00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252622 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5055 on: August 31, 2020, 11:13:36 pm »

((It depends on the society, but that horrifying means something that an average person would be filled with horror at witnessing. After all, you literally just killed nine people in less than 10 minutes with them having no idea why they're dropping dead by turning the water in their brain into hydrogen and oxygen. No chance at surrender. No chance to injure. No chance for peace--just dead. No chance of survival.

Wouldn't you fear such a godly act?))

We were just at the black market. We should at least learn the religion(s)? of our potential alliance members, +1 to temple exploration

That was the slave market. ))

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:18:44 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 31, 2020, 11:19:12 pm »

((Hey now, horror is relative... we coulda gone for the intestines. Imagine the screaming! The detonation of bowels!))
((But yes, Sol-children are scary  :-X ))

Food. A thank you to the princeling-- then rest. It's been a full day.

Joyous tears, from a smile-- that, godling, was the trick of the evening.
You did well by your names back there. By both your names.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:22:46 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 31, 2020, 11:20:54 pm »

((They chose the wrong industry to become a part of.))

Take a quick look at the fire temple.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: September 01, 2020, 09:08:47 am »

I still think we should go to the black market, but the fire temple sounds neat as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: September 01, 2020, 01:09:30 pm »

The temple to the fire goddess isn’t as large or ornate as the temple of money. It sits on an unnatural hill of raised earth, wrapped around a basin within the center of the mound. Red granite pillars of rough-hewn stone hold up a slightly angled roof of terracotta. You spot only three priests and a few guards striding across the smooth ceramic floor of the internal structure.

The basin within the center of the mound burns with a hydrogen flame. Pieces of wood burn and crackle weakly, turning to ash and char. A golden hammer, anvil, and cooking pot sit next to the basin on elevated plinths. A bearded priest sits beside the fire, cross-legged. He stares into the flames with intensity that, you note, could probably melt steel.

“The Temple is closed at this time we—”, A young man approaches the two of you, and speaks softly. He wears a loose robe of mottled red and blue, tied to his frame with a sash of gold and silver thread. His head is shaved free of hair, and a splotch of black charcoal dots his brow.

“Your goddess is here.” Rekhyt interrupts, gesturing to you.

“I’m sorry, what?”

You turn your gaze to Rekhyt, who lifts his mask to flash you a grin and give a thumbs up.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: September 01, 2020, 03:30:03 pm »

Create a small flame above our outstretched hand and observe the man's reaction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: September 02, 2020, 03:06:40 am »

Create a small flame above our outstretched hand and observe the man's reaction.
+1 Looks like its time to get more followers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: September 02, 2020, 10:32:00 pm »

The flame flickers to life in the palm of your hand. The amount you're burning is barely visible in the dark of the night. So, with a tweak of the formula, you change the emitted light, turning it into a bright blue. The young priest blinks.

Then he investigates your hand. You make to flinch back, but Rekhyt waves you into stillness. "It is the Outlander way, goddess." He pauses, then continues, in Holylander, "Skepticism."

"It's no trick -- I can summon fire."

The young priest is silent. His hands shake as he smooths out his robes. He bows his head and turns away. He fetches the elder-by-the-flame and the two approach. The elder takes your wrist to examine the fire, and his hand drops.

"Fire-blooms-flowers brought home by a fool."

"...what?"

He gestures to Rekhyt behind the mask of Khudal. "The Fool."

"No, what do-- that name. I've been called it before."

"You've forgotten who you are." The elder states, nodding. He crosses his hands into his robes over his bulk. The youth is scribbling across a thick pad of paper. Observing with the eyes of a fanatic. "We can educate you."

You hesitate, and Rekhyt turns and gives an exaggerated tilt of his head-- then a slow, delicate bow. "Welcome back to the show, Goddess."

I...I'm confused. What just happened?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: September 02, 2020, 10:38:19 pm »

It looks like you've successfully made them believe that you are their goddess.  I would say that you should just go with the flow and see what they have to "teach" you.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: September 02, 2020, 11:00:59 pm »

They... know you?
<Have we been here before?>

...show them a bit more fire. A halo, a rose, what have you-- you're good at such things-- and ask your questions, in the hydrogen light.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: September 02, 2020, 11:27:14 pm »

I like skepticism. It allows for better decision making.

Let’s figure out what they have to say. Knowledge can’t hurt.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: September 02, 2020, 11:54:18 pm »

[1] As far as you can remember, your Line has never been on this planet before Patches. Sol vanished, you think, before this planet was even colonized by the SEED project and humanity.

"Where does that name come from?" You question, and twist the flame into a flower. A wildflower, to be precise, one of those that grows on fallow farmlands the Holyland over.

"That flower you hold. It grows across burnt forests in the canyons. It was once a marker for fertile land." The Elder nods, unsurprised. "Two others followed you in name. One united the clans against a demon. Though she, and many, many others perished, it was defeated. Another planted those flowers in the ashes of his many fallen foes as he ripped apart the clans."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: September 03, 2020, 12:01:51 am »

Hmm.  Probably just folk heroes, but on the off-chance another Ascended was here, that Dust would be useful.

"What were these individuals capable of, and where were they buried?  I wish to pay my respects and commune with them."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: September 03, 2020, 12:16:40 am »

SEED could have experimented before with other incarnations but I doubt it.

Hydrogen control isn't the only way to force fire like powers.  As an example gravity and spacial manipulation are two sides of a similar coin and with sufficient pushing you can cut chemical bonds apart or force things together.   Maybe others from the crashed ship woke up like McCreary and had something that could control energy as well.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: September 03, 2020, 12:17:13 am »

Dust crumbles away after awhile, no? McCreary's was intact, but so was his corpse-- preserved by SEED.

These warriors of the old flame... by what names did they call themselves?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 381