Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 40561 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2020, 06:59:00 am »

Stay on the defensive. Maybe he has something to throw, so be ready to avoid that.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2020, 07:05:51 am »

...No, we should try talking a little. I don't particularly fancy our chances in a straight fight, to be honest. We should just keep our guard up.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2020, 07:37:48 am »

Stab him now, while the sun blinds him

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2020, 08:24:42 am »

Is stabbing the guy in public really a good idea?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2020, 08:45:08 am »

How else are we going to stop him?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2020, 09:00:04 am »

How else are we going to stop him?
But what about the people that don't know whats going on, and just see us sneak up to the guy and stab him, they'll think we're the assassin.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2020, 09:49:38 am »

Stay on the defensive. Maybe he has something to throw, so be ready to avoid that.
+1

I'm gonna +1 this for caution's sake-- but also, we should really be talking right now not fighting. Perils of battle aside, we can't just stab this guy if we want to make a heroics teacher of him!

"You're looking to murder my employer. Why?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2020, 09:58:14 am »

+1

I'm gonna +1 this for caution's sake-- but also, we should really be talking right now not fighting. Perils of battle aside, we can't just stab this guy if we want to make a heroics teacher of him!

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2020, 10:08:16 am »

+1

+1
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2020, 04:27:09 pm »

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking.  We probably can't beat him in a fight anyway.

+1

+1
+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2020, 09:49:41 pm »

[1]
You put on a fierce face, and once again try to interrogate the guy.  You take a breath, and begin coughing from your run, on the dirty city air.  It takes a good thirty seconds to regain control of your voice, by which time the assassin has relocated enough to be side-on to the light, instead of having it shine in his eyes.

"Why should I tell you?"

And with a flourish, he strikes again.

[5+2=7] vs [7+1=8]

Which you dodge again, looking for an opportunity to counterstrike.  Last time he was good up close, so maybe a lunge would be better?

[5] vs [7+2=9]

Nope.  You miss as he dodges backwards, but after that pass of arms, you still remain safely between him and the exit.  You think you see a moment of worry crossing this guys face... but at you look again, it seems oddly blank, as if you'd only imagined worry.

"I must admit, you do seem to have me at a bit of a disadvantage.  How about we call it quits for today?  Just go our seperate ways?  See what tomorrow brings?"  He gives you that flashing grin, and reaches up to touch a hat that he isn't wearing.  What is with this guy?

[2+2=4] vs [7+8=15]
[6+8-4=10] vs [7+2=9]

A moment later, you see his face change, as if an invisible mask was removed.  Where a moment ago it was full of overconfidence and glamour, now you see a grin that looks locked onto his jaw.  His movements remain completely fluid and at ease, in contrast to his face.

Dangit, you didn't know what to expect from bodyguarding, but you certainly didn't expect this.  Two silver a week isn't enough for this!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2020, 09:54:01 pm »

(That still seems miserly.  Is that considered good value for a dangerous job?)

Probably not with the imminent threat.  2 silver a week for an inexperienced guard is pretty reasonable, as is 3 silver/week for a better one, because quite honestly, most guards don't actually face death very often.  With the already-murdered servant it would be normal to pay significantly more... but that would also be matched by hiring significantly better guards.

So it's not unreasonable, in that you would be unlikely to find a better deal for guarding, but it's an unreasonable amount for someone expected to fight off a skilled assassin alone.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:07 pm »

Damn, we missed our chance.  I should have stuck to my guns, I guess.  Attempt to use our charm to put him off-balance.  If successful, attempt to capitalize on that with a strike.  Maybe we can wear him down, make him tired and desperate?

Consider this: he only has a +2 to combat, which is not an overwhelming advantage on a d12, and it's partly nullified by our +1 to defense.

My enthusiasm for this job has reached a new low.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:01:28 pm by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2020, 09:59:16 pm »

Well, it was probably the easiest method of meeting an assassin one could contrive.

Do note that your lifestyle costs you about 1 silver per week.  You just don't pay that because you have a fixed income source.  This job would let you save half of all the money you earn, even if you didn't have any other income.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2020, 10:07:14 pm »

(May I ask, are all speech actions rolls, or if we provide the exact words is the roll omitted?)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47