hurt our prestige. Protecting a business or mansion could also net us some money, either from the grateful owners or the corpses of would-be thieves, and it would also potentially increase our prestige and get us a useful connection. However, it might be more dangerous than looting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:22:30 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47