00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252390 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4275 on: July 03, 2020, 12:50:50 pm »

((Lovely, thanks Egar! I'll assume any information I call up in this way outside of PMs/spoilers is available to all of us, just so I don't have to parrot forward what's been said already-- our system has handled similar information transfers nicely in past, and Constantine's got nothing to hide.))

There's a couple questions at play here, godling.

First (a question for everyone's consideration):
where do we stand, long-term? Do we play Magnus' game, or do we join our Line-siblings in opposition?
Second: of our Line-siblings, who's most likely to turn a willing ear to our predicament? For that matter, who's most likely to be in a position to help?
Finally... is there anyone on this list you'd like to call for their own sake? Anyone you've fond memories of, through Alphira's mind?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: July 03, 2020, 12:55:06 pm »

((Lovely, thanks Egar! I'll assume any information I call up in this way outside of PMs/spoilers is available to all of us, just so I don't have to parrot forward what's been said already-- our system has handled similar information transfers nicely in past, and Constantine's got nothing to hide.))

There's a couple questions at play here, godling.

First (a question for everyone's consideration):
where do we stand, long-term? Do we play Magnus' game, or do we join our Line-siblings in opposition?
Second: of our Line-siblings, who's most likely to turn a willing ear to our predicament? For that matter, who's most likely to be in a position to help?
Finally... is there anyone on this list you'd like to call for their own sake? Anyone you've fond memories of, through Alphira's mind?

or the interface’s mind?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: July 03, 2020, 01:04:45 pm »

Heh. The Interface was many things... it was not, by my reckoning, a purveyor of "fond memories". Chilly sort of creature.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: July 03, 2020, 01:10:02 pm »

Heh. The Interface was many things... it was not, by my reckoning, a purveyor of "fond memories". Chilly sort of creature.
yes, but it still was able to think, and likely has memories of its own, which Phoenix now shares along with Alphira’s and Phoebe’a, though Phoebe has only known this planet

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: July 03, 2020, 02:38:43 pm »

In my opinion, we should contact Alphira's siblings that are both likely to be willing to help and close enough to get here in a reasonable amount of time.  Since we only have an hour, we shouldn't contact siblings just for the sake of catching up with them.  We should also contact Magnus and see if we can hash something out, but under no circumstances should we mention the Plague to him.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: July 03, 2020, 02:40:50 pm »

No word of the Plague, hm? Because you figure he'd just wipe out the biosphere here and have done with it?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: July 03, 2020, 02:49:11 pm »

Exactly.  The planet is unimportant to him, so I doubt he would spare it if he learned of the Plague, even if we manage to defeat it before he arrives.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: July 03, 2020, 02:54:37 pm »

It will take 12 years for Magnus to get here, maybe we can tell him about the plague, then we can spend time repairing the colonial ship, which if I remember correctly, was calculated to take 3 years of repairing. We can then get as many people on the ship as can be allowed, along with adequate food and water supplies, maybe a farm on ship for the crops/livestock, that way when Magnus destroys the plague, we, and SEED’s people, could find a plague free planet to colonize. I remember there is an old colony ship, I just can’t remember the name of it right now. I know it would take less than 12 years to repair.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:58:33 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: July 03, 2020, 02:58:13 pm »

This planet has a lot of potential.  I'd rather not have it destroyed, as we are unlikely to find another SEEDed planet.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: July 03, 2020, 02:58:46 pm »

That colony ship bears a carry capacity of some few myriads-- not nearly sufficient to transport the entirety of this world's people. If Magnus decides to scour McCreary's Planet, there will be holocaust.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: July 03, 2020, 03:00:53 pm »

This planet has a lot of potential.  I'd rather not have it destroyed, as we are unlikely to find another SEEDed planet.
Right. We might still be able to tell our siblings about the plague, I don’t think destroying a biosphere is the only way a plague is destroyed.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: July 03, 2020, 10:12:17 pm »

...Alphira did not spend much time with her younger siblings...I do not have memories of any of them. I do recall that of this list, of which two are missing, Jax and Aras were the most like Alphias, but they are the furthest from us, it would seem. Ashley--

"What is Ashley like?" You question Cephie, hesitating.

[12]"...She's a bit of a schemer, a manipulator. She's technically in the Nobility and Navies good graces, out of all of the Kindred of Alphias.  Inheritance is still being contested, as far as we can tell. She might see an opportunity in you for in-family politics." Cephie shrugs, glancing up at you. "I want you to try something for me. I want you to sit and think about who would be the best person to call."

Rupert...Rup. I do remember him. He's also known as 'Crematoria', in his legends. He burned his way across worlds during the war, when a message needed to be sent. Some people called him Sol's Herald-- he was used as an intimidation piece -- second only to Alphira.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: July 03, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »

Then we shall call Rup.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: July 03, 2020, 10:29:45 pm »