Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Would You Press the Button?  (Read 3109 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Would You Press the Button?
« on: February 11, 2020, 06:59:42 pm »

Would You Press the Button is a game where a button will do a good thing and a bad thing. Example and First one, when you answer, make a button of your own.

You can understand every human language, but you always hear speaking and thus, you can never sleep. Would You Press the Button?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Press the Button?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:29:43 pm »

You can press the button to allow yourself to become COMPLETELY invisible, at the cost of light not being able to enter your eyes making it impossible for you to see things while invisible.
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »

Yes, absolutely!   

You gain a virtuosic level of skill with absolutely any instrument, but you can only play covers of ABBA songs.
Do you press the button?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:47:30 pm »

Yes. Its an improvement over my current musical talents.

Your total lifespan increases by 60 years, but you suddenly get the body and physical ability of an 80 year old immediately. Do you press the button?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 08:49:27 pm »

Yes, if I could wait until I was already really old before pressing it. If not, no.

You can immediately tell if a person is lying just by looking at their face when they talk, but you can no longer tell explicit lies yourself (lying by omission excluded).
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 08:56:30 pm »

Yes. While that may sound like a downside, it means you become a 100% reliable truth detector that is reliable to all parties involved. You would instantly be able to solve any crime with a living witness or perpetrator, collect vital intelligence just from public statements, and everyone would have to believe you since you can't lie. Win all around unless your life some reason revolves around lying to people and you are unwilling to change it.

Push the button and you receive one million dollars, but must pay back one hundred million dollars twenty years from now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 09:34:33 pm »

No

The button allows you to breathe in any liquid, however, you can only breathe while submerged in a liquid

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 01:38:23 am »

No,
I like being able to talk

The button will make you appear as though incredibly beautiful/handsome to everyone else, but absolutely hideous to yourself.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:03 am »

There is much beauty in the world otherwise, and being nice looking can open many doors.

Yes.

You get a robot butler who can perform any tasks at the highest level of any human professional, but you lose your relationship with your closest friend.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 03:16:55 am »

Nope. Not worth it.

You can predict the future with absolute clarity, but once you have predicted an event it will come to pass no matter what you do to stop it.
Black lives matter.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 05:17:51 am »

No

You can turn into any animal and still be able to talk, but you can never turn back into a human.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 05:47:17 am »

I don’t know if You’re suggesting that I can turn into any animal at will other than a Human, or that I can pick one and stick with it for ever. If option 1, yes, I could probably use that to extend my lifespan ad infinitum by turning into Young versions of long-lived animals over and over again, and I would also be able to fly at will which would combined leave Me quite happy with my existence. If option 2, no.

You become Armok, God of Blood, with the power to make and remake the World to Your Heart’s content, along with everything else that an existence as Armok would entail, but You can never again exist as a Mortal or feel Mortal feelings.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Press the Butt
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 07:17:51 am »

Yes, isn’t not being mortal the point of being a god?
The button allows you to always know the time, but never the place

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 06:28:45 am »

No.

You can experience existence any alternate Universe You could ever imagine, including as a self insert Character in a Universe identical to any media You could ever think of, but You can’t go to one containing Your Family or any of Your current Friends, and You can’t go to Your Home Universe.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 02:43:01 pm »

Yes, because fuck this shitty reality.

You can press the button to automatically touch any buttons you see via telepathy, but it can't be turned off, and you can't refuse to press a button. Obviously this doesn't apply to keyboards/elevators/phones/tablets/computers since the button is nice.
it's over
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5