Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40615 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2020, 06:59:43 am »

I don't remember what's the time limit?

We don't know exactly how much time we have.  This is all the information we have on that: "In all cases, you are more or less against the clock, having to find out what's wrong with the world, and fix it, by whatever means seem effective to you."

My opinion is that we really have more important things to do, as there is a time limit.  We have enough money to last us for a long time, and we'll have even more once we sell the gemstone
It would be rude to quit in response to a raise

It wouldn't be rude to ask to stop risking our life after nearly dying.  We are not obligated to die for this person.  Even if it was rude, it would be ruder to let the entire world be destroyed, which is what will happen if we don't fix the problem in time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2020, 07:03:40 am »

I don't remember what's the time limit?

We don't know exactly how much time we have.  This is all the information we have on that: "In all cases, you are more or less against the clock, having to find out what's wrong with the world, and fix it, by whatever means seem effective to you."

My opinion is that we really have more important things to do, as there is a time limit.  We have enough money to last us for a long time, and we'll have even more once we sell the gemstone
It would be rude to quit in response to a raise

It wouldn't be rude to ask to stop risking our life after nearly dying.  We are not obligated to die for this person.  Even if it was rude, it would be ruder to let the entire world be destroyed, which is what will happen if we don't fix the problem in time.
Fair point

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2020, 07:35:32 am »

That's a good point I'm changing my vote.

Ah, I see.  I'd like to quit, but thank our employer for her aid.  Offer to come to her aid if she is ever in immediate mortal danger.  The next assassin could very well be our death.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2020, 08:52:14 am »

That's a good point I'm changing my vote.

Ah, I see.  I'd like to quit, but thank our employer for her aid.  Offer to come to her aid if she is ever in immediate mortal danger.  The next assassin could very well be our death.
+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2020, 12:20:31 am »

You inform her that you'll be refusing her offer.  It doesn't go over well, but with the assassin dead, it'd be nearly impossible to say that you have done anything less than fulfill your duties properly.

There is one line that stings, though, "You can't protect anyone from immediate mortal danger if you aren't with them."  Which kinda makes it clear that your offer is just words.

Nevertheless, you left your job, and did so with a full pocket and a bit more experience.  Passing up on that bonus hurts some, but in this glorious late spring weather, it's hard to be down on yourself.  And you've done something remarkable that most people could not have done, which certainly deserves some kudos.

You have two actions this week.  Investigating the assassin's gear (including ring and gemstone) will take one action.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2020, 12:22:32 am »

I feel bad... but we have bigger fish to fry.  My vote is to investigate the assassin's gear.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 12:43:20 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2020, 01:22:01 am »

I feel bad... but we have bigger fish to fry.  My vote is to investigate the assassin's gear.
+1, if we didn’t need to fight an evil, and learn about said evil, I would have continued the job...the bonus would have been helpful, however the time was constraining

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2020, 04:25:17 am »

+1, if we didn’t need to fight an evil, and learn about said evil, I would have continued the job...the bonus would have been helpful, however the time was constraining
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7.1
« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2020, 02:08:55 am »

Well, time to go shopping.  Or reverse-shopping?  Maybe that's still shopping, except shopping for experts?  Buyers?  Something?

In any case, time to go out and see what's up with the assassin's gear.  There's that dark blade, which upon a closer inspection seems quite mundane to your eyes, just dark gray steel and a fine but not exceptional hilt.  It's not quite the same size as yours to fit in your scabbard, but it's close enough if you were to modify it a bit.  Swinging it around, it seems functional, and not practically anything better than the one you already have.  It scratches and cuts like any other piece of steel.

That said, you head to that merchant you found earlier with the weapon, to see what the shopkeeper makes of it.  You wait a bit for the shop to empty out, there being a few browsers around looking at weapons, but eventually get some one on one time.

When you put the black blade on the counter, it's like you've unveiled the Holy Grail.  "That's Shun Ziji's!"  "The famous nightblade Shun Ziji's black blade!"  "I'd know it anywhere, how did you get it?"

Uh huh.  What do you do, and how do you play this?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2020, 02:13:43 am »

"I'm glad you recognize it, but I'd rather not go into how I obtained it, if you don't mind.  That's personal, but suffice it to say, it wasn't easy to come by.  I hope that's alright, ma'am."

Edit: actually, I'd rather just avoid the question.

"What?  I had no idea it was anything more than just a mundane blade!  Amazing!  Does it have any special properties?"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:44:10 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2020, 11:07:44 am »

"What?  I had no idea it was anything more than just a mundane blade!  Amazing!  Does it have any special properties?"
+1

Looks like we killed someone famous without even realizing it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2020, 12:09:13 pm »

+1

Looks like we killed someone famous without even realizing it.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2020, 12:24:14 pm »

I mean. I think we all knew that guy was a hot-shot of some kind.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2020, 02:53:20 pm »

"It's.. Shun Ziji's!"

"I mean, I don't know, but it's Shun Ziji's!"

"Look, you can't keep that here.  Shun Ziji's going to come for you.  You gotta get rid of it."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »

"...Very well, ma'am. And what about this?" Place the gemstone we found on the counter.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47