Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Would You Press the Button?  (Read 3106 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Press the Button?
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2020, 01:25:42 am »

The answer to this one is obviously no. If the Toady One died today, then the "Final Version" would just be the current one! Also something about murder being unethical I guess.

This button sends you fifty years into the future, but you lose any investments you made.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2020, 03:19:24 am »

While I don't have any investments I'm still not going to push this one as I don't want to rush in to a future that's going to be just as big or even bigger of a shit hole as we've go now.

This button solves world hunger and over population, but it kills 99% of the human population.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2020, 09:15:12 am »

No way no how.

This button retroactively and continually erases any knowledge of The Game from your memory, thus ensuring you need never lose The Game again!
However, it also calls up your memory of Frozen's "Let It Go", looping the song through your mind every week or so.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2020, 09:47:38 am »

Sure

This button makes you unable to take damage from bullets, however you are also more vulnerable to temperature related effects

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:25 pm »

Nah. I don't have any use for bullet immunity, but I do have use for temperature defense.

You die instantly, but the most evil person alive on the planet (whoever that is) also dies.
Black lives matter.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2020, 08:00:27 pm »

No thanks. Without an objective measure for who is most evil, the odds of me taking down an actually appropriate target is slim. Is evil measured purely through actions? Intent?

Would I end up killing the worst undetected serial killer in history? A fascist who's ordered and executed hate crimes? Or some random person who has the POTENTIAL to be the most evil and cruel individual, but has never acted on it due to circumstance?

It's all too murky. Without a more accurate button Death Note, I wouldn't press it.

Pressing the button makes you much more efficient in work and daily life, never procrastinating, always productive, that sort of thing.

BUT

All dogs won't like you.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2020, 11:59:58 pm »

I’d press it. While I do have pet dogs, they are unlikely to attack, they’d just play with each other and ignore me, actually nom they’d bark at me a lot, but no attacks. Efficiency would allow me to do what I need to do without the barking. That’s talking about my home. I’m currently in college dorms, so no dogs nearby anyway, the productivity and efficiency will help a lot.

This button allows you to learn all available knowledge about a subject of your choosing, but if your memory storage runs out before said subject is learned, other memories will be deleted, starting from earliest memories, until you know all of the subject you chose.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:03:30 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2020, 12:05:58 am »

No

The button exists, but only you know it exists, and it doesn't exist to everyone else. If you press it, you won't exist to others, but they will exist to you, for better or worse.
it's over

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2020, 12:20:02 am »

The button exists, but only you know it exists, and it doesn't exist to everyone else. If you press it, you won't exist to others, but they will exist to you, for better or worse.

So the Well wants "connections"...

Well (no pun intended) If the Well has nothing to offer me, I might as well not take it up on it's offer.

No.

This button causes long dead games to rise from the dead.  It causes your computer monitor to emit the stench of rotting flesh whenever you read any of them.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2020, 12:26:52 am »

Yes, there are games here I’ve found but died, there were also games I was part of before their death, also, I’ve never smelled rotting flesh, just formaldehyde from high school biology
I spent too long typing this and the button

This button allows your dreams to take place on unexplored planets and moons that actually exist, allowing you to experience what being on said planets would be like, each night, you dream about a different planet/moon, thus learning much more about it than what we currently know. You’d be able to know whether or not life exists there, the landscape, weather etc. the problem is that each time you wake up, you have to do a calculation for how s ship would get from Earth to the planet you dreamed about before waking up. E.G. if you dreamt about Europa, when you wake up, you have to do calculations on how to get from Earth to Europa before you can start moving

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2020, 05:27:06 am »

No as I suck at math, and know next to nothing about how space ships would get to far off planets.

A button that removes COVID-19 from every living person that has it, but you, your family, and friends get extreme cases of it with all the worst symptoms.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2020, 11:02:07 am »

No as I suck at math, and know next to nothing about how space ships would get to far off planets.

A button that removes COVID-19 from every living person that has it, but you, your family, and friends get extreme cases of it with all the worst symptoms.
Nope. Not even if it were just me.

This button reverses the flow of time, but you can't control when it stops and goes forward again: it might be any time in history.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2020, 01:19:21 pm »

Yep, sounds like it'd not actually change much of anything, good or bad, any which way. Or it'd be very interesting to see if/where it does.

This button reverses the flow of time, but you can't control when it stops and goes forward again: it might be any time in history

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2020, 03:39:19 pm »

Yes, if it goes far enough, I could learn about how life started

This button lets you to automatically know the chemical compositions of everything you look at, however you also need to drink more water than you used to have to

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2020, 03:58:12 pm »

No thanks. It doesn't seem like that cool or useful a superpower, even with the relatively minimal drawback.

The button gives you the strength of 10 men, with no drawbacks as far as real life physics go

BUT

You can't ever get a visa to leave your country, even for tourist or business purposes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5