00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251897 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3525 on: May 12, 2020, 09:45:47 pm »

Ahh... you honor us, Φοίβη. You honor us. Someday, you will outgrow us-- and that, that will be the greatest honor of all.
Now. Perhaps a rearranging of the words, leaving out the clause in question?

"I... need to apologize."

"Trusting people is hard for me. I tend to get myself hurt, trusting people-- but I pushed you away back there. Treated you like one of my soldiers. You're supposed to be more than that. I gave my word."

"Your help, your advice-- I really am grateful, Cephie. I'm sorry."

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: May 12, 2020, 10:25:58 pm »

Cephie listens on in silence over the radio, before she calmly states, ["You need me to do something for you, don't you?"]

You hesitate, then explain your situation.

["That does sound bad. I'll go and pick up my ship shortly. You interested in a flyover of the Outlands? I'm sure you'll have to take a hover-craft with the rest of us [peasents, serfs, hive-worker, lower class], but I think you'll be fine. I'll can come get you -- and bring you to check in with Emma. Watching you get scolded will more than make up for your behavior."]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: May 12, 2020, 10:28:13 pm »

["Thanks, Cephie. That sounds good."]

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: May 12, 2020, 10:35:26 pm »

Heh. Cephie is no stranger to people in urgent need of resources she controls, it seems.

I retract a bit of my previous moralizing - we ain't going to be ensnaring her in some web of false trust even if we try.

Keep my statements in mind, though. Not all people whose help we might need in the future will be as perceptive as Cephelia of Lavoisier.

She is - barely - not equal to us in pure strength, but nobody will be [pulling the wool over her eyes] anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:21:23 am by Eschar »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: May 12, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »

This... is going to be quite the scolding.

+1

Do we know what became of that capelet of ours?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:42:36 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:15 pm »

This... is going to be quite the scolding.

+1

Do we know what became of that capelet of ours?

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:04 pm »

You do not-- judging by your chest they probably had to burn it to get rid of all the blood and organs no doubt splattered across it. Silas watches you with confusion -- and Cephie makes her return.

"Medic Kimberly? You're the [angel]?" Silas states, obviously confused by her appearance. Cephie gives a small grin, her teeth wearing away to reveal the sharp incisors. Brown hair turns black, shimmering with oils beneath the cheap lighting. Her face stretches, becoming more androgynous, more sharply etched. The iris of her eyes blacken, until there seems to be no difference between them and her pupils. She straightens, losing weight.

"Kimberly is sleeping off some sedatives in her room." Cephie explains, brushing her hair back over her shoulder.

"So...you're the other [angel]?" He questions, and she hesitates, then nods. "Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot." Cephie takes hold of the handles of your chair, leaning against it, against you.

"Why do you look [androgynous, lit. share both male and female features.]?"

"[The Endless] made us in his or her image -- when you're powerful enough to change your entire body on a whim I guess you stop caring about gender as much. It also makes it easier for people to deify us."

"Wait, whats the [The Endless, Incorrect]?"

"One question Silas Thornton." The two of you leave -- well, she leaves, and you're just in tow. You take the personnel elevator, up to the top floor. Cephie seems in a better mood, and idly picks at robes while she waits.

You probably have time to ask her something.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: May 12, 2020, 11:14:05 pm »

"How many different lines of Empyreals are there, and is it possible for an Emypreal of one line to learn the techniques of another line?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 12, 2020, 11:22:40 pm »

"...I'm in trouble, I take it?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:23 pm »

"Yes. I know enough calcium manipulation to modify my bone structure a little -- usually, a weaker form of [essence] is introduced. Preferably a new line, so as to prevent contamination of Ancestors. McCreary is probably floating around in your head somewhere."

"As for how many...well, the Old Lines, like you, are few in number, and their histories are recorded across the galaxy, written in blood. New Lines, like myself, have fewer ancestors, less storied pasts -- I can't give you a number, because it would be like counting sand at a beach, or hydrogen in a star. Newer Lines are less combat focused, though. I'm the third of my line, and my previous ancestor was an entertainer..."

"Let me explain it this way. When you get into the Void, one out of every two hundred people you meet will be an Ascended. On a planet, one out a billion might be better."

Cephie grins, "You tell me."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:02 pm »

"Do you know anything of my sickness, the 'Nightmare?'"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 12, 2020, 11:52:50 pm »

Useful questions when we could be making smalltalk! Bah and [humbug].
Let us make a conversation of it, at least.

Grin a little, ruefully. "...I've been dead for a month. Again. I'm in trouble."
"I was supposed to be flying an easy mission, you know-- in and out. Then the hallucinations started."

"Do you know anything of my sickness, the 'Nightmare?'"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:54:56 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 12, 2020, 11:56:35 pm »

"The what no--" The lift doors open on the office complex, and Cephie stops talking, wheeling you in-- down the twist and turns, "I never heard of it."

Then she wheels you into an office, where Emma sits at a desk, consulting with several individuals you don't recognize. Mitch paces nearby, bounding over to give you a playful nip. Emma's face falls, and all at once she looks very old, very fragile. "Leave. Everyone."

"Hi! I'm --"

"Iyal, yes, I don't care. Get out. If you want me to like you, take Mitch with you when you go."

Cephie blinks, looking between the two of you. She almost looks disappointed, but she snatches up Mitch's lead and drags him out the door. Emma sits across from you, hunching over the desk in silence. She's wearing glasses, which, you know, must only be for cosmetic purposes. She doesn't approach, doesn't move to hug you, and you take in the room at a glance. A wardrobe sits in the corner, rugs adorn the floors, and a Thornton Banner hangs to the right of one with your new symbol on it. Perhaps most disconcertingly, a bed lies just out of view in the next room.

"Pheobe." She begins, and you can feel panic rising in your chest. "I can't keep doing this. I can't. I don't think we can be together anymore. Not as lovers."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: May 13, 2020, 12:02:11 am »

That's understandable, really. She's been through a lot of suffering due to our constant injuries.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 13, 2020, 12:06:59 am »

oh
oh
I
pain
all I can say
all I can say is