00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252215 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4350 on: July 04, 2020, 10:40:08 pm »

Let the pain and memories fade.  We will bear them for you.

"Yes, please."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: July 04, 2020, 10:44:48 pm »

Yes, Cephie, we're insane. It's how we survived the Leviathan, after all. It is... useful. Sanity is necessary for those who are mundane. We are not. For us it is merely a tool.

My fellow advisors: Lucille cannot restrict our... more fiery abilities, correct? Can we install a safeguard in Lucille, make her critical functions dependent on a piece that is vulnerable to heat? Something we can replace easily, though. I'd like to see her "noble override"
that.

((I'm gone for a few days and all this happens?!))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:58:35 pm by Eschar »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: July 04, 2020, 11:13:22 pm »

I don’t think making Lucille vulnerable to heat will help at all. That will make things worse, the point of armor is to protect. Also, if we lose all our sanity, the plague will take us over, I think, so we should try to stay sane.
Yes to the moon pill
Rest

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: July 04, 2020, 11:15:11 pm »

Not making her completely vulnerable to heat: just some small part that would still be protected from outside damage, but that our combustive capabilities can still disable.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: July 04, 2020, 11:16:19 pm »

Not making her completely vulnerable to heat: just some small part that would still be protected from outside damage, but that our combustive capabilities can still disable.
What’s the purpose of hindering her? Hindering us?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: July 04, 2020, 11:17:53 pm »

Not to hinder her normal functions: so we can hinder her if Magnus or another Noble's presence triggers another Noble Override and she temporarily turns traitor.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: July 04, 2020, 11:19:15 pm »

Perhaps there are different versions of this armor for sale.  Ones that are less... official.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: July 04, 2020, 11:28:58 pm »

((As with the fabricator, DRM strikes again.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: July 04, 2020, 11:34:19 pm »

((As with the fabricator, DRM strikes again.))
((What does DRM stand for? Is it the name of the company that makes the fabricators?))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 04, 2020, 11:35:55 pm »

Digital rights management.  There's DRM on the pirate ship, too, but they were able to steal and use it.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 04, 2020, 11:51:26 pm »

"Shh..." Cephie shushes and presses the pill to your lips. You swallow -- the world swims as a cloud descends. Colors blur and brighten, then swim together until you shut your eyes. You focus too much on the reflections, the feelings, the rays of light twisting down only to be hindered by Cephie's face. A grin curls her lips --

[1]--you scream yourself awake, clawing at the bed, and struggling against sleep paralysis. Too much-- too much-- you twist and writhe as fires begin to lick at the edges of the sheets.

Cephie wraps her arms around you, gently. Your struggles cease -- a center of wood smoke in a vortex of fear. You pass into the eye of the storm, slumping against her. Your hand shakes. Weakly you murmur, afraid, "I don't want to sleep al--"

"Don't beg." Cephie murmurs, "Just kiss me and shut up."

She's gone in the morning, and you rise to find a bundle of clothes on your bed, topped with a towel. A cold meal of what you assume was dinner lays on one of the tables nearby. You rise, eat, and step into the corridor. Last night is a blur. Your head pounds, painfully, but the cold shower of stale water helps. You drink some -- and spit it out.

You dry yourself with the towel, pulling on the stiff, heavy fabrics of the Pirates. It itches, but the weight is comforting, as is the number of straps and belts -- the formality of it all. A wrapping, an undershirt, a vest, a coat, and an overcoat all weigh you down. You lace and wrap the boots, strapping them to your feet.

They're functional boots too -- a spacer's pair of boots. Steel, leather, and plastic, all set atop a magnetizing base that hooks you to tethers should there be a sudden loss of gravity.

You return to the lent room, examining the new console on the desk. Cephie, or someone else, has set your armor aside in a blood-stained duffle bag and cleaned the pool of blood from the floor.

Cephie returns, grinning from ear to ear. She draws a square plastic container from her coat pocket and fishes out a roll of paper. A heavy herbal smell lingers in the air. She flicks one to you, then claims a seat on the couch and opening her datapad. "After that stunt last night -- well, you were monitored. They put that up on the big screens though-- they cut out a few pieces, but these bastards love that stuff. Spitting in a Noble's face, defying them -- eat it right up."

"I barely remember it."

"Those pills help with trauma. Makes it easy to forget. Blurs the details.What are you planning on doing now?"

You examine the tube of herb and paper, lips quirking as you consider Cephie's question. You have a question for her, but...business.
Right.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:03:53 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 04, 2020, 11:57:57 pm »

((I'm gone for a few days and all this happens?!))
((I turn in for the night as everyone's puzzling over communication priorities... I wander in the next evening, and we're in the throes of hell. This game moves scary fast sometimes.  :-X ))

We'd best go show "grandmother" we're alive.
Looks like the update got edited out.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:11:22 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 05, 2020, 12:05:15 am »

Fixed now. Apologies. Lots of content to get through. I can go slower, but sometimes you guys are doing very short term commands that need immediate results! <.<

You can line up suggestions or suggest an agenda for the week. <.<

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 05, 2020, 12:10:04 am »

We should contact Ashes and/or Rupert now that we know that Magnus means business.  We need all the help we can get.  Have Cephie eyeball the 50% goods we got and give us a rough estimate of the value.  In addition, see if there are any local and discreet traders near the system that don't ask too many questions.  Also, use the Unlimited Meals DRM on the dropship to produce some decadent meals for the pirates, as we said we would.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 05, 2020, 12:13:39 am »

((No worries! Is nice sometimes, a late night of rapid-fire updates.))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 381