00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252207 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4380 on: July 06, 2020, 01:07:26 am »

...again with the marriage proposition?
I understand there's tactical considerations to be had here, but we elders have no right to ask this of our heir. It's her life.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 06, 2020, 01:08:54 am »

Empyreals are functionally immortal, as you know.  She just has to wait him out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:24:05 am by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: July 06, 2020, 01:44:40 am »

Would you marry a baseliner off to a septuagenarian, and justify it thus? The thing is obscene all the same.
φοῖνιξ isn't our puppet. To ask this-- to force this-- we'd be wielding her like one. We haven't the right.

...we never had the right.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 06, 2020, 01:46:02 am »

Hmm.  I suppose you are right.  Phoenix, what are your thoughts on the matter?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 06, 2020, 01:53:26 am »

I'd rather burn all of the Outlands to ash and water it with the blood of it's pe-- it's a hard no, from me. I will meet him. If he interests me, I will reconsider...as for Mellone--

"It's mine one way or another." You bluntly state, with the slightest of frowns. "So we'll treat it as such." Mellone gives a small, tight nod, and returns to the negotiation table. You listen for a little while, but are soon bored by the discussion. Murdach left when the discussion turned to [hectares] of land. You suppose you could stay to understand the full treaty--or you could go do something else.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: July 06, 2020, 01:56:11 am »

Read the dossier.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:36:17 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 06, 2020, 03:01:53 am »

Read the dossier.
We could do that after hearing the treaty

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: July 06, 2020, 03:35:49 am »

I guess we should hear it in case they try to sneak in something controversial at the last moment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: July 06, 2020, 09:05:25 am »

Stay for the treaty.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 06, 2020, 05:57:37 pm »

You remove the folder, reading over it while you sit comfortably at the table. You half-listen to the treaty while you scan the document. Your negotiator, that is to say, Geoyde, is pushing that the energy rights to that spot in the ocean are part of the ten percent, whereas the Pirate group is trying to explain that as a bonus. Eventually, they get settled on sparing a few percentages of mineral rights in return for the section of ocean, but only after Geoyde insists that such a deal is not an attempt at fairness, but rather blatant robbery.

Spoiler: Dossier (click to show/hide)

You follow William out into the hallway during one of the recesses. The pirate Voidmarine laughs when William draws out a las-gun, and fires at the massive suit of armor. It impacts with a sizzle before it dissipates. The only proof a shot was fired at all is a pockmark not even a [millimeter] deep. William nods as the pirate continues laughing through her speaker. He takes a step forward-- wrapping his black arms around the armored figure the best he can-- and with a strain of every muscle in his body, he lifts the multi-ton Voidmarine up and slams her into the deck. She gasps in surprise as he suddenly stands on top of the armor, panting and sweating from the exertion with a twist if a grin. He produces a knife as she struggles to reach him -- or her gun. With a savage strike, he begins to try and prise the carapace open.

"Enough playing." One of the other Voidmarine states, much to William's and the prone pirate's mirth.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:29:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 06, 2020, 06:29:02 pm »

Low legitimacy, but a strong economy and high population morale.  No law enforcement, which is interesting.  How can a society exist without laws?

"Are you having some fun, William?  It looks like even a voidmarine can't withstand am Ascended."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 06, 2020, 06:33:03 pm »

“Why are you fighting our allies? We should not needlessly damage armor or weaponry, as they are expensive to produce and in some cases necessary for life of the one inside”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 06, 2020, 06:34:41 pm »

They were just messing around.  No harm was done.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 06, 2020, 06:46:44 pm »

"She still won though." William rises with a grin, offering the Voidmarine a hand -- which yanks the unsteady Family Prince to the ground. The two start laughing again, eventually both regaining their footing. "But I got my point across."

"Aye, you did." The Pirate laughs, straightening up and coming to a stand with mild difficulty.

"I also found a weakness."

"An apt description -- she does have a weakness for being on her back." The other Pirate states, bluntly. The first Pirate doesn't respond verbally -- instead slamming her fist hard into the chest of the other pirate with an echoing clang of metal on metal. The second Pirate stumbles back, laughing.

The contract stands, and both sides representatives agree to the terms. Cephie pulls you aside, and the two of you discuss using her ship's printer to make a feast. She hesitates, but agrees, pointing out that you should probably get in contact with Emma to begin forming a story -- after all, these are the Barons of Steel that once threatened the Holyland. You nod in agreement, asking her to plan out the party with Emma. Cephie gives a bow of her head, leaving your side to return to Stormmont with the delegation to begin organizing the feast. A pirate approaches her, extending out a massive briefcase-style system. A private Empyreal Communication array, connected to the Pirate's network.

You return to your 'room' to notice the carpet has been removed, and the deck patched with thick metal plates welded to the floor. Your armor still lies in a bloodstained duffle bag, but you have no intention of even touching Lucille right now. Instead, you take up a seat at the deskbound console, fingers resting on the keys. You want to get in touch with Ashley Sol, right? How should that conversation start?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:48:22 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 06, 2020, 06:51:14 pm »

I would suggest introducing ourselves and politely inquiring about her.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 381